PDA

View Full Version : Newbie style advice please

joe552
May 30th, 2013, 01:34
I'm off to Pattaya next week for my annual sex therapy. I've been chatting to a boy on GR for about a month and will be meeting up with him on my first night - and see how things go. He works in his sister's beer bar on Soi 3 (down the straight end of Pattaya) and he isn't keen on visiting Sunee or Boyztown in case people think he's a money boy. I've already told him that people will think that anyway if he's out with a farang, can't be helped, just forget about it. I've always been with boys from the bars in Boyztown and Sunee, so haven't come across this before (note spelling of come!).

I'd appreciate any advice on how to make him a bit more relaxed about going for drinks to my favourite beer bars in Sunee, maybe a show at X Boys, whatever. Also, since he's not a moneyboy, how do I show appreciation for his company without insulting him?

Uncharted territory for me, so any advice appreciated.

Nirish guy
May 30th, 2013, 01:41
Here's an idea Joe, how about just NOT bringing him to those places then ! There are many many str8 ( gay friendly) bars and if he's REALLY not a bar boy of that description then don't force the poor guy to sit somewhere where he perhaps dosn't feel comfortable, there are plenty of str8 / gay friendly bars all over pattaya where you can avoid the gay bars so I'm sure he'll know of plenty of places you can go. Plus if you're trying to make a good impression then a night out in Sunee with every other waiter chasing you while he goes to the toilet probably isn't the best idea to begin with !

And as for how to you show your appreciation, why would you, he's not a money boy ! Just go out and pay for everything as usual and in the morning simply don't offer him any money and the next day if he's still about then just get up and take it from there, however money boy/ bar boy or not I've a sneaking suspicion that he'll soon work out MANY ways for you to show your appreciation whether you want to or not so i wouldn't worry about that too much perhaps.

joe552
May 30th, 2013, 01:46
I take your point about not forcing him to go to Sunee or wherever - I wouldn't do that. But at the same time, it's my holiday so I want to go there. If that means not taking him off from his bar every night so I can have my time as I want, then so be it. I'd have no problem spending the evening in his sister's bar if that's what he wants - I've never been accused of being picky about where I drink. But I reserve the right to have my time in Sunee with the boys.

You're right, of course, I'm sure he'll find a way for me to show my appreciation somehow.

Nirish guy
May 30th, 2013, 03:20
Well now if you mean taking him "off" as in "offing him" from his sisters bar ( where you will no doubt be encouraged to drink for at least part of each night to boost the family profits and get friendly with the sister / wife) then I think you've answered your own question somewhat about his line of work and if thats the case then I think perhaps that you're mistaking his not wanting to appear like a money boy for him actually saying he doesn't want to LOOK like a money boy, but we'll see, I'm sure we're all busting to find out how that goes now :-)

But seriously though if by some outside chance he DOES turn out to be just a regular guy who's just out for some company and a bit of free harmless no strings fun ( REALLY Joe, you REALLY think that ?? :-) then just go with it and he may well end up taking you out with his friends to totally different places than you've ever been before with any of the gay bar boys, who lets face it normally know less bars and interesting places to go than WE do half times ! So, just go with the flow and see how your night ends up as the worst outcome I guess is he'll hit you up for 4000 baht long time - cause he isn't a bar boy you know and doesn't normally do this, but will just this once as you seem like such a Luby man with such a good heart - and he can't let you fuck him as "he got a problem with his ass and it hurt too much" and he can't fuck you as he only bottom so he just can do on himself with hand "ok for you" ? :-)

And yes like yourself I think I would be making me own plans "around" him rather than with him at least at the start until you see how the land lies - or should that be until you see how the lad lies ! :-)

joe552
May 30th, 2013, 03:35
NIrish - I really think you revealed more about your experience than you intended. I'll be sure to report back on my experience - I'll even combine it with a Kamagra review.

Nirish guy
May 30th, 2013, 03:40
Alas you are right Joe, those very lines where used on me in the dim and distant past until I became immune to them ( meaning of course just that the boys have now just thought up new inventive lines to relieve my of my Baht and just have lines that I still haven't quite managed to twig to yet it seems ! But sure the never ending learning curve when dealing with cute Thai boys is such fun you almost don't mind them scamming you - well almost ! :-)

egel
May 30th, 2013, 04:00
I've been chatting to a boy on "GR"

Well if youve been talking to him on "Gay Rentboy" you will know what he is into!

Brad the Impala
May 30th, 2013, 05:22
Good advice from Nirish.

If you want someone to accompany you to the rent boy hangouts that you usually go to, suggest that you stick with guys from that area. If you want to widen your horizon etc, let this guy take you where he feels comfortable.

You're already talking about the possibility of being with him every night, and you haven't even met him yet!

Hold your horses, play it by ear, and see where it and he take you. If you want a rest from him, you have the perfect out by saying that you want to spend an evening/night catching up with old friends in Sunee.

arsenal
May 30th, 2013, 09:59
Joe: I think you'll find that while he might not be an actual money boy he's certainly into actual money.

Beachlover
May 30th, 2013, 13:52
Totally agree with NIrish's advice too and I will add this...

I take your point about not forcing him to go to Sunee or wherever - I wouldn't do that. But at the same time, it's my holiday so I want to go there.
I think you need to decide what you want and be clear about it. Being indecisive will just lead to friction and disappointment because you're looking at conflicting paths that don't mix.

If he's genuinely interested in you and not keen on that scene (and those who frequent it), then you're probably just going to toss that away if you go to Sunee Plaza and all. So be it if that's what you want. If you really can't let go of Sunee Plaza and racking up your hook up count then just be clear about it, or you'll just disappoint and frustrate him, which is not fair.

If things work out and you're willing to let go of those other conflicting goals, there's plenty of nice and non-gay ordinary bars and hang out spots in Pattaya. Maybe take him somewhere nice. The bars and restaurants in the Hilton above Central Festival are a really nice spot to spend a night getting to know someone... can be really relaxed, intimate and romantic. Then let him lead you to wherever he and his friends like hanging out after work.

joe552
May 30th, 2013, 14:40
Thanks for all the advice, guys - I'll let you know how it goes - and no, there won't be any pictures.

christianpfc
May 30th, 2013, 16:33
As soon as I have hooked up with a moneyboy (gogo or beer bar), I am out of Sunee/Boyztown/wherever with him. And I wouldn't bring Thai friends I have sex with into that areas.

dab69
May 30th, 2013, 20:28
perhaps a lenghty tour of the Gold Shop on Beach Road would ease his nerves.

joe552
May 30th, 2013, 20:30
:sign5: that's a great suggestion, dab69

thrillbill
May 30th, 2013, 20:41
Advice: Have your ATM card ready. Be ready for all kinds of hints how he need some cash for fixing his motor bike/ give to his mother...all that BS. Of course, if he is sweet and you enjoy being with him and want to surprise him with a gift, wait until the very end...If u do it in the beginning u really don't know if he is enjoying your company or your money.

joe552
May 30th, 2013, 20:47
thanks, thrillbill, but this isn't my first time there - just my first time meeting a boy who's not from a go-go or beer bar. as I wrote in another recent thread, there is no such thing as a freebie in the western sense - I'm well aware of that.

thanks for all the suggestions, everyone :notworthy:

timmberty
May 31st, 2013, 07:54
i to have been talking to a new boy in town ... been here just a month, never been to a gay bar before let alone a gay area of pattaya ... he has no intrest in guys his own age .. hes 20 he much prefers white guys 55 up .. tho hes not to sure why .. because hes never yet been with a white guy 55 up .. but he thinks it will be nice ..
i have been going to pattaya for many a long year .. ive heard all the scams .. i just got here .. im a virgin. i never been with farang ...but this one is different .. he told me hes just got a computer so hasnt spoke to farang before. even tho i aways reply to his questions straight away .. he told me the reason he takes a while to reply to me is because he isnt good on computers so struggles to reply .. if i wasnt so old id think i was being taken for a ride !!

martin911
June 4th, 2013, 08:27
my. advice Joe would be to meet him on your second or third nite there

keep the first nite for whatever You liketo do yourself - that way you wont end up getting frustrated or annoyed if the date with the guy
doesnt turn out like you would wish it too -and you dont want that of all things fresh off a long plane trip to the land of smiles :glasses7:
-

- there are guys on GR that are Not moneyboys!!!!!! even in Pattaya!!!

and the nite you meet him let yourself be led in the direction he wants to go -i would go out v early in the nite with him also to enable you to judge what he is like

Nobody wants to be taken for a moneyboy espicially IF infact they are not!,,

and thats a very big thing for a asian guy!, its too much of a given if a farang and asian boy are seen together(moneyboy etc )

if he is a geniune guy TRUST me you will have a FAR better exoerience with him than with some of the seasoned guys of sunne
if its sucessful you have new bars etc to enjoy, if its not then all you have lost is a few hours in his company and you should be able to work out for yourself in a few hours (body language etc) what will happen - dump him and get back to the fleshpots of sunne if you make the right call early in the evening

have fun!,,