PDA

View Full Version : Smartphone price in Thailand

Jetsam
June 12th, 2013, 00:24
I want to buy a new smartphone in one of these next months , and I prefer the HTC one , the price without a contract is about 600 Euro over here and I wonder if it's worth to wait till August when I'm finally be back in Thailand , I have no idea what the price of a genuine HTC one is in Thailand , cheaper? more expensive? or same same :)

and yes I did google it , but google was not my friend this time.

Anyone any clue about this , or phone prices in general (Europe vs Thailand)

tnx

Sen Yai
June 12th, 2013, 00:59
Here's a price for the HTC (http://www.itcity.co.th/index.php/2012-12-17-06-00-57/category/view/73) from IT City (Paragon BKK and elsewhere) and, just for comparison, some Samsung (http://www.itcity.co.th/index.php/2012-12-17-06-00-57/category/view/71) models too.

At THB22,900 and picking an exchange rate from XE.com (http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=22900&From=THB&To=EUR) , that is about 557EUR, representing a saving of 43EUR.

You might haggle a lower price for a genuine (or maybe not) model at MBK 4th Floor, but hardly seems worth waiting 'till August for to me.

Jetsam
June 12th, 2013, 01:34
thanks, indeed that is not worth the waiit , the price difference is one long time including breakfast. ?
One night in Thailand using my hands and I am even,
hmm... 12 nights and the phone is for free haha

colmx
June 12th, 2013, 01:50
If you are willing to settle on a widows 8 smartphone - the Nokia Lumia 520 can be got for around 6000B

Dani69
June 12th, 2013, 20:21
Just back from Pattaya and saw 1 phone 5 for sale on ground level @ tuk com for 19,900 baht plus couple of hundred for compulsory screen guard and 3% on top if using a credit card so you can do the maths- upstairs was around the 22,000 baht range .

scottish-guy
June 12th, 2013, 22:53
With a compulsory screen guard? :sign5:

What is it with the Thais - compulsory dinners in some hotels and now a compulsory screen guard if buying a phone!!
Would the vendor really risk losing a 19,000B sale if you refused the 200B compulsory screen-guard? Hmmmm.

What next - a compulsory off in the gogo bars? I know some mamasans try that already!!

Dani69
June 17th, 2013, 16:19
With a compulsory screen guard? :sign5:

What is it with the Thais - compulsory dinners in some hotels and now a compulsory screen guard if buying a phone!!
Would the vendor really risk losing a 19,000B sale if you refused the 200B compulsory screen-guard? Hmmmm.

What next - a compulsory off in the gogo bars? I know some mamasans try that already!!

lol prob making more on screen guard then the i-phone lol

Nirish guy
June 18th, 2013, 02:36
Well speaking as someone who only just discovered whilst happily swimming in pool at my hotel in Las Vegas that Iphone 5's don't actually swim I really WISH that a water proof case had been made compulsory to me at the time of purchase :-( -i did know this of course but hadn't noticed that my lovely thin lightweight phone (without case) was in my swim trunks pocket for well over 20 minutes before having an 'OH FUCK" moment. Still thankfully my insurance company looked kindly on me and accepted my description of "it seems to have being subjected to a little water damage somewhere" in the most literal of senses ( as the guy dealing with my claim had did exactly the same thing himself only a few weeks ago and so my new phone thankfully arrives tomorrow !

Keeping half on thread though I would caution against buying ANY phone equipment in one mobile phone "location" if it's to be used in another full time due to warranty and other adaptor / connectivity issues which can arise, personally I would stick to buying the phone in the zone it's meant for to avoid any possible drama later on as I know Apple for one ( and I'm guessing the rest of the manufacturers too) are hell for not encouraging you to import / export your phone across their enforced sales boundaries.

That's not to say it CAN'T be done of course but is it really worth the crap if something goes wrong for such a small saving, personally I think not.

scottish-guy
June 18th, 2013, 03:12
.... only just discovered whilst happily swimming in pool at my hotel in Las Vegas .....

Do you actually ever DO any work NIrish?

:evil4:

Nirish guy
June 18th, 2013, 03:33
Only when severely pushed ! Life's short so I just try to squeeze in as much as I can when I can time, money and energy permitting.

bucknaway
June 18th, 2013, 04:11
Hey, I will take that bricked iPhone. I will use it as a decoy in my room to keep my functional iPhone safe
Hahaha

Nirish guy
June 18th, 2013, 04:21
Unfortunately my insurance guy must have had the same idea as they collect the old one on delivery of the new one apparently - which is actually annoying as after drying it out for three or four days I've got it working about 80% perfectly again actually but as some weird stuff keeps happening like it dialling random people when in the middle of calls etc ( and the camera stopped working) I'm guessing it is actually well and truly fried inside so a replacement is needed anyway it appears, I'm just more impressed that it worked AT ALL after the dunking it got, which begs the question how much harder would it be for them to properly waterproof the damned thing anyway as waterproof versions of other phones do now exist - come on Apple, get with the program !

loke
June 18th, 2013, 19:19
You pay 15000 baht for Samsung Galaxy S3 at Tukcom . If you want S4 its 18000

Jetsam
June 18th, 2013, 22:44
You pay 15000 baht for Samsung Galaxy S3 at Tukcom . If you want S4 its 18000

Hmm... interesting, the best price for the S4 over here is 563 Euro or 23000 baht .