PDA

View Full Version : Language Express

Thaiwriter
June 6th, 2013, 21:16
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this company - Language Express at languageexpress. co. th

They are in Bangkok on the 1st Floor, Mahatun Plaza Building, Ploenjit Road, Lumpinee at the Ploenchit BTS exit 2

Has anyone taken English or Thai classes there? Or worked there as a teacher?

I am interested in applying for a job there but I was looking for any insights any of you might have about this company. I like what they do but I am curious - are they gay friendly? Do they pay well? They offer a year's visa which is good but it is a young/youth oriented business. Would they have issues with hiring an older farang? (I turn 50 this year for those of you curious.)

Your thoughts anyone? I'm doing as much research as I can from here in the United States before coming to Thailand so I greatly appreciate those of you willing to share your knowledge and impressions with me.

Ñ€â••Ð’Ñ€â••Ð½Ñ€â••ÐªÑ€â•£Ð“Ñ€â••Ð˜Ñ€â••Ð”Ñ€â••Ð³Ñ €â••â–’р╕Ъ

{this might be a commercial advert - link removed - jinks}

Thaiwriter
June 6th, 2013, 22:34
jinks - I was not intending this to be a commercial advert. I checked the forum guidelines first and didn't see anything about posting links before I posted my topic with the link enclosed. The link was only added for a reference, not for advertisement just so you understand my intention with posting a link in the forum. ;)

jinks
June 6th, 2013, 23:44
Thanks, you have pointed out an omission in our rules... Over to You Surfcrest >

pong
June 7th, 2013, 00:20
then I'll repoeat as what Ive done for similar Qs:
chance you find somone having used or knwoing it are slimmer as winning the lotteree.
Go to a forum that is dedicated to teachers in the phaasaa angkrit: ajarn.com, which even has review-fora on about nay such school in the kingdom.
Gay friendly is an empty concept here in LOS, but discrimination of any possible kind certainly is not

MiniMee
June 7th, 2013, 01:17
{this might be a commercial advert - link removed - jinks}

jinks - what's your judgment on this being a commercial advert:

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/topic-casa-pascal-one-night-only-t28941.html

jinks
June 7th, 2013, 01:39
1 a money making non-gay website in Bangkok
2 a gay friendly one night ad for a restaurant

Everything I do is wrong....

Therefore to the delight of many, I will revert to Vin Ordinere as the new platform comes on line. (unless I am talked out of it)

Surfcrest
June 7th, 2013, 14:20
Members,

Here is our issue; we spend a great deal of our time managing SPAM and hopefully with the new platform and the new login, that will slow down allowing us to take some barriers down.
Allow me to give you an example of some Spam recently posted (just now) and about to be pruned;

In summer, we all know that a pair of the Lebron MVP Shoes, cool and breathable, can bring us more happy and comfortable foot feeling. If you want the Pink Lebrons shoes, welcome to click our the Galaxy Lebrons.
It's been more of an Admin rule up until now going back to the beginning of phpBB...again only to filter SPAM, but I'd like to see links to sites of interest for our members, provided that's not the only reason you are a member here.

If you'd like to advertise on SGT...please let us know!

Surfcrest

Krazy4thai
June 8th, 2013, 17:04
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this company - Language Express at languageexpress. co. th

They are in Bangkok on the 1st Floor, Mahatun Plaza Building, Ploenjit Road, Lumpinee at the Ploenchit BTS exit 2

Has anyone taken English or Thai classes there? Or worked there as a teacher?

I am interested in applying for a job there but I was looking for any insights any of you might have about this company. I like what they do but I am curious - are they gay friendly? Do they pay well? They offer a year's visa which is good but it is a young/youth oriented business. Would they have issues with hiring an older farang? (I turn 50 this year for those of you curious.)

Your thoughts anyone? I'm doing as much research as I can from here in the United States before coming to Thailand so I greatly appreciate those of you willing to share your knowledge and impressions with me.

Ñ€â••Ð’Ñ€â••Ð½Ñ€â••ÐªÑ€â•£Ð“Ñ€â••Ð˜Ñ€â••Ð”Ñ€â••Ð³Ñ €â••â–’р╕Ъ

I just took a quick squiz at the site. First impression was they're looking to recruit with-in Thailand. There is a salary scale list there. There is also a link to send a cv to. Surely from there a dialogue could be started to get your questions answered. I don't personally think age would be a problem, as with teachers maturity could be construed as advantageous. Also I would guess the student ages ( at least) would be wide ranging. Unless your mannerisms scream gay, I would agree with pong re his gay friendly comment.
Teaching in Thailand would also possibly require a grasp of Thai language. I met an Aussie English teacher last year who had what I discovered was a good grasp of Thai language, I didn't ask if it was acquired prior to going to teach in Thailand.
All of the above is offered only as "food for thought"
Good luck with your future endeavours.

tobias-old
June 9th, 2013, 01:12
Members,

Here is our issue; we spend a great deal of our time managing SPAM and hopefully with the new platform and the new login, that will slow down allowing us to take some barriers down.
Allow me to give you an example of some Spam recently posted (just now) and about to be pruned;

It's been more of an Admin rule up until now going back to the beginning of phpBB...again only to filter SPAM, but I'd like to see links to sites of interest for our members, provided that's not the only reason you are a member here.

If you'd like to advertise on SGT...please let us know!

Surfcrest
off topic but,
Have a look a plugin call glow host spam-o-matic. If there is not a version for phpbb there should be a module that uses the stopforumspam.com service which works for phpbb.

Forum I was working on had tons of spam now maybe one or two a month. Stops most of them at the registration stage.