PDA

View Full Version : meeting boys from networking sites

Krazy4thai
May 13th, 2013, 23:35
Since my last visit and in anticipation of my upcoming visit I have become acquainted with a few young lads on a networking site. (not a solely gay oriented site) Should I decide to meet these young men I'm not sure what to expect. Although I have been most emphatic in telling them I am visiting NOT seeking a boyfriend or relationship I haven't been keen to broach the subject of other expectations financial or otherwise. So I'm going in blind for the meets not sure of whether it is expected to be a financial transaction or not. My original motivation I admit was the hope for some interactions which wouldn't involve financial discussions first. It would be nice to occasionally spend a few hours having a quiet drink with someone nice who was there for the drink not simply having a drink as a prelude to an off. and yes there is also a desire/hope to have it go further than a drink. I'm not totally naive and understand that should it be jeans, shoes or some hitherto unknown item, I will be out of pocket for some baht at some stage. As I have mentioned many times before I am not a tightwad (in fact quite the opposite) and am not concerned by this. I guess I am curious as to the experiences, if any, that others have had.
I have noted on numerous occasions in the past that a number of gents use Gayromeo as a networking site, I have also noticed that there is often talk about meeting commercial guys on the site and the disappointments that often followed. I have not bothered with gayromeo due to this perception If I want to meet a money=boy why would I deliberately look for one online. when a short wander in Sunee will surround me with options that don't depend on believing what I have been told online regarding attributes, desires etc etc, In my experience with man-hunting sites here in Oz more often than not they result in disappointment.
Although I haven't asked, I suspect at least one of my net acquaintances is working Sunee or BT as his home is listed as Surin but he spends months at a time in Pattaya, for work as he puts it. It matters not to me as he more than favourably compares in looks at least to many of my previous Sunee/BT assignations, the beauty of the network approach is that should there be disappointment of intent we can walk away and delete from contact lists. Much the same as I am not obligated to off a bar boy just because we've chatted. A couple of encounters where I don't need my wallet in one hand as I wave goodbye would be a refreshing experience in Pattaya.
Am I just too optimistic? I wonder.

adman5000
May 14th, 2013, 07:42
My suggestion would be to give it a try, keep meticulous notes, and then provide some info back to us telling us the results. Trip reports are always of interest. I think an objective evaluation of what your experience was would be interesting reading to me and others I am sure. Looking forward to your report!

christianpfc
May 14th, 2013, 22:38
Could you specify which networking sites you used?

I had some success with camfrog.

scottish-guy
May 14th, 2013, 22:59
Krazy - yes, by all means give it a go.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Krazy4thai
May 15th, 2013, 16:18
Could you specify which networking sites you used?

I had some success with camfrog.

The boys I intend to follow up with are from Tagged.