PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Cambodia

dallasmisfit
May 18th, 2013, 07:25
Hello everyone,

New here so please bear with me.

I am thinking of moving to Cambodia, and would like any info on relocation guidelines, relocaters and all.
Sianoukeville, Spelling?, is my destination.

I have a housefull of furniture and 2 dogs, and 125cc motorbike.

Plus I have no idea about paperwork and so on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gene

lonelywombat
May 19th, 2013, 08:34
I think this forum is more for tourists, but a better place for you to go would be

http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum

I would contact the owner of the gay restaurant there and ask for help.

http://www.cheers-cambodia.com/index.php

They go on leave for all June for staff holiday. Best to contact him straight away.

Ideally it could be the start point for you, to base yourself and commence looking around, if he accepts your dogs

BTW what are your dogs.

dallasmisfit
May 19th, 2013, 12:26
Hi Lonelywombat,

Thanks for the reply. I will contact them today and as you said start from there.
I have 2 Chihuahuas, Rita and Chico. More like rugrats though.

Well, as I said, please bear with me.
I thought this post would appear in the Gay Thailand section. How do I move it there in order to get a response from Pattayans who have done this, or at least explored it?
AAHHHHH, the pleasures of childbirth and raising him right.

Thanks guys, Gene

Janus
May 19th, 2013, 13:28
Just to get a very quick knowledge of the daily life in Cambodia I can recommend the book: "CAMBODIAS CURSE a moderne history of a troubled land" by Joel Brinkley. It is published in 2011 and gives the stories of a people living in a country divided between a thousand year old way of life and an attempt to catch up with the new millenium with corruption and violence.

joe552
May 20th, 2013, 17:36
Not sure if this will be of any use to you, but my brother moved to Snooky about 3 years ago. He uses an annual business visa which I think costs a couple of hundred dollars. He doesn't have to do visa run which he would do if living in Thailand.

fedssocr
May 21st, 2013, 09:03
Have you been there before? Certainly before making any decisions I would say spend at least a couple of months to see if it's a good fit for you.

goji
May 23rd, 2013, 05:18
I would spend at least 2 weeks in Siem Reap, the Phnom Penh & finally Snooky before making any decisions (min 6 weeks).

adman5000
May 23rd, 2013, 06:30
My biggest concern about moving to Cambodia was the lack of quality medical care and health services. I regard Thailand's healthcare system (cities) as very good - excellent.

May 23rd, 2013, 15:21
Agree with adman500, I hear Cambodia is not somewhere you want to have a serious illness or accident and end up in hospital. A simple search on a site like InterNations or another ex-pat site will highlight that pretty quickly. I understand anything more serious than an ingrowing toenail results in a medi-vac to Singapore or Bangkok.

cottmann
June 2nd, 2013, 07:38
My biggest concern about moving to Cambodia was the lack of quality medical care and health services. I regard Thailand's healthcare system (cities) as very good - excellent.

I don't know how good it is, but the Royal Angkor International Hospital in Siem Reap says it is affiliated with the Bangkok Hospital Medical Center. The Royal Rattanak Hospital in Phnom Penh is also part of the Bangkok Hospital group, according to its website. If I were considering relocating to Cambodia, I'd investigate both of these hospitals to check on their facilities, services, and staff qualifications.

dallasmisfit
June 2nd, 2013, 08:52
Well thanks everyone,

Lots of things to consider. Health care being the most important.

Yes I have visited Cambodia many times and loved it.

But will have to give second and maybe even third thoughts.

Again, Thanks to all,

Gene

June 22nd, 2013, 11:38
Here's an interesting article on the treatment of cronic diseases in Cambodie including diabetes. That article saya the public health system in Cambodia is "not fit for purpose" http://www.capacity.org/capacity/opencm ... bodia.html (http://www.capacity.org/capacity/opencms/en/topics/health-systems/accessible-care-for-diabetes-in-cambodia.html)

Sooty
June 22nd, 2013, 11:53
I don't know how good it is, but the Royal Angkor International Hospital in Siem Reap says it is affiliated with the Bangkok Hospital Medical Center. I recalled reading something about this hospital and here it is. Better reviews on TripAdvisor

http://cambodiacalling.blogspot.com.au/ ... pital.html (http://cambodiacalling.blogspot.com.au/2009/12/siem-reap-clinic-vs-hospital.html)

Surfcrest
June 27th, 2013, 13:42
I think this forum is more for tourists, but a better place for you to go would be

http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum

In fact Gene, two threads that might be of particular interest to you are;

http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30766&p=402131#p402131

http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31149&p=407493#p407493

Are you looking for information on dialysis , because this thread covers that topic quite wellтАж.and lots of extras about your dogsтАж..or FlintstoneтАЩs dogsтАж.I get so confused.

Ta ta!

Surfcrest

witchhunt
June 29th, 2013, 11:45
Over dinner last night it was pointed out that Gene aka as dallasmisfit, daboss and many other names, whilst bashing Sawatdee on his bitch board was actually posting here seeking advice, after the sale
On top of it all the poster who gave him the link to the Cambodian equivalent of ThaiVisa, Lonelywombat ,was having shit thrown at him by Flintstone on his board, but that did not stop FS using the link

I checked it out today. The fact is Neal responded to the link given by LW on 2 June and applied to http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/ to become a member. FS now has 17 postings on his need for medical support using his recent name of Flintstone. A lot of his financial position is published. Most of his posts are in Travel /urgent visa help needed

I knew him when he was still living in suite accomodation at Ambiance Hotel in Boyztown. It seems now he has he walked away from the bar, and sold the board for what was a little over one months dialysis. The financial situation he now finds himself in is not the fault of Sawatdee or the new owner. But he obviously wont agree. All the world is against him

bigwag
June 29th, 2013, 22:37
just went and had a look at the khmer440 website...seems they have woken up to Neal already...are calling him dumb and a troll...amongst other things. Poor guy...he's even managed to turn them off and he's only just begun to post there. We can now expect him to flood the board as he does everywhere with his incomprehensible posts. One poster even suggested Neals mother tongue was not English...haha!
And the funniest thing of all is that neal says he believes in karma...i wonder what he thinks of his present health problems and lack of friends...yes neal, that is the karma you speak of...and you deserve it all. What goes arounbd comes around...you must have been an absolute asshole to be in your present predicament!

timmberty
June 29th, 2013, 23:13
having read this thread, i am at a loss!!! does anyone belive a poster would do as have been suggested ?
join here as dallas, then join another board about cambodia, using a name everyone knows he uses on yet another board rather than the one he used on here ? confused yet, i am ....
as mad as neal might be, i think there are people on here that make him look 100% sane.

Smiles
June 30th, 2013, 00:18
Just read the thread started by Neal/Flintstone at http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/view ... =6&t=31149 (http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31149).
What a loser!! What a train wreck.
No one could have deserved his predicament more than Himself.

Surfcrest
June 30th, 2013, 01:04
I moved this thread into the Flaming Room....I'm sure the OP understands why.

I find it incredible that he has seemingly gone this far already with this Cambodia plan without doing any research prior.

All this time for nonsense.....calling all the world around him тАЬliarsтАЭ while he drowns before our very eyes in his own cesspool of lies and deceit. All this time for CGT and PBB and all he mud flinging my way, GBтАЩs way, witchhuntтАЩs way, jinkтАЩs way, Smiles way, LonleywombatтАЩs way, ScottyтАЩs wayтАж.and no time to find out about Visas, Vaccines, transportation, accommodation?

He couldnтАЩt even spell the name of the town he was planning to move to (Sihanoukville)....and no tip for the taxi driver?

I go through every membership application to SGT thoroughly, as so does jinks. While you may see some abstract names as new members from time to timeтАжwe are quick to delete any that fail analysisтАжusually within 24 hours or less. Hydras are also pruned or sub managed. Neal, for example would not be able to register with SGT because IтАЩve never deleted his Neal membership. This allows me to receive warnings if he tries to sign up a hydra or for me to know where he is when he's browsing as a guest.
dallasmisfitтАжaka Neal must have registered before the screening process began. I'll be following this one up to see if we have any more.

Surfcrest

scottish-guy
June 30th, 2013, 05:59
Surfy - as far as the former owner is concerned, it seems what you need is plumbing:

[youtube:306pegmb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK0NRgbZVmA[/youtube:306pegmb]

scottish-guy
June 30th, 2013, 11:17
having read this thread, i am at a loss!!! does anyone belive a poster would .....join another board about cambodia, using a name everyone knows he uses .....i think there are people on here that make him look 100% sane.

Well Timmy you must be one of the nutters - because the famous Flintstone has announced over on Bollocks Board that he DID in fact join the Cambodia forum under that very moniker!

Re: Message to Witchunt
by Miss.Sally ┬╗ Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:32 am

....I did join Khemer440...I joined as Flintstone with my regular avatar and said I was moving to Cambodia

So, let's just get the facts correct on that one.

timmberty
June 30th, 2013, 20:59
yes i was quite surprised when i read that ... but i still stand by what i said as miss sally says

What I did NIT do was to post that same crap to s g t and join as this "dallasmisfit"

so who was dallasmissfit ? one of the nutters ?
watching grown men acting like school kids gets wearing after a while, but you all seem to enjoy it so carry on and enjoy. :party

scottish-guy
June 30th, 2013, 21:52
Right, so you have been torpedoed on the "Flintstone" issue by Flintstone/Miss Sally himself - but you still faithfully accept his word on the "Dallasmisfit" ID?

Why?

[attachment=0:1oth5wv9]Timmy.jpg[/attachment:1oth5wv9]

timmberty
June 30th, 2013, 22:11
why ? simple, if he was going to lie about it he would have said it was all lies, not just part of it ... he would have accused someone from here of writting as flintstone over there, so why just lie about a part of it
now if you will excuse me, i shall move on from this childish tittle tattle.

if beachlover can get his beachy side over here then it might become worth reading for his car crash persona. but he seems to save that for the bb. if you want to talk about nutters then that is a 100% cert

scottish-guy
June 30th, 2013, 22:19
Difficult to deny the whole thing when "Flintstone" had posted a great deal of personal information over on the Cambodia board (up to and including his monthly rent!!).

In any event I don't know whether "Dallasmisfit" was him or not - I'm just asking why, in the light of being wrong on the "Flintstone" issue, you believe your judgement on him to be reliable :dontknow:

On your second point - If that vile, sneering "Beachie" persona (who routinely insults lots of SGT members elsewhere) were to be brought over to SGT I would hope it would be deleted within 24 hours.

Whether Beachie on PBB = Beachlover on SGT is another matter. Unfortunately Beachlover has spurned at least 3 opportunities to deny it when asked directly.

christianpfc
June 30th, 2013, 23:14
Over dinner last night it was pointed out that Gene aka as dallasmisfit, daboss and many other names, whilst bashing Sawatdee on his bitch board was actually posting here seeking advice...

Gene? Is that a username on this or another forum or are you referring to his first name, which is Neal as far as I know?

scottish-guy
June 30th, 2013, 23:56
Dallasmisfit "signed" his post "Gene"

Surfcrest
July 1st, 2013, 08:54
dallasmisfitтАжaka Neal must have registered before the screening process began. I'll be following this one up to see if we have any more.
Surfcrest
I can now confirm that dallasmisfit is not Neal.

dallasmisfit = kjun12 = Tierman = canadien = ofage

Your man on the scene,

Gene

Your guess is as good as mine as to why kjun12 is asking on behalf of Neal.
I told kjun12, back when he was deactivated that I would consider reinstating him if he didn't engage in anymore hydra games.
Unfortunately, we'll be saying good bye to Gene permanently now.

Surfcrest

witchhunt
July 1st, 2013, 09:07
Comment on PBB

Postby Miss.Sally ┬╗ Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:31 pm
I loved them all even the comments about me. Very funny and I loved all of them especially Lonely's.

The right to post boring cut and paste news items that are of no interest and news to no one and then claim they have been emailed to you by a nonexistent friend is a right that is reserved strictly for use by the Lonely Wombat, a man sunk so deep in his personal misery that he radiates broadband resentment.

witchhunt
July 1st, 2013, 09:08
I had a look at the PBB non bitch forum and guess what, almost all of the posts were cut and post, just like he is abusing LW for. Went to cruising gay thailand and guess what? All the posts in Gay World have been cut and pasted by Neal this time using the nick Bones and no credit given. Just like the old LMTU

Sooty
July 1st, 2013, 15:22
I find it incredible that he has seemingly gone this far already with this Cambodia plan without doing any research prior.Be fair Surfcrest, this is exactly how he bought SGT - no research, he simply believed he knew what members wanted, went ahead and promptly lost half his original investment. The leopard does not change his spots. He is being completely consistent in his behaviour.

scottish-guy
July 1st, 2013, 15:44
Oh well, after deliberately NOT saying Dallasmisfit was Flintstone:

.....In any event I don't know whether "Dallasmisfit" was him or not....

And after previous thinly-veiled allusions to physical harm befalling Surfcrest and Gaybutton - it seems to be my turn again :

by Miss.Sally ┬╗ Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:37 am

Old Scott the Scottish git .... Wonder when someone is just gonna shut her mouth once and for all next time she is in town?

Well Miss Sally - it certainly won't be you because you wouldn't recognise me if I stood next to you in the street.
One of the most satisfying times was when I sat eating a meal directly across from you and you had no idea.

Anyway, getting back on topic - now that he has opened a thread on "his" PBB about Madame Jim I think he ought to speed up his move to Cambodia - but my prediction is that it will never happen and it's all yet more piss and wind.

bigwag
July 1st, 2013, 16:14
Wonder when someone is just gonna shut her mouth once and for all next time she is in town?

That's exactly what Madame Jim must be thinking! I reckon Neal has well and truely outlived his welcome now in Boyztown...and if he ever ventures back he'll be looking over his shoulder for Madame Jim and her large posse of BoyzBoyzBoyz boys!
What with B lurking behind him biding his time...haha... plus all the enemies he's made Neal must have a death wish. And as for those " thinly-veiled allusions"...they can work both ways. What a total loser!!