PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya late night venues/clubs.

newalaan2
July 3rd, 2013, 16:48
Just an update from recent trip.

Didn't visit Idol or Dave Man once again none of our company put those names forward as a potential club night. NAB was very busy on the nights we went. The second visit was on Sunday night and we went early-ish just before 1am. There was only 4-5 other tables busy and we thought maybe we had made a mistake, but we got the whiskey going and within a matter of 45 minutes the club went from empty to packed, and another enjoyable night there was had. I noted very few farangs compared to previous visits with no Russians to be seen for a change.

Tam Nan Chon was also packed to the rafters and we had great time here too, the different segments of live bands, pop/rock/ folk and DJ in between works well throughout the evening as there is dancing time, time for a sit down and eat and a great mix of customers.

Hollywood was ok, again very few westerners which is unusual for Hollywood, mostly Asian..Korean, Japanese, Chinese but for some reason on the night very high levels of drunkenness esp among the Japanese, Koreans and their accompanying thai females. Not much in the way of tables of obvious gay guys but there were some dotted around. Show here still enjoyable with dancers, superb vocalists and band energetically playing new and old-favourite thai, Korean and western songs. Noted Red Label was Bt1100 as it's the first time for ages I have actually went to the counter to pay and organise as I went ahead of the rest or our company.

Best night was at Tam Nan Issan, we were drinking beer towers for a change from whiskey, and it was packed the whole time we were there, this is a place where again there are very few westerners and there is heaps of approaches from the groups of Thai guys when you go to toilet. Unfortunately it doesn't lend itself to be comfortable for lone individuals on the prowl, but if you did arrive with friends and whiskey/beer towers i'm pretty sure you would easily find a hook-up for the evening here. the boys really let their hair down at Tam Nan Issan...and as I have said before it isn't 100% morlam/issan etc.. there is a good mix of rock/pop/western too, but great fun and good food. Highly recommended.

Best 2 hours of music entertainment was at Zab Issan Bar on Walking St near the entrance off beach Rd, some of the very best morlam/issan singers you will hear live anywhere, lots of joking/fun mostly naughty jokes and references but hilarious and high tempo when the real sam-cha/Issan songs get going. Lots of westerners here and mostly all joining in or attempting to join in the fun...a few obvious gays and katoey types but mostly thai girls...but no attitude problems whatsoever, all out for a good time, had a few straight farang and thai girls come over to our table to clink glasses. Mostly just buying single drinks here, bottles of beer/whiskey-vodka cokes etc with drinks I think Bt150 so if you are considering staying for a while maybe best to enquire about a whiskey set up. We just went originally for one drink but landed up all agreeing to stay for a couple more because it was so enjoyable.

Much less late night clubbing compared to previous years but we really enjoyed the times we did go. I still much prefer NAB over Hollywood Idol etc.. but Tam Nan Issan great for a 'different' style of night out.

gregvc
July 3rd, 2013, 19:36
where is Tam Nan Issarn

anonone
July 3rd, 2013, 23:01
yes, good question.

I think I have read other posts about it, but none of the group of my Thai friends have ever suggested going there.

Assume it is a late night place...good to go after the bars close down? And where exactly do we find this fun spot?

Thanks.

colmx
July 4th, 2013, 01:18
Thanks for the trip report Alaan
Nice to see you are still your bit supporting the local late night entertainment venues! :party

To the others that have asked where Tum Nan Issan (or Tum Nan Khon Issan) is located... Its in PattaySaiSong 4 in North Pattaya... (this is the road at the back at the Morlam field)

Its half way between Hollywood and Idol - these 2 venues are separated by a stretch of around 150-200 Meters... Tam Nan Issan is half way between them both, next to the family mart

anonone
July 4th, 2013, 11:03
Thanks colmx.

I will float the idea of going to Tum Nan Issan and see what kind of reaction I get....

colmx
July 5th, 2013, 01:03
I will float the idea of going to Tum Nan Issan and see what kind of reaction I get....
I would guess that you have probably been there before... But just dont remember! :party :party

Smiles
July 5th, 2013, 01:17
Thanks to newalaan for jogging my memory about Tum Nan, and thanks Colmx for the map.
My kinda place :blackeye:

newalaan2
July 6th, 2013, 20:36
I think I have read other posts about it, but none of the group of my Thai friends have ever suggested going there.
It's one of these venues which caters specifically to Issan guys anonone. Many of the bar guys in Pattaya when given the opportunity to have a night out much prefer to head to the more HiSo clubs such as Idol, Dave, NAB just out of wanting to be seen there and as these places are more expensive if with a farang they don't need to worry so much about the bill sharing. Also my guess is that some don't like to be seen/considered 100% Issan stock even if they are, just a little bit of snobbery which is ingrained in many/most thais, but that's normal.

BUT if they do come from Issan, and do land up going..... (despite protests, and apparent reluctance) they always seem enjoy themselves. But true it's not going to be the first place they suggest when going out with their farang and friends, especially with a bf whose first thought may have to be balancing 'how to impress my friends' with 'where to have best actual fun'. A bit cynical I know but possibly a reason why you have had no previous suggestions to go there before NAB etc..

I have noticed the same from some of the guys I know in Pattaya, if I say I want to go there they will go, but given a free choice many would opt for NAB/Dave/Idol etc. That's why you wont see that many westerners with groups of thais in TanNan Issan, it's mostly thais together bill-sharing Blend285 rather than Red.

The remarks are not directed specifically at your bf or thai friends just 'in general' comments.

colmx
July 8th, 2013, 01:00
Tam Nan Chon was also packed to the rafters and we had great time here too, the different segments of live bands, pop/rock/ folk and DJ in between works well throughout the evening as there is dancing time, time for a sit down and eat and a great mix of customers.

Does Tum Nan Chon still have the cute boy singing songs in English?
On my last trip in April he used to sing "One more night" by maroon 5 and did an excellent rendition (no K.Toi type bum notes) really got the crowd going

anonone
July 12th, 2013, 15:16
Ok, WOW.

Tum Nan Isan is awesome. Was there for the first time last night and had a great time. It was pretty packed when we got there around 2am and showed a lot of life still going on when we left about 6 am. Group of 9 or so, with some friends stopping by for a drink as well. Purchased the whiskey at the next door 7-11, so check bin is only ice, mixers, food, etc. just short of 2000 baht for us, which included some food and enough support for 2 and a half bottles. Made a total of 5 bottles for us this night, so everyone feeling really happy.

Short on time now, but wanted to say thanks for the idea and info on this place.

And how I love the boys Isan dancing on stage. Much more sexy then any coyote boy.

:party

I love Thaialnd.

anonone
July 12th, 2013, 15:17

Does Tum Nan Chon still have the cute boy singing songs in English?
On my last trip in April he used to sing "One more night" by maroon 5 and did an excellent rendition (no K.Toi type bum notes) really got the crowd going
No English songs last night...all Isan all the time. :glasses7:

colmx
July 13th, 2013, 01:38
Ok, WOW.

Tum Nan Isan is awesome.
Glad to hear you liked it!
I love the cruisy toilets in Tum nan Issan... always lots of eye contact to be made there (although no action wuit the amount of toliet attendants they have!)

Now if only i could persuade Martin911 to give it a try!

martin911
July 13th, 2013, 02:31
Well if you had told me about the cruisy toilets, and given that NewA says lots of opp in there also maby il pay a visit some nite
:bounce:

its not the style of music I like and I cant see the new gang being too impressed with there over Nab /Mc2 (mabye better to leave them at home :laughing3: )

newalaan2
July 13th, 2013, 06:13
I love the cruisy toilets in Tum nan Issan... always lots of eye contact to be made there
And on the way there! Took ages to get to toilets and back last visit, could have got drunk purely on the drink offers I got from the various tables enroute. Ran into tons of guys I knew from the bars and clubs, even got a 'shot' from one of the show performers whose friends had a bottle right at the front as he remembered me from Throb days.

Ok, WOW.Tum Nan Isan is awesome. Was there for the first time last night and had a great time. It was pretty packed when we got there around 2am and showed a lot of life still going on when we left about 6 am. Group of 9 or so, with some friends stopping by for a drink as well. Purchased the whiskey at the next door 7-11, so check bin is only ice, mixers, food, etc. just short of 2000 baht for us, which included some food and enough support for 2 and a half bottles. Made a total of 5 bottles for us this night, so everyone feeling really happy.Short on time now, but wanted to say thanks for the idea and info on this place.And how I love the boys Isan dancing on stage. Much more sexy then any coyote boy.
2 till 6am...now you're in Martin911 and Colmx's league! The thing about Tan Nan Issan is that it tends to be busy all night even from 12am. In Bkk we arrived quite early but it was so packed there were no tables and we settled for a bar top section over-looking the scene which turned out an even better spot for me as there is so much to take in. As I say below the Pattaya Tam Nan Issan has an extra edge because to the percentage of gay lads, the Bkk one is opposite about 80% mixed/straight with only a few tables of gay guys, but there are also gay guys ar mixed in with friends.

Does Tum Nan Chon still have the cute boy singing songs in English?On my last trip in April he used to sing "One more night" by maroon 5 and did an excellent rendition (no K.Toi type bum notes) really got the crowd going No English songs last night...all Isan all the time.
Just something you need to be aware of anonone. We were discussing TWO different venues....one, the one you enjoyed yourself at is Tam Nan Khon Issan the other referred to in the above quote from Colmx is Tam Nan Chon it is more of a folk/rock/DJ venue like Tawan Daeng and has a much different ,mix of music, but is a lot of fun too.

Thanks to newalaan for jogging my memory about Tum Nan, and thanks Colmx for the map. My kinda place
Well I've been visiting Tawan Daeng/pue-chee-wit style places for all the 13 years I've been coming to Thailand, and I've probably been to about 30+ different ones in cities throughout Thailand, but I'm very late into the Tam Nan Issan scene, just over the last 2-3 years I've been going first to the Bkk one and only started at the Pattaya one over the last year but I've enjoyed every single visit without exception so far. I just love the whole mix of the place, Pattaya one has an extra edge because it's 80% gay, so apart from the Issan music, dancers, superb band and vocalists, mix of other music, food and fun you are surrounded by tons of gay guys having a great time and that's also intoxicating. Now a Pattaya trip wouldn't be complete without a visit.

anonone
July 16th, 2013, 16:25
Ok, WOW.Tum Nan Isan is awesome. Was there for the first time last night and had a great time. It was pretty packed when we got there around 2am and showed a lot of life still going on when we left about 6 am. Group of 9 or so, with some friends stopping by for a drink as well. Purchased the whiskey at the next door 7-11, so check bin is only ice, mixers, food, etc. just short of 2000 baht for us, which included some food and enough support for 2 and a half bottles. Made a total of 5 bottles for us this night, so everyone feeling really happy.Short on time now, but wanted to say thanks for the idea and info on this place.And how I love the boys Isan dancing on stage. Much more sexy then any coyote boy.
2 till 6am...now you're in Martin911 and Colmx's league! The thing about Tan Nan Issan is that it tends to be busy all night even from 12am. In Bkk we arrived quite early but it was so packed there were no tables and we settled for a bar top section over-looking the scene which turned out an even better spot for me as there is so much to take in. As I say below the Pattaya Tam Nan Issan has an extra edge because to the percentage of gay lads, the Bkk one is opposite about 80% mixed/straight with only a few tables of gay guys, but there are also gay guys ar mixed in with friends.

Does Tum Nan Chon still have the cute boy singing songs in English?On my last trip in April he used to sing "One more night" by maroon 5 and did an excellent rendition (no K.Toi type bum notes) really got the crowd going No English songs last night...all Isan all the time.
Just something you need to be aware of anonone. We were discussing TWO different venues....one, the one you enjoyed yourself at is Tam Nan Khon Issan the other referred to in the above quote from Colmx is Tam Nan Chon it is more of a folk/rock/DJ venue like Tawan Daeng and has a much different ,mix of music, but is a lot of fun too.

Ah, OK. Missed that one when skimming the posts on my iPad. Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks to newalaan for jogging my memory about Tum Nan, and thanks Colmx for the map. My kinda place
Well I've been visiting Tawan Daeng/pue-chee-wit style places for all the 13 years I've been coming to Thailand, and I've probably been to about 30+ different ones in cities throughout Thailand, but I'm very late into the Tam Nan Issan scene, just over the last 2-3 years I've been going first to the Bkk one and only started at the Pattaya one over the last year but I've enjoyed every single visit without exception so far. I just love the whole mix of the place, Pattaya one has an extra edge because it's 80% gay, so apart from the Issan music, dancers, superb band and vocalists, mix of other music, food and fun you are surrounded by tons of gay guys having a great time and that's also intoxicating. Now a Pattaya trip wouldn't be complete without a visit.

Have to agree...this will now be a regular feature of my visits. I couldn't get over the number of guys that I knew hanging out here. I laughed when you mentioned the time it takes to get back and forth to the toilet. Happens just that way...a stop at just about every table for a hello.

2 till 6am...now you're in Martin911 and Colmx's league!
Maybe in the same leauge, but only a rookie :tongue3:

I am finding the late night club schedule to be increasingly a better fit for us. We always struggle to find things to do during the day in Pattaya. About one beach visit a trip is enough. Other than that, just not a lot to keep us occupied. Much better to sleep during the day, get up in the late afternoon to eat / errands / whatever...then head out for the evening and finish up at the clubs.

Now I sound like a Thai Boy....

:laughing3:

colmx
July 17th, 2013, 00:48
We always struggle to find things to do during the day in Pattaya. About one beach visit a trip is enough. Other than that, just not a lot to keep us occupied. Much better to sleep during the day, get up in the late afternoon to eat / errands / whatever...then head out for the evening and finish up at the clubs.

Same with us, nothing to do in the day time except vsit the cinema or go shopping in Tuk.com/central
Neither BF or I are into the beach and every place else will be too sunny for him!

So in the immortal words of Sean Kingston "we like to sleep all day and party all night" :party :party
[youtube:16y52smi]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpDBNPk2BU4[/youtube:16y52smi]

1moRussian
July 20th, 2013, 15:19
NAB & Triangle: yesterday, after last show in XboysLand (8 boys had their fun, but it was worse than in December) went to Triangle & NAB.

Triangle was working, but no any person was in, besides waiters. Tried to ask a waiter тАЬwhere are people? Why it is empty? Maybe tomorrow will be better?тАЭ тАУ he said тАЬDonтАЩt knowтАЭ (it was about 01:15).

NAB тАУ was full, but not overpacked (there where some free tables and coaches). :happy7: Drinks: Heineken (S тАУ small?) тАУ 300B, cocktails тАУ 250, juice тАУ 250, Benmore (local whiskey?) тАУ 690/bottle, Red Label тАУ 1090/bottle (although, at LCD-monitors was 990B). Staff drinks (4 types, all the same price): models -250, coyotes тАУ 200, PR (others?) тАУ 200. After staff drinks was 2 lines in Thai: [something] тАУ 300 and [something VIP] тАУ 1000, -- don't understand, what is meant.

Around 1:30 there was a coyotes short parade тАУ about 8 boys, 2 were attractive, 2 тАУ semi-attractive, and others тАУ not (IMHO, of course). After that music (liked) and around 1:50 divas show for 30-40 minutes (did not like, but audience was happy). After that тАУ short parade of models (if they were models? тАУ guys were tall and handsome, each of them just walked round the stage and after it they bilded I line and left the stage).

тАЬBath showтАЭ тАУ two boys from BB-boys (those who seems to be brothers?) were under the shower тАУ nothing enthusiastic, in Xboys in December it was more exciting. And after it coyotes тАЬdancingтАЭ тАУ two set for 7-8 boys and 2-3 in each set were interesting (in one set there was 1 guy from ex-BB). Tables near the stage share their drinks generously with muscular coyotes тАУ firstly in glasses, then just from bottle (at this moment I missed тАЬwe drinking from the bottleтАЭ song :) seems to me, some coyotes were a bit drunk to the second round (or not "a bit")тАж Left the club around 4 oтАЩclockтАж :occasion9:

After it тАУ need a help from you guys: can I buy a bottle in NAB and after a night left/saved/deposited it for the next night? As I am only one, I donтАЩt need the whole bottle for one night (either I donтАЩt need so much alcohol at my condo). Or maybe I can bring my own bottle from outside and pay a тАЬbottle fineтАЭ to NAB тАУ is it possible? :dontknow:

newalaan2
July 20th, 2013, 16:00
Triangle was working, but no any person was in, besides waiters. Tried to ask a waiter тАЬwhere are people? Why it is empty? Maybe tomorrow will be better?тАЭ тАУ he said тАЬDonтАЩt knowтАЭ (it was about 01:15).
Well that's a surprise, I really thought Triangel had closed. My previous visit here I quite liked, has a reasonably sized dance/table area and also a 'comfy sofa' area down the length of the club adjacent to the dance area.

NAB тАУDrinks: Heineken (S тАУ small?) тАУ 300B, cocktails тАУ 250, juice тАУ 250, Benmore (local whiskey?) тАУ 690/bottle, Red Label тАУ 1090/bottle (although, at LCD-monitors was 990B). Staff drinks (4 types, all the same price): models -250, coyotes тАУ 200, PR (others?) тАУ 200.
Thanks for some pricing from NAB. I've never read a menu there. If with bf he orders, if with friends I just ask for Red. I'm fairly sure Benmore is a genuine Scotch Whisky but only exported to Asia. It was the main whisky at Rachada Soi 8 Pub, and was ok. As I have said many times when mixed with soda, coke, ice, lots of water etc..it's very difficult to tell sometimes what the whisky quality is.

can I buy a bottle in NAB and after a night left/saved/deposited it for the next night?
You certainly used to be able to and they gave you a small ticket with details, but it did have a self life of x months (cant remember). It's very rarely we had to do this, normally it's near the start of a Pattaya visit when we will probably be back, when the first bottle is finished and (as far as I am concerned) every one is already drunk, happy and should be on our way...but there is demand for another bottle, which true-to-form only gets partially used because everyone is already drunk enough! so it goes behind the bar. If it's near the end of a Pattaya visit I usually give anything left in a bottle to a table of guys we know in the club who are there for the longhaul.

Thanks for the update "1moRussian" lots of detail about the shows I was never aware of while actually there. If I am in good company and having a good laugh sometimes I don't always notice what is going on up on the stage!

scottish-guy
July 20th, 2013, 16:07
...maybe I can bring my own bottle from outside and pay a тАЬbottle fineтАЭ to NAB тАУ is it possible? :dontknow:

In the days when I had the stamina to visit clubs, this practice was certainly possible. I remember there being a booze boutique (liquor store) just adjacent to Hollywood and we often bought a "decent" bottle or two of whisky in there to take in with us and just paid for Ice and Mixers etc etc. Not really to save any money (you can be sure that the venue saw to it that it all worked out even or more) just really to have a different brand to the usual JW/Chivas choice.

Don't know if this practice is still possible (and where), so like the OP I'd be interested in any info from our regular night owls.

:hello2:

Nirish guy
July 20th, 2013, 17:15
I was in NAB last night with three Thai guys, one of whom
still happens to be sitting in front of me right now in my room :-) and I've just asked him is that still possible and the answer is yes but as has already been stated the club will charge you what we would i guess call a corkage fee of he thinks either 400 or 800 baht ( he cant remember but I'm guessing the 400 figure sounds more sensible), with then the usual cost for ice and mixers on top of that.

Nab by the way wad jam packed solid last night - to the point of hardly room to move at your table to dance - and mainly all by Thai guys, very few farang for some reason, except for two large I'm
Guessing Russian guys who were either off their heads or just a bit nuts as they were dancing all night like two crazy men, non stop and the Thai guys were scared to go near them and I could see daring their friends to go up and dance with them, but no one did.

newalaan2
July 20th, 2013, 17:40
Or maybe I can bring my own bottle from outside and pay a тАЬbottle fineтАЭ to NAB тАУ is it possible
I don't really see the need to do this nowadays, if you're going to spend the night in a specific club you're just as well with one of their bottles, if it's about money just go for the Benmore at Bt690 instead of Red (i'm not certain about this but Benmore 700cl and Red 1 litre at NAB?)and with mixers you probably won't know the difference anyway, the 'brand' of the whisky on your table is more to do with a bit of 'face' than taste. With a Bt400 'corkage' on the seven or friendship price of about Bt6-700 for Red it's not worth the bother unless the club is ridiculously overpriced.

Only time I ever 'took in' a bottle was when visiting a few venues for short stops, especially karaoke places where its normal to take your bottle in as it was with Hollywood etc.. years ago. With karaokes you go in sit down, have at least one round from your bottle and if the venue is not what you're after you just pay ice/mixers and onto the next one until you find what you're looking for in terms of being busy, good karaoke system and perhaps waiters more to your liking.

except for two large I'mGuessing Russian guys who were either off their heads or just a bit nuts as they were dancing all night like two crazy men, non stop and the Thai guys were scared to go near them
Yep we came across exactly the same on previous visits, what annoyed me about some of these guys is that they often don't have a table, maybe buy one beer and spend the rest of the night begging/being offered drinks from the tables of thai guys who probably working boys and have to club money together for 'sharing' to be able to come to the likes of NAB, and here are western guys free-loading............it looks pathetic.

anonone
July 20th, 2013, 18:09
And how I love the boys Isan dancing on stage. Much more sexy then any coyote boy.

:party

I love Thaialnd.

Thought I would post a short video from Tom Nan Issan, for those that haven't had the pleasure of going in person.
Sorry for the quality, but I only had an old iphone on me at the time.
One of the sexiest sights in Thailand...with the key exception of certain times with BF :evil4:

http://youtu.be/fg56TWMcx3s

***How the hell do you imbed a youtube video on here? Only thing I could get to work was a link :dontknow:

1moRussian
July 20th, 2013, 18:58
thanks for the answers, guys.
You see, of course I am Russian, but I am in my own - so, buying each night a new bottle of whisky is too much for me - I could not drink it all :happy7:
So, will ask in NAB next time, if I can safe the bottle in bar for my next visit.

Nab by the way wad jam packed solid last night - to the point of hardly room to move at your table to dance - and mainly all by Thai guys, very few farang for some reason, except for two large I'm
Guessing Russian guys who were either off their heads or just a bit nuts as they were dancing all night like two crazy men, non stop and the Thai guys were scared to go near them and I could see daring their friends to go up and dance with them, but no one did.

There were about 15 person, that could be Russians, by the way.
If you speaking about 2 farang guys in the center of the aisle - I am not sure, they were Russians. Firstly I thought so, but after a while I was not sure.
About "scared" - I ordered Margarithas (silly me) - my biggest scare was a mamasan/staff-ladyboy who repitedly bamping my table very hard and got half of my Margaritha poured at my table - and no a "pardon" word. So it is not only seems_to_be_Russians people to be affraid of :blackeye:

1moRussian
July 20th, 2013, 19:15
Yep we came across exactly the same on previous visits, what annoyed me about some of these guys is that they often don't have a table, maybe buy one beer and spend the rest of the night begging/being offered drinks from the tables of thai guys who probably working boys and have to club money together for 'sharing' to be able to come to the likes of NAB, and here are western guys free-loading............it looks pathetic.

hmm, with 1 beer @ 300B they would spend the same money as 5 guys ordering a whisky & mixers, but get less alcohol, wouldn't they?
And in Russia, it's basicly the same price - to buy drinks or to buy a whole bottle (the whole bottle would be about 5% cheeper than buying it by shorts/drinks, but not necessarily). So, they see people with bottles at their tables and assume (multyplying the price of one short for the volume of the bottle), that the people are quite "rich"... And there is no such a system with small tables in Russian discos - it always has a bar and chairs without a tables and big dancing floor, so you can buy a drink and roaming freely. Generally it's quite confusing situation for the visitors from Russia. :dontknow:

By the way, have seen yesterday a kind of "mamasan" middle-age person (not working in NAB), who walking bitween the tables and asking to share whisky with her as well. :snorting:

scottish-guy
July 20th, 2013, 19:35
....With karaokes you go in sit down, have at least one round from your bottle and if the venue is not what you're after you just pay ice/mixers and onto the next one until you find what you're looking for in terms of being busy, good karaoke system and perhaps waiters more to your liking...

Thanks for info - I genuinely did not know that, and whenever visiting a karaoke I have always just bought drinks in the normal way.

:notworthy: