PDA

View Full Version : a quick bar hopping session in Boystown

vnman
May 23rd, 2013, 22:56
if i think real hard i might remember the day that this took place but who really cares. It was somewhere last week on a week day. I wanted to be early so I entered boystown around 8pm. It was very surprising that the bars were not open yet. At least toy boys and funny boys were not. I later asked a boy and he said 8.30 but he worked in Sunee so i still don't know what the official working hours are.

So after walking over to pattayaland 1, Louie from lucky 7 spotted me and asked me to come in for a drink. Same problem there, they were not quite ready and it must have been 8.20 by then. When I came in the boys (and there were only a few, max 10) jumped on stage and a waiter scrambled over to take my order. Nothing interesting for me there. Louie told me that toyboys would be the place for me. He knows what I like: smooth slim boys that aren't macho but just boyish.

So i walked over to toy boys and was really disappointing. Same problem. Only a hand full of boys and none of them worth offing so early in the evening. I had a quick drink and went across the street to happy boys. I know they have a small stage but i can tell you that it was packed with boys. Some were pretty cute but again, same problem, none of them really cute enough to off so early in the evening. However, one very slim boy definitely had my attention. i forgot his number but I'm sure you can't miss him. Very small and very slim but with a little mustache. Strange combination. anyway, one drink and I left.

Now I need to open a map on Nicky's website because I can't remember names of the other bars.

Back to pattaya land 1. Underway I stopped at Vasa and had a look inside. They had some fem boys but i didn't feel like staying for a drink. I went on to Kawai boys. Not sure but they had probably 7 or 8 boys in there. 2 cuties were competing for my attention. I already knew that I wouldn't take them off but I appreciated they effort they put in. I could finish my drink in peace with anyone bothering me or asking me for something. After giving both boys 100 baht i went over to Cupidol. That was really empty and just a few boys. None of them was remotely interesting for me but one. he was about 25 or 26, might have been older, but he seemed to be enjoying what he was doing. Dancing, smiling and overall just giving positive energy. to bad that that has become rare these days. The person i was with bought him a drink and they had a little talk after which we left to another part of town.

i will stop here because in that part of town I've seen things, horrible things that I'm trying to forget. The horror!

My conclusion for the bars that i have visited would be NO BOYS accept in Funny boys.

Sorry that i can't be more descriptive guys but it has been a week. I tried to post this last week but I couldn't get logged in and i didn't think of typing it up in word. I can only remember if I've seen something cute or not, but I can't remember the type of boys that were working.

rifraf
May 25th, 2013, 13:10
Vnman, thanks for your rather entertaining report. I think the bars in Boyz Town open at 8:30 p.m. and close at either 1:00 a.m. or 2:00 a.m.

I do have to strongly agree with you that it is no easy feat to find bars with a wide selection of young men. Funnyboys always seem to be a welcomed exception.

I still prefer spending my time at the late night clubs, but 'offing' guys there costs a bundle, so I just avoid it, or make alternative arrangements. I also have grown weary of the constant coyote requests for drinks (in NAB this usually means two per guy). But overall the clubs have more energy, creativity and a higher level fun factor.

My friends and I usually go to one or both of the X-boys bars to catch the show then head out to the clubs in Pattaya. We are more and more spending our weekends having house parties, or going somewhere outside of Pattaya that interests us. After living here for awhile, if you don't mix it up a bit, things become very routine and boring like anywhere else in the world.

arsenal
May 25th, 2013, 14:07
Rifraf: Offing boys from late night clubs costs a bundle you say. You're not kidding. Dave Man Club quoted me 1600 Baht off fee for a Coyote boy.

timmberty
May 25th, 2013, 14:13
are the boys you off from these clubs any better than regular bars ? or the beach ... i saw a super hot guy on the beach couple of weeks ago ... had a little chat with him and would have asked him back if he hadnt of been a bit pissed, and that would have been a nothing off fee ... or do the clubs reply on most of their punters being so pissed they forget how much money 1500 baht is ?

rifraf
May 25th, 2013, 14:30
Pissed out of your mind, desperate, or plain ol' ingnorant I guess. A few are hot guys, but most are just average. No different than the bars really. Certainly not worth 1500-4000 baht in 'off' fees. Most Coyotes make arrangements with customers to meet up after work, though, avoiding having them pay the rather prohibitive 'off' fees.

Interestingly, unlike the bars, most customers in the clubs are Thais. Ladyboys and hi-so Thai men especially seem to go to these clubs to 'off' guys.

So, when it comes to 'off' fees the bars deserve a thumbs up. Now, if only they can figure out how to increase their selection of guys.

arsenal
May 25th, 2013, 14:46
Pretty much the same as far as I'm concerned. In fact the price is so wildly above the going rate in gogo bars that it suggests these clubs don't actually want you to off their staff.

rifraf
May 25th, 2013, 16:42
Arsenal, therein lies the rub. A mamasan in an agogo bar would drool at the mouth if she could have an empty stage of dancers brought on by 'offs'. But the clubs do see it differently. Dave being the exception, as it does operate more like an after hours agogo bar than a traditional club. NAB and Idol seem to prefer the Coyotes up on the stage strutting and shaking their stuff. Plus, annoying customers to buy them drinks.

newalaan2
May 26th, 2013, 05:38
but I appreciated they effort they put in. I could finish my drink in peace with anyone bothering me or asking me for something. After giving both boys 100 baht i went over to Cupidol.
Thanks for the update "vnman" always appreciated. Good to see visitors tipping guys Bt100 when they put in extra effort, something I always feel worth an extra tip myself.

none of them was remotely interesting for me.......none of them worth offing............2 cuties were competing for my attention. I already knew that I wouldn't take them off..............Nothing interesting for me there..........................Some were pretty cute but again, same problem, none of them really cute enough to off
Just how cute do 'cute guys' have to be to to match up to the expectations and tastes of "vnman", you must be quite a catch for the working boys lucky enough to get your attention given the amount of those cute 'but not cute enough' boys you turn down, what's the issue offing "so early in the evening" got to do with your potential choices?

I still prefer spending my time at the late night clubs, but 'offing' guys there costs a bundle, so I just avoid it, or make alternative arrangements
Why off coyotes when there are a ton of cute gay boy customers around the tables? I've never bothered with coyotes, if they really were interested in making their money from offs and sex with customers they'd probably work in agogos. Often they have higher opinions of themselves than meet expectations, and don't give off much gay chemistry. Not condusive to a satisfactory evening of sex I would think.

are the boys you off from these clubs any better than regular bars ? or the beach ... i saw a super hot guy on the beach couple of weeks ago ... had a little chat with him and would have asked him back if he hadnt of been a bit pissed, and that would have been a nothing off fee ... or do the clubs reply on most of their punters being so pissed they forget how much money 1500 baht is ?
Personally I don't think they are any better than the guys working in the agogos and bars or are even more preferable than the gay thai customers in the clubs. I find they can be a bit stand-offish and very aggressive in terms of hassling for drinks with not much honesty in their flirting, really pak-wan/sweet talking merchants. Often they have no intention of going with farang customers in clubs as they have a big enough following of cute thai guys and Thai hiso's after them, they just tempt farangs as far as they can to get as much drinks off them as possible, tending to make their earnings from drinks and tips rather than sexual services. This info is based on a few coyotes I know on a personal basis.

Maybe colmx or martin911 would have more info on this side of coyotes which may differ from my own experiences, the few coyotes I know personally in the clubs all just seem a world away from the way agogo guys and bar guys interact with farangs. In the clubs a lot of interaction is pure show from both farangs and coyotes with the coyotes cashing in on the 'show' aspect of farangs being seen with the guys from stage. Even thai customers who show a bit of interest never seem to take off coyotes. It's even more false than anything which goes on in the bars. IMHO.

firecat69
May 26th, 2013, 14:51
Vnman, thanks for your rather entertaining report. I think the bars in Boyz Town open at 8:30 p.m. and close at either 1:00 a.m. or 2:00 a.m.

I do have to strongly agree with you that it is no easy feat to find bars with a wide selection of young men. Funnyboys always seem to be a welcomed exception.

I still prefer spending my time at the late night clubs, but 'offing' guys there costs a bundle, so I just avoid it, or make alternative arrangements. I also have grown weary of the constant coyote requests for drinks (in NAB this usually means two per guy). But overall the clubs have more energy, creativity and a higher level fun factor.

My friends and I usually go to one or both of the X-boys bars to catch the show then head out to the clubs in Pattaya. We are more and more spending our weekends having house parties, or going somewhere outside of Pattaya that interests us. After living here for awhile, if you don't mix it up a bit, things become very routine and boring like anywhere else in the world.

I guess it depends what you are looking for. Between Funny Boys and ToyBoys across the Soi there are always at least 60 to choose from and some nights many more. Rare that I don't see many possibles in these exceptionally well run and successful bars.

rifraf
May 26th, 2013, 16:43
Firecat69, I fully agree with you that those two bars, Happy Place, A-Bomb and the two X-Boys bars are usually well-staffed with guys, indeed. The other bars tend to struggle with staff numbers, though.

I usually reach Boyz Town rather late in the evening after work and head straight to X-Boys for a drink and to watch the late show. When time permits, I do visit Funny Boys bar. I have only been to ToyBoys a couple of times. It is a good bar, but I prefer spending time with Mama Rose and her dancers.

christianpfc
May 26th, 2013, 20:30
none of them was remotely interesting for me.......none of them worth offing............2 cuties were competing for my attention. I already knew that I wouldn't take them off..............Nothing interesting for me there..........................Some were pretty cute but again, same problem, none of them really cute enough to off
Just how cute do 'cute guys' have to be to to match up to the expectations and tastes of "vnman", you must be quite a catch for the working boys lucky enough to get your attention given the amount of those cute 'but not cute enough' boys you turn down, what's the issue offing "so early in the evening" got to do with your potential choices?

Although this question is directed at vnman, I am in a similar situation. In a night of bar-hopping, I usually come across a few guys who might be worth an off, but you never know if it might get better. The moments "I want this one, now!" are very rare (had two of them this year, the second one turned out to be non-offable, see separate topic). So the offability of a boy is calculated for each boy and depends, among other factors, from the time and his cuteness. From 8-10 it's too early, someone better might cross my path. From 10-12 is the right time, after midnight I have to worry to be left on the shelf (i.e. have to go home alone). Sometimes I go back for a boy I saw earlier that night (and sometimes he is gone!), sometimes it stays at "I might off this one another day" and I go home alone.

martin911
May 26th, 2013, 23:14
newA I dont think your opinion of coyotes as a. group is fair or even correct
your perecption is that they are there to be bought for sex in the same way as a gogo boy is what skews it from the start inmho

I dont think you can compare coyotes and gogo boys on a simple like for like basis -- because they are different products for a different market so to speak (apart from Dave I guess )
in most gay clubs the managenment dont want the coyotes been taken off - leaving holes in the dancers lineup as the nite goes on and as the cutest would be offed first etc
coyotes are there to dance and provide entertainment for the clubbers, also to interact with the clubbers on the floor, drinking, chatting, flirting selling drinks and to draw guys and girls in the door in the first place - they are part of the show
whereas a gogo boy is there with the sole purpose to be sold for sex with whoever customer comes inthe door, as many times as possible in the course of a nite - thats it, simple as that
(one guy I know very well told me whenhe first started in sunne at the ripe age of a year short of the legal age he was reg pulling in 10,000 a nite - justsomething to think about the next time we are with a boy we have offed and he is mabye a little tired or unenthusastic etc )
I dont think you can say that guys with a higher opinion of themselves are coyotes rather than being a gogoboy - its stillnot the nicest job in the world to go on stage in shorts and be subjected to drunken groping half the nite (full nites when colmx is in town :occasion9: )
Guys become coyotes mainly because they follow friends NOT because they have elevated self opinions of themselves - just like guys work in gogo bars - they follow. where friends work - its that simple!!!!

You say that you find coyotes are more standoffish than gogo boys - they are not selling their ass in the same way as a gogo boy does so wont fawn all over farang customers in the same way for that fact alone -so that means in essence that you are not getting the same attention from them - in its own way does that not make it more a realastic interaction rather than a "fake " as you described in your own post?????

all coyotes get good money on salary and drink tips so wont be pushing to go with customers - unless of course the chemistery is there in the first place
!!

latintopxxx
May 27th, 2013, 21:22
..a good coyote has to have personality...selling arse is easy...but giving the impression that tiy may..and making the punters want to buy you drinks all night...takes skill...

vnman
May 30th, 2013, 18:19
Thanks for answer that question directed to me Christian. It's indeed like you say. He is cute bt it's so early, I might well do better. I'm used to Vietnam were its not hard to get a pretty decent looking guy for free. From that perspective, I've grown to expect more from pay dates. However, we're not in Vietnam and things work differently here. Still, I'm not that desperate and can easily go home alone. But early in the evening you really have to stand out.

I found a boy in boys town two days ago and he was absolutely perfect. Looks, attitude en in bed. They are still there, only not as many as before.

Coyote boys, higher quality? In all my time here in pattaya I have only seen two that I liked, so for me they are not that special. That same 400 baht For a coyote drink bought me a drink and a private show in one of the beer bars in sunnee. No, we can't compare the two but I just like say where I rather spend my money.

Arsenal, 1600....that makes me feel better about myself because they quoted me 1500 hehehe.

On another note...I went to dj on Saturday. It was packed but It was also very stinky. Especially near the bar upstairs. Lots of people came over for a quick chat which was quite nice. After I went to god and it was also packed. I met a guy.mwe went eating and back to the loom. I was clear that I didn't want sex, to drunk. We talked a bit and I fell a sleep. Doorman called and woke me. Quick check if nothing was missing, and nothing was. Boy went home, no name no number lol.

Tonight I wanna give jomtien a try!