PDA

View Full Version : Castro bar Pattaya

aot871
May 29th, 2013, 06:12
Not having been in pattaya for a while can any one give me a round down on the castro bar in boystown , ie drink prices , and what kind of boys hang around

stevehadders
May 29th, 2013, 11:52
The place is managed by couple of guys you would recognise if you used to use Le Cafe Piano Bar over the last 5+ plus years...quite well known, and one the Barmen used to be a waiter at Le Cafe.......their friends (many of whom were regular visitors to LCR piano bar late evenings over the years) are often seen in here also,unsurprisingly. Generally a fun bar, with a cabaret and big screens that show shows, music or football ( a few of these guys are really into their football and play together in a team weekly, if that helps). The guys who run it, and especially one well know well tanned Boyztown guy, tend to like the noisier things in life.....all good fun but maybe not for those who like quiet bars......and any excuse for a party, and blasting out the music until the early hours.......from what I remember the drink prices were reasonable but can't remember specifics.
I haven't mentioned names, as sure it's probably against forum etiquette, but hope the clues are there...try it

psd1315
May 29th, 2013, 12:11
Castro can be a fun bar, and they pour a nice stiff drink. I recommend the double Jim Beam & Coke or the colourful Dodo-bird special on ice. :alc:

frequentflier
May 29th, 2013, 21:26
The place is managed by couple of guys you would recognise if you used to use Le Cafe Piano Bar over the last 5+ plus years...quite well known,.
who are these guys?

corky
May 29th, 2013, 21:33
Take a look at the website gallery http://castropattaya.com/photo-gallery.html
They are both shown in the last photo on page 1.

scottish-guy
May 29th, 2013, 23:19
I don't recognise any of them in the last photo :dontknow:

joe552
May 30th, 2013, 01:18
is this bar where the Amor restaurant used to be, next door to Panorama? just wondering, 'cos if they play loud music it's not my kind of place

timmberty
June 5th, 2013, 03:31
Take a look at the website gallery http://castropattaya.com/photo-gallery.html
They are both shown in the last photo on page 1.

bruce willis and bruce forsyth ??

frequentflier
June 5th, 2013, 10:45
I dont recognise anyone from the cafe royale in the last plc on page 1,and I have stayed there about 20 times.

MiniMee
June 5th, 2013, 13:42
I don't recognise any of them in the last photo :dontknow:

And why would you? We have already established that your experience in Thailand is quite limited.

scottish-guy
June 5th, 2013, 14:52
And yet it seems that frequentflier has the same problem - is he limited too?

lonelywombat
June 5th, 2013, 16:12
Well the guy in the red and blue check shirt either owns the place of his boyfriend was taking the pics.

Even without enlarging the pics, the man in the large white shirt surely should be known by a regular.

scottish-guy
June 6th, 2013, 00:31
Yes LW - there will be very few who don't recognise David perfectly well - but the mini-debate is over corky's post about the people shown in the LAST pic in the series!!

Take a look at the website gallery....They are both shown in the last photo on page 1.

frequentflier
June 7th, 2013, 00:16
ok problem seems to be sorted.I know David very well.didnt know that he had moved to Castro.He is not in the last pic though.

colmx
June 10th, 2013, 01:11
Beam is the owner of Castro...
He is the guy in the Blue+Red Check shirt in the last photo of Corkys link
I don't think he ever worked in LCR... i think Corky means that he could be seen there as a customer in the Piano bar

Smiles
June 10th, 2013, 03:01
Well, just from the photos, and never having been in Castro Bar, I have to say now I definitely won't be crossing that threshold any time soon.
Castro is a good name for the place: all the farangs ~ to a man ~ in every picture it appears like their faces have been stretched out on one of Torquemada's wracks as tight as a nun's pussy and the smiles are all sprayed on (keeping such smiles on for hours needs some vey-practised heavy lifting) and t-shirts purchased 3 eye-ball-rolling sizes too small. Can I say the Barrel-Chested look from body building magazines I used to steal from the local tobacco and magazine store when I was 14, and, well, Castro St in 1971?
And not even close to a sexy and sweet-looking Thai guy in the joint. (I won't get into the atrocious lighting).
No no no and no. :kap: