PDA

View Full Version : JOGGING/WALKING

painai2
June 4th, 2006, 04:51
I will be moving to South Pattaya in a few weeks. Does anyone recommend a good place to jog/walk. Where I now live I like to walk at least an hour a day. When I've been to Pattaya, about the only walking I get is going from Sunnee Plaza to Boyztown, but I would like to go where I can get a little more exercise. Thanks.

June 4th, 2006, 04:55
How about a jog/walk to Jomtien from Boyztown and back? Have a dip halfway!

June 4th, 2006, 05:27
Beach Road to Walking Street to Bali Hai to Buddha Mountain back down to Second Road to either Sunee or Boystown. A good morning route due without many vehicles and trouble makers.

Beach Road from South Pattaya to North Pattaya and back is also a morning alternative. However, the sad state of the promenade and a preponderance of desperate ladies and lady boys looking for temporary work mixed in with a few drunks has made this route less pleasurable.

paulg
June 4th, 2006, 07:20
Only a few gays ever venture along Jomtien beach either way. You can go on from the gay beach past Pattaya Park for some distance or the other way past the police box . The advantage of this is there are no hills, some eye candy on the beach and you can discover new shops and restaurants you will not normally see if you stick to Boyztown and Sunee.

A friend used to take a motorbike to places like Royal Cliff for a lookaround and walk back to second road. Often stayed for coffee and/or lunch.

Last trip he went looking for the Princess's residence, Cabbage and Condoms and looked for condos for sale down the many streets in that area.

There used to be a large street map of Pattaya/ Jomtien. Buy that and gradually explore.

catawampuscat
June 4th, 2006, 09:37
Bhudda Hill (not really a mountain) has an exercise park and views and is probably better for a experienced exerciser..

The wide walkway along Jomtien Beach starting at the Police box is a nice walk and one can alternate using the yellow brick
road running along side.. Beach road in Pattaya is okay but lots of broken tiles and broken down hookers but beautiful
views..Best early or late as it is too hot midday and only mad dogs and Enghlishmen go out in the midday sun.... :cat:

daa raa
June 5th, 2006, 07:12
Bhudda Hill (not really a mountain) has an exercise park and views and is probably better for a experienced exerciser..

Many of the boys from the bars go here to excercise. There is plenty of eye candy.

June 6th, 2006, 22:25
It's TOO DAMNED hot and humid to excersize in Thailand. You can't sit outdoors and enjoy reading a book in the park let alone risk getting heat stroke while jogging.

Join an air conditioned gym, it's the only way.

God bless the man who created air conditioning. There should be a statue of him somewhere in Thailand.

ajarntrade

PS: Mexico City is consistently between 21 and 29 degree C night and day. It's beautiful!!!

jimnbkk
June 6th, 2006, 23:40
When I stayed at Howards, I used to walk from the hotel to Jomtien Beach instead of taking the Baht bus. (I was judged by others to be mentally incompetent for doing this). It took about 45 minutes for the walk. The only real problem was that the sidewalks are in terrible condition and you gotta watch where u walk!! Or risk a broken ankle or worse. But, it's really good exercise!

June 6th, 2006, 23:50
have u considered any fitness centres?

Smiles
June 7th, 2006, 01:47
" ... It's TOO DAMNED hot and humid to excersize in Thailand. You can't sit outdoors and enjoy reading a book in the park let alone risk getting heat stroke while jogging ... "
Nonsense ... the mornings and the evenings are perfectly fine for running in Thailand.
The beach road sidewalk in Jomtien ( NOT Pattaya ... trust me :blackeye: ) going in the direction away from Pattaya is in very good shape, is very flat, and goes on forever. You can easily run a good speed 10K by going out 5 and then coming back. It's never crowded in the morning (6AM), though a bit more so at 6 or 7PM. You can often get a good cool breeze off the ocean.

In Bangkok: Lumphini Park, Chatachuk Park, and Queen Sirikit Park are all made for running . . . nice wide road around the outsides of each park as well as some winding and meandering smaller paved trails within.
In the mornings & evenings there are many Thai folks out there running and jogging around the parks . . . pick a cute Thai ass to follow, stick in close behind, and keep your eyes trained on that butt for miles! One of the great pleasures of exercising in Thailand.

Cheers ...

June 7th, 2006, 03:27
Nonsense ... the mornings and the evenings are perfectly fine for running in Thailand.

Yes, utter NONSENSE. Listen to Smiles, pussies, he's the Richard Simmons of Thailand. They even have the same hairstyle. Sixty years old and he still hasn't learned how to wear big boy pants.

June 7th, 2006, 17:15
Only to play catch-me, catch-me around the room.
Then I do leg-lifts.
Followed by push-ups.
No squats--But if Num wants to do some WTH! I'm very...supportive.

June 7th, 2006, 21:43
" ... It's TOO DAMNED hot and humid to excersize in Thailand. You can't sit outdoors and enjoy reading a book in the park let alone risk getting heat stroke while jogging ... "
The beach road sidewalk in Jomtien ( NOT Pattaya ... trust me :blackeye: ) going in the direction away from Pattaya is in very good shape, is very flat, and goes on forever. You can easily run a good speed 10K by going out 5 and then coming back. It's never crowded in the morning (6AM), though a bit more so at 6 or 7PM. You can often get a good cool breeze off the ocean.

In Bangkok: Lumphini Park, Chatachuk Park, and Queen Sirikit Park are all made for running . . . nice wide road around the outsides of each park as well as some winding and meandering smaller paved trails within.
In the mornings & evenings there are many Thai folks out there running and jogging around the parks . . . pick a cute Thai ass to follow, stick in close behind, and keep your eyes trained on that butt for miles! One of the great pleasures of exercising in Thailand.

Cheers ...

Too many in Lumpini park lol............ i just sit on a bench and watch them sweat past!

Smiles
June 8th, 2006, 02:05
" ... Too many in Lumpini park lol..."
Too many what? Thai guys?
How can there be "too many"?

"... i just sit on a bench and watch them sweat past! ... "
The ghastly apparition Ms Sybil does that as well ... and look at her: Jabba the Hut slobbering on a park bench trying desperately to . . . . whatever.

Cheers ...

June 8th, 2006, 21:50

Too many cute asses to follow...... i would wanna follow them all!

June 9th, 2006, 14:33
Too many cute asses to follow...... i would wanna follow them all!

I just stay put and they come to me.
Fanning myself helps.
If that doesan't work, I lick my eyebrows.
Or ditch the ostrich feathers--And switch to a 1,000-baht-note.
Where there's a will there's a way. :cheers: