PDA

View Full Version : the bondi

timmberty
May 19th, 2013, 20:05
well there i was one sunny afternoon having finished off a few hours on the beach and decided to take a beer in the bondi bar.
as soon as i sat down i could see the manager trying to get my attention and have a boy sit with me, i wanted to sit on my own and just look out on the car park and watch the comings and goings of the lads and lasses clearing up and having their fun.
but the bondi manager didnt want me to sit there and relax ... oh no he wanted me to talk to one of his boys, once my drink was delivered the first boy came and sat next to me ... the usual where you from followed ... im not from anywhere i just want to sit and drink thanks, i said in my very upbeat manner ...
then the manager was back, you want to talk to a boy .. no i said i want to be left alone and have a drink . ar you just want to relax .. yes you got it says i ... oh ok how about this boy hes new ... ffs go away and leave me alone i said or something along those lines ... but not to be detured, along comes another one ... where you from ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... i want to drink and relax im from nowhere thank you...
so finally i get to sip my by now warm beer in peace ...
then when i get up to leave over comes the manager .. see you tomorrow he says with a smile ... sure you will says i !!
how miserable and ignorant do you have to be before some people realise you are happy to just sit and watch the world go by at times ?

newalaan2
May 19th, 2013, 20:54
how miserable and ignorant do you have to be before some people realise you are happy to just sit and watch the world go by at times ? We'll leave you to be the judge of that timmy...you're the man for misery! But why are you complaining about Double Shot staff ignoring you/customers and now the Bondi staff for NOT ignoring you...as i said in the other thread...how can the owners and staff win?

But my experience there is different you'll be surprised to find timmy, and of course not just because it's the opposite from yours. That's where I always popped in by for a coffee and beer after an hour or two at the beach in late afternoon...bit cooler then.....that's about 8 days on the trot on the last visit, had excellent prompt service and never once had any member of staff there sit unannounced for any reason or ask to join me.....and I've honestly never seen any approaches to another customer in the time I've visited from about 5pm-7pm. There's never usually enough staff for that, maybe 3 waiters who need to be attending the other customers. Depends the time you went timmberty.

You must be a very special individual timmberty attracting such attention. But I do like the Bondi after the beach. A nice snack there...... is their crackers and cheese platter quite cheap and plentiful. Goes well with beer and coffee. Nice to get an update about places not usually on trip reports. Always appreciate when other's take the time to post after a trip.

timmberty
May 19th, 2013, 20:57
i dont think i said that the double shot staff ignored me did i ? the fact ive never been in means they would have had no reason to talk to me ...
as for the bondi .. we maybe it was all a dream
but thanks now i know why i dont bother with trip reports ... and you have convinced me that will be my last. cheers.

bucknaway
May 19th, 2013, 21:31
Dam timberty, seems that you were getting a dose of your own medicine. Maybe you should be kinder and gentler in your own replies to others now that you realize that you don't like the taste of the small dose of your own medicine?

newalaan2
May 19th, 2013, 22:07
as for the bondi .. we maybe it was all a dream
Goodness sake timmey what do you want? you want me to agree with your experiences just to humour you? You got attention.....i didn't....big deal, nowhere did i say you were bullshitting or telling porkies, I just said my experiences there were different from yours so whats wrong with that? It's not my fault they were different, i even suggested maybe it's because we went at different times of the day. Stop sulking man. That was my experience at Bondi on a few visits and I cant change it just to help to get over your sulk. Maybe there's just something more attractive in your nature than mine. I dunno!

i dont think i said that the double shot staff ignored me
You said.....why would you go to a bar (double shot) with light and music you dont like to be ignored by staff you wont like. You frigging wrote it not me! Stop taking your temper out on posters who point out things you simply dont like. Anyway the point was less about you and more about how difficult it is for bar staff and bar owners to get it right and please everyone. In one you're not pleased because the staff would ignore you, and the next one you're not pleased because they dont ignore you. You're writing it!....not me. Lighten up.

Maybe the next one you post about will be the same experience as mine. Maybe everyone else finds the same experience as you in Bondi....mine was different why would that cause you to 'not to bother' with trip reports. I'm very sorry timmy, i should have lied to keep the peace, would that have suited you better?

arsenal
May 20th, 2013, 11:10
You are a bit of a curmudgeon timmbles. All I ever get in The Bondi is bacon and eggs.

latintopxxx
May 20th, 2013, 18:51
newalan...u could also brush up on your people skills....instead of being so confrontational in your posting u could have said something like ' gee u were pretty lucky, when I pop into the bondi all I get is cheese and crackers...like what am I doing wrong" ......

andrewcraig
May 29th, 2013, 06:52
me and my mates enjoyed bondi but never knew you could get short time rooms there. we often use bamboo and use rooms in soi behind the bar, but bondi looks better and not as obvious. we travel with two straight guys who will sit in the bar whilst we are looked after. they have been known to go with katoyes but dont like bamboo when by themselves.
we have had the free sunday night roast dinners at bondi a few times now and it is good fun to just have some beers and sing along with the group

egel
May 30th, 2013, 04:20
we have had the free sunday night roast dinners at bondi a few times now

What free Sunday Roast Dinner?

andrewcraig
May 30th, 2013, 06:03
they used to have a roasted pig night free every sunday night we loved that , good meal and we stayed for the show.

damn shame if that is gone.