PDA

View Full Version : sauna habits thailand

bert160
June 14th, 2013, 03:57
I will visit Thailand and Cambodia in a few months and of course I would like to explore the gay sauna and massage places!
I found already a lot of information on this very useful website, but I still have some questions. I would not like to be impolite towards local people. So here we go:

1. In European gay sauna's visitors tend to undress completely and just wrap a towel around the waist. Eventually go naked entering the wet part of the sauna or swimming pool. Is that the same in Thailand or Cambodia, or do people still wear boxer, briefs, swimming gear?

2. Is contact easy established with a western man in the sauna?

3. Do Thais or Cambodians mostly prefer slim or chubby guys?

4. Should I bring my own condoms with me?

5. What's your best sauna choice in Bangkok?

6. Are there mostly money boys to contact or free-lancers?

7. I will have my visit in the rainy season!. Does that mean less activity or closed sauna's, bars, massage parlours?

Thanks, looking forward to my trip!

christianpfc
June 14th, 2013, 14:19
(Timmberty, you should choose user names that do not have "tim" or "bert" in them, it's so obvious! Wait, spelling, grammar and punctuation are standard English, I take that back.)

1. Many saunas have special days, e.g. naked day or underwear day or small towel day. In that case, there is no choice. Unless it's naked day (where they cover their genitals with one hand), everyone is dressed either in underwear/swimwear or towel.

In the locker room, many customers undress protected by a towel, nudity is rare. I get nude in the locker room, it's easier and quicker than with a towel, and I have nothing to hide. If male nudity offends you, a gay sauna is the wrong place to go.

4. Many saunas provide free condoms and lube, but better to bring your own in addition, or do you want to miss a fuck because you have no condom at hand?

7. All saunas I have been to are non-prostitutional, i.e. no moneyboys.

pong
June 14th, 2013, 17:32
well over 80% of gay sauna's that TH has are in BKK. see gayscout for-as far as I know-the best/complete listing.
The pages like nickysgay(place) has better reviews.

@1. It is quite common that some Thai prefer to still have their boxers/underwear on when walking around, but this varies. be aware for ''underwear'' nights, a rather fashionable topic lately, and bring a sexy pair as you likely do not know when it is. Also: if they have ''nude'' nights, this is mostly restricted to a very dark special zone/area where there will be entrance control then. On some Thai-lingo gay sites sauna's also advertise much more rocously with ''fu..ng'' etc. nights. Others even offer free to look at live shows.

@2.in some yes, in some not, in some 50/50-it remains a big lotteree. My own stats: out of BKK 150%, IN BKK maybe 60-70%.

@3.no one will have the definitive answer to that. Many report that chubbies have more chance on success (as hook-up, obviously) as they might have in the west with its young+slim ideal, but you cannot really expect to have young, slim, smart Thai fall for you by the dozen.

@5.define best first. Most westerners tend to flock to Babylon, to the effect that it now often has more whiteys as Asians inside. As most newbee farang also seem to loath to travel beyond the safety BTS-zone this makes at least half of all saun├б out of reach to them.

@6.No money, but there may always be a request-easily turned down for those with the slightest life-experience-

@7. no-out of the 3-4 in the tourist ghettozone, most cater to local Thai and they do not know any better as all their life that half year is rainy and half year not. Some say start of month is better, as they still have money. many sauna's have promotions, bringing the already quite low entry further down on weak days (99 or even 69 bt is not uncommon), but then you cannot expect Babylon-luxury. Fairly common are free drinks, even booze, and sometimes even food-buffets. Weekends-start on fr-are much more busy as weekdays.

Go to the for many well-known site as cr..ng-f.r-s.x for more to the point info.