PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas - any good bars / clubs you'd recommend ?

Nirish guy
June 6th, 2013, 13:42
As the title says I'm currently on my way to Vegas to join up with sime friends who are already out there for a totally unplanned surprise trip ( even a surprise to me as I only booked it last night on the spur of the moment !) so whilst I've checked the net and there seems to be plenty of good choices has anyone any personal recommendations of any good gay bars/clubs/ places that I should check out in between all the usual offerings available in Vegas perhaps ???

dab69
June 10th, 2013, 10:24
http://lasvegas.gaycities.com/

looks a little conservative to me.
lotsa luck

loke
June 11th, 2013, 23:02
There is a gay disco/night club right on the Strip . I forgot the name but its close to Mirage hotel , great fun but not a cheap place to spend the night.

Nirish guy
June 18th, 2013, 03:54
I'm just back so for those looking later - that club on the Strip to which you refer was is believe " The Affair", I was staying in the Mirage for a while actually so I went over on a Sunday morning at around 2am after seeing it on Grindr and it had just shut down to to no one being there ! PLus anything on the Strip was just in my view a total rip off. I did find one great club those called "Piranha" on Paradise, getting close to DJ without the MB's but really pumping and everyone up for a good time ( dancing wise) so i left there at about 5am each morning I visited, there are also two gay bars right beside it which are open 24/7 was were handy for pre drinks and post drink wind up / downs. Gypsy ( one of the other big clubs is right across the street and although closed for renovations will be opening soon again I think). Krave also opened while I was there and whilst I didn't make it I understand it's the next big place. I also visited several other smaller gay bars which I found to range from ok to just plain weird ( in a non sexual way) such as "The Garage" which was quite good but no one spoke to each other and it had 40 guys all sitting staring into their iPhones all night to Snicks Place which has to be the weirdest hick gay bar I've ever been in to in my life.

So, whilst gay vegas claims there's a mountain of gay stuff going on, I wouldn't be rushing back personally as they weren't "all that".

But all in all whilst I enjoyed Vegas I still much prefer SE Asia I think and am so happy now that I head off again next week for Thailand and the other usual spots as Vegas and all the cute Asian and Latino guys there have certainly whetted my appetite for all things Asian all over again it seems:-) And speaking of Latino guys ......I "met" a lovely guy called Angel whilst there and whilst I believe that is quite a common name for Latino guys I'd certainly not come across an Angel here in Belfast before, so I've now added that to my list of holy fucks including a "Jesus" in Sitges etc - see, now who say's I'm not a religious man who cares about my eternal soul deep down at heart ! :-)

dab69
June 30th, 2013, 07:11
Just knew that you would be a little let down being accustomed to Bangkok.
Further, the Liberace Museum in Vegas closed some years ago... :glasses7:

Nirish guy
September 17th, 2013, 16:37
Yeah i was miffed as I missed the opening night of Krave by about two days on my trip - so, the worlds biggest gay club eh, that's one HELL of a claim to make and I'd love to have checked that out for myself, but I guess the proof of the pudding would be as to whether they just mean in terms of Square feet area iei being Las Vegas I guess it's always going to be bigger and better size / floor space wise BUT is that floor space filled with quality gay fun activities and people or just yet more floors filled with lots of empty carpet and not many gay guys / dark rooms / hot stage shows / go go dancers etc to enjoy your evening with there ??