PDA

View Full Version : Ratchada Soi 8 Pub/G-Star disco closure/demolition?

newalaan2
July 14th, 2013, 05:03
A post on Thaivisa claims that Ratchada Soi 8 Pub/Disco and G-Star gay discos in Bangkok have closed down..........and are now.....demolished!??

I haven't been over to Rachada Soi8 pub for some time, can anyone confirm this news? Martin911 still head over that way sometimes?

christianpfc
July 14th, 2013, 13:08
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/635 ... s-no-more/ (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/635697-disaster-ratchada-soi-8-is-no-more/)

I had an invitation (but couldn't go) by Thai acquaintances to Soi 8 and they said it's on a new location. I don't have any more information than this.

martin911
July 15th, 2013, 23:45
I was in Rachada about 6/7 weeks ago expressly to go to a party in Soi8 pub that my new bf wanted to go too ,even booked into the Amanta @ soi 5 so we could be close to the Rachada clubs , fab hotel - the residences are mostly 1 bed suites , very Hiso as my guy stated and we never left he bedroom that nite lol so missed out on the visit to soi 8
I did notice as I passed the next day that the area around the clubs is a hive of construction , with soi 8 looking almost a spec in the middle - and I would not be surprised if its closing also
G Star has moved from there a good while ago but I have not been
I had really wanted to visit App pub which I've heard is popular with the student crowd
I must make a weekend trip soon and will back

lonelywombat
July 16th, 2013, 06:28
I am not interested in going to the club, but cannot work where it is. Was wondering where it is, or was.

I tried on a few maps but could not locate it. If you get a chance like some more info?

colmx
July 16th, 2013, 07:00
I tried on a few maps but could not locate it. If you get a chance like some more info?
Rachada Soi 8 disco and G-Star is/was located on Rachada Soi 8.
It is literally outside the steps to one of the exits from the Thailand Cultural Centre MRT station
Hollywood Bkk is also located in the same complex
On the attached map its called Ratchadaphisek 8

lonelywombat
July 16th, 2013, 07:10
Thanks for that. I was looking at wrong area altogether

sweetlover88
September 11th, 2013, 21:44
While i was living in Bangkok, i was always going out to G-Star.

G-Star has actually moved to a soi near Huai Kwan MRT, the soi name is 'Man Jai' or something like that, i don't know how to write it (but the pronounciation is something like MAN JAI). The club is really way bigger and there's lot more people.

As for Ratchada soi 8, it has moved into a purple complex in Ratchada but i totally forgot the name. (It's actually extremely close to a MRT station, like when you go out you see the purple building right on your left..)

I just forgot the name but whatever.

I hope i helped somehow.

Mathieu

UPDATE: I think the name of the building is Mansion 7, can someone confirm?

newalaan2
September 12th, 2013, 06:12
As for Ratchada soi 8, it has moved into a purple complex in Ratchada
Thanks for the update. One of the things I liked about Rachada Soi 8 was just getting the taxi from silom/saphan kwai... jump out and have the Soi 8 Pub, GStar or even Hollywood grouped close to eachother as well as the other small clubs/pubs so you could nip into a couple of the smaller one's or check out Soi 8 Pub and if quieter go on the GStar, or vice-versa. Pity they're not so close to eachother now, but given GStar is even larger than previously can't see how that could fail to be a good night.

christianpfc
September 12th, 2013, 14:14
I don't know about the fate of the clubs in Soi 8 (I have been there once, two or three years ago), but I went to the new place (Soi 8 Red Beat) recently. It is close to Huay Kwang MRT, it is in the same building as "Mansion 7". You can't miss the big scary hand that forms the entrance to complex on Ratchadapisek road.