PDA

View Full Version : Double Shoot Bar

Manforallseasons
June 27th, 2013, 03:36
This the newest bar in Sunee and caters extremely well to the very late nite crowd and has loads of staff that are attentive and thankfully are not fem. I believe it might be a beginning of a change to the way things used to be. :notworthy:

Brad the Impala
June 27th, 2013, 03:38
Is the clue to what they offer that is different in the title of the thread, or is that just wishful thinking, and I'm not saying whose!

Manforallseasons
June 27th, 2013, 04:03
Is the clue to what they offer that is different in the title of the thread, or is that just wishful thinking, and I'm not saying whose!

Example: if you order a G&T you get a glass with a double shoot and a full can of tonic, they also offer a manly staff.

Brad the Impala
June 27th, 2013, 04:25
There is a double shot, which I believe is the name of the bar, and a double shoot, with which you have titled this thread, which is something entirely different, even if the ejaculate ends up in the customer's drinks.

gaymandenmark
June 27th, 2013, 04:30

Example: if you order a G&T you get a glass with a double shoot and a full can of tonic, they also offer a manly staff.

Hmm, yes you will get a can of tonic, high style and smart.
Maybe it has changed from the beginning of may, and start up problems, but I could not taste the double shot.
At that time I asked myself, what is a double shoot? 2=4, 3=6, 5=10 and so on.

Maybe you can tell us MFAS?

I wish all the luck they can get, but was is more important to me is, do they still play this awfull German slagers?
Because then I stay away, double sh(o)ots or not :party

francois
June 27th, 2013, 05:19
I wish all the luck they can get, but was is more important to me is, do they still play this awfull German slagers?

No more German slagers; they switched back to American Country-Western music.

Nirish guy
June 27th, 2013, 13:50
,......... they switched back to American Country-Western music.

Oh dear :-( And there I was looking forward to visiting their new bar - oh well you can't have everything I guess, I'll just bring the earplugs from the plane perhaps ! :-)

Manforallseasons
June 27th, 2013, 14:32
There is a double shot, which I believe is the name of the bar, and a double shoot, with which you have titled this thread, which is something entirely different, even if the ejaculate ends up in the customer's drinks.

And?

francois
June 27th, 2013, 22:42
[
Oh dear :-( And there I was looking forward to visiting their new bar - oh well you can't have everything I guess, I'll just bring the earplugs from the plane perhaps !

Don't despair Irish; sometimes there is this chap who stops by to cheer up those far from their home country. No, not Ireland or Germany.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gw2eKB0l0U

gaymandenmark
June 28th, 2013, 00:34
:sign5:
I don't even understand what he is singing, just an old drunken jerk from Odense, the city where H. C. Andersen was born, but he ran away from that city, as soon as he could.

Now this is some "good" schlagers from Germany:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX0OpVW3imk

Oh I almost forget Das or Die Grose Hansi Hinterseer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3hsSHawwD8

BTW and off topic:

Hans Christian Andersen

тАЬTo move, to breathe, to fly, to float,
To gain all while you give,
To roam the roads of lands remote,
To travel is to live.тАЭ

Hans Christian Andersen, The Fairy Tale of My Life: An Autobiography
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/464252- ... at-to-gain (http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/464252-to-move-to-breathe-to-fly-to-float-to-gain)

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1364 ... of_My_Life (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1364965.The_Fairy_Tale_of_My_Life)

Krazy4thai
June 28th, 2013, 04:44
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2013, 07:08
Curiosity about the headline piqued my curiosity to read this post., was the title of the post a typo or an experience one could expect from the bar??. Looks more like a typo now.
I checked out Double shot for first time a few days ago. It does look appealing what with the fresh decor accentuated by the voluminous blue lighting.
As it was earlyish in the evening there were not a lot of customers in view. As long as the bar makes a buck I believe there will continue to be a good number of boys on tap as they are being paid 9000B a month at this stage. Unfortunately the pool tables seem to be a bigger attraction for the boys than the customers. My smiling a lot and possibly my winning personality :hah: seemed to catch the attention of a pair of pool players who ambled over to my general position at the bar, probably just between games and made perfunctory greetings to me. I thought the effort deserved a drink, which I duly provided and the attempted interaction on their behalf made it clear it was the potential for a drink which had lured them over. Possibly due to my apparent indication of lack of interest in taking things any further than a drink, they returned to the pool table when the drinks were finished. I'll give them some points for trying ;)
I hope people will give double shot a fair shake because as has been mentioned by others before me, the bar is in a prime position for people watching and has potential to remain a worthwhile experiment . I was told by Pink (formerly of Rainbow bar ) that most of the nights the bar has looked in full swing customer wise, most of those customers were friends of the owner come to support his venture. true or not I cant really say with certainty. I'll give it another shot or even a double shot when I get back to Pattaya in 2 weeks.

joe552
June 28th, 2013, 04:58
I only observed the bar from YaYa's across the soi, and it didn't really appeal to me. But that's just personal preference. On the one night I was around after 10 it was quite busy so some people obviously like it. Just a bit too flash for my taste.

christianpfc
July 1st, 2013, 00:00
I walked past this weekend several times and find it worth to mention that the boys are dressed in orange sleeveless shirts with the bar logo.

Sooty
July 1st, 2013, 15:33
There is a double shot, which I believe is the name of the bar, and a double shoot, with which you have titled this thread, which is something entirely different, even if the ejaculate ends up in the customer's drinks.And?Cum one cum all?

egel
July 1st, 2013, 22:48
Double Shot is hosted by the Belgian guy who operated The Place to Be, and recently, the Queens Bar, which has now closed.

He is very pleasant and has a large following of customers. I have been there for the last few weeks and, as said above, there is plenty of action.

As the bar is busy now, in low season, Im sure it will do very well in high season.

How the other new bars in close proximty feel I dont know, but that's business.

Good luck to them, I'm sure it is going to be a winner.

christianpfc
July 2nd, 2013, 20:00
Double Shot is hosted by the Belgian guy who operated The Place to Be, and recently, the Queens Bar, which has now closed.

Thanks for that information. I met him last weekend and we had a short chat. He remembered me, I remembered him, but couldn't place him. He said he owns Double Shot, but that didn't agree with my memory. Now I remember, I met him as the owner of New Queens Bar last year. Glad this problem is solved (when you know that something doesn't fit, but don't know what).

francois
July 7th, 2013, 12:00
Finally decided to try Double Shot Bar. The single chairs are too far into the soi for my comfort level and I did not wish to hog a table for 4/6 persons . As others commented the snooker table is poorly placed unless you are a snooker player. Music level and choice of music was good. I had asked for cognac but no one knew what that was. However the menu did have Remy Martin, Hennessy @ 195 TB and Regency @ 95 TB. They asked if I wanted my drink served with ice or soda! Got it in a whiskey glass. Not sure if it was one or two shots; if two shots they were short shots. Likely would not return since I did not enjoy the seating arrangements.

Nirish guy
July 7th, 2013, 13:01
I have drank in Double shot on and off every night of my trip and now consider it my "base" in Sunee, where I go to start the evening, have one or two, then nip to a few other bars or some fun in Eros ( still as crazy as ever :/) and then back again, I left D'S at 4am this morning and am nursing a cracking hangover this morning so can vouch for their DOUBLE shots of Bacardi for sure !

I love the look of the place and its a breath of fresh air to Sunee if you ask me and as the staff are roughly split 50/50 between gay guys ( who go with you) and str8 guys ( who don't under any circumstances by their own choice and simply work on drinks tips) it makes a nice change interacting and having a laugh with the guys knowing that they aren't looking for an off at the end of the night and should you want one there's always the gay guys - or the host if other bar boys that were sitting in half empty bars all round double shot looking in enviously at the busy bar and fun that was going on.

As has been said both the owner and waiter ( and all the staff) are nice guys and remember you on arrival and make a point of saying hi which is good to see and as someone else said I personally feel this is going to be THE busy bar in Sunee as time goes on.

thaiguest
July 7th, 2013, 19:44

He is very pleasant and has a large following of customers. I have been there for the last few weeks and, as said above, there is plenty of action.

As the bar is busy now, in low season, Im sure it will do very well in high season.

How the other new bars in close proximty feel I dont know, but that's business.

Good luck to them, I'm sure it is going to be a winner.

I like this bar. The host and buxom cashier are pleasant , the owner is a rotund genial belgian . The boys look well. I hope the owner has stacks of money because right now it's surely losing money. Paying double-unit rent, 9000 baht salary to approx. 10 staff, retaining a manager and cashier, overhead costs etc make for an expensive coctail of expense every month. Good luck from me also.

christianpfc
July 8th, 2013, 00:42
...the staff are roughly split 50/50 between gay guys (who go with you) and str8 guys (who don't under any circumstances by their own choice and simply work on drinks tips) it makes a nice change interacting and having a laugh with the guys knowing that they aren't looking for an off at the end of the night and should you want one there's always the gay guys...

How do you know which guys are offable and which are not? I dislike this practice (see my topic about non-offable boys).

thaiguest
July 8th, 2013, 03:46
...the staff are roughly split 50/50 between gay guys (who go with you) and str8 guys (who don't under any circumstances by their own choice and simply work on drinks tips) it makes a nice change interacting and having a laugh with the guys knowing that they aren't looking for an off at the end of the night and should you want one there's always the gay guys...

How do you know which guys are offable and which are not? I dislike this practice (see my topic about non-offable boys).

Well you better take up your dislike of the practice of free choice and freedom from bonded labour afforded to thais by Chualakhorn (Rama V) with his present reincarnation whatever that is.

gaymandenmark
July 8th, 2013, 03:52

So chistian thinks and demands that every guy working in a bar should be offable, you sometimes surprise me in a negative way.
Written by an ex waiter.

latintopxxx
July 8th, 2013, 14:48
...pretending that they afe not offable only makes them more attractive and raises the price...any "boy'working in a gay/host/gogo/beer bar is available...for a price...now what i must admit is that not all will bottom...I should know...I tried...not even 5k would do it...that is taking it a bit far for some of the newer straight ones...this usually happens when their newness/attractiveness wears off...and they realsie that they gotta offer a bit more to keep the easy cash rolling in...they all fall into the same trap...

Nirish guy
July 8th, 2013, 16:08
..any "boy'working in a gay/host/gogo/beer bar is available...for a price...

Bit of a huge generalisation there don't ya think.

That's basically like saying any bar man / person anywhere in the world is offable depending on the price - which of course is nonsense - and I can assure you that after having overheard conversation in double shot bar itself where actually the very exact figure of 5000 was mentioned the str8 boy being propositioned not only wouldn't go with the customer and wasn't remotely interested but actively avoided that farang for the rest of the night as he'd already told the farang several times that he was str8 and didn't go with customers and simply wasn't interested, but the farang the more drunk he got just kept torturing the guy, hence the 5k figure coming up - but the guy stuck to his guns and didn't go in the end, so to just say oh well for x amount more he might have is a bit of a cop out as by your logic you could say that about anyone.

You know even in Pattaya sometimes "NO" can (and does and should) mean NO, why some people have such a hard time understanding and respecting that simple fact when its made by another human being towards them really makes we wonder sometimes.

Oh and Christian re your "but how can you tell who's gay, who goes off etc" - its really simple it's called opening your mouth and asking, perhaps a simple "so do you like girls or guys then, or so do you go with customer?" I find usually suffices as let's face it IS Pattaya so it's no like its going to be an unusual question for them to hear being asked.

joe552
July 8th, 2013, 16:27
Totally agree, NIrish. latintop seems to judge everyone by his own standards, doesn't seem to see staff in bars as people, just trade.

I can't believe Christian is so na├пve that he doesn't know how to tell if a guy is straight or gay. After so many trips and now living in Thailand, his apparent lack of understanding of how the thing works is beginning to sound just a bit fishy to me

firecat69
July 8th, 2013, 19:32
Well let's not forget there are plenty of "straight" boys who do everything.

christianpfc
July 8th, 2013, 22:39
So chistian (edit: Christian) thinks and demands that every guy working in a bar should be offable, you sometimes surprise me in a negative way.
Written by an ex waiter.

Waiter and DJ and other staff is a different story, I am speaking about boys who work as gogo or host boys, i.e. they are just there in the bar without any other function. And yes, I think they should be offable. Or to put it in another way: If a boy does not want to go with customers, than a gogo or host bar is the wrong place to work!

I fully understand and accept that some people will not have sex with others, no matter how much money they offer. But why are they working in an area of gay prostitution? It defies the purpose. It doesn't make any sense and only leads to misunderstandings and disappointments (see my original post about non-offable boys).

gaymandenmark
July 9th, 2013, 00:08
I fully understand and accept that some people will not have sex with others, no matter how much money they offer. But why are they working in an area of.....prostitution? It defies the purpose. It doesn't make any sense and only leads to misunderstandings and disappointments (see my original post about non-offable boys).

Look at it this way.
A lot of people around the World are working in areas of prostitution, without being a prostitute themselves. Why should it be different in Thailand and even in Pattaya?
When I was young and, believe me, also very attractive and with the cutest butt, I worked in a red-light district, but I was not on the off-list. Should that be a problem? I think: no way.

I am sure, most people working in this areas, will not be surprised to hear the question, if they are ready to be offed. But accept and respect the answer without being offended, even if the answer is a no.

Now, this guys in DS are working as waiters and not host, though it is in a prostitution area, accept it instead of being disappointed.

PS. I know that some of you might not understand this, but some of this protitutes will not go with a customer, if they are not, in one way or another, attracted to that customer. It could be handsomeness, in body, face or dress or just a nice personality and attitude. Most of them infact prefer to mix money with nice pleasure, because they are personalities and not some flesh from a machine.

Gertrud Stein wrote: "A rose is a rose is a rose", I am not sure, but she maybe also wrote: "every person is unique."

latintopxxx
July 9th, 2013, 03:27
nirish.....no its not a generalisation...what I said was anyone working in a gogo bar enviornment...not someone working in your local fucking irish bar...any fit young guy displaying his wares in tight jeans.....pretending all he wants to hustle for is drinks...or tips....is looking for something more....and the fact you overheard some drunk tourist scream he would pay 5k...means that it was never gonna happen......the supposedly not available..straight...i dont such cock...i dont swallow...or take it up the arse boy...is not gonna let the WHOLE world know he is a common whore....like hello...a bit of decorum please!!! after all u r talking to someone who enjoys hunting down the tops in the fuck shows...and riding them like u know what....

scottish-guy
July 9th, 2013, 03:34
... u r talking to someone who enjoys hunting down the tops in the fuck shows...and riding them like u know what....

...Like a goat according to a post I saw from Gaymandenmark :sign5:

gaymandenmark
July 9th, 2013, 04:07
The more I am reading the posts from Latin, the more I am sure he is living in a fairy tale.

It is sad to se a grown-up man, not developing himself and not change his behavior in such a loooong time.

latintopxxx
July 9th, 2013, 14:22
please leave personal criticisms to a minimum...I'm not looking for a shrink...my formula has worked just fine for me to date....in fact has worked real well...lotsa good sex....and thats all I'm looking for...sex...not love...or a relationship....both of which i already have...

anonone
July 9th, 2013, 14:32
Back to the DS bar topic, BF and I stopped by for a drink this week, it was OK. Some friends from New Queen now working there, so,was good to catch up with them.

But G&T was 130 baht each. Much too expensive for a Sunee beer bar, at least for us.

Nirish guy
July 9th, 2013, 15:44
But Anonone surely if you're getting a (genuine) double shot of (labelled) gin ( or there abouts) and a can of tonic that's not too bad against the 80 or 100 baht or whatever it is elsewhere ?

He he although I do laugh that we all have these conversations ( and I know you don't actually care about the money end of things Anonone) over 20 and 30 baths here and there - although I'm guessing Anonone if you and your BF both ordered G&Ts they as has happened me in other bars too just used the one can of tonic for both drinks rather than give or allow you for the two cans you had rightly paid for - and that does quietly do my head in over the course of a night for sure when somewhere along the line you're then charged for several other cans of mixer to top up your friends drinks - again not because of the money, just more the principal.

Like yourself I was there last night for a while and even though it was a pissing wet night there was a good crowd and a party atmosphere due to the loud Belgium Abba and omhpa pa music being played ( which strangely didn't sound as bad as it sounds when I'm writing it now:/) Plus ( I'm guessing as I'd set up a bottle of whiskey for the waiters) the owner sent me over a free round of drinks for myself and two friends which was nice of him as I hadn't even spoken with him.

newalaan2
July 10th, 2013, 07:35
But G&T was 130 baht each. Much too expensive for a Sunee beer bar, at least for us.
But Anonone surely if you're getting a (genuine) double shot of (labelled) gin ( or there abouts) and a can of tonic that's not too bad against the 80 or 100 baht or whatever it is elsewhere ?
It depends on the waiter you get whether you actually get a choice of drinks/drink prices in Double Shot I found. You should have been given a choice between top shelf name Bt130 and Gibleys Bt95, I don't care about 'name' spirits when mixed with coke/soda etc.. A double Gibleys Vodka with a full mixer can and nibbles at Bt95 is great value, no matter where the bar is located. But name spirits or copy? I really cant tell the difference. In fact how on earth anyone could possibly tell the difference between any Gin/Vodka manufacturer from another amazes me. I just think the drink manufacturers have done a miraculous job in persuading us that there is a difference in the first place...it's all about marketing and impression. I do believe that DS do serve 'Doubles'.......well all the ones I have had there have definitely been.....'genuine' labelled merchandise when with mixers worth about 50% more? Not sure about that one NIrish.

I can maybe tell some straight whiskies apart...blend from 5 star from single malt, and maybe exact whiskies such as MaCallans/Glenmorangie or another single malt from Sherry casks against others...and that's taken years, so Gibleys Vodka with coke at 95Bt or absolute/another at Bt130.....I've no chance of telling.....so Gibleys will do fine. It's a nice bar and any other setting (e.g. outwith sunee) Bt130 would be fine, but its a sunee principal with me....agogo fine at Bt150 ...beerbar/lounge in sunee Bt100 is about 'right'. Even premier soft drinks like Coca Cola isn't an issue for me.......I actually much prefer Big Cola for taste with Spiced Rum/SangSom than Pepsi/Coke.

scottish-guy
July 10th, 2013, 14:50
Sorry to be pedantic, but I think you'll find it's Gilbey's

newalaan2
July 10th, 2013, 16:48
Sorry to be pedantic, but I think you'll find it's Gilbey's
I know. When I re-read my post in the early hours I couldn't be bothered changing my four mentions of them. Such a crime I know typing b before l. Given everyone, including you, clearly knows what is being referred to I didn't see the point anyway.........I still don't......that's more 'nit picking' than pedantic. But if you are going be pedantic/nit-pick do it properly...........you missed "MaCallans" it should be "The Macallan". I suppose not having been to Double Shoot you've got to find some other reason to 'contribute'.

scottish-guy
July 10th, 2013, 16:52
Good to see that, as ever, you can take even the mildest correction with quiet dignity and good grace.

Isn't the bar called Double Shot btw??

http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pattaya/sunee-plaza/beer-bars-sp1/

Nirish guy
July 10th, 2013, 18:14
As I've gone home with two of their waiters over the last few nights perhaps they SHOULD change its name to double shoot as that would have been more appropriate for both boys concerned :-)

latintopxxx
July 10th, 2013, 22:59
show off!!!!!....and what did they cost you??

bucknaway
July 11th, 2013, 03:47
Hey, Latin... Before he you how much the waiters cost him, tell me how much it cost you to enjoy the night with a B-boy.

latintopxxx
July 11th, 2013, 05:37
...it wasn't the night...I slee better alone...it was for an hour only...and cost 1500....well worth it...and yes he bottomed...and yes he had the most amazingly hard muscle body...but a bit of a bony arse...

Nirish guy
July 11th, 2013, 16:06
:hello2:
show off!!!!!....and what did they cost you??

?? I'm not sure what your point is here Latin but in answer to your question whilst neither of them asked for anything, being bar boys in Sunee I take it as a given that its work not fun for them ( even we all did have fun :-) and so as always in such situations in Pattaya I put 1000 in each of their pockets as they left - and actually I'm lying here in bed right now at 4pm with one of them, he's dozing as I type so to my that's fair value for a night out in their bar with them taking care of me, then on to a karaoke bar until about 4.30am, then some food in soi day night, then back for some fun and sleep and some more fun today (maybe twice) when he both wake up and feel like it - but I guess you're going to tell me I over paid and should have told them they were shit and only getting 400 baht or something - sorry, not my style, I'll leave that particular fetish of yours all up to you.

* sorry I tried to attach a pic of said sleeping boy but I see it hasn't attached for some reason ? I don't know why, sorry)

* and Anonone if you're reading this - yes, I caved in and returned to DS and just dealt with Mr drama as his mate was just to damned cute not to :-)

latintopxxx
July 11th, 2013, 18:27
nirish...really do stop apologizing...I was only curious as to what you paid for a waiter....and a 1000 is probably not toooo much.....naturally i would have done better and enjoyed myself doubly....naturally....good that you at your age can still reel them in and keep at it all night long....

Nirish guy
July 11th, 2013, 19:34
Ha ha at my age ? Why just what age do you THINK I am lol - and re the still reeling them in etc, come on let's face it, it's Pattaya so it's like shooting fish in a barrel, no skill ( or looks or style) required, just baht and a loom - And sometimes not even the last part, but that's a whole other story for anotger dat perhaps :-)

And re the waiter / go go boy bit I have to say ( and you'll be proud of me on this one Latin) I never worry or think about what job the boy has, everyone gets paid equal in my book unless they state otherwise at the start - and if they did ( certainly in pattaya anyway) chances are I wouldn't take them as unless they are something really special I pay everyone the same - as then with my shitty OAP memory lol then I don't have to remember exactly who i need to pay what to next time !

newalaan2
July 11th, 2013, 23:12
?? I'm not sure what your point is here Latin but in answer to your question whilst neither of them asked for anything, being bar boys in Sunee I take it as a given that its work not fun for them and so as always in such situations in Pattaya I put 1000 in each of their pockets as they left - but I guess you're going to tell me I over paid and should have told them they were shit and only getting 400 baht or something - sorry, not my style, I'll leave that particular fetish of yours all up to you.
Overpaid at Bt1000?? That has to be minimum surely for a bar off? Even Latin would never get any barboy to agree to Bt400 for anything off premises. Also not sure about your specific mention of neither of them asking for anything.....why would they? they are offed from a bar they would expect a minimum of Bt1000 for Short and Bt1500 long.

In more than a dozen years I have never discussed a tip amount with any barboy before or after an off ever, only discussion with regards to sex is Long time or Short, the rest is down to chemistry and if I think we will be compatible and its down to me if I have made a good choice/call......it's a given that it's going to end up as at least Bt1000>Bt1500 depending on how long. Sure I, as well as others, could 'bargain' but who would want to? at those levels it's a bargain already. Make no mistake Latin would be told to sling his hook at anything less than Bt1000, so I'm really not sure what he means by the claim he would have 'done better' offing from a bar....'done better at what? cheating a barboy?...wow 'you're the man' Latin.....that would be something to be real proud of!

I pay everyone the same
Just as a matter of interest.......did you consider your time with the DS waiter.......all night in his bar...karaoke....food from day/night......sex back at your room......sleep...and more fun next day as long time or short? Irrespective.........you pay Bt1000 on that basis with everyone?

As I've gone home with two of their waiters over the last few nights
Off'd from the bar during official hours with off fee or meet up later? I did take off one of the guys I know there last trip (Feb) before it was refurbished and changed to DS to join us at one of the late night places, he's a nice guy and had been having a crap run of bad luck with health and other issues, but I cant remember if I paid an off fee in the bill or not, he had said no off fee as it was quite late, but I said it would be ok to charge one to keep things right, but cant remember outcome...... so anyway what I was leading to was......how much for off at DS?

Isn't the bar called Double Shot btw??
Not on this thread it's not...well not according to the OP, and as it's his thread I think his unintentional name play should be respected......Double Shoot it is.

Good to see that, as ever, you can take even the mildest correction with quiet dignity and good grace.
If you were revealing some vital aspect of the post which possibly changed it's whole meaning and was therefore relevant and actually had a real purpose.......as well as being something I wasn't previously aware of.............you might have got away with your 'mildest correction' however i'll stick by my original feeling which was that it was nit-picking for the sake of it.....goodness knows WHAT drama, outburst and tantrum we might have had if the tables were turned......

Might test that theory when you get round to posting something original and of interest to the members as opposed to latching on to the back of threads of which the main topic you've no experience of to contribute anything meaningful. Picking up typos and spelling errors seems to be about all your considerable talent allows us to benefit from on this occasion. I see typos and spelling errors littering just about every thread, how honoured I feel that you specifically chose one of my efforts.

Nirish guy
July 12th, 2013, 11:47
Sorry new Allen you are of course correct that 1000 / 1500 is the / my going rate, I wasn't quite awake it seems when typing my last post, what I MEANT to say was I pay every boy the same no matter who they are, with the only difference being as to whether that's short or long time. And yes don't worry whilst the amount paid thee is their "fee" the guys are more than looked after over the course of a day / night when with me and get several "tips" for the stupidest things whether that be getting me a beer ( at 100 baht a tip and several times or to take a pool shot for me as I couldn't be arsed getting up off my seat or "whatever", I'm not tight with money or tips and I've never had a boy not come back for a second go if asked so I guess they all must be happy enough at some level.

Although interestingly I just had an interesting situation as last nights boy was leaving my room ( long time) where we'd both gone to double shot last night and he'd for talking to the other waiter, who of course told him that I'd off'd him before when I was politely trying to down play that fact as we were at drinking together ( silly me ) and on paying the guy his 1500 ( yes 1500 :-) he looked sad / pissed off and said "but you're waiter friend said you paid him 3000" - which I explained I definitely didn't and NEVER have done so we both sat and discussed why we would have said that and the best we could come up with was the waiter was jealous that I'd taken his guy ( and the other waiter instead of him one night as there was a bit of drama over that) and was trying to cause a row between me and the new guy, or he was trying to show the new guy who was my best boy as the new boy would have thought he'd been valued at less !? I'm not sure, god knows what twisted logic there was going on, although to be honest I could care less and wont be losing any sleep over it and the new boy got his 1500 and went home at that so everyone's happy - for another day.

latintopxxx
July 12th, 2013, 14:53
nirish...I'm really surprised you dont agree on payment upfront...wonder how you would have handled it if the last boy has thrown a major tantrum insisting on 3K??

Nirish guy
July 12th, 2013, 21:29
I was going to say Latin that he would have gotten a firm but polite "go fuck yourself" - but to be honest depending on the circumstance he may just have gotten paid, once and once only and never again as life ( in Thailand) is just to short to quibble over such issues - but to be honest my first reply would probably be the more likely one depending in my mood at the time - and whether he had allowed himself to be ridden like a pony of course, which in sure you'll appreciate lol

joe552
July 12th, 2013, 22:14
I admire your attitude to money, NIrish Guy - some of though have to rely on our natural good looks and charming personalities :occasion9:

scottish-guy
July 12th, 2013, 23:02
Ah.............that explains why you arrived back home rather depressed?

:bis:

joe552
July 13th, 2013, 02:23
alas, s-g, not even MY good looks were enough to get it for free, so I happily paid up. I'm just not as free with my cash as some I could mention, but I always enjoy my time in Pattaya (for the most part).

martin911
July 13th, 2013, 03:11
In the 10 odd years coming to thailand I dont recall any time ive hada guy throw a tantrum over what he got
had a situation in manila once like what Lp is reffering to but the othrer guys gave gim what they thought was fair and when he still wasnt happy they threw him out the door!!!!
I never discuss money beforehand and tend to stay away from any guy that trys to bring it up,
but if you treat the guys ok, not like a piece of meat etc I dont think anybody will have a prob with tantrums primarilly as the guy will be looking to repeat business
so I dont think its nessassary to als talk money first!!

francois
July 13th, 2013, 10:56
I thought to post something relevant regarding Double Shot but why bother?
Another perfectly good thread turned into a train wreck by the usual suspects.

francois
July 13th, 2013, 10:59
I thought to post something relevant regarding Double Shot but why bother?
Another perfectly good thread turned into a train wreck by the usual suspects.

joe552
July 13th, 2013, 14:20
sincere apologies, francois :notworthy:

newalaan2
July 13th, 2013, 14:47
that 1000 / 1500 is the / my going rate
I expected/thought that would be the case, it was just out of interest rather than any muck-raking, but did DS insist on an off-fee or do they prefer an after-hours hook up rather than lose a waiter during the evening? It was suggested elsewhere that DS is not t0o keen or not that bothered with the actual off aspect.

sincere apologies, francois
thought to post something relevant regarding Double Shot but why bother?Another perfectly good thread turned into a train wreck by the usual suspects.
Well no apology from me to Francois this time, this thread has been on and off the rails from about page one, there is even one poster who posted about some Danish folk song in a YouTube video with nothing to do with DS which encouraged more of the same, but I wouldn't call 'him' a 'usual suspect'. The thread has moved to discussing general waiters, fees and attitudes from NIrish's experiences with DS waiters.....nothing wrong with that...a natural progression.

Just these damned annoying YouTube video interruptions......a tad dramatic to describe it as a train wreck though.....even more so with that description coming from one of the off-topic contributors. Francois?

Krazy4thai
July 13th, 2013, 16:57
This the newest bar in Sunee and caters extremely well to the very late nite crowd and has loads of staff that are attentive and thankfully are not fem. I believe it might be a beginning of a change to the way things used to be. :notworthy:
hmm interesting take on Double shot MFASs, in my observation over the last couple of nights, the bar appears to be catering for a large late night crowd, however closer inspection reveals that the raucous behaviour of the owner's gaggle of friends make it appear much more in full swing than it really is. Until about 10pm when the owner waddled in there were about 6 boys lounging around, suddenly boys appeared from nowhere in their white Double Shot Bar polos. As for the music, as mentioned by some other posters in this thread, it is still a mix of the German oompah music and a collage of concert clips of some obviously very popular and showmanlike euro trio. The music finally became too loud for even the boys to talk to each other , as I have often noticed at other venues music volume doesn't affect the boys. Even my "Best Boi" couldn't make himself heard by his thai friend from across the small coffee table separating us. As for the thai bois and myself understanding each other above the thumping beat of the music, not gonna happen. We left about midnight, by which time the bar looked deceptively popular with farang, as it was with the crowd of Belgians there. As for walk ins from the soi, in 2 hours I counted 4 that came in stayed for one drink and left with without adding to or seeming to enjoy the noise and party like atmosphere; possibly also because the boys who were sitting in little groups at the edge tables or playing pool showed no inclination to pay them any attention and were for the most part devoting all their time and attentions to the boisterous Belgians.
IMHO the owner has shown some smarts making a low season opening while his friends are holidaying and available to support him and help with the look of popularity the bar seems to have. I was there because I allowed Pink ex Rainbow Bar ( a long time friend of both myself and my "best boy") to lure me in. Stupidly after three pool games and 3 losses later I was on the hook for 390B for 3 "boy drinks" ,( I'm a lousy player but enjoy the game) That's ok as I don't begrudge the boy's their 50B tip/drink, what did ultimately rankle me was to see in my check bin that my friend and an Eros boy who joined us , had their drinks charged at the bar boy rate, with no 50B given to them. I did initially contest what was an error on the bar's behalf, my non DS friends should be drinking at the same prices as myself. It became obvious I was not going to make any headway challenging my check bin, and not wishing to create an unpleasant confrontation I Paid up and left after my one and ONLY visit to Double Shot bar.In my opinion the bar will probably do well in the next high season but unless the owner's buddies all return next low season, by which time the newness and dazzle will possibly have lost their shine and appeal, I'm not so sure of it's future potential. I also cant see the large number of boys being maintained at the rate of 9000B/month each and the bar paying double premise rent. Although from what I've heard the bar is a hobby bar for the owner who is a very wealthy man and can maintain the bar even if it runs on a no profit basis. Only time will tell and I'll look forward to next years SGT postings on the bar if I am unable to return and see for myself. ATM I would say check it out, if only to satisfy curiosity, my impression wont be shared by all I'm sure. My tab to satisfy my own curiosity 730B, 1 coke (for me), 3 legit boy drinks and 2 dubious boy drinks.

francois
July 13th, 2013, 17:12
You are right, newallan. This thread went off the tracks some time ago and I must have been sleeping and missed 90 % of the stations on the way ever since that jerk posted the Youtube of the Drunk Dane.

Hoisted with my own petard :kermit:

I had gone to DS for some German oompah music or at least that drunk Danish dude droning away. Or even a glimpse of N.Irish guy or gaymandenmark.But no luck. The place was very dead same as rest of Sunee.
But, to their credit, a big glass of red wine for 130 TB.

gaymandenmark
July 14th, 2013, 03:45
I had gone to DS for some German oompah music or at least that drunk Danish dude droning away. Or even a glimpse of N.Irish guy or gaymandenmark.But no luck. The place was very dead same as rest of Sunee.
But, to their credit, a big glass of red wine for 130 TB.

Even as much as I maybe like to meet you, even in a glimse , I am not in Thailand now, but I hope you enjoyed your "grand verre de vin rouge"
:glasses7:

christianpfc
July 14th, 2013, 13:23
suddenly boys appeared from nowhere in their white Double Shot Bar polos

When I was there (walking past), the boys wore orange tank tops. So it seems they have different outfits.

If the music level was acceptable and non-offable boys clearly marked, I might have a drink at that bar.

Krazy4thai
July 14th, 2013, 14:36

When I was there (walking past), the boys wore orange tank tops. So it seems they have different outfits.

If the music level was acceptable and non-offable boys clearly marked, I might have a drink at that bar.

Last night I did ask about the orange tank-tops as one waiter was wearing a red polo whilst the others wore orange. I was told that white is the colour of most days and weekends are orange. A quick walk past tonight and Monday.will confirm or refute that.

I feel compelled to rescind some of my more scathing remarks about DS I posted yesterday. I was still burning a bit from the boy drink situation, and felt I would be deliberately less than generous in my estimation of the bar. Despicable me !!!!!

Last night I enjoyed a game of pool with a host earlier in the evening while passing through Sunee on the nightly search. Later in the evening I returned with my boy du jour. The Belgians were absent and music was just a regular bar style mix at a reasonable level.It would appear that the apparent lack of non-Belgian farang the night before could have had something to do with the over the top loud oompah and the raucous Belgians, the same as it was for me. The drink irritation from the previous evening was partly made up for by the cashier not check-binning the 1st actual boy drink I bought. ( the female cashier was absent last night.)
I will now give DS a fair shake as it is a pleasant place for an early drink at least. IMO.
The number of official DS boys is past 10 and if you can believe the boys is 15+. As someone else indicated, I doubt that the bar is fated to be sustainable long term. I hope the rather pleasant owner can make a fair go of it for a couple of seasons at least.
As for which boys are and aren't offable, a quick discrete question will establish that. Although I have sometimes been bemused by non-offable boys working in host bars, baht is baht even if only from drink tips. It may disappoint some farang, however although it sometimes seems so, not all of the "meat" in Sunee is for sale. The occasional "No" is more than compensated for by the available "yes" boys.

Nirish guy
July 14th, 2013, 22:13
[quote="newalaan2"]. did DS insist on an off-fee or do they prefer an after-hours hook up rather than lose a waiter during the evening? It was suggested elsewhere that DS is not t0o keen or not that bothered with the actual off aspect.[quote]

You know I have honestly no idea to the answer re that as I've never checked my bill to see was there ever an off fee charged, they just tell me a figure and I pay it ( if can just hear Latin cringing now lol) but generally in life if ive had a good time and a place doesn't kick the ass out of it I'll keep going back, but the second i feel im being taken for a mug thats me finished with them for good.

I'm guessing however the reason an off fee never came up is on thinking about it I don't think there was a night I left there when the bar hadn't officially closed so I guess the guy were "free" to go under their own steam ( contrary to how some bar owners used to think !) but I also get the general impression that the owner really couldn't care less and that's why he's the manage there ( who also isn't what I'd call over bearing).

I have been there some nights and boys have disappeared so there must be offing going on as they all couldn't be going home sick ( as I was told several times lol) - saying that one of the reasons I like the place is that the whole off thing, either with the boys, the management or the customers isn't such a big thing as other bars, which makes for a more relaxed night all round I feel and the general outcome seems to be that those who wish to go home with a customer do ( at closing time) and at no charge and the boss seems happy enough ( couldn't care less) about that as he's usually in full flow singing and buying drinks for half the bar at that point it seems - I would guess DEFINITELY more of a hobby purchase than a profit seeking one - saying that if he builds a good busy bar ( as its turning out) perhaps he'll end up smarter than all the profits of doom put together, we'll see - I do know whatever happens he's having a genuinely damned good time in there with his mates every night whatever the cost - and that more than profit perhaps should be what life's all about ! :-)

colmx
July 15th, 2013, 05:45
We left about midnight, by which time the bar looked deceptively popular with farang, as it was with the crowd of Belgians there.
There is a gang of friendly Belgian guys that hand out in Dave Man club quite a lot.... There is usually a big gang of them in their 40/50s and always seem to be having a good time... I don't often see boys with them... they seem to go out in a gang and leave their cruising until they get to Dave

One of the Belgian guys even brings his mother with him some times! She is 70+ but always seems to be having a good time too... and loves to tip teh Ladyy Boys in the show!

Anyone know if this the same gang that is now hanging out in Double Shot?

Krazy4thai
July 15th, 2013, 15:04
I walked past this weekend several times and find it worth to mention that the boys are dressed in orange sleeveless shirts with the bar logo.

I asked again last night about the shirts. I was told Saturday/weekend is orange night whilst the other nights are up for grabs red or white. Whether they colour co-ordinate with each other I wouls assume so.
In spite of my original negative post Ds is fast beocomung a regular haunt for me. I have a lot of fun playing and watching the pool table antics. As I get to know some of the boys better they will seemingly happily sit for a drink if I have yet to meet my boy of the evening. There is no pressure to "off", however one of the boys is fast approaching a request for a night of pleasure, fairly compensated for of course. I get the feeling many of the boys in DS would have a ST preference. :( Hopefully with the boy in question a LT will be achievable once he has come to appreciate my charm and general desirability as a customer. :sign5:

thaiguest
July 16th, 2013, 21:45

Last night I did ask about the orange tank-tops as one waiter was wearing a red polo whilst the others wore orange. I was told that white is the colour of most days and weekends are orange. A quick walk past tonight and Monday.will confirm or refute that.

I feel compelled to rescind some of my more scathing remarks about DS I posted yesterday. I was still burning a bit from the boy drink situation, and felt I would be deliberately less than generous in my estimation of the bar. Despicable me !!!!!

Last night I enjoyed a game of pool with a host earlier in the evening while passing through Sunee on the nightly search. Later in the evening I returned with my boy du jour. The Belgians were absent and music was just a regular bar style mix at a reasonable level.It would appear that the apparent lack of non-Belgian farang the night before could have had something to do with the over the top loud oompah and the raucous Belgians, the same as it was for me. The drink irritation from the previous evening was partly made up for by the cashier not check-binning the 1st actual boy drink I bought. ( the female cashier was absent last night.)
I will now give DS a fair shake as it is a pleasant place for an early drink at least. IMO.
The number of official DS boys is past 10 and if you can believe the boys is 15+. As someone else indicated, I doubt that the bar is fated to be sustainable long term. I hope the rather pleasant owner can make a fair go of it for a couple of seasons at least.
As for which boys are and aren't offable, a quick discrete question will establish that. Although I have sometimes been bemused by non-offable boys working in host bars, baht is baht even if only from drink tips. It may disappoint some farang, however although it sometimes seems so, not all of the "meat" in Sunee is for sale. The occasional "No" is more than compensated for by the available "yes" boys.

You've given "fair and balanced" picture of this trendy bar that's "not a pharmacy". I note that on your return visit you were undercharged not overcharged like on the first visit. That's nice- usually mistakes go only one way in LOS. And the cashier on the first night was absent on the second night? Interesting.

Krazy4thai
July 24th, 2013, 16:52
As I said in a previous posting on this thread, I wanted to give DS a fair go. I did and am now one of their more regular patrons. As the boys have gotten used to me I am finding myself included in their antics more and more. I love the attention. the owner is in fact the portly gentleman who generally sits at the counter in the centre of the bar. Someone referred to the former "new Queens Bar" guy as the owner, whilst he may well have an interest in the bar, he styles himself as the manager and is a most congenial man.
A recent dubious occurrence with one of the boys confirmed for me that they are serious about keeping the customer happy at DS. I had decided I would like to" off" a rather sweet and to me cute "boy". He spoke no English at all. In spite of the work an off with him would present due to the language barrier I wanted to go ahead with the encounter. In order to find out which of my "off" requirements he would fulfill many gesticulations were required and Pong who speaks reasonable English and is quite happy to consider himself a self styled "mamasan", assured me that his shyness could be explained by his newness to the "bar boy" situation, which I had no reason to dispute. The boy's body language did cause me some concerns at first ,as opposed to other boys I have offed he seemed less than enthusiastic about the whole deal, but flashed me a very winning smile when his attention was directed my way. Within minutes about 6 boys came over and rather raucously expounded his willingness to perform all my requirements for the off. After paying the 400B fee we sauntered off to my room, where it became quickly apparent he was not about to perform any of the acts I expected. No kissing, no smoking me, bit witha willingness to fuck me at which attempt he failed. With dubious help of google translate I established that the tryst was concluded but couldn't seem to make me understood the concept that a LT would no longer happen, he finally got it when I passed him his underwear, jeans and Tshirt, and began to redress myself. An expectant 500 was typed out on my keyboard but a smile was still received when I passed him 200. Once outside again he directed me down Soi VC and we returned to DS. I was concerned about his "losing face" after a LT had become a ST, but no probs, although 1 or 2 of the more experienced bar boys began to seemingly berate him and educate him about what customers expect. The manager noticed the fuss and came over to establish if there was and what was the problem. I explained to him nicely with assurances I was not unduly perurbed just disappointed. he quickly returned my 400B and assured me the boy's 1st night would not become his last because of the situation.
9 new boys were hired last week bringing the official number of employees to about 30, not all of whom work every night, still there is usually a sizeable number of boys available.I understand that from about 1am on the boys are free to make their own arrangements with customers and no off fee is required.
DS seems to have attracted a few, like myself who are fast becoming nightly fixtures in the bar. I have ascertained most of the boys are offable with a preference for ST over LT, with 2 notable exceptions who are quick to make their willingness for "take care you"
under almost any desired circumstance. The younger of the 2 being gay and exceptionally good at smoking and fucking and also almost keen to take a load orally as I was unable to disengage him as the moment fast approached
This post is way too long and is posted to assure any doubting Thomas's that DS is well worth a visit for an evening or even a single drink: Note the boys can very quickly sus out a "misery guts" or tight arse and will respond accordingly.
Am I on the bar's payroll ?? Most assuredly not, but having given DS a fair assessment believe it to be a most worthwhile bar to frequent in spite of my earlier misgivings. ( Limit your generosity with "boy drinks" as the 30B tip they receive is a strong incentive to attempt to receive as many "boy drinks" as possible at 130b a hit.), I did get get caught out by this on my first few visits. Mr Generosity incarnate, that's me. :hah: and they know it, My DS practice now, ask for drink and it wont be forthcoming, they know that now too and I get far fewer requests than when I started frequenting the bar. A less expensive night of fun for me.
Cheers gents, if you're passing by say "hi", I'm easy to spot.usually near the pool table, I'd love to put faces to names :salute:

bucknaway
July 24th, 2013, 23:22
I arrive in October, if you are around, let do some bar hopping!

Krazy4thai
July 25th, 2013, 13:34
I arrive in October, if you are around, let do some bar hopping!

Unfortunately no can do, as today commences the final week of this my latest sojourn in LOS.