PDA

View Full Version : The American whistleblower

joe552
June 26th, 2013, 17:18
Am I alone in thinking that Edward Snowden looks a lot like Daniel Radcliffe (of Harry Potter fame) and that I'd do either of them. :dontknow:

Brad the Impala
June 27th, 2013, 03:50
Probably. Good to know that you're seeing the bigger picture!

joe552
June 27th, 2013, 04:22
thanks for that cryptic response, Brad :dontknow:

Brad the Impala
June 27th, 2013, 05:47
Well world and current affairs are so much simpler if you can break down the participants into, can I shag him or can't I?

Given the thread title I was hopeful of a more cerebral thread, but I was clearly over optimistic.

joe552
June 27th, 2013, 14:14
Sorry to disappoint, Brad.

OK, then - I think he has done a huge service not only to the American people but to all who oppose intrusive government. Hero or villain? Hero for me, for sure.

Khor tose
June 27th, 2013, 17:22
Hero or villain? Hero for me, for sure.

Ditto

Brad the Impala
June 27th, 2013, 21:42
Absolutely agree Joe. How the US can have charged him with Espionage is beyond me. And why would he ever go back after the way that they treated poor Bradley Manning. Even the UN has found that he was treated in a cruel and inhumane fashion, and he hasn't even been convicted!

Fingers crossed that Snowden keeps free, and gets a medal from ........somewhere, anywhere. Oh and could he also send Joe some nude pics!

joe552
June 27th, 2013, 22:35
Seems he's still stuck in Moscow airport - how long can he stay there without a valid passport? Reminiscent of that Tom Hanks movie, based I believe on a true story. I haven't heard anything, though, about his family and how this must be affecting them. Maybe the US press have covered that?

And I'll be happy to wait for the pictures until he's well settled into his new home.

Sooty
July 1st, 2013, 15:39
Am I alone in thinking that Edward Snowden looks a lot like Daniel Radcliffe (of Harry Potter fame) and that I'd do either of them. :dontknow:Yes.

scottish-guy
July 1st, 2013, 16:00
Sooty - YES they look alike, or YES Joe is alone in thinking he'd do either of them?

Brad the Impala
July 2nd, 2013, 00:17
Fear that Edward has been ill-advised by Wikileaks, if he is now needing to ask for asylum in Russia. Guessing that he left Hong Kong in the belief that he had been offered asylum in Ecuador, only to find that the assurance came more from Assange and the Ecuadorean Consul in London, and had not been approved in Quito.