View Full Version : free Food. Free Party Tuesday 6th June OPENING 7pm to 9pm

Smiles
June 4th, 2006, 07:05
" ... A very old friend of mine Jerry who died and came back to life in the 7/11 New York catastrophe his world renown Veggie shack was under the shadow of the world trade center and he was dragged out to die... "
Good thing you're good at hyperbole, breathlessness, exaggeration, and copy & pasting my good man, as your sense of historical events leaves something to be desired.
Perhaps the use of "7-11" is a freudian slip ... giving us a true sense of the corner stores where you hang out, watching the crowd go by.

About the menu: "uninspired" about sums it up, having seen that fare available in about 3 million middling restaurants in Vegas and Spokane. " ... Steak layered with our famous homemade marinara sauce,veggies & cheese ... " indeed.

Cheers ...

June 4th, 2006, 07:25
There really is no "health Food craze sweeping across America" at the moment, so give it a rest. Any new cuisine type is welcomed though, so good luck to the new venture.

June 4th, 2006, 08:54
Hey phony meat don't come cheap, especially if it is from Los Angeles!

catawampuscat
June 4th, 2006, 09:21
Will we be able to follow the balloons? I found the balloon chaser thread "title" amusing and usually if you follow the balloons you
can find a freebie at the end of the rainbow of balloons.. The health food concept sounds interesting and a free tasting a good idea.. It seems
a lot of the new places opening are in Jomtien and it certainly is getting better and better... At least lmtu's very old friend (how old can he
be, 85? 90? ) is doing something different and there will hopefully be no hamburgers there to compare to other fine establishments lmtu has
reviewed in the recent past..I don't think Pattaya/Jomtien has room for another great hamburger place.. :cat:

June 4th, 2006, 09:25
Anyone else tried that Thai place run by Thais with the "No Like, No Pay" sign right on Thapraya Road in Jomtien?
I found it exceptionally good tasting, original, and good value.

PeterUK
June 4th, 2006, 15:14
I ate at Govinda about a week ago. Small place, spotlessly clean. They cook your food in full view. I had the carrot and ginger soup which was very good, the ginger not overpowering, and then the mock chicken (shouldn't vegetarians be above animal derision?) and cashews on vegetable rice. That was pretty good too, though I am no great fan of soya meats and this menu does seem to rely rather heavily on them. I'll go back again in the hope of finding a main course I really like. No dessert menu but I was too full to care. Friendly, rather amateurish service. Hints of India in the decor and taped music, but not in the food. The restaurant will have to work hard to build up a loyal fan base because there won't be much passing traffic in this tucked-away location. No relation apparently to the excellent veggie restaurant of the same name in Bangkok (Sukhumvit 20 or is it 22?).

June 4th, 2006, 15:29
The one in Bangkok is on Sukhumvit Soi 22. It's an Italian-oriented place, not exclusively vegetarian. Good food.

June 6th, 2006, 07:01
Dont forget to be at the Party Tuesday 6th June, for your free Food tasting and fun time at Gorvind's Health food restaurant'

I will try this place but definitely not on the free food night. These free buffets bring out the worst types that Pattaya has. A bunch of greedy, complaining freeloaders who will never return to pay for the food on a regular night.

mock chicken (shouldn't vegetarians be above animal derision?)
Strange how most vegetarians still wear leather shoes. It seems a bit hypocritical to me :idea: