PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News - Boyz Boyz Sold?

SlaveDriver
July 2nd, 2013, 09:57
Hello Pattaya Good Morning.

Just heard that Jim has finally handed over the establishment to a `New LandLord`.

Who is taking over and what it is going to be there

Let us start investigating journalism now.

Keep them coming :party

lonelywombat
July 2nd, 2013, 10:36
There were 6 posts on this thread on gaybutton before you posted here.

I would suggest you keep yourself informed by following

http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php? ... 900adb9ced (http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5822&sid=1e4b64a40c3b0e58064505900adb9ced)

Manforallseasons
July 2nd, 2013, 11:24

Is there an award for who posts first?

paulg
July 2nd, 2013, 11:37
WTF ????????????????

He said do some investigate journalism. It has already been posted elsewhere.You read it there yourself.

SlaveDriver
July 2nd, 2013, 12:25
Thanks guys.

The question is taking over this prime business unit and what is going to be there?. Will the new venture add value to the BoyzTown businesses or will it be closed down space make it look like a ghost town?

Anyone interested in a joint venture? What would be the concept?

Let us throw in the hats guys :party :party

Sooty
July 2nd, 2013, 15:09

http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php? ... 900adb9ced (http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5822&sid=1e4b64a40c3b0e58064505900adb9ced)Is this a new rule, Surfcrest and jinks? A topic can only be canvassed on one posting Forum and if the GayButton forum gets in first it can't be posted here??? Does this mean I now have to follow multiple boards in order to keep abreast of things?????? I think of SGT as a one-stop-shop but LonelyWombat is saying otherwise!

Marsilius
July 2nd, 2013, 15:54
I think that friend Lonely was merely making the point that this was hardly "breaking" news as it had been headlined.

scottish-guy
July 2nd, 2013, 19:02
I think there's a bit of confusion/exaggeration/jumping to conclusions going on here.

I don't claim to have any inside "scoop" - but what I gather from the various sources is the following:

1. JL was latterly running BBB on behalf of the owners (of The Ambience) after he gave up his involvement in the hotel.
2. He has now relinquished that role and will concentrate on his other business interests, including Baan Suoy
3. In the short term at least, BBB continues to operate as before under either the Ambience management or someone new being brought in.

Nothing has been sold, BBB isn't closing, and no change is immediately envisaged. Really there's nothing to see here.

As I say, all IMHO.

corky
July 2nd, 2013, 19:50
... Just heard that Jim has finally handed over the establishment to a `New LandLord`.

Who is taking over and what it is going to be there ...

If you read the email sent to Gaybutton (referred to by L.Wombat) it says: "I can say that as of today BBB will continue, but without Jim at the helm."

So what's the point of speculating "who is taking over and what it is going to be"?

OK ... let's humour him:
Another 7/11?
The Ambiance Banqueting Rooms?
Yet another foot massage shop?
A Pharmacy?
Burger King?
:withstupid:

newalaan2
July 2nd, 2013, 21:29
Just heard that Jim has finally handed over the establishment to a `New LandLord`.Who is taking over and what it is going to be there
This information appears correct, my understanding from a very reliable source is that the Ambiance Group will be taking over but not immediately, apparently it may still be a matter of months unless that has changed since Friday past. The Ambiance have already taken over and refurbished the terrace area outside the Ambiance which is separate from the BzBzBz terrace, and they have already set prices at Bt120 for a beer, whereas BzBzBz under Madame Jim is Bt200 inside BBB or terrace, I also understand that they will/might review the pricing structure in BzBzBz to reflect the reality of the times.

. JL was latterly running BBB on behalf of the owners (of The Ambience) after he gave up his involvement in the hotel.2. He has now relinquished that role and will concentrate on his other business interests, including Baan Suoy3. In the short term at least, BBB continues to operate as before under either the Ambience management or someone new being brought in.Nothing has been sold, BBB isn't closing, and no change is immediately envisaged. Really there's nothing to see here.
JL did not run BBB 'on behalf' of anyone, he operated it on his own, absolutely nothing to do with Ambiance owners until the recent acquisition from JL, to be completed as above by my understanding in months rather than days unless that has been changed over the last couple of days.

He will be relinquishing the role when the Ambiance Group take over, my understanding is while everyone involved with the current BBB would like to see a quick changeover it seems unlikely. Already there is a conflict of interest where JL is (obviously) 'pushing' Baan Souy to BBB customers as opposed to Ambiance accommodation. So he has been 'concentrating' every bit on Ban Souy currently whilst operating BBB. It actually has been sold, as it were, but true it is not closing immediately but there may be closure at a later date if any decision is taken to re-model/refurbish BBB when the take over is complete, and yes, no take-over is immediate. Yes I have used the term 'my understanding' a few times as things change in Thailand very quickly at times, my info was good at Friday past.

I don't know if JL still reads here but if he does he might feel it an idea to confirm/deny any of the above.

giggsy
July 2nd, 2013, 21:54
Check the cupboards!!!

[attachment=0:5h181ceu]skeleton.jpg[/attachment:5h181ceu]

scottish-guy
July 2nd, 2013, 21:57
As I said, I don't have any inside info - I'm only going by what has been publicly posted over the past year or so.

I'm sure Newalaan is 100% correct, as he seems to have the inside track on it.

Oh, and GIGGSY this is what happens when you open that cupboard: http://dukanikkemotstaameg.moo.no/

Brad the Impala
July 3rd, 2013, 06:17
It actually has been sold, as it were, but true it is not closing immediately but there may be closure at a later date if any decision is taken to re-model/refurbish BBB when the take over is complete, and yes, no take-over is immediate.

Well that's completely clear!

Brad the Impala
July 3rd, 2013, 06:41
....what I gather from the various sources is the following:

I'm only going by what has been publicly posted over the past year or so.

So "the various sources" are actually just a rehash of other people's old posts on the forum. The reference to "sources" reminds me of LMTU.

lonelywombat
July 3rd, 2013, 06:42
Slave driver has been through all this before and still continues. He is the sole reason for change in Pattayaland and here are a few of his recent posts. Could have selected more but he sounds like someone who has done a part time course on business, and wants to make an impact without any local knowledge.

I am glad finally the first step has taken place. I was the first to advocate the need to re-brand and restructure the entire BoyzTown business meeting the demands of the changing business/travelers enviornment. Welcome move :party

Now do we have set vision before we select the name? We need to have a long term vision and strategy before deciding on the name. The name should appeal to the current demographics of tourists and as well all the bars should change the concepts to match the new name.

"Entertainment Town" is something that I can think of now. The wasted space in Panorama and Boyz Boyz should be turned into discos of DJ style and cater to Unisex. At the same time we should not lose the gay identity. How best you can blend these two needs and make this a real entertainment town is left to the big players to formulate the right stratgies and implement them and market the new concept.

Time to change to stay in business should be the guiding principles.

Good first start. Lets see how you guys make the next move :party

Woow Real Change have taken place. They have really listened to the customer needs and have quickly adopted to the changing market demands and made some strategic changes / decisions and they seem to benefit from the new vision the new young management team has put in place.

What a vast difference see from my last year's visit to this year'years. The "Lounge" is change at the front of the hotel and to the rooms and the level of service is very obvoius and their marketing strategy that have change the whole concept of the way they want to take the business into the future from the the 20 years old concept of running the business. Kodoo to the "New "Y" generation Management Team Markus and Micheal. They understand the businees, they lisrten to the customers, they have a vision, they have the will to make the changes. For an example; look at their menu .... they do a strategic analysis of the way customers respond to their menu, they ask them for what they like and they keep changing the menu to suit the customer taste. The will to change will change your bottom line.

The change has to come take palce at all levels. They have changed their entire staff. Structure supports the strategy. Case in example : I was in one of the old famous Bars. They are dead. 5 years ago they were the the best. Why are they not today .... because they are the same as 5 years ago. In 5 years the whole business world have changed and they have not ...... that's hteir failure. Boys are old (in the 30-40), fat and ugly ...... still the old dragg shows catering to the dying baby boomers generation. How can you expect your business to thrive when you are not catering to the new Y generation.

Guys ... let us combine Boys Town, Pattyaland Soi 1 and 2 all in one business concept. Rebrand/Reinnovate and make the changes to meet the changing needs of the emerging markets.

Happy ending :party

post251439.html#p251439 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/post251439.html#p251439)

post235718.html#p235718 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/post235718.html#p235718)

SlaveDriver
July 3rd, 2013, 10:48
When someone speaks about local knowledge when catering to international tourist industry only speaks to the old guards wanting to keep the business in premitive status.

God bless you guys. Change is taking place .......... dont wait till you get wipped out by the flash floods.......... get out of your lazy asses ........ travel around the world and see for yourself the changing business enviornment.

Get moving or get out of the way like Jim. He is a smart businessman.

Love you all,though you may hate me now

Keep smiling ...... life short :party

lonelywombat
July 3rd, 2013, 13:02
Jim Lumsden sent this message to gaybuttonand others this morning.

I have copied it for those who are interested
------------------------------------------------------------
Im included the following in a Email sent to me today, July 3:[gaybutton]

Jim Lumsden wrote:Thought I should bring you up to speed on recent developments as there is a lot of misinformation flying around.

Firstly, Boyz Boyz Boyz has not been sold. Gordon and I sold the club 10 years ago along with The Ambiance. Then as you know, I stayed on and managed both places for 8 years.
Two years ago I left to open Baan Souy and at the same time I took a lease on the club. Although I have two years left on my lease I decided recently not to continue as I want to spend more time further developing Baan Souy, which so far has been very successful and needs my constant attention.

The Thai Manager who has worked with me for a while has gotten together with a friend who is the Show Manager at Tiffany Cabaret and with my help, obtained a new long lease from the owner of the property who also owns The Ambiance. I am sure they will do a good job as they are both bright and well known within the Thai Community.

newalaan2
July 3rd, 2013, 16:07
Well that's completely clear!Meaning?

The reason I used the term 'as it were' with reference to BB being sold was because it was true the bar had been sold, not recently as 'suggested' by the OP, but previously when the deal for the Ambiance was done, but as JL states on GBT he took a lease to run BBB for himself and not on behalf of another party. I was also only confirming that SG's suggestion that it would not close immediately just because the lease is to be taken up by another party, but that doesn't mean that if the new party decides to make any changes that it might have a temp closure sometime in the future. Who knows?

The thing which JL does not make clear in his communication to GB is when he will actually be leaving and the new lessee taking over. It had been suggested to me that it was not to be immediate, maybe that has changed. Also although it will be JLs former manager who will be taking over BBB, with The Ambiance running the terrace next to BBB with a different pricing structure, logic might indicate perhaps a more consistant pricing structure in line with The Ambiance's attempts to use more attractive pricing to attract and keep not only the hotel but surrounding bars and terraces busy throughout the year, rather than cashing in on peak seasons which are shrinking by the year.

Hopefully the new lease holders will inject a bit of life into the BBB non-show times, over the years when I have visited BBB the show times have always been well attended but the bar as an agogo was woeful. On my most recent visit after the show the bar was deserted with 6 guys left onstage dancing for the waiters only, one of which one was new/young. Before the Financial crash although it had a reputation for having more mature guys onstage it did always have a mix of gay and men in it's large staff. Toyboys seems to be the leader nowadays as far as busy bar, good selection of staff, well run and well worth a visit at any time of the evening.

scottish-guy
July 4th, 2013, 02:04
...So "the various sources" are actually just a rehash of other people's old posts on the forum. The reference to "sources" reminds me of LMTU.

Whatever.

I deliberately posted the various sources, not my various sources.

I stated clearly I had no inside info - and it's clear most of the other contributors have no inside info either.

The only one who seems to be in the loop is newalaan and I see you've criticised his contribution also.

newyorkgeorge
July 4th, 2013, 18:54
What is the Ambiance Group that newallan keeps referring to? do they have more than 1 Hotel? Anyhow, i was in BBB last night, and the only change is the sexy boys (men) show, everything else, sadly, remains the same, but it is early days yet, but i did see one of the old mamasans from Mic My & Sawatdee Boys in there, so maybe it will become the new Sunnee, lots of yaba"d guys ! Now that would go down well! :party

newalaan2
July 7th, 2013, 21:02
What is the Ambiance Group that newallan keeps referring to? do they have more than 1 Hotel?
Just copying what I picked up on various forums, don't know if 'group' refers to multiple businesses such as sauna, bar/terrace, hotel or other hotels.

The only one who seems to be in the loop is newalaan and I see you've criticised his contribution also.
Brad likes to have a dig now and again...no big deal.

The fact is i'm not actually all that interested in BzBzBz and go only because if we have friends visiting us in Pattaya who like shows and don't often have the opportunity, we take them for a look. I know a couple of long term staff there who I've known and trusted for yonks and I just happened to be there at the time decisions were being made so just passed on what I considered reliable info.

I see Neal under Miss Sally over at PBB has much better updated info, but like me was led to believe Mdme Jim was to remain for a few months but from what Sally reports that may have suddenly changed. I think the remaining staff would be pleased to get changes going as soon as possible anyway, hope it works out for the new lease holders as BBB is a bit of an institution which still is a big name in gay Thailand and could well do with being updated. Also Sally mentions Terrace prices already reduced from Bt200 to considerably less and questions the long term sustainability....but I was led to believe that many considered the Terrace a missed opportunity for 'passing trade' and making the area look and feel busy, so I would have thought a more long term, more realistic pricing level there would help BT in general. All just IMHO.