PDA

View Full Version : Hong nam/toilet in Thailand

Tierman
June 5th, 2013, 14:02
What do you think of toilet tissue in the WC's in Thailand being offset/replaced by ass-washers? At first I though this to be very strange but now I have a great affinity for them and have installed one in my bathroom in the US. I find it much cleaner and better than toilet tissue and the only problem is how to dry my butt. Any suggestions or feelings on the issue?

arsenal
June 5th, 2013, 14:43
I am sure there are websites that you can find for this kind of discussion. I hope this doesn't become one of them. What a fucking pervert you are.

scottish-guy
June 5th, 2013, 14:49
Surely the toilet tissue can be used for drying your arse after using the spray-thingy?

But if you now have an aversion to buying toilet tissue I guess you could have one of those hot-air blow dryers installed and do a handstand under it.

cdnmatt
June 5th, 2013, 14:54
I am sure there are websites that you can find for this kind of discussion. I hope this doesn't become one of them. What a fucking pervert you are.

Why? Toilets are different in Thailand compared to the West. How is that perverted to talk about?

Anyway, I love my bum gun, and haven't used toilet paper in years. As for the drying issue, I don't know. I guess if you're in the US, you may need a solution especially during the winter months. In Thailand the coldest it ever gets it like +24C, so not a big deal.

Sooty
June 5th, 2013, 15:04
The latest research says that drying your hands (and presumably your arse) with a blast of hot air does nothing to reduce the bacterial load. For that you need the friction provided by paper - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... germs.html (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2335811/Ditch-hand-dryer-Paper-towels-MORE-hygienic-remove-germs.html)

newalaan2
June 5th, 2013, 15:30
The latest research says that drying your hands (and presumably your arse) with a blast of hot air does nothing to reduce the bacterial load. For that you need the friction provided by paper - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... germs.html
You can rely on our resident contrarian to always manage to 'come up with' an alternative view....I almost expect and look forward to it now. Do you have a specific 'Contrarian Search Engine' installed on your computer by chance Sooty?

How is that perverted to talk about?
Not sure if Aresnal is referring to 'scat' discussion or fear that the subject will be a repeat of the one which was covered over at Gaybutton's blog in the infamous epic 10 page shit-discussion marathon thread.

Sooty
June 5th, 2013, 15:59
The latest research says that drying your hands (and presumably your arse) with a blast of hot air does nothing to reduce the bacterial load. For that you need the friction provided by paper - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... germs.htmlYou can rely on our resident contrarian to always manage to 'come up with' an alternative view....I almost expect and look forward to it now. Do you have a specific 'Contrarian Search Engine' installed on your computer by chance Sooty?I subscribe to an eclectic range of sources on the News360.com site and have a good memory. I also have as my special topic on my own personal Mastermind "Urban myths".

The Instapaper site is useful for keep virtual newspaper clippings to support this hobby.

a447 on the other hand trawls through the archives of this Forum so he can quote endlessly like a tired old barrister and bore us all to death by providing some obscure "fact" from a post three years ago that "proves" some supposed inconsistency or hypocrisy. I am deliberately inconsistent so as to unbalance him (and make it easier to yank his chain) so I am deeply disturbed, newalaan, to read that you think I am predictably a contrarian. See my footer quote from Alan Greenspan.

dab69
June 5th, 2013, 16:54
The latest research says that drying your hands (and presumably your arse) with a blast of hot air does nothing to reduce the bacterial load. For that you need the friction provided by paper - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... germs.html (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2335811/Ditch-hand-dryer-Paper-towels-MORE-hygienic-remove-germs.html)

wondering where they got the assumption
that drying was supposed to reduce bacteria

Up2U
June 5th, 2013, 17:17
What do you think of toilet tissue in the WC's in Thailand being offset/replaced by ass-washers? At first I though this to be very strange but now I have a great affinity for them and have installed one in my bathroom in the US. I find it much cleaner and better than toilet tissue and the only problem is how to dry my butt. Any suggestions or feelings on the issue?

I couldn't install one in my U. S. home because they were against the building code. No plummer would touch the job, because typical American homes unlike Thailand do not have floor drains near the toilet.

Nirish guy
June 5th, 2013, 17:25
I had one fitted in my home here in the UK which turned out to be harder than first thought too, I was able to buy the kit from a guy who imported them from Asia but on getting the plumber to connect it he pointed out that in Thailand as it's always hot they are connected to the cold water pipe ( which actually delivers warmish water due to the heat) BUT were you to do that here you'd freeze the ass off yourself, so he had to fit it to the hot water pipe and then I had to fork out for a condenser adaptor control (which was nearly dearer than than the bloody bun gun !) so that I can set the thermostat to ensure the water sprayed is just the perfect temperature for my delicate toosh !

Actually that same thermostat is crap and fails more than it works these days so it's always 50/50 as to whether the damned bun gun even works these days, but when it does it's great.

christianpfc
June 5th, 2013, 17:49
There are toilets that have a tubing (detracted while you are shitting) build-in and a water reservoir that is thermostated. Afterwards, there is warm air to blow your ass dry. My parents had two installed in their house in the 1990's, and I saw them in public toilets in Thailand. (Don't know which search term to enter to google to find a picture.)

I never used these spray hoses, and I wonder how do you avoid water running down your legs and then in your trousers?

Edit: that tubing for water has two positions: one for ass (man and woman) and another one for pussy (woman only). These toilets come with a control panel (water temperature, pressure, air flow).

Edit: found a picture

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/d0/af/c9/posco-toilette.jpg

cdnmatt
June 5th, 2013, 18:25
I never used these spray hoses, and I wonder how do you avoid water running down your legs and then in your trousers?

It's about +35 - 42C every day of the year. Only takes a minute or two for a bit of water to naturally dry.

Much better than smearing a bunch of shit everywhere with toilet paper. :-)

anonone
June 5th, 2013, 18:29
That type of toilet is common in Japan. Quite a trip to use for the first time.

Both (fancy toilet and Thai water bum gun) work much better at keeping things clean than trying to use tissue.

dab69
June 5th, 2013, 20:58
in Thailand as it's always hot they are connected to the cold water pipe ( which actually delivers warmish water due to the heat) BUT were you to do that here you'd freeze the ass off yourself,

I have the water hose type connected here in USA to the cold water in my bathroom. Even in winter the water temperature is fine. (55-65 F)

Also, I have used Tokyo (Narita) airport bidet-style toilets. It is pressure typical of a drinking fountain and insufficient for cleaning.

Besides cleaning greatly improved over paper only (without water), a 75% reduction in toilet tissue use and savings.

ChristianPFC please note:

Usage:
5 months double roll toilet tissue - 12 rolls single ply embossed texture
also use same for nasal tissue (nasal use included)
230 sheets/roll (10.6 X 10.1 cm) (28.8 square m)

gaymandenmark
June 6th, 2013, 01:22
How to use a douchette
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDls_7TmaDY

francois
June 6th, 2013, 02:13
The real problem is not the temperature of the water, it is the pressure. Without a pressure regulator someone could do serious damage to the colon!

MiniMee
June 6th, 2013, 02:21
Without a pressure regulator someone could do serious damage to the colon!

.....whereas a lack of pressure results in insufficient damage to the Klingons!

dab69
June 6th, 2013, 04:51
The real problem is not the temperature of the water, it is the pressure. Without a pressure regulator someone could do serious damage to the colon!

we aren't talking car wash pressure washer,
just normal household pressure.
further, it is being used externally,
not being inserted.

duh

anonone
June 6th, 2013, 05:14
Also, I have used Tokyo (Narita) airport bidet-style toilets. It is pressure typical of a drinking fountain and insufficient for cleaning.

There must be different versions of this toilet then. I vividly recall a toilet at Narita airport that had more buttons then I thought possibly....including a set to control the water pressure....which was quite powerful. I think it was in one of the lounges, though no idea which one now.

Was interesting to try the different buttons out to see what they would do....I can only imagine the fun a bottom would have with this thing. :sign5:

Sooty
June 6th, 2013, 07:43
I wonder how arsenal's feeling about how this thread is turning out. Maybe he's disciplined himself to avoid reading it? Maybe that will be a feature of the new software - threads I want to follow and threads I definitely want to ignore???

francois
June 6th, 2013, 08:44
we aren't talking car wash pressure washer,
just normal household pressure.
further, it is being used externally,
not being inserted. duh

duh, take it easy, take a joke! I realize the water hose is not intended for a colonic irrigation rather to get rid of those nasty Klingons.

That said, the water pressure in my condo, on the lower floor, is quite high and it does feel like a pressure washer on my derri├иre. :pottytrain1:

scottish-guy
June 6th, 2013, 14:46
When talking about possible internal damage from a toilet "spray" - surely given that it is only domestic water pressure involved, the significant factor in this matter must be how easily one's sphincter dilates?

Further, unless the person concerned is afflicted by a recognised medical condition such as slackusholus chronica, there must surely be a correlation between (let's call it) "sphincter-plasticity" and how much of a whore/size-queen the person has been?

Thus one can envisage no ill-effect on some people from using a toilet spray whilst others will probably end up with water on the brain.

I won't mention any names.

:party

francois
June 6th, 2013, 20:20
Normal water pressure actually varies quite a bit. In my condo building the pressure on the top floors is very low and requires the assistance of a pump. But on the bottom floors the pressure is quite high. In fact those cheap douche hoses often develop an aneurysm and burst.

francois
June 7th, 2013, 05:36
Copied from a post on pattayabictchboard:

I knew they could not resist

Postby Connie Lingus ┬╗ Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:41 am
I knew if I made a post about shit and toilet talk that the dirty old buggers would not be able to resist turning it in to a large thread just like the famous shit thread that was on GB.
Those sawatdee Queens are so predictable super-fart.gif

scottish-guy
June 7th, 2013, 15:14
And that's maybe part of the reason the OP is no longer with us, Francois.

The more we flush the hyrdas and agents provocateurs down the shit-pipe where they belong the better, IMHO

June 8th, 2013, 04:39
And that's maybe part of the reason the OP is no longer with us, Francois.Yes who would think that my old mate kunt12 had two heads? I just thought he was talking out of his arse.

Krazy4thai
June 8th, 2013, 15:28

I don't think the Thais worry too much about drying, not to the extent that we as westerners think we should be dry. I've often noticed boys whose jeans are always damp, usually around the top of the legs and crutch area. In cooler climates this isn't a very appealing prospect and I would assume is a feeling it would take a while to get used to. The crack must always be damp resulting in a feeling of "swamp ass". I guess a towel would be acceptable to dry with and if you're not supplying tissue in your dunny, think about a guest's reaction. On my upcoming trip I plan to learn how to use one properly as I have asked my builder to look into installing them in my new house. When I have used one in Thailand I have used a small hand towel to dry.
Ever noticed most boys wont discuss their loo practices??

scottish-guy
June 8th, 2013, 16:02
....Ever noticed most boys wont discuss their loo practices??

Can't say I've asked them!!

What strange conversations you must have!

:hello2:

Krazy4thai
June 10th, 2013, 14:34
....Ever noticed most boys wont discuss their loo practices??

Can't say I've asked them!!

What strange conversations you must have!

:hello2:

You could be right :happy7:

What i meant was, when I first came across the Thai dunnies I didn't know what was the best way to use them. Mainly because of the "drying" issue.

christianpfc
June 10th, 2013, 14:59
I don't think the Thais worry too much about drying, not to the extent that we as westerners think we should be dry. I've often noticed boys whose jeans are always damp, usually around the top of the legs and crutch area. In cooler climates this isn't a very appealing prospect and I would assume is a feeling it would take a while to get used to.

This applies to swimming as well. I have seen many Thais in water in street clothes, some take off their shirt, some not, and after swimming, they drive home in their wet clothes. (Based on recent observations on Koh Si Chang in the Gulf of Thailand and waterfall Nam Tok Pliou.)

cameroncat
June 12th, 2013, 07:49
I have considered installing one of these Japanese type toilet seats in my home, but you need a nearby power outlet. Most U.S. bathrooms only have one outlet, usually located near the sink. The extra cost of having an electrician come in and add a new power source has stopped me so far. I'm wondering how long it will be before all those fancy toilets installed at the Terminal 21 mall in Bangkok are all broken from "overuse" LOL