PDA

View Full Version : Auto Log-Out?

scottish-guy
June 14th, 2013, 20:24
I have noticed recently (but it may have been happening for longer) that after a few minutes inactivity, I am being "auto logged-out" of the Board.

Is this a deliberate modification? It never happened before. OK, it's not big deal to log-in again but I didn't used to have to do it.

Or is it just me?

:dontknow:

Surfcrest
June 16th, 2013, 23:14
Scotty,

I've noticed it too.....I've been doing some work in the back, maybe I inadvertently changed a setting.
I'll see if I can't get this fixed while I'm still working away back here.

Surfcrest

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Surfcrest/repair_man.jpg

newalaan2
June 25th, 2013, 01:39
I've noticed it too
Frustratingly I am finding that I am being Auto Logged-out mid-post composing when I go to 'save'. It saves short periods of time or a short length of post, but anything longer than a few lines or a few minutes Auto logs me out when updating, which means I lose whatever I have written before it 'saves'. That never used to happen before. Sure I can update/save frequently...but that's a hassle and something I never needed to do in the past. Is this a 'known' problem and have others found this too?

Surfcrest
June 28th, 2013, 14:10
Sorry guys.....I thought this issue had been resolved.

I have gone through all of your individual settings newalaan2 and they are identical to all the other members I compared yours to.
The Time Out function is set at 120 minutes of non-activity and this is for all members.
I have banned only 3 IP addresses (these are the only three remaining in the system) and they all belong to Neal.
There're no other active limitations to any other member (other than Neal) other than the members I have had to de-activate.(See Hydra)

Where you are posting from and whether you are posting from a proxy would be a likely source to these types of symptoms in Thailand.
While my SIM card access (except at the Pathumwan) or condo Wi-Fi access was consistent, my proxy was intermittent.
From my iPad I'd have to cut / copy and paste from a Word Document to ensure the post wasn't lost to an Expired Session.
Whether you are using a proxy in Thailand or at home, you may experience these symptoms from time to time.
You may try moving to a different proxy to see if this is your issue.
If you believe it is membership setting related, you could try logging into your old user ID's...I believe they both have never been de-activated.
At least not since I've been at the controls.

I'm hoping the change-over won't be too far along....dante is in very high demand and so once he's back with us again we'll move ahead.
This should resolve any software issue such as this (which might still be the source). I'm sorry for the late response Scottish-guy and newalaan2.

Surfcrest