PDA

View Full Version : Old Posts

Brad the Impala
May 14th, 2013, 00:40
Notice that some returning members have had their post count reduced and are starting again from zero, although they are returning with their original posting name. Does this mean that all their old posts have been deleted under the burn the books regime? Hopefully not.

jinks
May 14th, 2013, 00:49
Not deleted, unfortunately I have tried every toy in box and I cannot link the re-registered name with the old posts in the same name.

Brad the Impala
May 14th, 2013, 01:00
That's great that they're not deleted. Hope that you find a way for them to be accessible. Appreciate that you appreciate their worth.

To save dragging the thread out - Search with the username in keywords not poster. - jinks

Smiles
May 14th, 2013, 01:41
Notice that some returning members have had their post count reduced and are starting again from zero, although they are returning with their original posting name. Does this mean that all their old posts have been deleted under the burn the books regime? Hopefully not.
All mine have gone. What a lot of typing ~ 10 years worth ~ for nothing! :occasion5:

POSTED A BIT LATER:

Not deleted, unfortunately I have tried every toy in box and I cannot link the re-registered name with the old posts in the same name.
Well well well ... thanks jinks. Good tip, they do indeed still exist, somewhere.
Now, what does one do with a post written in 2004?

cdnmatt
May 14th, 2013, 01:49
Don't worry, they can be retrieved, and it's a non-issue. They're just under different User IDs at the moment. For example, Smiles, your current (new) ID# is 50527, and all of your posts are assigned to that ID#.

Your old account was a different ID#, and the old posts are assigned to that ID#. Not a big deal, and easily solvable.

timmberty
May 14th, 2013, 04:00
i guess its only the posters who didnt ever want to post on here again who gave up their user names ??
thats a guess and ?? so its more a question.

Neal
May 14th, 2013, 04:15
PS Smiliey you asked to be deleted. Your posts were never deleted only your name was as requested.

PS SG the other board is not a Bitch board and will not operate like that. While there can't be a search under every applicants name, I do happen to know your email address and the address there was not yours. Scottish-guy was deleted. May I suggest that you go there and register to save the name and if you don't want to, well don't complain.

cdnmatt
May 14th, 2013, 04:18
PS SG the other board is not a Bitch board and will not operate like that. While there can't be a search under every applicants name, I do happen to know your email address and the address there was not yours. Scottish-guy was deleted. May I suggest that you go there and register to save the name and if you don't want to, well don't complain.

There we go. Geez, that happened sooner than I thought. You just admitted you have administrator control over the new board, as you're the one screening applicants. Not much point for you to continue saying "his board" anymore, eh?

Neal
May 14th, 2013, 04:25
I am helping the owner, not THE owner. I have some controls that I can adjust and help but I don't know how to build websites and really have no desire to own one again. You all have taken the Gusto from me. I am there so that I can make adjustments to controls only.

PS.To the above the rules we had gone over may have come from this and another board in general, I think if you look at many of the rues, they were adjusted and revised to meet the needs of that board.

Beachlover
May 14th, 2013, 04:50
I think Neal may have rewrote or reworded the rules when he took over SGF...

There we go. Geez, that happened sooner than I thought. You just admitted you have administrator control over the new board, as you're the one screening applicants.
I know... It's like watching a car accident.

Looks like you're pulling an all-nighter too! How's that crisp morning air in Chiang Mai or wherever you are?

cdnmatt
May 14th, 2013, 20:49
I am helping the owner, not THE owner.

This was posted by "Big Jack", the owner of the new board:

If the question were also aimed at how many boards are needed I would veture to say that it will depend on how mant types of boards are needed to help everyone. It is obvious that there needs to be a Bitch Board for those who like to really cause a rumpus, maybe even two, there needs to be a good news board such as Gay Button who prints the latest of what's going on and there needs to be a gentleman's board for casual talk and information of what is going on. I do hope we can fill that void.

Are you seriously going to tell me that's not your writing? You should be absolutely ashamed of yourself, and also lucky that this is just a Gay Thailand message forum. If this was more of a commercial enterprise, you'd find yourself in court or worse.

Smiles
May 14th, 2013, 21:42
" ... It's like watching a car accident... "
For once (or perhaps twice) we are on the same page. However, I would up the metaphor a notch and call it/him a train wreck.
More potential damage created.
Oddly fascinating actually, if one enjoys rolling one's eyes over lengthy periods of time ... gives off a headache after awhile.