PDA

View Full Version : More Guidelines

Admin
March 28th, 2009, 12:16
no posting of real people without their consent.
next time post some pictures of imaginary people, :salute:

October 26th, 2011, 10:14
I recently added social media fields in the user profiles, meaning that members who wish to share their facebook and twitter pages with the forum can, if they wish, do so by entering their info in the provided fields on the UCP>Profile page. I'm delighted that a few newer members have at least attempted to do so, but I think I need to explain something about the way the format for those links work:

For Twitter just put in your twitter name without the web address of Twitter. The board software knows where Twitter is ;)
I just put "elephantspike" (without the quotes) (and because it is my twitter name not because it is my name here) in the space for twitter in Control Panel> User Control Panel> Profile. (Do not use the "@" part either)

For facebook, the same thing. Just your facebook nickname in your profile, not the whole url. If you don't have a facebook nickname, on facebook, you go to account settings (the down arrow next to "home" on the upper right) then on the next page click "username" (second one down, under "name") Fill in the space provided after the facebook url and submit. Now you have a facebook nickname. That is what you put in your profile user control panel here to make a link to your facebook appear in your profile on the board. In my case, my facebook name is also "elephantspike", so that is all I put in that space for facebook in the UCP>Profile page

Hope that helps. :)

Admin
March 10th, 2013, 08:57
I have set the new time in order to edit or delete a post to TWO hours from eight in order that you my reconsider your post or correct any misspellings. It is my understanding that once you receive a reply, this feature also disables.

If after 2 hours you wish to delete or edit your post please PM the management.

Admin
May 9th, 2013, 22:40
TROLLING

'Trolling' can generally be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the message board by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Forum trolls are users that repeatedly and deliberately breach the etiquette of an established online community, posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to bait or excite users into responding or to test the forum rules and policies, and with that the patience of the forum staff.

Their provocative behavior may potentially start flame wars or other disturbances. Responding to a troll's provocations is commonly known as 'feeding the troll' and is generally discouraged, as it can encourage their disruptive behavior.

Admin
May 9th, 2013, 22:41
FLAMING & FLAME WARS

'Flaming' is generally defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members.
This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger, or to go off-topic and attack the person rather than their opinion.

When the discussion becomes heated and sides do nothing more than complain and not accept each other's differences in point of view, the discussion degenerates into what is called a flame war.

Admin
May 9th, 2013, 22:41
SPAMMING

Forum spamming is a breach of etiquette where users repeat the same word or phrase over and over, but differs from multiple posting in that spamming is usually a willful act which sometimes has malicious intent.

It can also be traditional spam, unpaid advertisements that are in breach of the forum's rules. Spammers utilize a number of illicit techniques to post their spam, including the use of botnets.

Admin
May 9th, 2013, 22:42
ABUSE OF тАШPERSONAL MESSAGEтАЩ (PM)

The Board encourages Members to report trolling or spamming messages received by PM.

The Personal Message feature is ~ as it should be ~ completely private: the common belief notwithstanding, the Administrator and Moderator cannot view Personal Messages sent between Members.

Thus the onus is on the Member to let us know when it becomes obvious they have become a target of abuse-by-PM.

Admin
May 9th, 2013, 22:43
Ad spaces 190 x 190 or 468 x 60 pixels for banner ads are available.

Businesses please PM for rates, include your e-mail address for the reply.

Click on the "your ad here" space.

Bar / Hotel / Businesses Your Event Posting "sticky" at the top of the forum, but below annoucements.

$5.00 for a week or $90.00 for 12 events as they occur.

Existing advertisers get one free per month.
New advertisers apply for rates.

Admin
May 9th, 2013, 22:43
Sawatdee-gay-thailand is an anonymous board.

It is not the job of the administrator or moderators to obtain the identity, age, or whereabouts of a poster member.

It is not the administrator or moderators job to verify posts or their accuracy.

The administrator and moderators only job will be to maintain a certain amount of calm on this board and to try and identify anyone who breaks the rules by attempting to obtain more than one username.