PDA

View Full Version : Sansuk Update?

bucknaway
June 9th, 2013, 03:58
Can we now get an honest and unrestricted update on Sansuk sauna? Before anything less than positive was removed from the forum, the writer was vilified and a letter representing the Sauna was the only thing allowed to stand.

I would like to know if the construction is still going on and if so, is it still effecting the operation of the Sauna?

Has anyone experienced a massage from the staff on hire there?

Has there been any changes or improvements?

Halfhansum
June 9th, 2013, 13:53
Never been there, but the accommodation prices on their website, seems a bit steep ..

bucknaway
June 9th, 2013, 17:17
I only go there for the sauna, it's a bit far removed for trim the fun for my taste in a hotel room.

scottish-guy
June 9th, 2013, 17:44
I stayed there a few years ago.

Accomodation is of a high standard with good fixtures and fittings - beds were very hard though (which I liked, but not everybody would).

Spotlessly clean - very friendly staff - and of course you have the sauna and bar/snack area right on hand.

The only downside was the distance to BT/Sunee and/or Jomtien - not a problem getting a baht-bus there from the main road, but the hotel is set a fair way back off the main road, down a quiet lane.

There was a shuttle bus to take you to and from the main road - but only when the Sauna was open, so for going out in the morning or arriving back late you had to walk to or from the main road. The morning walk can mean the benefit of your just-taken shower has been lost by the time you reach the main road.

All in all I found it a good place to stay in terms of quality - but I never went back, the inconvenience outweighed the benefits.

paperboy
June 9th, 2013, 17:48
hi
was there yesterday for the first time
staff very very friendly met the boss too
he was very friendly and nice
BUT
and a BIG BUT
construction still going on, a lot of banging right by the pool
the noise was too much for me and there seemed to be 100000s
of flys too.
Upstairs was good, plenty going on , and some nice guys too.
Dont know about the old man in the sling, he was there when i arrived
ass in the air, and 3 hours later when i left he was still there
ass in the air, nobody went near him :party

gregvc
June 9th, 2013, 23:01
we were there a few weeks ago. Lots of fun upstairs. Clean, spacious. Saw in the rooms and the guys staying there were happy. Panya runs a tight ship. Have seen some criticism of him a while back but I have always found him very friendly.

TravellerDave
June 10th, 2013, 00:20
I visit several times during my Pattaya holidays, but have never stayed there, despite being shown round the excellent accomodation by Panya.
The snag is its location which is not a problem for me getting there as I usually go after an afternoon on Dongtan Beach. A baht bus drops me off at the entrance to the Soi and then it's about 400 yards down the hill. Returning to my hotel in Boys Town or Sunee involves walking up the hill and then trying to stop a baht bus or taxi. The former don't want to stop for a single passenger being loaded with Russians bound for walking St. Sometimes I just walk.
In March contruction work was still proceeding but maybe it's finished now. The pool area was rather restricted because of this and the whirlpool seemed to have been removed, but the small pool was available.
It costs 180 baht for entrance which includes 2 large towels and a sachet of KY. Perhaps the fee discourages Thai Boys as their number is not as great as most farang customers would wish. Also there are notices prohibiting commercial sex and I have yet to be asked for money upstairs in the cruising areas.
Drink and food prices are very reasonable.

newalaan2
June 10th, 2013, 09:54
I visit several times during my Pattaya holidays
What attracts you to go 'several' times Traveller Dave"? I've never ever been to a sauna in Thailand, i'm a sauna-virgin. With the amount of available boys all over the kingdom I've just never seen the point. Especially Pattaya where boys are available everywhere all day and night...so what's the attraction of a sauna in Pattaya or Bkk for that matter with such a wide and reasonably inexpensive availability of boys.

Is it all to do with 'free sex'? I like to be able to have sex with the specific type of guy who attracts me when i'm looking for it, and that is easily available in Pattaya, I don't see the point in having sex for the sake of it with guys who dont really attract me just because it's available at no cost. By the way i'm not having a go at the 'free' sex issue, if that is the only reason for going to saunas that is a good enough one on it's own, but there must be more to it?

So what is the big attraction of Pattaya/Bkk saunas it's not as if most who visit Thailand are looking for sex with equivalent guys, e.g. well over 40 years of age and well over 60 kgs. I'm not criticising saunas or those who choose to visit, i'm just genuinely interested to find out the attraction. Maybe I've been missing out!

So if it's just for the 'free sex' aspect I wouldn't go just for that. I, as well as many others here on this forum get free sex offers even in Pattaya where money is king.

RichLB
June 10th, 2013, 17:50
I visit several times during my Pattaya holidays
What attracts you to go 'several' times Traveller Dave"? I've never ever been to a sauna in Thailand, i'm a sauna-virgin. With the amount of available boys all over the kingdom I've just never seen the point.
I'm not quite sure what TavellerDave's response would be, but I know the appeal for me is not the price of the sex, but the fact that anyone that I hook up with actually wants to have sex with ME and not for the cash in my wallet since money for sex is a rule violation. That kind of affirmation is important to me. And, wonder of wonders, I notice that there are a lot of very hot young Thai guys who truly seek out guys that most of us farang would run away from.

gregvc
June 11th, 2013, 10:57
I agree RichLB. Even last night at Men Factory I enjoyed fun with 3 different guys as the rain pelted down outside. They were there of their own likings, not because they had to fake it

christianpfc
June 11th, 2013, 11:37
It has been a long time since I hooked up in a sauna (far more than 5 visits, so if you add the entry fees and travel expenses, it would be cheaper to off a boy), and the chances are low (I don't like the low lighting, I find it very difficult to decide whether someone is my type or not) that I hook up again.

But you get an idea what is on offer in the gay free sex market, and you can see plenty of Thai in underwear or towel (if you can find a spot that is well lit). So I will continue going to gay saunas (but don't expect to get laid), and I plan to visit most gay saunas in Thailand.

My list so far:
CM House of Male,
PTY Sansuk, Ganymede
BKK Babylon, Chakran, Farose 1 and 2, Sauna Mania, 39 underground, The Beach Resort Sauna, Heaven

gregvc
June 11th, 2013, 13:47
I go to a very different sauna list-
have not done well at House of Male CM so in future will try the other one (name??)
Babylon is just too much but I try once or twice a year
Heaven is friendly with good results
Chakran only if I want to view Moroccan style interior
want to try Underground 39
GG, Cruising 2 (Sukhothai), not Edok,
Male Box good, want to see Orion again, Men Factory Silom
still many to go on my list
http://www.gthai.net/

TravellerDave
June 11th, 2013, 19:55
Visiting gay saunas is a different experience to drinking in bars and offing boys for paid sex (I do a lot of that also)
Samsuk is a very pleasant place with a peaceful environment and I have had enjoyable conversations with other farangs around the pool.
I usually do go upstairs to the darkened cruising areas, but that is not an essential part of the experience. Sometimes the flirting and touching does produce a result and it can be very exciting entering a cabin un expectantly for sex, not knowing how it will go.

newalaan2
June 12th, 2013, 10:14
I'm not quite sure what TavellerDave's response would be, but I know the appeal for me is not the price of the sex, but the fact that anyone that I hook up with actually wants to have sex with ME and not for the cash in my wallet since money for sex is a rule violation. That kind of affirmation is important to me. And, wonder of wonders, I notice that there are a lot of very hot young Thai guys who truly seek out guys that most of us farang would run away from.
That's fair comment RichLB, and you are certainly correct to say that there are boys in Pattaya who do enjoy and seek out sex with farang.

Even boys in the bars will on occasion look for a no cash hook up. And sorry, but for this I'm going to have to resort to a self-promoting Bucknaway-type recollection to add substance. Last visit I seem to remember at least 3 such offers, 2 were genuine no strings, one had a 'fun at NAB first' proviso. But the no strings were absolutely genuine, one of the lads at Yayas said simply that he was horny and needed an 'itch scratched' almost immediately, no bar off, no tip, no room to pay just an hour or so of my time. This is a boy when you look at him you don't think 'gay femme' as he is quite cute boy-ish rather than screaming queen type, but it seems there is a 'needs must' element in everybody.

The guy at AllofMe was quite open and honest saying he just wanted to 'try me out' as there had been no feedback from co-workers and bar friends as to whether I was 'any good' or not, as I have been going there since it opened and he had never seen me taking boys off for sex. Trouble is.......that also means 'performances' do get discussed. Unforunately/fortunately I'm already 'attached' so could not take up offers but as RichLB says it's nice to find some of the affirmation he refers to in amongst such a hard-edged sex-for-money scene as Pattaya, and I know many farang do get such offers so I can see the likes of sansuk having a place in the scene. Didn't give it much thought before.

Visiting gay saunas is a different experience to drinking in bars and offing boys for paid sex (I do a lot of that also) Samsuk is a very pleasant place with a peaceful environment and I have had enjoyable conversations with other farangs around the pool. I usually do go upstairs to the darkened cruising areas, but that is not an essential part of the experience. Sometimes the flirting and touching does produce a result and it can be very exciting entering a cabin un expectantly for sex, not knowing how it will go.

Yes I can see the attraction of the sauna from replies here like RichLB above, and while entering a cabin would be exciting with the 'not knowing' part...however over the years when visiting Pattaya for only short stays I much prefer the knowing how it will go aspect of potential hook ups in terms of 'time available' to find out. I'm not prone to spending time with other farang, but yes it's fine sometimes just to have a quick chat socially for an alternative take on what's happening....BUT as soon as life stories and sob stories start I'm outta there!

stevehadders
June 12th, 2013, 11:29
I haven't visited Sansuk in the last 2 visits, but in the past have enjoyed the venue largely for its non sauna appeal. I found it very pleasant to sit around the pool, chatting to others both faring and Thai (at weekends there were quite a few guys from Bangkok ) m as well as enjoying the tasty well priced food . I didn't wander into the upstairs " fun " areas every visit, but when I did, I would deem the effort well worthwhile! I was told by a friend that the sauna is still fairly quiet, and has been during the refurbishment and construction of the new block ( will be guesthouse rooms, but more economy than their current ones) , but look forward to visiting when the works are all complete.

I have always found Punya a very pleasant and reasonable guy and have had many a chat with him over the years.

latintopxxx
June 12th, 2013, 15:05
sounds just like babylon...i must pay a visit...