PDA

View Full Version : Might I suggest the flagged memo be placed higher

lonelywombat
June 18th, 2013, 02:35
When I opened the forum I had to go past the list of rules etc.

Surely these can be placed above the line, and have only live current issues shown

Smiles
June 18th, 2013, 15:47
When I opened the forum I had to go past the list of rules etc.
Surely these can be placed above the line, and have only live current issues shown
I agree very much.
It might be a good idea to combine all these board-behavior definitions into one post and let them live at the top of the page along with the Posting Guidelines. Even better ~ as L-Wombat alludes to ~ would be to store them into an 'Announcements' area, segregated from the live posts ... but still front and centre at the top of the page.

This would make the Posting Guidelines Forum cleaner and more simple ... and not make it necessary to scroll past all that stuff to read the Members' posts.

Brad the Impala
June 25th, 2013, 21:54
Agreed, when the page opens at a full page of rules and guidelines, all in their own individual locked threads, it's a bit of a downer for discussions.

jinks
June 26th, 2013, 01:37
OK - moved as many as I can - stop nit picking.

Smiles
June 26th, 2013, 01:43
TO THE ADMIN AND TECH DUDE: Thanks VERY much for reading, and acting on, some of the suggestions put forward lately on this board. Very refreshing as well as being appreciated.
This particular forum is much easier to navigate now.
Thanks to a lonely wombat who first suggested moving the dozen or so stickied posts which (annoyingly) lived at the top of the page.

And no thanks to jinks for being such a cow about it. So typical ... such a chore, eh jinks?

jinks
June 26th, 2013, 01:47
Mooooo I'm that Tech Guy today - ADMIN too

Brad the Impala
June 26th, 2013, 02:09
Sheez, we're asked for our input, when we give it we're called nitpickers!

And it is an improvement, so I expect it's too much to expect it to be done graciously.

It's appreciated none the less(that's called being gracious).

jinks
June 26th, 2013, 13:29
Sheez, we're asked for our input, when we give it we're called nitpickers!

Not you Brad, or everyone else, Smiles and Lonely are both known to me and they know that this was said with a smile !

I must try and not use such generalised terms in future.

Surfcrest
June 27th, 2013, 07:24
I probably moved a lot more stuff into this Forum that maybe doesn't need to be here.

I essentially filed anything about posting or discussions about message boards etc. here, including outdated, redundant material pre-dating phpBB.
Let me know if you want this thinned down to just current Posting Guidelines and Discussions issues and I'll file the rest in the Open Discussion Forum.
jinks is indeed our everything! :love4: (thanks pal)

IтАЩm a bit tied up and dante is attending to other priorities at the moment.

Enjoy!

Surfcrest