PDA

View Full Version : Travel to Cambodia

June 4th, 2006, 06:00
I would like to visit Cambodia in November.
The fare quoted from London Heathrow to Phenom Penh is ┬г700+
I can get a flight from Heathrow to Bkk for ┬г322.
How much would it cost me to buy a ticket from BKK to PNH return?
Is it easy to buy at the airport on arrival?
Many thanks

June 4th, 2006, 06:47
I traveled Bangkok to Phenom Penn in February on Air Asia. They must have had a sale because round trip including taxes and surcharges was only about 1600 baht round trip. Check the website at http://www.airasia.com Have a good time in Cambodia.

June 4th, 2006, 08:15
buy your ticket in bangkok - will save a fortune................quick and easy too! Cheaper online than at office!

Surfcrest
June 4th, 2006, 23:06
http://www.bangkokair.com/discoveryairpass/

Now Fly to Even More of the Region's Top Destinations and Save!
Discovery Airpass will allow you to take advantage of our newly expanded network which is operated by Bangkok Airways, Siem Reap Airways International, and our new partner, Lao Airlines. For the first time ever, visitors can fly economically cheaply and conveniently around the region.
It is actually a system of coupons that allows you to fly between Bangkok AirwaysтАЩ many domestic destinations within Thailand, as well as Siem Reap AirwaysтАЩ domestic routes in Cambodia, and Lao AirlinesтАЩ domestic routes in Laos. Coupons for domestic flights cost USD50 per adult (Children aged 2-11 = USD25; Infants under 2 = USD5)**.
The international routes serviced by the participating airlines are also covered. Coupon for most international flight cost USD 90 (Children aged 2-11 = USD68; Infants under 2 = USD9). Certain long distance international flight cost USD150 (Children aged 2-11 = USD113; Infants under 2 = USD15)**.
To begin, purchase a minimum of three coupons (or a maximum of six), leaving the dates of all but the first flight of your journey open. Next decide how long you want to stay at each destination and book the next flight of your journey when you are ready to move on.
Certain restrictions apply: Seats are limited, some flights do not offer seats at all. All quoted prices exclude taxes, airport departure fees and other charges. A ticket is valid for a maximum of 2 months after departure of the first flight. Individual routes may not be traveled more than once in each direction and only one stopover is allowed per city. Coupons are non transferable, but rerouting is permitted at a charge of USD 20 per transaction, plus any fare difference.
Currently, it is not possible to purchase the Airpass through our web site, please contact your travel agent or our representative offices for more details.
Note- Discovery Airpass can be sold outside Thailand only.** see details on "Fare per coupon in US dollars" page

fountainhall
June 4th, 2006, 23:49
If this airpass is similar to others I have encountered (eg. Cathay's Asia pass), the number of seats available on each flight for pass holders is limited. Since November is peak travel season and flights to Siem Reap are always very full, to leave booking of the 2nd and subsequent sectors till after arrival at the 1st seems much too risky to me. If you use this sort of pass, it's safest to plan your itinerary and book all at the same time.