PDA

View Full Version : what was part of double shot bar - totally off subject

SmoothLegs
May 4th, 2013, 14:35
Is the Belgium owner a Dutch (Vlaams/Vlamish) or French speaking guy?

If he is from the north a Belgium he would be Dutch speaking other wise only French.
Most dutch speaking Belgium's also can speak reasonable French, but most French Belgium's (south Belgium) can not speak Dutch or even English.

A bar owner should at least be able to speak English and talk to his customers, welcome everybody personally now and then.

If he is French Belgium, he is in between Sky (Alan) and Come In Bar (David), both French owned. Fortunately both owners also can speak reasonable good English and are always involved with their customers.

Anyway as I said in an other topic, I don't think Sunee needs a high class bar, just good nice bars, with nice owners and nice WORKING boys/youngmen.

lukylok
May 4th, 2013, 15:14

If he is from the north a Belgium he would be Dutch speaking other wise only French.
Most dutch speaking Belgium's also can speak reasonable French, but most French Belgium's (south Belgium) can not speak Dutch or even English.

What a lot of rubbish !
When I read your posts, I can see you haven't mastered english either.
Is it your native language ?
The citizens of Belgium are belgians, there are three national languages : Flemish, French and German.
Most belgians speak two or three languages, including english.

Can you say the same from most anglo-saxon people ?

And being in Thailand, how good is your thai ?

MiniMee
May 4th, 2013, 16:26

Yes, and when Flemings and Walloons meet they usually converse in English in order to understand each other!

Krazy4thai
May 4th, 2013, 17:48

What a lot of rubbish !
When I read your posts, I can see you haven't mastered english either.
Is it your native language ?
The citizens of Belgium are belgians, there are three nationalas an Ehlish only speaker, I am guit languages : Flemish, French and German.

Can you say the same from most anglo-saxon people ?

And being in Thailand, how good is your thai ?

Good points lukylok, as an english only speaker myself, I am guilty of expecting the world to respond to me in kind. From my observations most if not all english only speakers expect the boys to have at least a smattering of english, hopefully beyond "short time ? long time"or " me fuck you? you fuck me?". In beer/host bars there is the opportunity to gauge the level of conversation possible whereas in go-go bars it's more pot luck. Once I tried communicate using Google translate however if the boy has no english and therefore no understanding of syntax , and vice versa for the farang, Google translate just cant handle thai - english translation

timmberty
May 14th, 2013, 17:23
ok im sory i didnt know i wasnt allowed to give my thoughts on the place ... maybe if they had a curtain i could have popped my head around it ..
but thanks for your long moan at me being a moaner, thats why i love so many posters on here, and they dont even know they do it !

arsenal
May 14th, 2013, 19:04
lukylok: We don't need to speak foeign languages, the world speaks or is learning to speak English. It's the best language. Which is why you so often hear other Europeans switch from their native tongue to English, because their own language is insufficient for what they want to say.

:occasion9:

christianpfc
May 14th, 2013, 23:22
Haven't read such a bullshit as Arsenal's post in a while.

scottish-guy
May 14th, 2013, 23:28
I think his tongue was firmly in his cheek Christian!!

ceejay
May 15th, 2013, 04:17
I think his tongue was firmly in his cheek Christian!!
Maybe, maybe not. After all, Siemens, one of the biggest companies in Germany, adopted English as there official language some time ago. One of the reasons was that they found English was a more efficient medium for business communication than German (it was actually an Austrian management team that came up with that)

a447
May 15th, 2013, 16:29
Yes, I thought arsenal was talking tongue in cheek, too.

I remember a past German Chancellor - the aptly named Helmut Kohl, perhaps - who said "if we want to sell you something, we'll speak English. But if you want to sell us something, we expect you to speak German."

Makes sense to me.

And as for Siemens, they may have found they were doing most of their business in English-speaking countries. German is an incredibly precise language (e.g. the complicated and very precise verb tenses, the grammatical contortions brought about by the different cases used, etc) so it is hard to believe that they would find English a more efficient medium for communication. I would have thought the opposite.

What do you think, Christian?

timmberty
May 16th, 2013, 03:49
what ever christians thoughts are, i hope they are about the double shot bar ive been savaged for talking about rather than a german chancellor.
lets at least keep the conversation on a new bar in thailand rather than a german chancer ... waits for the bullet :glasses7:

a447
May 16th, 2013, 15:45
Timmberty, in the What is Important t a Thai Guy thread, you posted this:

i would now ask surcrest to see if there is any connection between beachlover and cdnmatt

What has that got to do with the thread??

And on the Jinks Named Interim Moderator thread, you posted this:

this staying on thread lark is stupid to me ... its human nature that threads change

WTF???

I could go on, but you get the picture.

No bullet, just a demonstration of your hypocrisy.

Brad the Impala
May 16th, 2013, 15:56
No bullet, just a demonstration of your hypocrisy.

another demonstration of your hypocrisy

christianpfc
May 17th, 2013, 23:31
I will wait if Arsenal confirms that his comment was a joke.

because their own language is insufficient for what they want to say.

I rather think your brain is insufficient to learn a foreign language and appreciate its difference from English.

I have a strong interest in languages and linguistics, let me share some observations.

When I was studying in England, I read a headline in a newspaper "Teacher invents untippable chair", which stuck me, because we need an entire subordinate sentence in German (Ein Stuhl, mit dem man nicht kippeln kann).

On the other hand, I read in publication in Russian language that I picked up in Pattaya where it said "╨┐╨╛╤Г╠Б╨╢╨╕╨╜╨░╨ , ..." which is the past adverbial participle (perfective aspect) which in English means "After having had dinner...".

That does not mean that German is inferior to English and English inferior to Russian, they are just different!

German was the language of science (chemistry, physics, mathematics) up until the 1930s, only after we lost the war, English rose to its current position.

Current usage of English in advertising in Germany is just fashion (with hilarious results: people don't understand or misunderstand the message). Siemens does most of its business outside of Germany, conducting this business in English makes sense.

Marsilius
May 18th, 2013, 14:41
I have always understood that one of the virtues of English is its comparative simplicity of expression.

In the instance you quote, surely a more normal way for an English speaking person to express "after having had dinner" would be "after dinner". Thus, "after having had dinner, I watched television" becomes "after dinner, I watched television". In that transition, a complex word has become a simple noun.