PDA

View Full Version : Straight sex workers versus Gay workers Pattaya

witchhunt
July 2nd, 2013, 18:03
In a recent briefing about sex workers, it was mentioned that the straight sex workers[ female] float between 5000 in off season to 7000+ in high season. Male sex workers who include the internet, float between 4 and 6% at the most based on the season.

The comment that Pattaya had over 25,000 rooms and condos available for tourists,and was rising quickly. It is unfortunate the numbers of sex workers, will continue to rise.

Whilst people only see Pattaya as a gay sex resort, it is only a fraction of the sex trade that has to be supervised.

Wish I could produce the notes but it was off the record.

thaiguest
July 2nd, 2013, 19:23
WHAT are you on about?
What briefing?
What notes?
Male sex workers float between 4 and 6 pc....of what.? Yes the number of tourist rooms in Pattaya is rising but for the hoards of asexual Chinese follow-the-little-flag brigades only, not for the usual old style sex tourists.

Who could see Pattaya only as a gay sex resort when possibly 9 out of every 10 bars are lady bars and if gay workers make up only 4-6%.
Am I missing something here?

egel
July 3rd, 2013, 01:03

You and me both!

Pattaya is well known as the world's largest brothel and that cannot be based on gay sex alone!

It is unfortunate the numbers of sex workers, will continue to rise

Well a hell of a lot of people will disagree with that!

Halfhansum
July 3rd, 2013, 01:37
My head hurts ...... :dontknow:

Brad the Impala
July 3rd, 2013, 01:39
WHAT are you on about?
What briefing?
What notes?
Male sex workers float between 4 and 6 pc....of what.? Yes the number of tourist rooms in Pattaya is rising but for the hoards of asexual Chinese follow-the-little-flag brigades only, not for the usual old style sex tourists.

Who could see Pattaya only as a gay sex resort when possibly 9 out of every 10 bars are lady bars and if gay workers make up only 4-6%.

Entirely my first reaction. I thought the females floating between 5,000 and 7,000 was the baht rate, as they are known to be more expensive than the guys. Relieved to be gay!
Now I think I realise that he was writing about total numbers, and possibly that gay renters are 4 to 6% of that. ie around 250. Figures seem a significant under estimate.