PDA

View Full Version : Sunee Plaza

Dani69
June 3rd, 2013, 08:23
Just back from a month long stay in Pattaya and visited Sunee just about every night --------my conclusion ---Stay @ home place is so quiet ---ok its off season but !!!!!! save up and go in the so callled high season ...end of

christianpfc
June 3rd, 2013, 13:48
A more meaningful headline, like "Little activity in Sunee Plaza", maybe?

Manforallseasons
June 3rd, 2013, 15:13
Just back from a month long stay in Pattaya and visited Sunee just about every night --------my conclusion ---Stay @ home place is so quiet ---ok its off season but !!!!!! save up and go in the so callled high season ...end of

I don't think people planning a visit here really get it, or prefer not to!

timmberty
June 3rd, 2013, 15:18
great advice ... its a bit like driving early in the morning or late at night ..
i aways advise people not to... why drive when the roads are empty .. leave it till rush hour and its so busy you cant move, a far better idea.
ever thought not everyone likes the hussle and bussle of high season ? ever thought poeple go to thailand to meet thais, rather than be crushed up along side other farang ?
travel 11 hours so you can spend time with the people you just spend 11 hours getting away from ...
sound advice, thanks for the tip.

lonelywombat
June 3rd, 2013, 16:25
I agree that the best time to travel to Pattaya is off season. I am not into sitting around in bars or on the beach talking to other farang. I prefer to enjoy the bars, take my pick and not be rushed.

As for how many people are in Sunee or Boyztown . WGAF?

I think it comes back to are you there to socialize with other farang, is it your wish to be slotted in some bar with another pisspot?

That spells out what you want from the bars.

Nirish guy
June 3rd, 2013, 16:38
I agree, off season works for me too, I much prefer the slow unhurried pace and the fact that half times in bars you are only one of a fe customers and so the service and attention from the guys there is much more attentive ( not that there's anything wrong with high season service). I also enjoy the beach more without hoards of our Russian friends or ladies sitting squeezed into the gays sections ( why I can never quite work out !), the roads are quietly, hence less chance of getting killed and everyone is just a bit more chilled.

Plus this trip thankfully as I've got a bit of time I'm able to not end up stuck in Pattaya so if it gets to boring then I'll up sticks and move on elsewhere, so all in all, low season doesn't bother me at all - mind you ask me in a few weeks when I'm back in case this years low season is lower than any before ( as seems to be the case year on year of late) and perhaps I may have changed my mind about that !

joe552
June 3rd, 2013, 16:57
I've only visited in low season and it suits me. I can't remember the last time I had a drink or a conversation with a farang in Pattaya - that's not why I go.

Nirish guy
June 3rd, 2013, 17:18
Also from what I've seen of late there's not a whole lot of difference between low and high season anymore, with the exception of over the short Christmas / New year holiday period it's all fairly similarly quiet anyway these days.

Manforallseasons
June 3rd, 2013, 18:10
[quote="lonelywombat"]
As for how many people are in Sunee or Boyztown . WGAF?

You should give a fuck! You think the boys aware flocking here with just a few old punters here?
Your interest here wouldn't have anything to do with your rental units in Yensabi condo would it?

Krazy4thai
June 3rd, 2013, 18:14
I agree, off season works for me too, I much prefer the slow unhurried pace and the fact that half times in bars you are only one of a fe customers and so the service and attention from the guys there is much more attentive ( not that there's anything wrong with high season service). I also enjoy the beach more without hoards of our Russian friends or ladies sitting squeezed into the gays sections ( why I can never quite work out !), the roads are quietly, hence less chance of getting killed and everyone is just a bit more chilled.

Plus this trip thankfully as I've got a bit of time I'm able to not end up stuck in Pattaya so if it gets to boring then I'll up sticks and move on elsewhere, so all in all, low season doesn't bother me at all - mind you ask me in a few weeks when I'm back in case this years low season is lower than any before ( as seems to be the case year on year of late) and perhaps I may have changed my mind about that !

I agree with Nirish guy on this. It's all a matter of what you want from Sunee or even Pattaya in general. Prior to my last 3 trips I saw similar posts to this topic. On neither of those trips was I disappointed by Sunee. Like Nirish I also noticed the greater number of women plonking themselves down in what is generally regarded as the "gay area" of the beaches.
If I have noticed a great difference in Sunee (comparing seasons) it would be that in the low the mamasans seem pushier as you may be one of only 2 or 3 Farang present in the bar.
Low or high season there are approximately the same number of bars open only in the low however quite probably a smaller number of boys are available As I understand it quite a few of the boys go home in low season. Even with fewer boys the choices are still quite good as there are fewer farang to contend with for their attentions.
I assume that the ex-pats and frequent flyers notice the difference more than less frequent travelers do as they have more opportunity to compare on a regular basis. In my case I travel low season to stretch my $$$, thus not necessitating a need to short change my companions
In low season world wide;accommodation and entertainment tend to be less expensive and in the case of Thailand for those who have to be very cautious with their budget, the entertainment can be much cheaper. Although anyone who has read previous posts of mine would know that I find the practice of taking advantage of the boys by beating them down to less than a fair amount of Baht because it's low season,disgusts me. But I digress : :8(

Should I post a less than flattering view of low season in Sunee following my upcoming jaunt people will know it is truly dismal, as I am a glass half full guy ,easy going and easily pleased, even though I plan to break up my stay with a side trip to Siem Reap, and also Chiang Mai, which judging from my previous visit in 2012 will be quieter than Pattaya anyway. There will still be ample opportunities in CM even though it's low season.

cheers

Halfhansum
June 3rd, 2013, 18:24
The OP, `visited Sunee just about every night `, Must have been Awfull .... :dontknow:

artic55
June 3rd, 2013, 18:45
I was in Sunee every night last week, had great time, plenty of action. I prefer low season for the same reason as most posters here, the place is more relaxed and you get more attention from the boys, no need to wait for high season in my opinion.

artic55

lonelywombat
June 3rd, 2013, 19:14
Had several PM's about when I prefer. Here at home the coldest months start now. This last weekend was the official opening weekend of our snow season. Bit short by European seasons.

June through to September are good months and I do not mind the downpours that occur. They last only an hour and blow away.

Football figures with my planned timetables, but the cool periods in October and November before the crowds start to arrive, are also of interest.

I actually like the bars when the weather is"nasty" as those who remain in the bars are usually in for some fun. A few bottles of whisky, will get the doorman and waiters involved and some local food from the street stalls makes for a great night.

Who cares who sits in Sunee nursing a single drink all night, or who sits and watches boys walk past or longs for a pool match. Not for me.

pennyboy
June 3rd, 2013, 19:34
I am in Pattaya now and visit Sunee every night because I am having a great time............end of :happy7:

Manforallseasons
June 5th, 2013, 04:16
The rains have come and made an already empyt sunny more so.

timmberty
June 5th, 2013, 04:21

how can something that is empty become even more empty ?

joe552
June 5th, 2013, 04:28
I knew it, timmberty, you're an TEFL teacher in Pattaya

timmberty
June 5th, 2013, 04:34
me a teacher .. ho ho ... still at least if it was even more empty than when it was just quite empty, at least he didnt have to put up the the screeching gay fem boys ... next to the bar he dont know the name of, must have been rather nice for him.
if you walk around a place that is totally empty does that mean you dont exhist ? a question for beachy maybe ??

joe552
June 5th, 2013, 04:41
yes, we'll leave the philosophy for beachie - I've never seen Sunee empty - quiet perhaps, but always punters around and I only go in low season. I've never sat in Sunee and thought "what this place needs is more farangs"

bucknaway
June 5th, 2013, 06:28
I have never seen Sunee empty of customers in the month of October either. I have been surprised to see bars I expected to be crowded with only a few visible staff and empty of customers. But then I make my way to a bar I am sure is near empty only to open the door to find nearly every seat full!

newalaan2
June 5th, 2013, 15:16
Have to agree with a couple of the responses already given....that if it was just so utterly desolate why did you visit every night? It seems to me your conclusion doesn't match your deeds and puts a question against your advice. It appears to have been sufficiently alive for your purposes so why do you think others should avoid it, and why do you advise that?

I actually like the bars when the weather is"nasty" as those who remain in the bars are usually in for some fun. A few bottles of whisky, will get the doorman and waiters involved and some local food from the street stalls makes for a great night.
Why wait for nasty weather to do that? you can do that any time, the problem is Lonely the fact that for whatever reason many simply do not go out in the first place to settle in any of the bars when it is raining or even if there is a 'hint' of rain to come. That's the great mystery of a 'compact' place Pattaya for me....esp when a light umbrella can get you from place to place with only minimal wetness if that really bothers you, if the rain goes off just leave your 'brolly' in any bar and pick it up next visit.

I agree that the best time to travel to Pattaya is off season
I don't think I have ever pondered the question of 'when is the best time to visit' I don't differentiate between seasons, ANY time is the best time to visit. Anyway I look at Late Nov to Late Feb has high season the rest is just 'normal' season. Yes there is a peak within the high season but in general for me there is high season and normal. I tend to visit 25% High and 75% normal. I always find something positive to take out of whatever season it is.

I also don't think high or low has anything to do with having to interact with other farangs or not, you can set out your body language at any time to see to that. Also the myth about less boys being 'available' outwith high season is another mystery, the availability regulates itself doesn't it? Supply/demand sees to that. But the big issue I have with those who 'complain' about less boys being available outwith high season is........how many boys do you actually NEED to be available for your purposes? Complaining that there are 'only' 1,000 boys available rather than 1,250 for choice of ONE boy is absurd in the extreme. If you can't find a suitable partner for the evening or long term out of the 'low/normal season' numbers you definitely fall into the 'difficult to please' 'fussy' category or have been in Thailand for too long a period.

A more meaningful headline, like "Little activity in Sunee Plaza", maybe?
Would that title change have been the difference between you clicking-on or not? If not and you would have clicked-on it anyway what purpose would a more 'meaningful heading serve? If we incorporated 'meaning' into titles they would be too long to fit the top. It's basically about Sunee that should be enough to decide to view or not.

how can something that is empty become even more empty ?
The only actual example I could think might fit that description in some way, is the status of the head of the person who made the assertion in the first place after he has 'released his thoughts' onto a post. Was it manforallseasons by chance?

vnman
June 5th, 2013, 16:27
Phew, and not a moment to soon. The weather was too hot for me. Loving it now.

However, I would rather see it busier though. Being the 1 of 2 customers in a bar doesn't make it more fun for me. It's true that you have less competition, but there are also far less boys. It's also fun to see the interaction between other customers and the boys. I also met some great people over the years that I dear to call friends.

There is no blending in right now. There are only a few farang out there and they boys know it. Again, could be experienced as positive too.

Let's see what tonight brings. Christian is driving me crazy with his sanamronpark stories :-) but I'd rather stay in pattaya tonight. So, sunee it is.

Manforallseasons
June 5th, 2013, 18:24
Even the Beasty boy bar was devoid of any punters the staff were reduced to giving eachother tips by example of applying eye makeup........ :occasion9:

lonelywombat
June 5th, 2013, 19:53
newalaan we do see two sides of the equation.You tend to end up in clubs late at nights.

Those drinking in bars/go go understand the weather and wait for the rain to stop and then venture out. If it raining early evening usually there is an excellent chance for rain to stop.

Sure I do not like sitting in the open beer bars, but when there are bars with boys, that is when I make a choice.

Not every night. But as I said I am involved in football and visit at the end of the season. Sometimes a little earlier.

newalaan2
June 6th, 2013, 14:31
newalaan we do see two sides of the equation.You tend to end up in clubs late at nights.Those drinking in bars/go go understand the weather and wait for the rain to stop and then venture out. If it raining early evening usually there is an excellent chance for rain to stop.Sure I do not like sitting in the open beer bars, but when there are bars with boys, that is when I make a choice.Not every night. But as I said I am involved in football and visit at the end of the season. Sometimes a little earlier.
We probably do see different sides, I prefer beer bars in the evening and clubs later with only occasional visits to agogos. I was speaking about when it rains consistantly around the time just before the bars open which often happens this time of year, and it seems to put off some punters heading out until the rain actually stops, which it often doesn't for a very large part of the night. Unless it's a very heavy torrential downpour where the brolly isn't enough to cope, I still head out to bar beers/agogs no matter the weather, while we do head to the clubs that's not until 12.30-1am and we just hire a songtaew with the plastic down the sides when raining.

'Involved' in football? I assumed you might be too old for that....I did play outdoor grass football/soccer until I was 47 and still play indoor 5/7's...unless you mean your 'involvement' is watching football. I don't let that get in the way of Thailand trip plans in Oct and Jan/Feb though.

I was just saying that I find it odd people are prepared to travel such a long way for a holiday in the 'rainy season' yet seem to be put of going out in even light rain. One bar which seems to have an exception are the regulars at The Colonial Bar, it always seems to be very busy all times of year early evening irrespective of the weather. Left a brolly there once and one of the waiters returned it to me at Mosaik via the security guys next morning, and I am just an occasional visitor, they seem to go out of their way to make customers feel comfortable.

Even the Beasty boy bar was devoid of any punters the staff were reduced to giving eachother tips by example of applying eye makeup........Newalan I'm waiting for you (-:
Is THAT the name of the bar then? Beasty Boy Bar? Wow!! I like your hair MFAS! and you look quite cute in your photo with it! I must admit you look quite a bit younger than I expected but the dyed hair and eyeliner was pretty much as I guessed it would be. It's been suggested to me by many that you are in fact a raging bottom, I can see why they'd think that....I hope that is your genuine photo and not just some image fraud like Beachlover's avator. See you next week MFAS!

I also met some great people over the years that I dear to call friends.
I assume you refer to farang/westerners when describing 'friends' which is something that many like to incorporate into their holiday, I prefer to spend all my time in Thailand with Thais, but will chat casually with westerners if approached and the conversation doesn't turn to self-centred moaning about themselves, thais and Thailand. This often happens, which I don't get.....travelling or even moving to Thailand and only finding negative things to moan about...sitting near a pair of moaners can also be depressing, moaning about the attitude of this boy and that boy, and how this bar rips you off and the taxi drivers are crooks, the mamasans are horrible, and the boys in the bars are not 'cute enough' for them, loud music in entertainment areas!. Get enough of that back in farangland. But each to their own I suppose.

Also many visitors who have dared to think they had met some great people in Pattaya they could call a friend...ran into Neal! There's an example for caution if ever there was one.