PDA

View Full Version : Browser and Gym

June 3rd, 2006, 14:22
Two unrelated questions:

I surf the web using the Safari web browser but have heard that Mozilla Firefox is becoming ever more popular, any thoughts on which is better to choose as my default browser?

I have reached the stage where I am no longer pompooey (chubby) but outright Uan (fat). My breasts are now, pound for pound, equal to any outstanding glammour model, if not quite so perky. What I would like is a gym, close to Sunee, that has a treadmill and weights. I have looked into the gym on soi day night 2, and whilst it has weights it only has those damn cross country walking machines where the footstands go up and down and your hands grip those poles going backwards and forwards - far too much for someone as uncoordinated as my good self (you only have to look at my attempts at dancing to see that I would be arse over tit on one of those things in minutes). A gym with air con would also be nice, but I shouldn't expect the world.

Please, my sagging breasts need your support! :cheers:

mikelele-old
June 3rd, 2006, 15:13
A gym with a treadmill is certainly ideal but perhaps you could also explore the possibilites of finding a nice long stretch of sidewalk or road that you could walk at dusk or early morning? I have a friend who abhors the gym but has lost a great deal of weight just by walking his dog very regularly for thirty or so minutes daily. But of course not doing so idly, he really walks briskly with the dogs. This man still drinks more than his fare share although he maybe eating a bit more moderately these days.

Or better yet, find a nice place to swim 15 minutes a day. Just try to do as many casual laps around the pool as you can in 15 minutes. It's a great overall, low-impact workout.

=)

June 3rd, 2006, 17:06
When one looks at the ratio of exercise to calories burnt, pure exercise alone is actually a very ineffective (slow) method for an overweight person to lose weight.

An ideal situation would be an initial weight loss diet to reach (or strive to reach) your target weight followed by SUSTAINABLE lifestyle changes which should include some exercise AND new dietary discipline, etc.

Sounds easy but as most of us know in reality, it takes some serious discipline and sacrifice!

Smiles
June 3rd, 2006, 22:25
" ... I am about 160kg and 5 ft 9. ... "
160 kgs = 350 lbs . . . and short to boot. BoyG, you are a great fat pig.

You are obviously out of control, bodywise, and here's some stark indications of your (very serious) health issues according to your Body Mass Index numbers:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Images/bmindex.jpg

Just trying to help you get yourself back under control is all. I'd do the same for any morbidly obese troll. :albino:

Cheers ....

June 4th, 2006, 12:35
... valuable advice. However, whilst I enjoy walking around in cooler climates and I had found this a good way to lose weight in the past, I find anything more than the briefest of walks (Sunee to Boyztown) in Thailand to result in a glistening of the skin and rivers running down my back. As a fat bugger you get stared at enough but when your sweating like the proverbial pig at a hog roast the attention becomes rather tiresome, as do the commments such as 'are you hot'?, 'are you ok'? and 'i'll get the oxygen'!

If I can do all my sweating in the privacy of a gym I can more than happily stay on a treadmill for an hour or so and let my mind wander. A few weights to perk up the breasts and i'll be set.

I know the diet is the big thing and more fruit is probably a good option for me, but then there are so many restaurants, fast food outlets, roadside snack vendors in Thailand, indeed too many temptations of every kind.

So, once more, any ideas on gyms with treadmills in Pattaya, around the Sunee area preferably. cheers. :cheers:

June 4th, 2006, 13:55
So, once more, any ideas on gyms with treadmills in Pattaya, around the Sunee area preferably. cheers. :cheers:

There was a gym in the Day\Night area...Day\Night 3, I think, about across from the Day\Night 2 Hotel. Sorry, don't know what equipment is on hand or if it's still open.

I exercise and avoid calories. It's called the Sex-and-Spit Diet.

A fat friend of mine just had his stomach tied with a balloon,its some new method,not stapling and he has lost 30kg in 6 months.

I wonder how often the balloons need be emptied?....