PDA

View Full Version : A positive experience

joe552
June 26th, 2013, 14:35
If you thought I was a bit negative in my original trip report, here's a good news story. One night I went to eat at Little Mango restaurant in Soi VC because a boy I knew from Wild West Boys now works there. After a few minutes of chat it was obvious neither of us were interested in the other. However, a guy from the ladies wear store next to the restaurant came to chat. A nice guy, about 25, who was clearly interested in me and wanted me to meet him when his store closed at about 1.00am. I was flattered but he wasn't my type (I know, how can I afford to be picky?). And 1.00am is way past my bedtime. So I declined his offer.

On another night I was back for dinner and again he came to chat, with the same result. But it was a nice ego boost, and perhaps proof there's some life in the old dog yet. :old:

Brad the Impala
June 26th, 2013, 17:02
I was hoping for something a little more upbeat from the thread title. Joe, I can understand why you are re-considering future trips if this was the most positive thing that happened. I wonder what it is that you are looking for on your trips(ok I think that I've kind of got an idea), and what is going wrong with getting what you want, and how you can change that, as you read like a nice guy who should be getting more fun.

Maybe other guys are having similar problems, but not writing about it, so it could be good to share.

joe552
June 26th, 2013, 17:08
Brad, for me, a guy offering what I assume to be free sex is a very positive thing. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my holiday overall, despite a couple of what seem now minor hiccups. My original post was made when I was tired - a lesson learned - wait a couple of days before posting a trip report.

Brad the Impala
June 26th, 2013, 17:41
Understand, the post trip blues can be quite overpowering.

timmberty
June 27th, 2013, 01:40
Brad, for me, a guy offering what I assume to be free sex is a very positive thing. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my holiday overall, despite a couple of what seem now minor hiccups. My original post was made when I was tired - a lesson learned - wait a couple of days before posting a trip report.

joe this guy who offered you free sex is a really nice guy, i know who you mean ... like you hes also not 100% my type ...
but i often look at things from a different angle .. i.e. if he came upto me in a bar in london and started talking to me, would i turn him down ?? the answer is no, cause i cant afford to be so picky in london, therefore i have learnt to be not so picky in thailand... its amazing how much more enjoyment you can have with the non stunners.
what happened to the guy you arranged to meet who wasnt a bar boy ? well he was but worked in a non gay bar ... his sisters i believe you said ?

joe552
June 27th, 2013, 02:18
I get what you're saying, and on reflection I should at least have gone for a drink or a meal with him. Could have been fun. I should probably be a bit more open minded.

I met the guy you're referring to on my first night and he really wasn't my type - far too fem for my liking. Always hard to tell on GR. So I just had a couple of drinks at his sister's little beer bar in a small complex on Soi 3 - not somewhere I'd enjoy spending time

timmberty
June 27th, 2013, 02:32
you aint wrong joe i met a gay romeo guy who wasnt really my type .. but such a nice guy to be with .. i took him for a meal on my last night in pattaya ... i cant remember the last time i've laughed so much, he had no idea how funny he was, but he sure made my night .. and ive kept in touch with him and look forward to spending a lot more time with him when i go back.
sorry it didnt work out with the other guy. you never know unless you try tho.

joe552
June 27th, 2013, 02:37
I ended up meeting another GR contact and he was great, very cute and just my type - went for lunch at the Beer Garden and just stayed chatting all afternoon. We had a little hiccup but that's been sorted now, so he would be the first guy I seek out when I go back. You just never know who you will hit it off with and who you won't once you actually meet. Part of the attraction of the place, I suppose