PDA

View Full Version : Heartbeat Club, Bangkok

newalaan2
June 25th, 2013, 02:46
Just an update/note on Heartbeat Club, just off suriwong Rd. I was sauntering up Suriwong Rd towards Soi Twilight when I ran into the former manager(?) of Scorpion Bar- Soi Twil, the bar was recently sold and his services were not required by the new owners, (I forget his name but he is the subject of the book Bangkok Boy)....anyway he is now touting for Heartbeat Club....i'm not all that interested in Agogo bars nowadays.....but he asked if I would take a look, 'special price' bt150 for beer with his say-so. So decided to pop in....

Spacious bar, the large stage is surrounded by club-style tall tables with stools and round the perimeter is booth-style seating, like the Saphan Kwai bars of old. Nice/friendly waiter explained that after 1-1.30am the bar reverts to a dance/disco club until about 5am. He advised that any of the boys would be 'too happy' to enjoy a whiskey bottle at club time after the gogo stint. He also advised that boys would also be more than happy to 'get to know you' more intimately in the booth seating areas which had subdued lighting.

It has a large stage and had about 20 boys, oddly all packed onstage together in rows, with what seemed like random rather than set rotation so it was difficult to see all the dancers clearly but it looked like about 70-30 in favour of gay boy/femme against manly types, much like the slimmer gay/bottom boys Classic Boys was famous for. Had I been looking to off a boy there would have been a choice for my personal tastes. The boys were very keen to interact/joke/chat from the stage. The DJ had decks set up behind the dancers and obviously is the DJ for the club set-up later, and for a change (for agogo bars) played some decent tunes during the time I was there.

Prices...I was cynically expecting the bill to be more than the quoted Bt150, but to my surprise that was exactly the amount for my Heineken....off fee for dancer Bt500. A bottle of whiskey at the after hours dance-club set-up is a reasonable Bt1200 for 100Pipers with mixers at Bt30, but my tout assured me, again with his say-so, mixers would be included free if I came back later at club-time.

There isn't much choice of late night venues around silom apart from DJ/GOD and sometimes it's nice for a change to go somewhere else especially if you already have company...and can't be bothered travelling to Rachada or other areas for clubbing/dance venues...I used to like the small club-style after hours venues in suriwong soi 6 (I think there still is one where Solid bar used to be) so it might be worth a future visit just to see what it's dance club set-up is like.

June 25th, 2013, 15:32
What does " just off Suriwong Rd" mean? How can I find this bar?

scottish-guy
June 25th, 2013, 16:04
It's in Soi Wall Street - just off Surawong Road almost directly opposite Soi Twilight. I haven't visited, but I can visualise the location.

Or, as Dreded Ned says " this soi is on the Patpong side of Suriwong Road, with the Sarika Restaurant on one corner and a sign for the Wall Street Inn over the entrance"

thaiguest
June 25th, 2013, 23:33
Just an update/note on Heartbeat Club, just off suriwong Rd. I was sauntering up Suriwong Rd towards Soi Twilight when I ran into the former manager(?) of Scorpion Bar- Soi Twil, the bar was recently sold and his services were not required by the new owners, (I forget his name but he is the subject of the book Bangkok Boy)....anyway he is now touting for Heartbeat Club....i'm not all that interested in Agogo bars nowadays.....but he asked if I would take a look, 'special price' bt150 for beer with his say-so. So decided to pop in....

Spacious bar, the large stage is surrounded by club-style tall tables with stools and round the perimeter is booth-style seating, like the Saphan Kwai bars of old. Nice/friendly waiter explained that after 1-1.30am the bar reverts to a dance/disco club until about 5am. He advised that any of the boys would be 'too happy' to enjoy a whiskey bottle at club time after the gogo stint. He also advised that boys would also be more than happy to 'get to know you' more intimately in the booth seating areas which had subdued lighting.

It has a large stage and had about 20 boys, oddly all packed onstage together in rows, with what seemed like random rather than set rotation so it was difficult to see all the dancers clearly but it looked like about 70-30 in favour of gay boy/femme against manly types, much like the slimmer gay/bottom boys Classic Boys was famous for. Had I been looking to off a boy there would have been a choice for my personal tastes. The boys were very keen to interact/joke/chat from the stage. The DJ had decks set up behind the dancers and obviously is the DJ for the club set-up later, and for a change (for agogo bars) played some decent tunes during the time I was there.

Prices...I was cynically expecting the bill to be more than the quoted Bt150, but to my surprise that was exactly the amount for my Heineken....off fee for dancer Bt500. A bottle of whiskey at the after hours dance-club set-up is a reasonable Bt1200 for 100Pipers with mixers at Bt30, but my tout assured me, again with his say-so, mixers would be included free if I came back later at club-time.

There isn't much choice of late night venues around silom apart from DJ/GOD and sometimes it's nice for a change to go somewhere else especially if you already have company...and can't be bothered travelling to Rachada or other areas for clubbing/dance venues...I used to like the small club-style after hours venues in suriwong soi 6 (I think there still is one where Solid bar used to be) so it might be worth a future visit just to see what it's dance club set-up is like.

Thank for the update. I went in there shortly after it opened and was chaotic but looks like it's well run now; time for a revisit. I met the boy-subject of the book Bangkok Boy last year. He was showing me and others reviews of the book on a laptop and complaining how he was use and taken for a ride by the male/female couple authors. The book claims to be a true-life story of sexual abuse but according to him largely fiction. He claims to have been paid only a small once-off fee and was tricked into signing off on all future revenues. I read the authors' promotion blurb and sure enough it's repleate with heart- wrenching, sanctimonious crap typical of the new age of rightous scammers.

June 26th, 2013, 14:15
It's in Soi Wall Street - just off Surawong Road almost directly opposite Soi Twilight. I haven't visited, but I can visualise the location.

Or, as Dreded Ned says " this soi is on the Patpong side of Suriwong Road, with the Sarika Restaurant on one corner and a sign for the Wall Street Inn over the entrance"Oh god that one a friend and I looked in from outside one night and ran away in horror.

firecat69
June 26th, 2013, 16:21

Or, as Dreded Ned says " this soi is on the Patpong side of Suriwong Road, with the Sarika Restaurant on one corner and a sign for the Wall Street Inn over the entrance"Oh god that one a friend and I looked in from outside one night and ran away in horror.

What possible reason you could have had for that unless of course you do the same thing on all Soi Twilight Bars. Better bar with better boys then some of the Soi Twilight Bars!

Manforallseasons
June 26th, 2013, 16:42
It has a large stage and had about 20 boys, oddly all packed onstage together in rows, with what seemed like random rather than set rotation so it was difficult to see all the dancers clearly but it looked like about 70-30 in favour of gay boy/femme against manly types, much like the slimmer gay/bottom boys Classic Boys was famous for.

Thanks for the heads up! Just might be the answer to firecats' question. Horses for courses!

vnman
June 29th, 2013, 18:44
I'll have a look tonight. Will report.

newalaan2
July 2nd, 2013, 21:55
Just a follow Up.

Was back to visit Heartbeat couple days ago just to see how it compared to the first visit. It was Sunday and my tout said the previous night's clubbing/disco had been very busy and many of the boys from the agogo had gone to the clubbing, so less turned up for work today. I asked what the 'official' price for a drink was and he confirmed Bt250 which would be billed unless a prior agreed set price. Again my drink was Bt150, no probs at bill time. Much less boys on stage this visit although there were still 12+ half tops, half bottoms I would estimate. When the nice, cute attentive waiter shouted out my whispered preference, the manly men took a seat at the back. Two Japanese customers were on the booth seating entertaining a couple of the gay/bottom lads and left without offing just before me. But other than that it was quiet. Same DJ as last time and again good tunes for a change. Waiter and boys onstage very chatty/joking as last visit.

My tout said he knew a few farang customers and that he had good feedback from those who had taken boys from Heartbeat, he is probably going to say that anyway, but over the years I have found him to be straight with info and no bullshit. It's party thanks to him I can stroll the length of Soi Twilight without being hassled by the agogo barkers.

So it's like most agogo bars...hit or miss depending on the night but the attitude remains good in comparison to Soi Twilight agogos.

Oh god that one a friend and I looked in from outside one night and ran away in horror.
Yes I can see why you may have ran away in horror, the black glass doors of Heartbeat actually only reflect the image of the person looking in, so that would add up. But you need to think of the horror the boys inside witnessed looking out as you looked in.

Thanks for the heads up! Just might be the answer to firecats' question. Horses for courses!
Who you trying to kid MFAS? what good is a 'heads up' to a dull mind who does not even know the name of bars he actually visits.....Double ShOOt or bars he stands outside 2 meters from his nose whose name he cannot remember in Pattaya, let alone find his way to in Bkk...the 'heads up' is only of use to those capable of recognising/finding the bar in question...so a bit redundant in your case MFAS.

For somebody who 'claims' interest in manly thai straight men you seem to have an extensive collection of femme boy/katoey photos to post here at your disposal. Maybe you just have them to plan your fashion style to attract your 'men'. However the 'heels' are only attractive to straight thai males when on the feet of thai females, not 'impersonators' such as yourself.

vnman
July 3rd, 2013, 18:01
Just a follow Up.

It was Sunday and my tout said the previous night's clubbing/disco had been very busy and many of the boys from the agogo had gone to the clubbing, so less turned up for work today.

Well I can assure that the tout was lying. the place wasn't busy during sat disco night and Ive been there 2 times. at around 2 and 3.30am. I also went there around 11pm for the gogo part. I wasn't smart enough to get my drink discounted but 250bt during gogo hour was acceptable. It wasn't during disco hours. Music was mainly Thai.

No boys during disco at all. only a few customers an some waiters but nothing shocking...in a positive way that is.

Boys were indeed a mix of boyish and fem with the latter in the majority. during gogo hours (11pm for me) there were still about 13 - 15 boys. No idea how many went of though. I can advice people that are into boyish or fem to have a look. Personally I've seen it and won't go back.

After I left the first time the tout guided me to screwboy. I hadn't been there before but when i got in they had a ladyboy show going so i didn't care to stay.

DJ station and GOD where busy but disappointing. Nothing interesting for me. Well, that will make the next score just so much sweeter.

Manforallseasons
July 3rd, 2013, 19:44
"For somebody who 'claims' interest in manly thai straight men you seem to have an extensive collection of femme boy/katoey photos to post here at your disposal. Maybe you just have them to plan your fashion style to attract your 'men'. However the 'heels' are only attractive to straight thai males when on the feet of thai females," (quote)newalaan

The photos were for you to remember your trip, perhaps a thank you would be in order! As for the heels that's news to me but then your the expert not me.

thaiguest
July 4th, 2013, 00:45
Just a follow Up.

Was back to visit Heartbeat couple days ago just to see how it compared to the first visit. It was Sunday and my tout said the previous night's clubbing/disco had been very busy and many of the boys from the agogo had gone to the clubbing, so less turned up for work today. I asked what the 'official' price for a drink was and he confirmed Bt250 which would be billed unless a prior agreed set price. Again my drink was Bt150, no probs at bill time. Much less boys on stage this visit although there were still 12+ half tops, half bottoms I would estimate. When the nice, cute attentive waiter shouted out my whispered preference, the manly men took a seat at the back. Two Japanese customers were on the booth seating entertaining a couple of the gay/bottom lads and left without offing just before me. But other than that it was quiet. Same DJ as last time and again good tunes for a change. Waiter and boys onstage very chatty/joking as last visit.

My tout said he knew a few farang customers and that he had good feedback from those who had taken boys from Heartbeat, he is probably going to say that anyway, but over the years I have found him to be straight with info and no bullshit. It's party thanks to him I can stroll the length of Soi Twilight without being hassled by the agogo barkers.

So it's like most agogo bars...hit or miss depending on the night but the attitude remains good in comparison to Soi Twilight agogos.

Oh god that one a friend and I looked in from outside one night and ran away in horror.
Yes I can see why you may have ran away in horror, the black glass doors of Heartbeat actually only reflect the image of the person looking in, so that would add up. But you need to think of the horror the boys inside witnessed looking out as you looked in.

Who you trying to kid MFAS? what good is a 'heads up' to a dull mind who does not even know the name of bars he actually visits.....Double ShOOt or bars he stands outside 2 meters from his nose whose name he cannot remember in Pattaya, let alone find his way to in Bkk...the 'heads up' is only of use to those capable of recognising/finding the bar in question...so a bit redundant in your case MFAS.

For somebody who 'claims' interest in manly thai straight men you seem to have an extensive collection of femme boy/katoey photos to post here at your disposal. Maybe you just have them to plan your fashion style to attract your 'men'. However the 'heels' are only attractive to straight thai males when on the feet of thai females, not 'impersonators' such as yourself.
"My tout said...nguh nguh blah blah.." what the f--ck reason does a senior member of swgf need a tout to navigate through a handful of gay bars in Bangkok?

July 4th, 2013, 09:23
"My tout said...nguh nguh blah blah.." what the f--ck reason does a senior member of swgf need a tout to navigate through a handful of gay bars in Bangkok?Alzheimers.

Sooty
July 5th, 2013, 14:31
"My tout said...nguh nguh blah blah.." what the f--ck reason does a senior member of swgf need a tout to navigate through a handful of gay bars in Bangkok?Alzheimers.It looks like he's forgotten how to respond BrisbaneGuy.

newalaan2
July 7th, 2013, 21:12
Well I can assure that the tout was lying. the place wasn't busy during sat disco night and Ive been there 2 times. at around 2 and 3.30am. I also went there around 11pm for the gogo part. I wasn't smart enough to get my drink discounted but 250bt during gogo hour was acceptable. It wasn't during disco hours. Music was mainly Thai. No boys during disco at all. only a few customers an some waiters but nothing shocking...in a positive way that is. Boys were indeed a mix of boyish and fem with the latter in the majority. during gogo hours (11pm for me) there were still about 13 - 15 boys. No idea how many went of though. I can advice people that are into boyish or fem to have a look. Personally I've seen it and won't go back. After I left the first time the tout guided me to screwboy. I hadn't been there before but when i got in they had a ladyboy show going so i didn't care to stay. DJ station and GOD where busy but disappointing. Nothing interesting for me. Well, that will make the next score just so much sweeter.
Lets just say he was putting a positive spin on the place he earns his income from now. You say you went there twice during the disco segment, did you stay any length of time either visit? There's nothing particularly smart about a tout offering somebody who is not all that interested an incentive to visit a bar. With no show Bt250 is a bit steep, Bt150 is fair, nothing to do with the amount of money just the principal.

When you say no boys during disco, did you expect the agogo boys to continue working as agogo boys for free after their 'shift' or are you referring to the fact there were no boys as customers. The only thing about 'seeing it' and not going back because of that one night, is that the next or another night can have completely different boys available one of which just might be 'the one for you' that's why I went back a second time just to see the consistency. Second time wasn't as good as my first visit. Still I had enough fun with the interaction to want to go back when I visit again in a couple of months.

DJ and GOD were disappointing in what way? Not enough of the cute type of boys you prefer making approaches to you or the music was a poor selection?

One thing I noticed about DJ station last time was when you give a tip to a waiter or the barman and go back to the same guy for a repeat drink, if you are drinking spirits and mixers they can be very strong indeed, and the alcohol level in your system can sneak up on you! My bf went from moderately happy to a bit boozy in a couple of hours.

photos were for you to remember your trip, perhaps a thank you would be in order! As for the heels that's news to me but then your the expert not me.
It is YOUR photo not mine MFAS, I don't possess such photos, you appear to the THE expert in that particular field and your boy in your photo who you clearly model yourself on is wearing heels, but it comes as no surprise that "it's news to you", no doubt it's news to you that Double Shoot is Double Shot and the bar you could not remember was Crazy Pub. Is Friendship doing another Gin 'special'?

"My tout said...nguh nguh blah blah.." what the f--ck reason does a senior member of swgf need a tout to navigate through a handful of gay bars in Bangkok?
If you read the post properly you dope you might actually pick up on the fact that the reference to 'my tout' was regarding ONE specific Bar. Where is the bit in my post about being 'navigated' through any bars?? You make yourself appear dense. The tout in question is a former bar manager known to me, I USED him to enable me to enjoy a reduced price of Bt150 for a drink instead of the 'official' Bt250 at ONE specific bar...namely Heartbeat, the reference to 'my tout' was a lighthearted reference to someone I have known for years but because I can never remember his name referred to him as 'my tout'. Obviously a grumpy old codger such as yourself 'thaiguest' might not have the required sense of humour to pick up on 'lightheartedness'.

But why the fuck (I don't see any need to miss out vowels when posting on an adult forum, even where two vowels have apparently been missed out instead of only the one which is needed to complete the word fuck) a senior member of sgt is unable to read, understand and absorb basic English would be a more relevant question. But thanks for your useful and positive contribution. Anything to add to the thread about the actual topic, or is that too much to ask? Oh...and "nguh nguh blah blah" to you too!

Alzheimers.
Hilarious! Still as sharp and quick witted as ever! Spot on with the spelling not anything like your 'normal' dense 'act' like "are them machines what got painted" etc.... an almost LMTU-like deliberate deception to have us believe you can't string a grammatically correct sentence together when of course we all know you are perfectly capable.

vnman
July 8th, 2013, 04:05
Newalaan2:

I agree about the money, but for me it was more the disco prices should have been lower. When I said no boys. I meant at all. I didnтАЩt expect gogoboys.

DJ and GOD just had a bad selection of boy. I donтАЩt know, it might have been me.

Next week IтАЩm going for two days Bangkok and with a friend. IтАЩm not expecting to see many gogo bars but most other venues will get a visit. SO will the famous park discussed in other recent threads. That said, IтАЩm starting to learn more about christens taste and itтАЩs far from mine. SO I hope IтАЩll be as enthusiastic about the park as he is.

About Pattaya, I noticed that there are far more farang twinks than ever before in the clubs.

neddy3
August 1st, 2013, 12:33
Having read the reports about this bar, I thought that I'd give it a shot.

So I went on Tuesday July 30, about 10.30 pm.

Closed and dark. Nobody about.

Anybody know what is going on here?

lo-so
August 1st, 2013, 17:47
Last Saturday was its last night. A rather subdued affair. Sam (the non-annoying Mamasan) said that it was only for 3 months but it was said with some doubt. The owners of HB are big players owning I believe 12 girl/beerbars around Patpong. Remarkably for that area the large building that holds HB is freehold and is presumably worth a significant sum - it was the owners (brother & sister's) childhood home I was led to understand, so whether they have other longer term plans for it is possible I suppose. Many of the lads have gone to work at Screwboys - which coincidentally when Screwboys closed for a while earlier this year their lads came to work at HB. If I hear any more I will post it - am seeing a chap from HB later tonight.

pong
August 6th, 2013, 17:50
other forum also reported it as closed-unknown for how long. Not enough customers. if this is a rainy season=low season thing or not, its TH-wait and see.
Its main praised draw for many were its enthusiastic dancers- though most the fem-boys type. All emigrated to Pattaya for lack of better?