PDA

View Full Version : Which comes first?

joe552
June 3rd, 2013, 22:57
As an antidote to the other popular threads about other boards, here's a light-hearted question for you. What is the first thing you look forward to on arrival in Thailand? Your first cold beer at the beach? Your first visit to a go-go bar and some fun with the boys? If you have a Thai bf, is it the obvious one, or is your first meal together special? For me, a cold beer on Beach Road starts my holiday perfectly. :alc:

cdnmatt
June 3rd, 2013, 23:06
These days, that's an easy one. My dogs. Whenever they see me with my bag they're not very happy, because they know full well I'm leaving for a night or more. When I come back though, they're pretty damn happy to see me, and vice versa as well.

For now and for me, dogs are great, and much better than boyfriends. They don't lie, cheat, steal, deceive, manipulate, talk back, mind fuck, complain, or any of that nasty stuff. They just love you (and food), and always will.

joe552
June 3rd, 2013, 23:10
Sweet answer, matt. Indeed you can't beat the feeling a good dog gives - pure and simple - you feed me, and I'll be there for you.

Halfhansum
June 4th, 2013, 00:53
Unless they turn round and bite you of course ..lol
When i next get into patts., i will head straight for Sunnee .. but alas not for some time yet .. :crybaby:

joe552
June 4th, 2013, 01:23
Depends what time you arrive of course, but I get into Pattaya around 10.00 so Sunee would be deserted. Anyway, I only go to Pattaya for the beach life and cold beer :alc:

scottish-guy
June 4th, 2013, 01:28
Getting to the hotel.....getting the clothes off I've been wearing for almost a day....... a lovely cool shower..........a shave.....and a large bottle of chilled Singha with a frosty glass!!

After that, I'm ready for anything!

:party

joe552
June 4th, 2013, 01:30
ah, we see eye to eye on that one, SG. who frosts your glass for you?

scottish-guy
June 4th, 2013, 01:32
That tall frigid boy in the corner - a little light goes on when he opens his legs

joe552
June 4th, 2013, 01:34
:sign5: dread to think how much he charges

francois
June 4th, 2013, 02:08
First thing is a hug and a kiss from my bf. The second thing needs no explanation.

joe552
June 4th, 2013, 02:37
francois, I'm sure I have no idea what you're referring to - so I'll assume it's a fancy dinner in a classy restaurant, just because that seems your style

anonone
June 4th, 2013, 02:39
There are some obvious things, which Francois has already alluded to.
Nothing better than the first sight of BF....second sight of BF....and so on.

For a less obvious answer, stepping out of BKK and taking that first breath of Thai air. Hot and humid at 2330 hours. I know then that travel is over and fun begins. Time to get into a Thai state of mind and enjoy.

timmberty
June 4th, 2013, 02:41
i normally get to sunee around 4 or 5pm.. first thing i do after washing etc in the hotel, is to take a wander around the plaza before the bars are open. the green chair bar will normally be open at that time anyhow, so that will be my first port of call on my second round of the plaza .. then its off to find something to eat.

joe552
June 4th, 2013, 02:42
indeed anonone, I love that blast of heat and humidity. even in summer I'm leaving behind 15-20 degrees at best, so hitting 35 is wonderful.

joe552
June 4th, 2013, 02:45
timmberty, I only ever walked past Sunee in daylight once, so now wait till after dark. but I think we're on the same page - a nice quiet beer to start you off.

lukylok
June 4th, 2013, 03:37
After all the usual mentionned above, we have a ritual meal in the same restaurant which must include pad het ruam and plah gratiam prik tai !

timmberty
June 4th, 2013, 03:41
After all the usual mentionned above, we have a ritual meal in the same restaurant which must include pad het ruam and plah gratiam prik tai !

alphabet soup isnt what it used to be.

joe552
June 4th, 2013, 03:44
I'm sure they're lovely (whatever those dishes are) but I understand the sharing of food - it's an important thing for me too. I'm not equating my experiences with you guys who have boyfriends here, but I do like to eat with a guy before we do the deed - fantasy date perhaps, but it works for me.

francois
June 4th, 2013, 04:29
francois, I'm sure I have no idea what you're referring to - so I'll assume it's a fancy dinner in a classy restaurant, just because that seems your style

The question was, [what is the first thing you look forward to] and thus my response. I normally arrive late at night so time for bed and that is the second thing I look forward to and I am not referring just to sleep. Actually most of our dinners together are not at what would be classified as classy restaurants except for special events.[attachment=0:2d2ythho]smiley_champagne.gif[/attachment:2d2ythho]

joe552
June 4th, 2013, 04:38
francois, I was trying to be coy, but obviously failed. I think we all guessed what you're second stage was. quelle surprise.

Nirish guy
June 4th, 2013, 04:39
Jesus, I MUST be getting old as a god nap to catch up on some sleep missed from the days before getting ready to head off and get over the travelling IS usually the first thing I enjoy and look forward to once I hit my hotel room on arrival these days no matter what time of day or night it is ! http://WWW.LAZYBASTARD.COM lol But hey I'm on holuday I'm allowed to be lazy and I do more than make up for it shortly afterwards usually :-)

joe552
June 4th, 2013, 04:51
Jeez, NIrish Guy, I'm really disappointed in you. How can you sleep when you've just arrived in Sin City (whether that's BKK or Pattaya). I thought you were one of the board's more active members, now you tell us you need to have a sleep before hitting the bars? :dontknow:

Guess us old fogeys still have a thing to teach you young brats.

Nirish guy
June 4th, 2013, 05:37
What can I say Joe, old age comes to us all !! :-)

Although I'm fairly much prepared to bet ┬г50 quid that if you encountered the week or two I end up getting thrust at me evert time immediately before I manage to escape you too would need a wee sleep on arrival to get your body relaxed and ready to party as I guess my average sleep pattern is about 5 hours a night for a week or two before I go and I have to endure enough stress to choke a medium sized donkey or at least it FEELS that way !

I now actually know from experience and as confirmed by my Doc that my body almost crashes in the first day or two after getting away purely from stress ( and the immediate lack of it on arrival) and it's that wee nap that then sets me up for the coming days of drinking and debauchery - and I bet you another ┬г50 if yo'd care to join me you'd need a wee sleep after that too - although to be fair so do I as well these days it seems !! :-)

Right where's my slippers !

bucknaway
June 4th, 2013, 05:53
Once I check into my hotel, I beat feet to Silom. Being in Silom makes me feel as if I never left. I walk the sidewalk checking out what is for sale, so when I am ready to do some shopping, I will know where to find what I want.

Then I head to Telephone Pub or Balcony and do a little flirting before I head to Soi Twilight. Maybe I will enter a bar, maybe I won't. Maybe I will walk over to Tawan and down past Golden Cock and the others before I go to Soi Paradise.

If I am lucky, I will find a person to spend some time with. If I can't find what I am looking for, I will grab a snack at the Malaysia Hotel before I go back to my room at Babylon, and if I am up for it, I will grab a towel and take a late night / early morning shower.

christianpfc
June 4th, 2013, 13:52
After arrival, I take taxi to my hotel, shower and change and go to bars (Soi Twilight rather Silom Soi 4). If hungry, I eat there.

pong
June 4th, 2013, 17:31
several: ride in de airporttrain, eat again a plate of delicious Khaeng massaman-traditional first meal-really disappointed if that stall happens to have day-off, check if there are still free buses in Bkk, see if my TescoLotus klab-kad still works-in the Uk tesco wont accept it though.

arsenal
June 4th, 2013, 18:46
Getting the motorbike hired then off to a gogo bar.

Beachlover
June 4th, 2013, 21:10
In my swinging single days, I usually arrived around 8-10pm, straight into a cab and usually checking into my hotel within an hour of landing. Quick shower, maybe whistle up a snack from room service (saves time, can eat while getting dressed) or grab some street food skewers or noodle soup and then hit the nightclubs by midnight, usually DJ Station!

These days, I usually arrive with my BF. First, in no particular order are...

1. Checking into a day spa for a couple of hours' massage and relaxation

2. Gathering his friends and my friends for a big night out... usually starting with dinner in a nice restaurant, then a few cocktails, then clubbing... sometimes ends up with everyone coming back to our hotel for a champagne breakfast!

3. Dinner with his family and/or visit the family home to drop off a couple of nice bottles of Australian red for his parents

cdnmatt
June 4th, 2013, 21:15
Huh, so nobody gets one of those luxury taxis with tinted windows, and a hooker to pick them up at the airport, for the drive to Pattaya? Get off the plane from a long flight, only to see a cute Thai guy waiting for you in arrivals. Get into your limo with tinted windows, enjoy some champagne, plus maybe even a blowjob on your way to Pattaya!

I know that type of service exists for the breeders, but maybe there's nothing in the gay community for that (yet)?

joe552
June 4th, 2013, 21:51
matt, that's a service I wouldn't mind using - a great way to start a holiday :party

scottish-guy
June 4th, 2013, 22:08
Good Lord, Joe - I would have thought that your days of getting a bj in the back of a car were behind you.

I know I've served my apprenticeship - I assumed you had too!

:hello2:

jinks
June 4th, 2013, 22:21
Getting the motorbike hired then off to a gogo bar.

Ok while I'm in the mood..... Avatars 1 here 2 new board... is this you?
[attachment=0:1bimbken]arse115.jpg[/attachment:1bimbken]
[attachment=1:1bimbken]arse150.jpg[/attachment:1bimbken]

The new platform will support avatars of 150 x 150.

joe552
June 4th, 2013, 22:22
SG, as my parish priest was fond of telling me "it's better to give, than to receive". if I ever get too old for bj's I'll give up
travelling to Thailand.

joe552
June 4th, 2013, 22:28
ha ha, you've just reminded me that my first ever bj was in the front seat of the delivery van from work - I was a very cute 14 year old.

francois
June 4th, 2013, 23:59
ha ha, you've just reminded me that my first ever bj was in the front seat of the delivery van from work - I was a very cute 14 year old.

Here we go, off topic; were you receiving or giving?

joe552
June 5th, 2013, 00:26
receiving, francois. give me some time, I'm sure I have photos somewhere if you're that interested. :sign5: