PDA

View Full Version : Buying clothes for my larger friend in Pattaya...... ;-)

donald1
May 21st, 2013, 13:01
I was looking for some white undershirts (wifebeater style) at Tesco
but seems the largest they carry is XL (40" chest) My chest is 46".
Any suggestions on where to procure a larger size garment?
Thanks

corky
May 21st, 2013, 13:13
I am through with shopping around for things that fit 'Off the Peg' in Thailand.
I use a tailor to make my shirts and trousers and for the rest I buy on EBay and get it posted here.

Marsilius
May 21st, 2013, 14:04
Shoes are also a problem. You see lots of really attractive ones at good prices, but they don't seem to be available in sizes greater than size 10 (UK) / 43 (European). I know that Thai people are generally more slightly built than farang men and usually have smaller feet, but wouldn't it make good business sense for the more up-market - and higher priced - footwear to cater to big-feet farang customers too?

christianpfc
May 21st, 2013, 14:09
I once found a pair of shoes I liked (price and style), but they were not available in my size. So now I check for size first (EU 44 or 45), and had no problem to find shoes I like and can afford.

There are oversize (obese) Thais around, yesterday I saw a man, I thought of taking a picture, amazing that he can still walk. Where do they get clothes?

timmberty
May 21st, 2013, 14:11
market forces ? how many big footed farang would need to be buying large sized shoes to make it work making the bigger size ? spend couple hundred million baht to set up production and sell 10 or 20 pairs a month, how many farang even have +10 size feet ? not that many i'd imagine. i sure if it was marketable it would have been done by now.
like corky says theres nothing you cant get on ebay now, so why the worry. and would you expect a pair of thai made shoes to last long.

There are oversize (obese) Thais around, yesterday I saw a man, I thought of taking a picture, amazing that he can still walk. Where do they get clothes?
i look forward to the stories of you two getting together and going out trying to find some decent cock!!

donald if you cant find clothes to fit, how about trying to fit the clothes you can find.
i'm just a wee fella but the couple of days i spent in bangkok was murder because of the heat. for a big guy like yourself it must be hellish?
i was thinking about not taking the job offer i got in bangkok because of the heat, but now im back in england i've already emailed to say i'll take it .. 12 degrees and its almost summer .. thanks.

bucknaway
May 21st, 2013, 16:18
Try the export shops found in almost every mall. They often have the larger sizes you are looking for

Narakmak
May 21st, 2013, 17:25
Thanks
You can get 44 wifebeaters at Big C Extra, Pattaya Klang, and sometimes at Big C Royal Garden (not always in stock there).
However 46 undershirts I have seen nowhere never in Pattaya! Sorry. That sucks.

Narakmak
May 22nd, 2013, 12:16
Thanks
You can get 44 wifebeaters at Big C Extra, Pattaya Klang, and sometimes at Big C Royal Garden (not always in stock there).
However 46 undershirts I have seen nowhere never in Pattaya! Sorry. That sucks.
Correction: For Big C Royal Garden I meant Big C Central Festival. There is no Big C at Royal Garden.

donald1
May 22nd, 2013, 16:37
Thanks guys. Big C is the answer. Should have known the answer is in the name.

Timmberty...thanks for the words. That is part of the plan but still need to clothe
the present body until that happens.

Narakmak
May 22nd, 2013, 23:39
Try the export shops found in almost every mall. They often have the larger sizes you are looking for
Less than you think and never wife beaters.
BTW, a few of the wife beater lines sold at big stores like Big C do indicate that they manufacturer 46 size. But I have never seen any in stock in Pattaya, never, ever, and not expecting to either.

painai2
May 23rd, 2013, 07:58
All I know is that I wear a Thai XL waist, which is actually a 32 inch size waist. I wear a Thai medium shirt, and that's a very small medium in the states.

Narakmak
May 23rd, 2013, 18:08
All I know is that I wear a Thai XL waist, which is actually a 32 inch size waist. I wear a Thai medium shirt, and that's a very small medium in the states.
That's why you have to go by numbers and/or try on stuff. The letter sizes very by country. A Thai XL is of course much smaller than an American XL. But 44 chest is 44 chest everywhere. Also note the so called export shops stock a lot of factory rejects with some flaws not good enough for export. Which means some of those flaws are size related and the printed size is not correct even if in a number.