PDA

View Full Version : New Delhi - from visa thread.

jinks
May 24th, 2013, 16:48
{soon to be moved - jinks}

When I was young. fit, handsome, and a real traveller.
I did not have sufficient pages for an Afghan Visa (they at this time wanted two clear facing pages)
I had to renew my passport early and for the next 10 years got dirty looks at frontiers because it was issued in New Delhi.

scottish-guy
May 24th, 2013, 17:09
I lasted 48hrs hours in New Delhi - then I had to get out (to BKK).

It was disgusting - and I don't mean in a sexual way - far from it.

Nirish guy
May 24th, 2013, 17:29
At the risk of going off topic can I ask how long ago was that SG as I was half debating maybe doing a stop over in India on my way to "somewhere" as yet undecided in July. And I'm assuming you're talking about just dirty and grimy etc in general and not any one particular hotel etc ? Actually perhaps this SHOULD be a new thread or PM, feel free to do either, sorry for going off topic OP.

timmberty
May 24th, 2013, 17:37
ni try goa .. a wondeful place, an hours flight from mumbai ... the people there are very friendly, tho very little gay action.
its india without the india .. candolim or calagute or baga, are the best places to stay, and all just a short bus or taxi ride from the goan capital ...

scottish-guy
May 24th, 2013, 17:56
NIrish, it was about 2 years ago - and yes ...general squalor, and no rumpy-pumpy whatsoever.

Got kidnapped by Police taxi service on arrival.
After a 2 hour tour of the City and a visit to a fake Govt Tourist Inspector who sat and "talked" into a disconnected phone, we finally reached the hotel.
The hotel's idea of a drink was a bottle of beer to be drank sitting on your bed.

Went outside that night - every taxi was a vastly different price (up to 500% variation).
Every taxi driver took you to your destination via his "cousin's" shop!!
City Centre streets were basically slums - absolutely disgusting.

Next day got chased round City Centre by herds of begging children and women.

Got back to hotel and booked flight to BKK.

:sign5:

Apologies for OT - maybe jinks can split thread.

Nirish guy
May 25th, 2013, 00:26
and no rumpy-pumpy whatsoever.

And suddenly my initial interest in Goa just waned for some strange reason ! :)