PDA

View Full Version : What the Hell????

bucknaway
May 30th, 2013, 05:33
A friend of mine was staying at a posh hotel and took a liking to one of the waiters who worked there and it seemed the waiter liked him also which he showed by bringing him small samples of food to try and seem to enjoy his reaction to the food. If he smiled after trying something the waiter smiled and if he made a sour face the waiter laughed. If there was a day when he was not there for breakfast the waiter let him know that he took notice of his absence.

My friend was sure that they both were flirting and after each meal he slipped him a generous tip into his hand.

He decided that he would ask the waiter out, but when he tried to find him he learned that he was not due to return to work for a week and by that time my friend would be back in the USA. So he purchased a card and put some cash in it and asked for the card to be given to him. On my friends last day, when he was checking out of the hotel, the staff picked up the phone and asked him to wait. The waiter came running up to him and presented him with 2 decorative pillows. Then he was off to the airport to fly home.

He never forgot the waiter and when he returned to Bangkok he asked about him. He was told that the waiter no-longer works at the restaurant or the hotel but they remembered how fond they were of each other so the hotel contacted the waiter and gave him my friends phone number.

They made a date to meet and they did meet and the waiter showed up with his wife.... What the hell!?

Only in Thailand.... I had to laugh when he told me the end to his flirting adventure in Thailand.

I know what you are going to ask... I asked him too if the waiter was Bi or Gay. He told me that the waiter was just happy to be friends with a foreigner and was not gay. As far as he knew.

arsenal
May 30th, 2013, 10:00
I like this story. An early morning smile. :happy7:

timmberty
May 30th, 2013, 16:35
the moral of this story for me is ... thai's are pretty much the same as people the world over.
just because someone smiles at you, jokes with you etc etc .. it doesnt mean they want to have sex with you.
just how many people have the fuck-arsed view that every thai person they meet is just there for sex ?

Narakmak
May 30th, 2013, 16:51
A very similar thing happened to me.
I thought a romance might be happening with a waiter at a regular place I go to.
He would sit with me and want to talk.
This went on for months.
Then he told me, that's my wife, she's cooking in the kitchen, and we have a young baby!
We're still friends.