PDA

View Full Version : ASEAN -here come the boys next door!

thaiguest
June 13th, 2013, 01:41
Thailand's accession to the ASEAN zone is just around the corner- in 2 years I believe. The free movement of labour will have interesting side effects here: nobody has told the Thais about this aspect of the deal as far as I can see. How will they deal with all theses smart english speaking young things arriving on their turf and taking the top jobs from the foreign companies? [You see the Cambodians et al have been at their books while our guys here have been at the Bazoo- disco in modern speak] Will any of these smart boys next door make it to sunnee or boys town to recharge their and our batteries?

June 13th, 2013, 09:21
Theyve already come mate I went to one gogo bar last time I was in Bangkok (yes only one) and was told immediately by the mamasan about "nice boy from Veetnam" on the stage.

There have always been Laos boys in the gogo bars and massage shops and there are more and more Cambodia Vietname and Philipine boys on Gayromeo and Grindr. Burma too. Same in Singapore except the boys also come from Indonessia and China.

Nothing about "to come" mate its already there.

arsenal
June 13th, 2013, 12:45
I am not sure the Thai government has fully thought this through. As an example one can look at The UK where it's still impossible to know how many moved there from eastern Europe.

thaiguest
June 13th, 2013, 17:23
Theyve already come mate I went to one gogo bar last time I was in Bangkok (yes only one) and was told immediately by the mamasan about "nice boy from Veetnam" on the stage.

There have always been Laos boys in the gogo bars and massage shops and there are more and more Cambodia Vietname and Philipine boys on Gayromeo and Grindr. Burma too. Same in Singapore except the boys also come from Indonessia and China.

Nothing about "to come" mate its already there.
I have noticed signs of a localised flood in and around Bangkok and Pattaya but I'm waiting for an ASEAN tsunami.

pong
June 14th, 2013, 17:37
its abundantly clear that the lao, Khmer, Burmese, and now even the odd VNese have already arrived.
But I wait for the Indonesians-and i really would want them to come (to Thailand for this type of entertainment) by droves. Phillippino's also very welcome-by now they seem to be limited to quite charming Pinoy girls though-studying at Ramkamhaeng.

ofage
June 14th, 2013, 18:02
Is this topic discussion trying to say that other nationalities are taking over Thailand because a few foreigners are found working in go-go bars?

latintopxxx
June 16th, 2013, 18:23
...nice...the competition will keep gogo boy prices low....maybe even drive them lower...

arsenal
June 16th, 2013, 19:32
Latinpox is probably right. I have noticed a tendency to charge more and deliver less amongst the Thai boys recently. They might have a bit of a shock. Some of the Vietnamese are stunning and whenever I had a masage in Hanoi last Feb they are particularly willing.

On a slightly different but related note. Taking a Vietnamese boy back to my hotel on my last visit. The receptionist (realising the boy was probably illegal) whipped away his passport and put it safely out of sight in a split second. excellent customer service.

goji
June 17th, 2013, 04:48
Right now if all the Cambodian, Vietnamese & Laos guys cannot work legally, gogo bars are an ideal place to work.

If Asean allows free movement of labour, they will all be eligible to work in "proper" jobs. So they will have an alternative.