PDA

View Full Version : Day time bars Pattaya

lonelywombat
July 2nd, 2013, 14:45
I note the combining of Bangkok and Pattaya in daytime bars.

When I first started to come to Pattaya over 20 years ago, there was gay daytime bar that did spawn a few gay friendly clubs close by for a while.

The main bar was in a Soi that ran behind the department store just near the police box corner Second and South Road, about 45 degree angle towards Beach Road. Not sure if he opened for lunch but he had a number of offable boys working for him, and he was good to chat to.
There was a go go bar opened nearby that did not succeed, but for a while an interesting little area.

The Bamboo bar area was really way out until the customers of the take away food stall opposite, complained about the nakedness and fondling of the boys. It was pushing the privacy of the bar more than a little.

To me I wonder if the number of "massage shops"that have opened, plus gayromeo, will prevent any more day time bars opening.

giggsy
July 2nd, 2013, 22:03
Hasn't this been talked about on Gaybutton ? Probably by one of your *friends* that are too scared to post on here.

SimpleSoul
July 3rd, 2013, 10:44
Some of us may only read this blog.

andrewcraig
July 3rd, 2013, 18:11
My first trip we found Oscars open mid afternoon.we had a few guys that did not want to attract attention so this fitted in well. nowadays bars have the massage boys in the street,
Not really my scene kinda not as discreet.
Bamboo bar and those short time rooms behind are fine. bondi has its moments during the day.always worth a look.

colmx
July 4th, 2013, 00:32
The main bar was in a Soi that ran behind the department store just near the police box corner Second and South Road, about 45 degree angle towards Beach Road. Not sure if he opened for lunch but he had a number of offable boys working for him, and he was good to chat to.
There was a go go bar opened nearby that did not succeed, but for a while an interesting little area.

There was a Muttleys on Soi 14 and Ods Spot on Soi 15 open in the day time back when i first visited in 2001
There was alos a gogo bar called Smiling boys (as far as I remember)

lonelywombat
July 6th, 2013, 08:19
Muttleys was the bar I was thinking about. Ods Spot I am not sure of but Smiling Boys a new name to me.

Christianpfc made this statement on a new thread today
I have lunch at Antz and then go to the gay beach. It looks bleak, I walk along the gay beach on the shore and on the walkway twice, there is not a single cute boy in sight.

There seems a case for a bar or three to open daytime, to cater for those who have only the beach to scout for company

bert160
July 6th, 2013, 22:46
Hi,

As a newbie I really don't know the Bangkok gay scene and I will only stay three nights.

It would be exciting for me to visit a (gogo?) bar where I can sip a drink with naked boy(s) playing with their cock (or with mine).

In such a case do I have to pay the boy sitting with me a drink? or give him tip? or both? I would like to respect the "rules" and be nice. :-)

Is there such a place to visit during daytime? or better in the evening?
I don't visit Pattaya but only Bangkok.

thanks for help

christianpfc
July 8th, 2013, 00:48
Bert, I don't know of any such place for daytime and for the evening your choice is rather limited (good advice has been given in another thread).

The place to go would be gay sauna darkrooms, there you can play with other people's cocks, for free (apart from the entry).

bert160
July 8th, 2013, 01:13
thanks christanfps, I read a lot of your great comments now, very useful.
So I probably will go for a late afternoon sauna and later in the evening to Nature Boys or another hot gogo-bar with a good chuck wow show and naked boys to fondle.
I read good comments on 39 underground sauna (I like very thin asian) and sauna mania. I arrive on a sunday and they have naked night I think.