PDA

View Full Version : I have had PM's re a new forum.Am I the only one?

lonelywombat
May 13th, 2013, 18:38
I somehow cannot understand that as the sale of Sawatdee is going "smoothly" that I am being asked to join a new board.

I am not going to mention more about this except I am angry.

This post is to find out if others have been approached?

Neal
May 13th, 2013, 18:55
First LW you have done WORK for the forum when I had it and we have shared not only many an email and PM but also conversations at the bar. I did not tell you to look at his website for any other reason than contacting someone that might like to see it.

Second I see nothing wrong with telling a few people I considered friends about it in the course of discussions in PMs so I dont know what you are all hyped about. This guy opened a website and he asked to tell some of my friends. I dont see anything wrong in that.

I know it is hard to believe but I have been a member for many years and although you cant believe it, I do have some friends. I thought you were well sort of half and half. I shall ignore your PMs and emails from now on.

cdnmatt
May 13th, 2013, 19:28
Ohhh, Neal, Neal, Neal...

First, you totally throw the forum under the bus for your last couple weeks of tenure, treating it as, and I quote, your "playground". Then once the new owner takes over, you show your appreciation and respect by being bitter and throwing emotional tirades left and right. And now, you're playing Mr. Recruiter for a new board.

Ohhh, man...

Brad the Impala
May 13th, 2013, 19:31
For which of Neal's "friends", and which forum, is he now soliciting posters?

Neal's post is a classic example of his frequent failed attempts at obfuscation.

scottish-guy
May 13th, 2013, 20:04
Let's not pussyfoot around - let's get to the CRUNCH!

Let's just ask Neal directly:

Do you own, or have any financial or administrative involvement in, the Board or the domain name of the Board you are encouraging* SGT members to join*?

A very simple question methinks - and one I suspect many would like answered. Hopefully the answer is"no".

*as per Lonelywombats OP

a447
May 13th, 2013, 20:30
Surfcrest, you have my sympathy. Honestly, you do.

Now you know what many of us have been up against.

Beachlover
May 13th, 2013, 21:03
Whether right or wrong, this was never going to be perceived well. Really not the smartest move, Neal, though I wouldn't say this was your dumbest move either...

Time to replay this amusing video Buckie posted a few days ago... The girl in the chair is Neal and people lining up are all the above members. The woman with the gun reminds me of Jinks LOL.

[youtube:qso2sqz7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvPugcb7QGE[/youtube:qso2sqz7]

I am angry.
Hahahaha... Lonely, you're a wealthy retiree with few responsibilities and probably no need to work... How does this actually affect your life and what could you possibly have to get angry about?

scottish-guy
May 13th, 2013, 22:03
Beachlover - is that you on the new Board - listed as "our newest member" alongside NickysGayPattaya, BoyToy, up2u, ilz, and BIGJack the admin - to mention just a few?

The reason I ask is that disreputable people have been known to clone names.

a447
May 13th, 2013, 22:09
Smoothlegs should make an appearance any time now.

timmberty
May 13th, 2013, 22:18
and these are the self same people telling us all to move on !!! you wonder why people kinda dont get it ?? surcrest you have my deepest.

scottish-guy
May 13th, 2013, 23:13
Smoothlegs should make an appearance any time now.

I'd put money on it.

Timmberty, lonelywombat's original post and the issues raised are entirely current - this is not a matter for "moving on"

Neal
May 13th, 2013, 23:16
Is it no wonder CDnmatt and Brad are the first two to scream foul followed by the 3 musketeers. What a clique they are with each others nose so far up people's butts.
One says something always challenging and the other two are right there supporting the one no matter what. What a laugh. And now we have LW, I am so outragred!
Sure pals and constant PMs and stuff and now you are so outraged! How did you get your nose in there with the others already there?

scottish-guy
May 13th, 2013, 23:20
Your blethers are all very well, but you have avoided the question.

Do you own, or have any financial or administrative involvement in, the Board or the domain name of the Board you are encouraging* SGT members to join*?

Is that a YES or a NO then?

*as alleged by Lonelywombat in his OP

Neal
May 13th, 2013, 23:26
SG you are an evil bitch and I have no desire to address you or any other party of the mod squad nd open up a bitch fight on this or any other subject. You should know better.

scottish-guy
May 13th, 2013, 23:30
It's not a bitch fight - I have called you no names (like you just have) or made any allegations against you.

I have merely asked a straighforward question prompted by Lonelywombat's post - a question I am sure others want to know the answer to.

You seem to be reluctant to answer.

Neal
May 13th, 2013, 23:32
AND actually the reason I did not say anything about it or mention its name on the open board was I never asked. GB has had some people post the name on his board .....oh shit did I just promote GayButton's board??

Well if jinks says it is ok, I will just say the name of his site right here. Well jinksie is mentioning another board against your rules?

I am not reluctant to answer you it is just I am not getting into the wars and the evilness that permiates from every pore in your body. Talk to the hand!

scottish-guy
May 13th, 2013, 23:44
Would you be more forthcoming if somebody else asked you?

Neal
May 13th, 2013, 23:48
I am sorry but is there a moderator around? Achem! Is this not the exact meaning of TROLLING?

scottish-guy
May 13th, 2013, 23:51
Oh well then, clearly the question is too awkward to answer.

I'll take Timmberty's advice and "move on" till we get an answer.

If anybody else is interested and has the balls, they can pursue it.

newalaan2
May 13th, 2013, 23:53
According to Surfcrest when I raised the point in another thread regarding the guidelines on Personal Messages, my understanding was that PM's should be private (as they should be) and not plastered all over the forum, and if one had concerns about PM's they have received they should PM or email the owner/mods. I did ask for clarification if that was an actual rule or just suggestion. Brad was one who said he'd be pissed off if someone revealed one of his PM's. Do we have an issue of double standards here lonelywombat?

A very simple question methinks - and one I suspect many would like answered"

Your blethers are all very well, but you have avoided the question.....is that a yes or a no then?....you seem reluctant to answer
I think it's a little unfair to make that demand of another when you have an outstanding question remain unanswered on another thread. It's a very simple one too, and I'm sure timmberty would like it answered. Your blethers are all very well, but you have avoided the question.....is it a yes or a no?.......You seem reluctant to answer. In fact the question I asked you is along the lines of the same you are badgering Neal for. Do we have an issue of double standards here?

I shall ignore your PMs and emails from now on.
That's the spirit Neal, a strop and sulk, that'll show him! He'll be devistated!

Yet I had a post deleted by Neal with the explanation that "he wasn't having it!" that is..........discussions of other forums on HIS Board! Do we have an issue of double standards here?

I am not instigating a bitch fight here.... because i dont have double standards.

Neal
May 13th, 2013, 23:55
And they will all get the same answer. Its none of thier GD business who is the boss, who is behind it or what little role I may take in it or not unless he decides to tell ya. Achem. Moderator! I am waiting for that answer if I can mention another boards name or is that in the rukes somewhere?

Oh nevermnd everyone always talks about GB including me, and he talks about it and the name openly.

Brad the Impala
May 13th, 2013, 23:58
Oh dear Neal. Your comments on this thread are further evidence, if any were needed, about how little you know about this forum, and it's posters.

Your new forum, and I take it you are "Big Jack", although "Big Dick" might have been more appropriate, is http://www.cruisinggaythailand.com/gay-thailand/welcome-to-cruising-gay-thailand-t25.html. I don't think that I will be offending anyone here by giving the link, but I don't think anyone here will be worrying about the competition. It looks like the format is remarkably similar to this board, even down to the way the forums are defined. The content will be as lacking as your integrity.

Having listened to your sob stories about having to take it easy and sell the board because of your health etc, I trust that you enjoy the opportunity to wallow in your own playpen, like a pig in shit.

Surfcrest
May 13th, 2013, 23:59
I somehow cannot understand that as the sale of Sawatdee is going "smoothly" that I am being asked to join a new board.

I am not going to mention more about this except I am angry.

Lonelywombat,

Please let us know which member sent you this PM or forward it to jinks or I so we can have a look!

Thanks,

Surfcrest

scottish-guy
May 14th, 2013, 00:03
I'll take that as an answer then, Neal.

Actually is IS people's business - because the use of the PM system on this Board to attract people to another Board which you "may" own or may have "a little role" in would be quite outrageous.

Neal
May 14th, 2013, 00:07
I have already said Surf that I sent LW a PM and in fact I sent several as we used to converse quite regularly. Now LW don't miss sending him ALL the PMs so that they get an understanding and of course shall I expect that even though it was part of another PM that of course I expect not to get my hand slapped like anyone else even though I dont feel this was spamming in the least. It will be your ecuse to ban me which I am sure you have been rubbing your hands to do. Thats ok there are cyber cafes and VPNs.

Scottish havent you and the threesome been reading some of your fan mail? I have. There aren't too many people that support you or your "style".

Brad the Impala
May 14th, 2013, 00:15
According to Surfcrest when I raised the point in another thread regarding the guidelines on Personal Messages, my understanding was that PM's should be private (as they should be) and not plastered all over the forum, and if one had concerns about PM's they have received they should PM or email the owner/mods. I did ask for clarification if that was an actual rule or just suggestion. Brad was one who said he'd be pissed off if someone revealed one of his PM's. Do we have an issue of double standards here lonelywombat?

As you quoted me, I would respond by saying that there are some justifiable exceptions, of which this seems to be one.

Another justification would be the competition to see who got the rudest or most pathetic PM from "Dabitch!"

scottish-guy
May 14th, 2013, 00:16
That would be me - guaranteed!

:sign5:

Brad the Impala
May 14th, 2013, 00:22
Surely not in both categories?

Perhaps the competition could be kept in abeyance if Dabitch remains in his playpen.

Smiles
May 14th, 2013, 00:30
." ... Another justification would be the competition to see who got the rudest or most pathetic PM from "Dabitch!" ... "
Sorry SG ... that would probably be me.
Emphasis on the word 'pathetic'.

Sounds like a lot of poisonous PM's were flying in every direction at once ~ to multiple (lucky?) recipients ~ during the previous regime on Sawatdee.

Thank you for that link Brad. I had no idea what Lonelywombat was going on about in the opening post ~ but then, I've hardly ever understood a full post of Wombat's for at least 8 years or more.

Surfcrest, did you ask for a non-competition clause before taking over Sawatdee? :glasses7: The guy has actually copied the Sawatdee Posting Guidelines word for word. Talk about originality ... stealing's easier I suppose.
This comedy show just gets weirder and weirder (thus the multiple edits :blackeye: )

scottish-guy
May 14th, 2013, 00:47
yes

jinks
May 14th, 2013, 00:51
I await with baited breath to be "approved".

I join to prevent some hydra trying to be me.

Beachlover
May 14th, 2013, 01:02
Sorry... forgot to say earlier, yes, Lonely, I was sent that link as well.

Oh man... It's bitchfest season and this is shaping up to be the Mother of all bitchfests. :drunken:

Perfect timing to keep me entertained as I'm having to stay up all night overseeing some contractors.

Even Brad has weighed in with probably the strongest words I've ever seen from him.

Beachlover - is that you on the new Board - listed as "our newest member"... The reason I ask is that disreputable people have been known to clone names.
Yep... I just registered to avoid the hassle of someone else stuffing around with my name later.

Another justification would be the competition to see who got the rudest or most pathetic PM from "Dabitch!
Well if I were ever to revealed some of the stuff I have received he would cop a caning ten times worse than he is getting on this thread now, like a tonne of bricks... Scottish and A447 would have an instant orgasm over it.

Brad the Impala
May 14th, 2013, 01:04
You may bait your breath,.........but I wouldn't hold it!

scottish-guy
May 14th, 2013, 01:21
The servant waits while the master baits.

Jinks has got in apparently.

Meanwhile the newest member is "scottish-guy" - a complete hoax and the same overgrown child playing the same childish games as on PBB.

Brad the Impala
May 14th, 2013, 02:39
AND actually the reason I did not say anything about it or mention its name on the open board was I never asked. GB has had some people post the name on his board

Well you could always have used your new handles of Canadien and Captncrunch, as you did on Gaybuttton, to promote it.

New Board Opening Soon
Postby Canadien ┬╗ Sat May 11, 2013 10:59 am
Word is that a new Gay board will be starting up soon. Do any of you know anything about it?

Re: New Board Opening Soon
Postby captncrunch ┬╗ Sat May 11, 2013 5:05 pm
My friend called me and told me that one was due to open in a few days and that it was to be a gentleman's board. I don't think he has announced the name yet.

Postby captncrunch ┬╗ Sun May 12, 2013 1:50 pm
I have been checking out these boards and they seem to run mild and newsworthy like this one to absolutely bizzare. I am not sure why some people need the craziness of some of these boards, but I guess that's the way it is.

Postby captncrunch ┬╗ Sun May 12, 2013 6:55 pm
I was told that it was going to be called Cuisinggaythailand.com and was open for registration but will not be open for a few more days for posts.

scottish-guy
May 14th, 2013, 02:47
It's poor old Pandora I feel sorry for - her box was nothing compared to the one that's finally opening up now

:hello2:

cdnmatt
May 14th, 2013, 02:53
This is just sad though. Why stoop to this type of level? What's there to gain?

joe552
May 14th, 2013, 02:59
I for one am rapidly losing the will to live with all this shit. And yes, I know I don't have to read it, but what is the fucking point of it all? :dontknow: :crybaby:

Neal
May 14th, 2013, 04:10
All I can say is that I gave Surf everything associated with this board and like a past experienced I could say I got screwed with promises but really who gives a damn as I got the money he agreed to give me. I never would have gotten involved telling people about this new board except for all the broken promises. Oh well. I don't believe the other board, crusinggaythailand.com is in any way competition to this board. This board has as predicted become the extention of the Pattaya Bitch Board and gaycruisingthailand.com is a gentleman's board hich will not, at least I am told, tolerate any of this crap. So..... no competition. Surely you won't believe me but in 2 years I picked up many new members that did not like the old SGT and when this happened a week or two ago and those that were previously controlled all came back with the venom and hate that they left with and they were "allowed" to post well many of those PMedd me and emailed me notes of disappointment They now have another place to go to while the cats and dogs on this forum continue to have thier predicted fights. See, no competition. Be happy with those old members you picked back up but be sad about all those contributing members that are leaving NOT because they heard of a new forum but because they don't want to go back to 2 years ago.

I wonder if I have wasted my time and it will be deleted like so many posts of this moderators past and have already started doing again but for some reason the members have not caught them because he is violating his rues and guidelines by not posting that he did it and why.

Oh and PS The rules and regulations were copied from "other boards". Many other things were taken from other boards.

Beachlover
May 14th, 2013, 04:54
Well you could always have used your new handles of Canadien and Captncrunch, as you did on Gaybuttton, to promote it.
Oh the shame! :sign5:

This is just sad though. Why stoop to this type of level? What's there to gain?
I'm not sure there was any stooping involved in getting to this level. :rolling:

AI got screwed with promises... I never would have gotten involved telling people about this new board except for all the broken promises.
What broken promises are you talking about?

Neal
May 14th, 2013, 04:58
I have no intention of going into them on an open board and I will make it clear that my mama and my daddy died many years ago and I don't recall Brad's or the rest of yours name on my birth certificate. You are not the Pattaya Police and therefore I really don't give a good *** damn what you think you know or believe, I don't have to answer to any of you any more. :laughing3:

newalaan2
May 14th, 2013, 05:37
Yep... I just registered to avoid the hassle of someone else stuffing around with my name later.
Yep....you want to make sure of that, I mean you would obviously be concerned that your 'handle' might be used to make posts which could indicate Beachlover is not all he makes himself out to be, and we could'nt have that could we?...you know things like........hiso non-sex scene boyfriend, plush hotels and restaurants, business tycoon and all....oh sorry that IS the REAL beachlover isn't it? Apologies. Fact and fiction sometimes get a little 'mixed up' don't they? Never mind I'm glad you fixed it so nobody can 'stuff around' with that, you've got your excellent reputation and unquestionable integrity to protect!

But you shouldn't have bothered really, nobody could possibly 'stuff around' with your 'name' any worse than the job you do with it yourself, the original Mr Beachlover. Only joking BL! I am 'genuinely' very relieved you secured it, the very thought of a copy, a fraud, someone who is not all he makes himself out to be.......using the handle Beachlover? Unthinkable! You set my mind at rest.

adman5000
May 14th, 2013, 05:44
I joined this board long before Neal bought it. I will stay with it after he sold it. I would not say I ever had any negative experiences with DaBoss. We may have disagreed on some things and traded an opinion or two. But I never thought less of him because of any of it. We all have our own views.

I also received the PM. It certainly raised some questions in my mind. Maybe there were other behind the scenes things going on, I don't really care. I think the best reference I can provide that captures the way I felt is:

Your reputation is worth more than any amount of money. The choices we make determine our reputation. Once lost it can take a long time to get it back. To have a positive life you need a positive reputation. Think before you do! :glasses7:

I plan to continue posting on this board.

bucknaway
May 14th, 2013, 06:35
I hope we are not witness to an underhanded backstabbing.

travelerjim
May 14th, 2013, 09:52
FYI...
I joined to protect my handle...
tj

Up2U
May 14th, 2013, 10:22
FYI...
I joined to protect my handle...
tj

Ditto

Khor tose
May 14th, 2013, 12:05
I for one am rapidly losing the will to live with all this shit. And yes, I know I don't have to read it, but what is the fucking point of it all? :dontknow: :crybaby:

Joe, thank you for the smile and the laugh. You've made it possible for me to get through this thread. :notworthy:

kjun12
May 14th, 2013, 14:51
This started as an inquiry about a new board but has developed into a bitch fight amongst those who often get involved in such antics. Since the inception of the new ownership of this board I have tried my best to keep my behavior on an even keel and not allow myself to get into personal attacks. Honestly, this has been difficult. Some members persist in personal attacks on others and certainly me.

I have no knowledge of who owns the new board nor do I care. Why anyone cares who promotes it is silly. Anyone can start a board. It's success will be judged by participation. Why start a fight about it?

scottish-guy
May 14th, 2013, 15:16
kjun12 - are you seriously saying you don't see the issue here?

Really?

Sooty
May 14th, 2013, 15:59
I haven't received an invitation and frankly care so little about whether people want to impersonate me on some other Board I'll never visit that it is of no consequence. Mind you I haven't had so much fun in a long time reading the posts since Neal departed as owner - didn't he in fact flounce out in one post, only to return? As the saying goes "It ain't over until the Fat Lady sings". So how about a song, Neal?

arsenal
May 14th, 2013, 16:07
Must say I am a little disappointed not to be invited to this new and exclusive gentleman's posting club.

catawampuscat
May 14th, 2013, 16:09
Queerer and queerer...

newalaan2
May 14th, 2013, 16:15
I hope we are not witness to an underhanded backstabbing.
If Neal is the guilty party and there has been 'backstabbing' I sincerely hope we are witness! You'll find me in the front row chomping on my popcorn. You've got to admit this thread has an entertainment element, what with Neal as cheif 'baddie' and one ego desperate to cash in on having an audience, a couple of drama queens as well as those with genuine cause it's a cross between a pantomime, farce and tradgedy all on one thread. Great!

Why anyone cares who promotes it is silly. Anyone can start a board. It's success will be judged by participation. Why start a fight about it?
It's called a feeding-frenzy kjun12. Lets be honest Neal's conduct as owner is going to attract negative press and it will be deserved due to hypocracy if nothing else. I dont think it's a great issue Neal sending PM's, they are private one-to-one interactions and should not really be the concern of anyone esle other than the sender or receiver. They are there as a feature to be used with no restirictions on what the content should or should not be from what I can see, unless its to threaten or attack. I personally dont think it's an issue that Neal has contacted a few on here by PM that's up to him.

But some, or rather one in particular is just taking the chance to use the 'opportunity' to position himself at the "centre of attention" as usual! with that usual suspect racing to the front of the Q to be chief inquisitor, considering he's been back all of 2 minutes and has outstanding unresolved issues of his own on this very forum the hypocracy is simply and spectacularly breathtaking, while some of the others who have remained loyal to SGF and have been crapped on from a great height by Neal probably deserve the chance to expose his hypocracy. Lonely wombat's apparent 'anger' (anger for goodness knows what? receiving a bloody PM?) is just down to the fact he likes to be seen as the first to inform with a bit of exaggerated drama thrown in.

Morally, it was probably very ill-advised of Neal to do it but all those who received PM's would have found out anyway so not particularly a big deal except for those who want to make it so. Having had a look at the new Board, I cant believe for a second Neal has had anything to do with the actual setting up anyway, it's WAY beyond his capabilities that's for certain.

Brad was certainly correct to question Neals' participation in a new Board, irrespective what that involvment, based on the incessant volume of sob stories from Neal and his apologists who claimed involvment in a Board made him stressed and impacted his health. Neal as he has now admitted has used it to 'get back' at the owner for annoying him in some manner and Neal in his true style, simply HAS to get retribution and petty vindictive revenge just as he used the board for when he was owner himself. I just see it as yet another example of a typical Neal betrayal but they are so damn common nowadays as to now have little real effect for me.

arsenal
May 14th, 2013, 16:43
Neal loves to fight on this and now this new board. He thrives in the arena and I suspect, heartily enjoys the supposed fury of those he fights with.

scottish-guy
May 14th, 2013, 17:32
Queerer and queerer...

catawampuscat - "you" are posting on the new board - a very stilted review of a Pattaya gogo bar - just thought you might want to know in case it's not actually you.

newalaan2
May 14th, 2013, 17:49
Neal loves to fight on this and now this new board. He thrives in the arena and I suspect, heartily enjoys the supposed fury of those he fights with.
You are probably correct that he is perfectly happy to be involved in fights, he did that long before he took over the forum as justme and whatever other handle he had on the old forum. I dont know about 'thrives' he is more of a knee-jerk angry red mist type of responder, in PM's that's usually followed by a 'i'm sorry i just get mad' type of apologising PM quite soon after or in repose to a PM to advise him to calm down for his own good.

To be honest on this occassion he did'nt actually start the 'fight' he just responded in anger at the response in what he saw as no big issue sending a PM, everybody he PM'd were going to find out about the new Board at some point anyway. Bit of a storm in a thimble really.

ainamor
May 14th, 2013, 17:58
For Christ's sake someone has started a new board yet everyone responds as he has started WW3.

What's the big deal that has made all of the queens rise in unison against the board?

If you don't like the board then don't read it and don't join the board.

If it is going to be a haven from the rantings and self obsessed postings of SG and his ilk then that is a big plus in the new boards favour.

Surfcrest
May 14th, 2013, 17:59
I have already said Surf that I sent LW a PM and in fact I sent several as we used to converse quite regularly.

No, this is not true and it has only been my reading this thread late tonight have I found out what has been going on....and only from you on your first respnse to the OP.

In my opinion....not a very gentlemanly way to start a gentlemenтАЩs club.

I am very proud of the response from you the membership and the overwhelming view of the board on this question of this and ethics. Even the individual who has been actively recruiting on this board by PM has freely admitted it, not requiring us to question whether PM information was revealed after the fact.

Once this matter has been fully and fairly investigated, a suitable response will be forthcoming.

I would like to thank you all for hanging on through these initial bumpy times, the power struggles, I said in my introductory post, that I didnтАЩt want to influence as the owner. Clearly, something needs to be done though to address what I see are some negative influences on the success of this board.

Please take note of my recent тАЬhydraтАЭ post in the Posting Guidelines and Discussions. If you feel that someone is misrepresenting themselves through these means, let me know and I will investigate your concerns.

Thank you,

Surfcrest

timmberty
May 14th, 2013, 18:04
Please take note of my recent тАЬhydraтАЭ post in the Posting Guidelines and Discussions. If you feel that someone is misrepresenting themselves through these means, let me know and I will investigate your concerns.

Thank you,

Surfcrest
well i was going to respond in your hydra post but being as you locked it i'll have to do it here.. this is a serious question so i'd like an answer please.
has a certain member given you a list of hydra's that he thinks are me ? there you are no need for his name, just an easy question to answer.

scottish-guy
May 14th, 2013, 18:14
You are maybe putting surfcrest in the awkward position of inviting him to comment on the contents of what would be a Private Message - and whilst some will argue night and day about how private a private message ought to be, I would personally be very unhappy if something I had said in a PM was to be shared with unintended recipients.

So, if as I suspect, the "certain member" is supposed to be ME, why not just say so and I will answer that exact question.

In fact - don't even bother saying so - the answer is NO.

Surfcrest
May 14th, 2013, 18:30
well i was going to respond in your hydra post but being as you locked it i'll have to do it here.. this is a serious question so i'd like an answer please.
has a certain member given you a list of hydra's that he thinks are me ? there you are no need for his name, just an easy question to answer.
Not awkward a bit. The only information I have relating to you possibly being a hydra has been posted already on the open forum. This is the only information.
I'll post an update in the Posting Guidelines and Discussion forum under hydra management shortly.

Surfcrest

Brad the Impala
May 14th, 2013, 18:42
For Christ's sake someone has started a new board yet everyone responds as he has started WW3.

What's the big deal that has made all of the queens rise in unison against the board?

I think that the issue is one of deliberate dishonesty by the previous owner of this forum, who simultaneously with using his position as owner and moderator on this forum, was sending offensive PMs to regular and valued posters, driving them away and deleting their profiles, not necessarily in that order. He then claimed that he had decided that due to his ill health he was going to have to sell this forum and retire from ownership, while looking for our sympathy in his apparently dire health problems. The ink was barely dry on the sale when he popped up full of life with a new forum, which clearly had not been prepared overnight, and started soliciting members from here, in PMs, to join him there.

This forum has been through the hands of several owners in it's lifetime, and those posters who have stuck with it through thick and thin, believe that what makes a forum is the posters. I think of Owner/Moderators as custodians of that spirit, and it makes me angry when someone acts in such a duplicitous way. When confronted with this he responded in a disingenuous and belligerent way, rather than coming clean, which has only fanned the flames.

lonelywombat
May 14th, 2013, 19:09
Surfcrest, from the original poster, I think you have a very clear idea of what the regulars are thinking.

It is time to close the thread, learn from what was said and oontinue.

newalaan2
May 14th, 2013, 19:31
It is time to close the thread, learn from what was said
That's a bit rich, you betray a confidence by revealing the contents of a PM publically on a forum, knowingly open a can of worms and stirring the crap in doing so and now that thread has gone far beyond your stirring and any relevance to your original post you think you are now able to have it closed. Has Surfcrest taken on a new moderator without advising us? You are in no position here to demand a thread be closed even if it was you who started the trouble Lonely, you seem to have taken on an air of self-importance. .

well i was going to respond in your hydra post but being as you locked it i'll have to do it here.. this is a serious question so i'd like an answer please.has a certain member given you a list of hydra's that he thinks are me ? there you are no need for his name, just an easy question to answer.

Not sure why timmberty is hoping/expecting this issue to be conducted through PM's. Scottish-guy made the accusation publically on an open forum the very least he should do is either apologise to timmberty publically if he is indeed wrong , or spit out these handels also on the public forum. I'm sick of members, especially these newbies who make wild accusations and dont have any substance to back it up. If they CAN'T back it up it only shows what the intent of the accusations against timmberty were all about in this specific incident, it also questions what his real agenda is for re-joining a forum and a membership he turned his back on and dramatically left assuring us he would not return.

There is a huge difference between a lighthearted poke at another poster and an actual blatent accusation that he has hydras, implying therefore that timmberty is a liar, which could'nt be further from the truth, timmberty like many can exaggerate to back up a point, but I would never accuse him of being blatently dishonest or a liar because he's not. He's maybe blunt and a bit miserable at times but he's absolutely honest.

I dont know why some keep referring to PM's as Private Messages with underlining when they are Personal Messages, with 'private' as an option. In my view when sending a PM it's either to someone I KNOW i can trust (e.g. not Neal) or I send content i couldn't give a toss if it's revealed publically.

arsenal
May 14th, 2013, 19:31
Well I just took a look. Brown as the main colour, really. That makes it two who think brown is a good choice...Neal (if it is indeed you) and the Royal Thai Police. Perhaps we can call the new board the BIB.
Anyway I shall not be visiting again if the gogo bar review is the standard of fayre to be served up.

cdnmatt
May 14th, 2013, 19:46

You mean you don't see the big knife that's sticking out of Surfcrest's back right now? And somewhat, all of our backs?

scottish-guy
May 14th, 2013, 19:50
Newallan you can try all you like, I'm not playing your diversionary games.

If Timmberty would like to state here and now that he has never used any other IDs/hydras other than Brithai and Timmberty on this forum, or Gaybutton,or Gaythailand, or PattayaBitchBoard, or even Ting Tong if he is a member - then I'm happy to accept that and move forward in that spirit.

newalaan2
May 14th, 2013, 20:01
No games here, perfectly serious. All you have to do is give an honest answer to put it to bed. 'Trying' is EXACTLY what you would do if the tables were turned between you an Timmberty. All i'm saying those quick enough to make wild false accusations should fess up or spit out the information you apparently have on timmberty. I am one of the glow worm armpits you referred to, I cant se any obvious hydras that timmberty is hiding. If you tell us and you are right I am very happy to apologise and let it die, as I am sure timmberty will be also.

You continued diversionary games and refusal to come up with the goods where ypu would be asking the same questions if it were about me or any other members in your postsition. You cant expect to be allowed to make false accusations and get away with it, if indeed they are, when you are at the front of the Q when another does what you are doing.

scottish-guy
May 14th, 2013, 20:14
Alaan/Newalaan/Newalaan2,

I repeat - would Timmberty like to state here and now that he has not used any other IDs/Hydras/Handles other than Timmberty and Brithai on any other of the fora I have mentioned?

If he does wish to state that publically I will happily accept it. I will even apologise solely on the basis of his denial. If he doesn't wish to state it, that's up to him.

That's my position and it won't be altering. I won't be "revealing" any information whatsoever.

newalaan2
May 14th, 2013, 20:15

If Timmberty would like to state here and now that he has never used any other IDs/hydras other than Brithai and Timmberty on this forum, or Gaybutton,or Gaythailand, or PattayaBitchBoard, or even Ting Tong if he is a member - then I'm happy to accept that and move forward in that spirit.
AS EXPECTED! Rather than just come clean, now we'll have a convoluted, pedantic, underlining, drawn out bunch of excuses to squirm out of it. It's taken you a HELL of a long time to start with the process. And you wonder why so many are questioning why you have re-joined this forum?

Hydras is having and using more than one live ID on a specific or single Board/forum as you well know, it's NOTHING to do with having DIFFERENT ID's on DIFFERENT BOARDS. We are specifically talking about THIS forum as you well know, we are not buyng a single word of your post, bluster, bullshit, diverting, distracting it's what you do EVERYTIME you are wrong, caught out, found to be guilty as charged.......HYDRAS on this forum only please.

Can you show an instance where timmberty has even used his brithai ID at the same time as his timmberty one live? Is Brithai even live now?

The clock starts now............................

arsenal
May 14th, 2013, 20:22
Newalaan: Why are you so vehemently sticking up for timmberty? I am just curious.

scottish-guy
May 14th, 2013, 20:25
I have made my position clear - and you know what you can do with your clock.

If you don't mind I'll wait for a response from the Organ Grinder rather than the monkey.

Brad the Impala
May 14th, 2013, 20:26

You mean you don't see the big knife that's sticking out of Surfcrest's back right now? And somewhat, all of our backs?

Just to clarify, I don't suppose when Neal was negotiating the sale and value of this forum, due to his ill health, he happened to mention to Surfcrest or any other prospective owner, that he was already planning to start a new Gay Thailand website and forum, as soon as the sale went through.

jinks
May 14th, 2013, 20:28
the monkey say enough and leaves it to the grinder to lock it when he gets up later today.

kjun12
May 14th, 2013, 20:40
The clock starts now............................
Ever the shit-stirer. Do you ever contribute anything positive here or in your life?

joe552
May 14th, 2013, 21:31
In view of the fact - and in common with many others who've posted to this thread - that I have nothing useful to add about anything, I think it only fair to share this with you all.

bucknaway
May 14th, 2013, 21:53
Wow.... Just wow...
If I were the owner of this board I would change all the admin passwords and make sure all back doors into the system are blocked or secured.

scottish-guy
May 14th, 2013, 21:59
Neal - I was not "crying" about somebody "stealing" "my name" on the new Board - I merely pointed out it was a hoax.
You say it has been removed - fine.
Will I be joining the new board to "protect" it - No.
What if somebody else takes it - fine - I will still point out its not me.
The "name" issue is no big deal, let me assure you.

timmberty
May 14th, 2013, 22:13
scotty here you are demanding questions of me yet you still have not replied to my question to you ..
and you know i used a name bertybeny i think it was on gaybuttons board .. other than that nothing .. so 3 boards 3 names .. nothing was ever hidden, as you well know because neal has posted the fact i used those names on this board a number of times..
so there you have it ... but as newallen says and you agree a hydra is having more than one name on one board at anyone time ..
i wont wait.

scottish-guy
May 14th, 2013, 22:29
You won't have to wait - I said if you responded I would too.

If you are saying to me that you have used 3 different names on 3 different boards - but none of them was concurrent and that therefore you don't consider that constitutes having hydras, then fine - I'll accept that by that definition you don't have hydras, and by that definition I will withdraw my previous comments about you having hydras and even apologise.

However, please don't put words into my mouth about what I "agreed" the definition of a hydra was - what I actually said was this:

...If you wish me to confirm that my definition of a "hydra" is someone using more than one ID at a time then I'm happy to do so... .. I did not say anything about one ID at a time on a single Board.

I am equally happy however to accept your definition and your statements - hence my response.

Neal
May 15th, 2013, 00:17
Ah posts already disappearing now and from the first day without explanation as to what rule they violated. there was no bitching at anyone and SG even replied to it so it was there. Seems like old times.

Surfcrest
May 15th, 2013, 01:17
Ah posts already disappearing now and from the first day without explanation as to what rule they violated. there was no bitching at anyone and SG even replied to it so it was there. Seems like old times.
Neal, I donтАЩt think you need to scroll back more than a couple weeks to see an incredible amount of moderator ink over many of the threads.
As for your disappearing threads Neal, I did mention a suitable response is coming and so perhaps thatтАЩs just part of it....and quite certainly there will be more.
Speaking of your moderatorтАЩs ink, I think it is crystal clear to everyone here what your reaction would have been to someone doing what youтАЩve freely admitted to doing here. Even you suggest your own punishment as though you somehow know what is due.

I expect not to get my hand slapped like anyone else even though I dont feel this was spamming in the least. It will be your ecuse to ban me which I am sure you have been rubbing your hands to do.
And thenтАжas the hole is dug deeperтАж..

All I can say is that I gave Surf everything associated with this board and like a past experienced I could say I got screwed with promises but really who gives a damn as I got the money he agreed to give me. I never would have gotten involved telling people about this new board except for all the broken promises.
Tell us about this broken promises thing Neal that was so serious to compel you to engage in this sort of behaviour here these past few days? Do you really expect me to change the board that much in two frigging weeks? Or are you just reaching for a lame excuse to justify what you are up to on the board that you were paid more than fully for? Even though I am a gentleman, would this compel me to engage in another relationship with you over at your cruisingforgaythaisex.com? I don't think so.

I don't have to answer to any of you any more. :laughing3:
No you donтАЩt Neal, but adman5000 ads an excellent quote;

Your reputation is worth more than any amount of money. The choices we make determine our reputation. Once lost it can take a long time to get it back. To have a positive life you need a positive reputation. Think before you do! :glasses7:

Surfcrest

Neal
May 15th, 2013, 01:34
A. I am not talking about any promises that were made for the future as I dn't believe we had any I am talking about the immeadiate promises which I have detailed to you in an email.

B. As I have stated before and I will state again as even some of my sworn enemies on this board have said, me PMing a couple of people that I refer to as close aquaintances is not a violation and I am not sure what will take you tie to decide. Either ban me or not. i dont consider it a violation but if you do, do it and get it over with.

C. There was nothing that violated the post that was made today and I wont talk about posts in the last few days that dispearred cause I cant remember them but I can assure you that no vioaltion of the current rules and guideline were broken OR are we talking that it violated some rule changes that are yet to be made.

All in all I say again, crucified for doing the same thing that is going on.

Surfcrest
May 15th, 2013, 01:49
All in all I say again, crucified for doing the same thing that is going on.
The board will be administered with a firm and consistent approach Neal...you are being dealt with for something you even know to be wrong.
Not everyone that found themselves on a cross was jesus....and not all of them were necessarily innocent.

Surfcrest

Neal
May 15th, 2013, 01:52
This is just the same old same old Delete my membership I dont want it. If I want to read something I can do it without logging in. Goodbye all.

colmx
May 15th, 2013, 02:04
I have a vague recollection of a certain member called DaBoss going absolutely apeshit about invitations being sent by PM to members asking them to join another forum

Funny how that type of behavious is now acceptable.

As other have posted... you are nothing without your reputation.... and when its lost... you will never get it back

lo-so
May 15th, 2013, 03:04
To refer to the law about non competitive clauses but also to demand that (PM) messages must be treated as sacrosanct - you lost all credibility Neal - Obviously I will respect the PM rule but think that I might too wish to be considered regarding your quite weird replies. You are contemptible and please do not PM me. Only in the public domain. No legal threa
ts either.....

timmberty
May 15th, 2013, 03:34
You won't have to wait - I said if you responded I would too.

If you are saying to me that you have used 3 different names on 3 different boards - but none of them was concurrent and that therefore you don't consider that constitutes having hydras, then fine - I'll accept that by that definition you don't have hydras, and by that definition I will withdraw my previous comments about you having hydras and even apologise.

However, please don't put words into my mouth about what I "agreed" the definition of a hydra was - what I actually said was this:

[quote="scottish-guy":2kgxm1jr]...If you wish me to confirm that my definition of a "hydra" is someone using more than one ID at a time then I'm happy to do so... .. I did not say anything about one ID at a time on a single Board.

I am equally happy however to accept your definition and your statements - hence my response.[/quote:2kgxm1jr]
yes 3 different name on 3 different boards 2 of which i still post on with the salf same names .. this one and the pbb .. gay button which i posted on after i got kicked off here and brithai on this board also. so thanks for the sorry ... every tho you accept even if i had of posted on the 3 boards with 3 different names at the same time it would still not have meant i had used a hydra .. is that correct ?
im totally lost now ... lets move along the bus huh ?
bty i use other websites that are not gay or anything to do with thailand .. and i use different names on them .. one is a dog forum .. i use the user name whippet snapper on there ... so i guess you are right and i do have hydras ... what a strange world we live in ..

Surfcrest
May 15th, 2013, 04:11
.. one is a dog forum .. i use the user name whippet snapper on there ...
A Cesar Millan would say......Pssssssssstttt

In this case, let go of the kilt timmberty!

http://www.cesarsway.com/

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Surfcrest/timmberty.jpg

timmberty
May 15th, 2013, 04:18
indeed .. you have choosen your tarten ... i hope it fits you well.

Neal
May 15th, 2013, 04:21
Lo so I dont even know who you are never PMed you and never threatened you so f***k of. Talk about jumping in on a bandwagon! Evemn my complaints about disappearing posts that I posted in the proper forum have disappeared.

bucknaway
May 15th, 2013, 04:27
I'm wondering why you ever sold the board?

Neal
May 15th, 2013, 04:32
Sold it because I wanted to make sure it wound up in decent hands and the discussion that was had as to where he had planned on taking it.

joe552
May 15th, 2013, 04:36
This is just the same old same old Delete my membership I dont want it. If I want to read something I can do it without logging in. Goodbye all.

and there was I thinking this was Neal's final post on the board - I'm obviously more naieve than even I knew.

Neal, for fuck sake, call it a day and move on.

and yes, i don't know how to spell naieve :occasion9:

Brad the Impala
May 15th, 2013, 05:07
and yes, i don't know how to spell naieve :occasion9:

Did the priests just teach you how to be naive rather than how to spell it?

scottish-guy
May 15th, 2013, 05:16
[youtube:23idmw85]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSvNZWpXaM[/youtube:23idmw85]

Neal
May 15th, 2013, 05:46
CAN'T SAY GOOD BYE CAUSE HE WON'T DELETE ME! DELETE ME! DELETE ME DELETE ME!!

Brad the Impala
May 15th, 2013, 05:51
Is posting compulsory now, if you're registered here?

Deleting is too good for you! Did posts by anyone other than yourself get to double figures yet on your new forum?

Irish1972
May 15th, 2013, 06:09

I'm wondering why he ever bought it!

dab69
May 15th, 2013, 07:36
Personal playground,
to advertise his bar and to get off fees from those who
met with his bar boys after closing time?

Damn entertaining thread :thumbup:

Smiles
May 15th, 2013, 09:38
Lo so I dont even know who you are never PMed you and never threatened you so f***k of. Talk about jumping in on a bandwagon! Evemn my complaints about disappearing posts that I posted in the proper forum have disappeared.
Have no fear Neal. Every poisonous, ignorant, paranoid, profane, stupid, bilious, mean-spirited, nonsensical, and illiterate message you ever posted on Sawatdee still exist. All 172 unfortunate pages of them: member/Neal/posts/ (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/member/Neal/posts/)

I very much hope they stay there, as a testimony to an almost-successful destruction of a message board through sheer pig-headed nastiness.

The one good thing about this thread is that all the pent-up anger at yourself has been nicely contained to one thread . . . the rest of the threads on this page are pretty well on-topic as regards the one-and-only reason for this Forum to exist: i.e. discussions about gay Thailand.

Soon, this thread also will quietly drift away ... as they all do, down to the bottom of the topics page, then out of sight onto page 2, then 3 then 4: ad infinitum. And in your case, ad nauseum.
Bye bye, and don't let that big heavy Sawatdee teak door hit you on your fat ass as you slink away.

I think the new owner Surfcrest has good reasons to believe that all this extraneous junk regarding Neal's 'regime' will wither away as quickly as the Berlin Wall, or a bad cold.
I wish him great success and hope to get back to peaceful (well, reasonably peaceful, knowing this Board :glasses7: ) and interesting postings about gay Thailand.

martin911
May 15th, 2013, 10:11
Another 7 odd pages of hysterics ( which could not be read )

Somebody opening a new board ( I didn't get a pm :bounce: )
And this leads to the bitching of the last 7 pages :dontknow:

I don't get it

kjun12
May 15th, 2013, 10:13
as a testimony to an almost-successful destruction of a message board through sheer pig-headed nastiness.
Is this the same pig-headed ugly nastiness that you tried to destroy this board with some time ago?

Zebedee
May 15th, 2013, 11:11
"The more things change the more they remain the same", oh the irony!
Surfrest,you deliberately brought back the " the usual suspects " renowned for trouble making , and expect people to believe your introductory " mission statement" . I suggest you tear it up and chuck it in the bin! Then rewrite saying mission impossible!
You are not running this board Surfcrest, " the lunatics are running this asylum ".
BTW I did send you a request to delete my account, yet obviously this hasn't happened. Please expedite ASAP, thanks.

Beachlover
May 15th, 2013, 11:30
SPECTACULAR

kjun12
May 15th, 2013, 11:32
SPECTACULAR
I think he may be talking about you.

May 15th, 2013, 13:38
as a testimony to an almost-successful destruction of a message board through sheer pig-headed nastiness.
Is this the same pig-headed ugly nastiness that you tried to destroy this board with some time ago?I guess your still sulking coz your boyfriend Neal sold the Bored and you cant toady up to him any more to censor posters like me that you dont like. If you think Ive forgotten that the silly fool tried to ban me because you complained I call you kunt12 you can think again.

Manforallseasons
May 15th, 2013, 15:05

http://youtu.be/j7GJcKuVGm8

scottish-guy
May 15th, 2013, 15:15
[youtube:a0ym7ijk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6BJJe9JV_A[/youtube:a0ym7ijk]

Surfcrest
May 15th, 2013, 15:37
"The more things change the more they remain the same", oh the irony!
Surfrest,you deliberately brought back the " the usual suspects " renowned for trouble making , and expect people to believe your introductory " mission statement" . I suggest you tear it up and chuck it in the bin! Then rewrite saying mission impossible!
No. To be quite honest I invited Scotty and Smiles back because I had a way of contacting them. I couldnтАЩt be more elated with the list of other past members that have either re-joined or re-activated. YouтАЩll notice I said re-joined, as we can not тАЬbringтАЭ you or anyone back that had been deleted, by request or otherwise. I'm going to try and get this fixed as soon as possible....if it is possible. Until then I can deactivate you, but I will not delete you entirely

We are all equal members and there is plenty of room for everyone. A standing invitation went out to everyone in that тАЬmission statementтАЭ and subsequent updates and IтАЩm very pleased with the response so farтАжand thank you very much lonelywombat for tracking and sharing our progress in terms of traffic. No one was тАЬbrought backтАЭ, deliberately or otherwise.

Surfcrest

You are not running this board Surfcrest, " the lunatics are running this asylum
Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Surfcrest/zebedee358x500.jpg

a447
May 15th, 2013, 15:48
Sold it because I wanted to make sure it wound up in decent hands and the discussion that was had as to where he had planned on taking it.

That's funny. I thought you said you sold it because of your concerns about your health. Remember?

Being sick and trying to make my way to the board to moderate has taken its toll on my health.

Then again, considering how active you have been lately, obviously your health is no longer an issue. You were still able to negotiate setting up a new board while negotiating the sale of this one, it would seem.
And you were still able to PM other "friends" (haha..) in an attempt to poach them from SGT. So you seem to have made a miraculous recovery, Neal!

Your post to Lonelywombat - I will never PM or email you again! never, ever, ever!!! - demonstrates how pathetically petulant you are.

Lo-so wrote: I will respect the PM rule

Well, seeing as Neal has denied sending the PM to you, you don't need to respect that rule - if the rule exists at all.

You can now freely post it on the open forum, as it apparently was from an unknown poster.

Probably very few of us have witnessed such a spectacular fall from grace. Neal, for your own good, MOVE ON!

newalaan2
May 15th, 2013, 15:51
Scotty and Smiles
That's the great thing about differeing opinions and personal views, Scotty and smiles in the same sentence? You couldn't get a more suitable example of the two extreme ends of what could be considered as "value" to the Board.

The more things change the more they remain the same", oh the irony!Surfrest,you deliberately brought back the " the usual suspects " renowned for trouble making , and expect people to believe your introductory " mission statement" . I suggest you tear it up and chuck it in the bin! Then rewrite saying mission impossible!You are not running this board Surfcrest, " the lunatics are running this asylum ".BTW I did send you a request to delete my account, yet obviously this hasn't happened. Please expedite ASAP, thanks.
Yet another drama queen with an out of control ego. You dont NEED to announce your plan to depart, just go ahead an DO IT without fuss and fanfare. If you are indeed departing that's one less of "the usual suspects" 'renowned for trouble making' we will have to put up with here.

Have no fear Neal. Every poisonous, ignorant, paranoid, profane, stupid, bilious, mean-spirited, nonsensical, and illiterate message you ever posted on Sawatdee still exist. All 172 unfortunate pages of them: member/Neal/posts/ (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/member/Neal/posts/)
I very much hope they stay there, as a testimony to an almost-successful destruction of a message board through sheer pig-headed nastiness.
the rest of the threads on this page are pretty well on-topic as regards the one-and-only reason for this Forum to exist: i.e. discussions about gay Thailand.
Soon, this thread also will quietly drift away ... as they all do, down to the bottom of the topics page, then out of sight onto page 2, then 3 then 4: ad infinitum. And in your case, ad nauseum. Bye bye, and don't let that big heavy Sawatdee teak door hit you on your fat ass as you slink away.

And a very fitting 'tribute' to the worst tenure of any owner of a gay thailand forum ever witnessed it is! The thread might drift away but the 'Neal effect' with about everything you need to know about how NOT to run a forum neatly condensed into a 172 page reference manual, will never be forgotten, so in that respect his ego will be more than satisfied with the outcome. Centre of attention and a tribute with the ultimate "how not to run a forum" manual. Neal will be thrilled at all the attention. He don't care what's being said as long as he's at the centre of it. It's almost worth 'stickying' it as 'lest we forget' example.

a447
May 15th, 2013, 16:11
It's almost worth 'stickying' it as 'lest we forget' example.

Agreed. Please do it!

scottish-guy
May 15th, 2013, 19:53
...... your new handles of Canadien.....

I see canadien is having a look.

Come on canadien - don't be shy now ....

a447
May 15th, 2013, 21:33
Martin wrote:
I don't get it

That's right. You don't.

The "7 odd pages of hysterics" you refer to have nothing to do with someone opening up a new board. Why should anyone worry about that?

It's about Neal's treacherous behaviour in selling the board and then secretly trying to lure members away.

The persona that Neal has demonstrated here (and recently in other threads) is the one I wrote about - the one you said caused me to lose "credibility." Remember?

Seems like there are 8 pages of posts made by members who have similarly lost credibility! They also have obviously misjudged Neal and the adverse affect his health issues have had on his ability to operate.

Your soothing words to Neal make you look rather silly now.

lo-so
May 15th, 2013, 22:13
Neal, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that perhaps you do not recall the exchange of PM's - if you look at your records for 9th April and I will accept your apology. If however you call me a liar again I will forward the evidence of your PM's to the owner/moderator. I hope it was simply an oversight and not a purposeful deception.

Beachlover
May 16th, 2013, 22:03
Interesting question. I may not be entirely correct and this is just my rough understanding of what happened...

Neal bought the board to use as a tool to promote his bar and promote the gay prostitution industry in Pattaya, which seems to be struggling or declining. I think he hoped this would be a good vehicle to attract more customers to this scene and to his bar. At the same time, he wanted to make some income directly off the website by making it more popular and attracting advertisers to it.

Why did he sell it?

1. Well, I believe he sold or gave away his bar some time ago, so that would have eliminated the first goal of using the site to promote the bar and/or industry.

2. My understanding is that the board doesn't make any more or any significant amount more than it did when he bought it. He did invest a fair bit into buying the board and then revamping it. He went out and tried to sell advertising. I believe he offered a lot of "free trials", hence the sudden influx of advertisers. I believe many of these advertisers never paid anything for the ad space, though I could be wrong on that. So that renders his second goal a failure

3. Owning a board like this in the manner, which he operated it takes a lot of time and is inherently inefficient. I reckon it largely consumed his life, whether willingly or unwillingly. So with nothing more to be gained from it, I guess he may have felt it was time to offload it.

4. I think he was getting sick of all the dramas that came with the board - regardless of whether he created many of these dramas, no board like this comes without some dramas and that is really the biggest cost of owning a board like this - the head space that it can take up. I was quite lucky when I bought, operated and sold boards, one of my business partners was a solicitor so he would deal with any legal issues that arose without us having to incur your typical $400/hr fees. And legal issues did arise happen from time to time.

I am by no means a big fan of Neal and I have plenty of reasons to really dislike him as a person and as a deeply flawed and unethical character. But there were good and bad things he did for SGF. So as entertaining as this is, it's unfortunate everyone is focusing entirely on the negative... maybe later when I can be arsed, I'll post a more balanced opinion on his tenure.

cdnmatt
May 16th, 2013, 22:53
So as entertaining as this is, it's unfortunate everyone is focusing entirely on the negative... maybe later when I can be arsed, I'll post a more balanced opinion on his tenure.

I would have agreed, until this latest revelation. For all intents and purposes, I never had a problem with Neal. Never particularly liked the guy, but I knew he was getting older, health was deteriorating, doesn't take proper care of himself, was tiring of Pattaya, etc. So I could empathize with that, and just seem him as someone struggling to live a good life and be happy.

However, what he did to Surfcrest (and the board's membership, really) is simply inexcusable, and one of those things you just don't do. If this was the business world, a lawsuit would have already been filed against him (or worse), and we both know that.

Smiles
May 17th, 2013, 00:02
Interesting question. I may not be entirely correct ...
Probably an understatement, but don`t dwell on it ... but my my isn`t this all getting fascinating: here`s Neal (Himself) answering your guesses on why he sold Sawatdee.
http://pattayabitchboard.socialparody.c ... h-and-whys (http://pattayabitchboard.socialparody.com/pg/forum/topic/9266498/beachlovers-and-cdnmatts-view-on-my-health-and-whys)
Waddya think.
Neal has taken to calling himself Fred Flintstone.

The most interesting part of his response is this one: ``...I purchased it FOR my lover and helped him run it for 1 1/2 years. I then turned it over to him as promised.. That tidbit I`ve never heard.

And Cndmatt doesn`t get off lightly either. Neither does Surcrest (the new Owner). Neither does Jesus Christ, Nelson Mandela, Abraham Lincoln, the Prophet Mohammed, assorted Rebble Rousers and Buddha (Himself). I am mentioned only in passing: Smiley ... jinksy gets it up the ass.

cdnmatt
May 17th, 2013, 00:12
Probably an understatement, but don`t dwell on it ... but my my isn`t this all getting fascinating: here`s Neal (Himself) answering your guesses on why he sold Sawatdee.
http://pattayabitchboard.socialparody.c ... h-and-whys (http://pattayabitchboard.socialparody.com/pg/forum/topic/9266498/beachlovers-and-cdnmatts-view-on-my-health-and-whys)
Waddya think.
Neal has taken to calling himself Fred Flintstone.

There Neal goes again shooting himself in the foot:

As far as the new board? Well I am starting it fresh and clean and the rebble rousers just wont post! Ever!

At first it was just a new board he never heard about before. Then it was a friend's board he was letting people know about. Then he "may or may not" have a "small role in it". Then he proves his has access to the admin panel, and is screening applicants, at which point he's just helping the owner a little, but not THE owner. And now he's apparently freely admit to being the owner.

All within about 72 hours too.

Smiles
May 17th, 2013, 00:28
Holy christ, Nealsy is going totally bonkers! A man possessed.
When I first took a look at that Bitch Board, there was only 1 post from Fred (Flintstone): i.e. the one I made reference to a few posts back. Now 20 minutes or so later there are 5 posts, all whining about his assorted enemies, backstabbers, cheaters, liars and other not nice people. You can`t make this stuff up! So incomprehensibly juvenile yet so embarrassingly fascinating ... kind of like watching a heavily-sweating, leering Jimmy Swaggart dash and gallop all over the stage praising to god and doing the secretary behind the stage`s heavy black curtain.
http://pattayabitchboard.socialparody.c ... itch-forum (http://pattayabitchboard.socialparody.com/pg/forum/category/8855607/bitch-forum)

jinks
May 17th, 2013, 00:32
I think most posters are happy to leave you to monitor the situation and report back.

Surfcrest
May 17th, 2013, 02:31
IтАЩm really not interested in rejoining Sawatdee unless the new owner invites me to do so.
I would be very happy to welcome Gaybutton to SGT. Please accept my formal invitation to you to re-join SGT.

Surfcrest

Gaybutton
May 17th, 2013, 02:40
I very much appreciate your invitation. I have indeed rejoined.

Surfcrest
May 17th, 2013, 03:30
The most interesting part of his response is this one: ``...I purchased it FOR my lover and helped him run it for 1 1/2 years. I then turned it over to him as promised.. That tidbit I`ve never heard.

And Cndmatt doesn`t get off lightly either. Neither does Surcrest (the new Owner). Neither does Jesus Christ, Nelson Mandela, Abraham Lincoln, the Prophet Mohammed, assorted Rebble Rousers and Buddha (Himself). I am mentioned only in passing: Smiley ... jinksy gets it up the ass.
I too have never heard that story about the purchase for his lover and the promise that it would be turned over to him as promised. I am hoping no one is thinking that was either Scotty or me.

Just to clarify NealтАЩs incorrect assertions, jinks replaced Neal as moderator and has been our only moderator since I removed these permissions from Neal. I have been looking after the Admin. Capricorn60 will go in with me to the Admin side of the site to make some assessments and to figure out what our capabilities are, based on some items mentioned in the Sawatdee Hopes and Dreams thread. The forum itself is not visible from the Admin controls and the work that Capricorn60 and I will be doing will not affect the work that jinks is doing or any of the moderator functions.

So much nonsense from Neal, very little you can actually believeтАж.like when he wrote me on May 7th to report that he was moving to Cambodia immediately.
Speaking of Cambodia, this takeover of SGT is actually more reminiscing of Benjamin Willardis treck up the Nung River to Cambodia to find a rogue Green Beret colonel named Walter E. Kurtz. тАЬOh, the horror!тАЭ

Sad, but trueтАжNeal has even resurrected the CCTV scandal. I used to go back to these threads to have a good laugh or two, but Neal has found the time and has since gone back to Edit all of these old posts as though he was obsessed with the incident and our SGT interactions over the incident.

It does indeed remind me of the Burning Man festival, except this fire will probably burn a lot longer than thatтАж.In fact we should probably expect to see him back anytime now all ablaze considering how small an audience he has elsewhereтАжwhether heтАЩs justme, HappyPlace, Unkie Buck, Da Boss, Neal, CaptnCrunch, canadienтАж

Surfcrest

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Surfcrest/Burning-Man-2012.jpg

newalaan2
May 17th, 2013, 06:45
`smiles`...I purchased it FOR my lover and helped him run it for 1 1/2 years. I then turned it over to him as promised.. That tidbit I`ve never heard.
Well since Neal seems happy to open everything up and divulge what I would have described as personal or private information publically, I dont have any problem in saying that the above is something I can confirm, Neal is telling the absolute truth in regards to that actually being part of the reason he bought it in the first place and who he actually bought it for with a plan to pass it on at some stage, I think the original idea was for it to be left as a legacy. I assumed it was common knowledge as he PMd everyone like they were his special best friend and just expected that he told everyone.

We had single a common interest but I didn't get involved deeper than that personally with him, I could have met him but I didn't go out of my way to do so, unlike others here. We got on ok in the early days because of the common interest but when I visited his bar it wasn't to see him, it was to meet up with his co-owner who was a very long time friend I met in the first days he arrived in Pattaya, and I was pleased for him that he had landed on his feet through his relationship with Neal. So knowing what I knew from before, what threw me was when mention was made of him 'passing it over' to scottish-guy a few months ago, as obviously things had moved on in regards to the structure of the forum......(and strangely recently SG said he was puzzled when timmberty mentioned on passing in another thread something about SG could have been running SGF, the owner or something suchlike here had things turned out differently). So i'm not sure if SG was just to be 'caretaker' while Neal's thaiguy would have actually owned it.

colmx
May 17th, 2013, 07:09
The most interesting part of his response is this one: ``...I purchased it FOR my lover and helped him run it for 1 1/2 years. I then turned it over to him as promised..

I think Neal is referring to Happy Place here... and not the board!
He purchased Happy Place for his lover... and subsequentally turned it over to him...

Smiles
May 17th, 2013, 07:56
Thanks Colmx for explaining that. Of course it makes more sense.
Neal's rant there was so rambling and over-the-top that his conversation there was verging on the incomprehensible.

Beachlover
May 17th, 2013, 08:24
A couple of things worth saying...

SGF probably wouldn't be here if Neal hadn't bought it. Spike was either going to sell it or close it down. Another buyer offered to buy it and did have control over the board for a few months but THAT buyer backed out of the deal. So Spike then turned to Neal, who had put in an offer a few months earlier and Neal bought it off him.

I reckon Neal did leave SGF in a better state than when he bought it. But he was never going to be able to hold onto and sustain this. He's the kind of person who will change or transform something but won't maintain stability. He's just too volatile a personality.

The board has been through some very very dead times and there were definitely worse times under Spike, the previous owner, who simply didn't care what happened. Neal upped the membership and posting activity. He improved the look of the board and introduced the means to more effectively position the ads that pay for it. Did he do this effectively as I thought he could have? No. But he made an effort and there were some positive results.

Unfortunately, his flawed and volatile personality meant the value of these improvements to members couldn't be fully realised until a new owner took over. Once the new owner got rid of Neal and all the personal conflicts and poisonous relations he had developed and his sometimes nasty moderating style, all the improvements that Neal made finally came to be realised.

So that's my take on it... I don't particularly like Neal but I would be lacking in integrity if I didn't offer a balanced opinion of him, that considers the good and the bad.

So as entertaining as this is, it's unfortunate everyone is focusing entirely on the negative... maybe later when I can be arsed, I'll post a more balanced opinion on his tenure.
I would have agreed, until this latest revelation. For all intents and purposes, I never had a problem with Neal. Never particularly liked the guy, but I knew... However, what he did to Surfcrest (and the board's membership, really) is simply inexcusable, and one of those things you just don't do. If this was the business world, a lawsuit would have already been filed against him (or worse), and we both know that.
Fair enough... But there's been plenty of incidents like this and it's far from the first. Maybe you weren't aware of them.

At first it was just a new board he never heard about before. Then it was a friend's board he was letting people know about. Then he "may or may not" have a "small role in it". Then he proves his has access to the admin panel, and is screening applicants, at which point he's just helping the owner a little, but not THE owner. And now he's apparently freely admit to being the owner.

All within about 72 hours too.
He just does not have any issue with lying and misleading and I think people need to just accept some are like that. I think Scottish knew that from the start. It's almost comical to watch...

The same thing happened when he took over SGF. I remember there were posts about the owner being Thai and posts he wrote from the supposed "new owner". I did feel sorry for him as he put himself in a very difficult spot when it was revealed that he was the owner. He had other business owners in Pattaya pressuring and intimidating him to ban negative posts on their businesses and accept advertising from them.

It's just a very toxic place. I know Jinks has had to walk a tight rope over the years and he's copped and dealt with a lot of shit, which none of the members ever see or give him credit for. It's something that Surfcrest will need to watch out for.

I notice he tried to do the same thing on GBT. Before posting about the new forum , he made posts to make it sound like he was someone not already in Thailand, so as to "put off" people from thinking he was Neal:
http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5703

Gotcha!

Beachlover
May 17th, 2013, 08:30
http://pattayabitchboard.socialparody.c ... itch-forum (http://pattayabitchboard.socialparody.com/pg/forum/category/8855607/bitch-forum)
Thanks for the link... SPECTACULAR.

Over 10 posts now. :rolling:

Bravo Neal... Bravo! :ura1:

Especially love this bit...

Fuck me twice Smurfie but there wont be a third
Just one question... was he a good root, Neal? :rolling:

Sad, but trueтАжNeal has even resurrected the CCTV scandal. I used to go back to these threads to have a good laugh or two
I crack up when I remember that too... Fun times.

The thing is, whatever accusations he's made of you lying or breaking promises over the SGF purchase... He really can't exactly say his own behaviour is exemplary either.

Sooty
May 17th, 2013, 09:29
Holy christ, Nealsy is going totally bonkers! A man possessed. "going"?

Sooty
May 17th, 2013, 09:40
I'm wondering why you ever sold the board?Interesting question. I may not be entirely correct and this is just my rough understanding of what happened... I thought you claimed in an earlier post that you are the person who persuaded Neal to make the investment? Anyone with half a business brain can see that it's nothing more than a vanity project and will never generate a living wage.

Beachlover
May 17th, 2013, 13:26
I thought you claimed in an earlier post that you are the person who persuaded Neal to make the investment? Anyone with half a business brain can see that it's nothing more than a vanity project and will never generate a living wage.
1. All I did was suggest it to him.

2. You can make a significant income out of owning sites like this... some of them generate hundreds of thousands in revenue. Some are owned by publicly listed media companies. You can also run a portfolio of smaller sites like this and they will collectively generate some decent cash flow. Personally, I wouldn't hold onto them as they are volatile assets, like restaurants and cafes or bars. They need to be closely watched and managed. Buy it, transform and optimise it, hold it for a while to demonstrate sufficient history of higher revenue to buyers and then sell it to someone who's happy to just manage and hold onto it for the cash flow it provides them.

here`s Neal (Himself) answering your guesses on why he sold Sawatdee.
Waddya think. Neal has taken to calling himself Fred Flintstone..
Just read his posts... Fred's really going all out there LOL.

Don't want to start a long back and fourth thing, Smiles. But I will answer a few of his comments for closure...

You dont have a clue do you. That's what happens when people try and analyne other people. I purchased it [the bar] FOR my lover and helped him run it for 1 1/2 years. I then turned it over to him as promised.
So that pretty much falls into the definition of what I said... that you sold or gave away the bar right? Puzzling why you took offense.

Wrong! The board brought in about 1/2 a million baht per year with its current advertisers along with a few freebies. While the advertising did not pay for itself it attrated many new members under its two year advertising spread of sawatdeeforum.com No it was not a failure.
I was going off a figure you PM'd me a while back, which was not anywhere near 500k. Maybe you were talking about revenue but meant profit.

In any case, based on what you told me during the purchase (Smiles can correlate) and what you've publicly disclosed as the selling price ($7,000), it sounds like you sold it for less than you bought it... so there's obviously been no capital gain or value add realised here.

Now Beachie, a question. What is this term "root me"? Is it anything anyone ever heard of? Does it give a sign of age or something. Your termonology is not of a 28 year old.
Aussie term meaning the same as "fuck"... i.e. you fuck/bone/root/screw someone. Laugh. It was a joke.

Anyway, some really spectacular stuff coming out now...

All you pepe still think that the owner is obligated to tell you what he is doing and why and get your permission. No No No. The board is his. Fuck all if you dont like it. I in my state and having $7,000 waved in my face decided I had enough of you arseholes trying to tell me what to do and what not to do.
I love it when a man speaks his mind. This is funnier than when he went off at Bao Bao. Bravo Neal... Braaavo! :ura1:

newalaan2
May 17th, 2013, 14:11
I think Neal is referring to Happy Place here... and not the board!He purchased Happy Place for his lover... and subsequentally turned it over to him...
Yes that is correct Colmx, but the Board/Forum was also purchased with the idea that M, his thaiguy, would get the income from it or have it left to him, and that's what threw me when mention was made of scottish-guy 'taking it over' with regard to the Board.

I should have made a clear differentiation between the bar and board, but they were definitely both purchased with M in mind. I know M wasn't interested in the Board but Neal said that if anything happeded to him it was going to be left to M to sell as a small legacy. I'm afraid I didn't read Neal's BitchBoard postings that 'smiles' referred to before I posted, and just reacted to what I thought smiles and surfcrest were responing to from Neals BB posts with regard the Board, so the two got fused together. Now from the posts on BB i can see more of the detail but it's still slightly confusing, and because I wasn't aware how the deal/agreement with M about the Board was working in minute detail I thought maybe Neal had just mixed them together in his long posts he had been making at BB. I see from Neals most recent post there that the agreement or plan for M getting the board obviously changed at some time later from what Neal had originally told me and now makes sense with regards to it possible being passed to scottish-guy.

Even some of the stuff about the Board and scottish-guys connection is not crystal clear from his BB posts. So sorry for the extra layer of confusion.

Sooty
May 17th, 2013, 14:37
I thought you claimed in an earlier post that you are the person who persuaded Neal to make the investment? Anyone with half a business brain can see that it's nothing more than a vanity project and will never generate a living wage.2. You can make a significant income out of owning sites like this... "Sites like this"??? You mean sites that are developed for pensioners who go to Pattaya for their holidays in the hope of cheap food, cheap drinks and cheap boys, and whine when they don't find them? Plenty of money advertising to that demographic! :leb:

jinks
May 17th, 2013, 15:31
SGF probably wouldn't be here if Neal hadn't bought it. Spike was either going to sell it or close it down. Another buyer offered to buy it and did have control over the board for a few months but THAT buyer backed out of the deal. So Spike then turned to Neal, who had put in an offer a few months earlier and Neal bought it off him.

Slightly wrong, I was advising the first bidder, Neal offered silly money and got it. Nobody backed out.

Surfcrest
May 17th, 2013, 15:40
A couple of things worth saying...

I reckon Neal did leave SGF in a better state than when he bought it. But he was never going to be able to hold onto and sustain this. He's the kind of person who will change or transform something but won't maintain stability. He's just too volatile a personality.

The board has been through some very very dead times and there were definitely worse times under Spike, the previous owner, who simply didn't care what happened. Neal upped the membership and posting activity. He improved the look of the board and introduced the means to more effectively position the ads that pay for it. Did he do this effectively as I thought he could have? No. But he made an effort and there were some positive results.

Unfortunately, his flawed and volatile personality meant the value of these improvements to members couldn't be fully realised until a new owner took over. Once the new owner got rid of Neal and all the personal conflicts and poisonous relations he had developed and his sometimes nasty moderating style, all the improvements that Neal made finally came to be realised.

So that's my take on it... I don't particularly like Neal but I would be lacking in integrity if I didn't offer a balanced opinion of him, that considers the good and the bad.

I know Jinks has had to walk a tight rope over the years and he's copped and dealt with a lot of shit, which none of the members ever see or give him credit for. It's something that Surfcrest will need to watch out for.
Gotcha!

Actually Beachlover, this is quite a good post and a rather accurate perspective that puts what we have read on the board in perspective with what has been going on behind the scenes. I donтАЩt agree SGT probably wouldnтАЩt be here had Neal not bought it, IтАЩm sure there are a few among us that could have stepped up and contributed something, rather than let it die. I canтАЩt recall where in the world I was at the time, but had I been following the board a little more closely back then I could probably have given whatever Spike was looking forтАжand no Neal, I wasnтАЩt running away from the CCTV scandal.

NealтАЩs strongest contribution to SGT has been his positioning of the ad structure. This is one area that I will focus on over the next year before the current ad base expires, clearing way for a higher standard of advertiser and actual revenues. I think if we are currently talking about a ┬╜ million, we are most likely talking about Vietnamese Dong. ThereтАЩs good positioning, but no moneyтАж.only bills.

Smiles built this board from the ground up. So much of what you see of the board today resonates of all the work Smiles put into the board up until he passed it over to Elephant Spike. My perspective of Spike is quite a bit different than yours Beachlover. I never saw him as someone who simply didnтАЩt care as it was he who brought the technology of the board up to where it is today, positioning it well to be a business over time. Neal commercialized the board, allowing the next owner (myself) to build upon that...and that's one of many things I'll probably do over the years.

You are also right on the money with your comment on jinks. I canтАЩt begin to explain the magnitude of resilience jinks has had, moderating through some very tough times, tough times from above and below. Being a moderator is an incredible sacrifice of time of oneтАЩs day and yes it can be fun and enjoyable from time to time with some of the humour splashed around, but there have also been some pretty misguided and hurtful things said to and about jinks. This is volunteer work guys. Jinks has been doing this for us for years...for us and for the board and this should be something we always keep in mind and appreciate, whether we agree with his decisions or not. Whatever Neal wants you to believe, jinks knows what I do and I know what he does and I for one am very, very happy.

So, thank you for that post.

Surfcrest

christianpfc
May 17th, 2013, 21:35
I did not get a PM and nobody registered under may name on the new board, I feel so left out!

giggsy
May 17th, 2013, 23:30
I think Neal wanted to buy this board for the sole reason of wanting to be liked and loved by all. Unfortunately being an owner/moderator without either a thick skin or a sense of humour meant it was not going to end well.
The last time I met up with Neal and Beachlover I just happened to have my video camera with me and took this little film. As you can see Beachy is in his PJ's and really is in his 20's.

[youtube:1up639p5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMLfYuew5B4[/youtube:1up639p5]

Manforallseasons
May 18th, 2013, 00:46
Considering the fiasco Neal created recently on Gaybuttonthai, beginning as "Canadien" morphing into "Captaincrunch" and finally emerging as "Neal" I would say he has some issues.

Surfcrest
May 18th, 2013, 01:40
When I first took a look at that Bitch Board, there was only 1 post from Fred (Flintstone): i.e. the one I made reference to a few posts back. Now 20 minutes or so later there are 5 posts, all whining about his assorted enemies, backstabbers, cheaters, liars and other not nice people. You can`t make this stuff up! So incomprehensibly juvenile yet so embarrassingly fascinating ... kind of like watching a heavily-sweating, leering Jimmy Swaggart dash and gallop all over the stage praising to god and doing the secretary behind the stage`s heavy black curtain.

FattyandSkinny 2 days ago

I admire surfcrests attempt to rid Sawatdee of itsтАжтАжтАжтАжтАж................. ........................................Huge Cocks.
He has clutched two of the boards biggest multi тАжтАжтАжтАжтАжтАж.............. ..........................................Gay Porn for Mobile access
will need to start from the insideтАжтАжтАжтАжтАжтАжтАжт АжтАжтАжтАжтАжтАжтАж.......... .................................................. ..Web Cam Shows.
If the hydras use a proxy it will be an impossible taskтАжтАжтАж............................ ................................Hungry Holes all Raw.
i must also mention that hydras make up a large part of theтАжтАж................................... ..................Huge Dicks Raw Holes
cupboard look bareтАжтАжтАжтАжтАжтАжтАжтА жтАжтАжтАжтАжтАжтАж............ .................................................. .......................Feeling Frisky
hydra-management-t28815.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/hydra-management-t28815.html)

I have a very difficult time reading the PBB with a very close up of some guyтАЩs anus waiting for me each and every time I make my way through the sentence to the right of the page. How do these тАЬNellie NanciesтАЭ function at all in this sort of environment? Funny how NealтАЩs hydras are allowed to run amuck at the PBB while they point their long nails in our direction for the same issue.

I do love poleaxe thoughтАж..the only spot in the PBB undies not soiled yet by a nasty brown skid mark.

Surely their obsession with SGT is indicative of where they really spend most of their time....so welcome Nancies!

Surfcrest

canadien
May 18th, 2013, 10:39
Considering the fiasco Neal created recently on Gaybuttonthai, beginning as "Canadien" morphing into "Captaincrunch" and finally emerging as "Neal" I would say he has some issues.
I don't understand why you think that I am Neal but this is totally untrue. I am myself and no one other.

timmberty
May 19th, 2013, 04:44
it makes me wonder why our beloved beachlover never bought the board when neal did .. when you consider he buys and sells boards and makes millions of pounds a year doing so, plus he was at that time posting on here 25/7..
it was a match made in heaven, but didnt happen.. one wonders why ? well i do anyway. probably had to do a days work on the day the board was sold so missed out on the chance to own it ... those odd days work every 2 or 3 years can be a right bugger huh beachy ?

Sooty
May 19th, 2013, 08:19
it makes me wonder why our beloved beachlover never bought the board when neal did .. when you consider he buys and sells boards and makes millions of pounds a year doing so, plus he was at that time posting on here 25/7..Always claims a comfortable living can be made "from Boards like this" but has no answer to how a living can be made where the audience is (a) a tiny minority (gay guys) (b) an even tinier minority (older gay guys) (c) a yet tinier minority (older gay guys who go to Thailand and specifically Pattaya). What's the number of regular posters? Twenty?

There are only two ways of making decent money online - pornography and gambling. You can also use your site as a storefront (just another way of promoting your offline goods or services eg. Neal's pimping service aka. a gogo bar) or if you're really good at it selling information (all those investment newsletters) ... or hope like hell that you can attract enough visitors to your site because the content is so compelling to justify the prices you would like to charge people to advertise on your site with a view to attracting business to their Web site. Again, what's the number of regular posters? Twenty? Bitch fights don't make for compelling content except to the participants (and people like me who fall about laughing every time I visit SGT).

You mentioned Beachlover's great friend "combat" in another post. I always thought they were one and the same person; didn't combat once let slip that he has actually met Beachlover (the only poster who ever has)?

dab69
May 20th, 2013, 21:37
we have made the news elsewhere.

check out the cartoon(s):

https://bangkokbois.wordpress.com/

this ones just an extra, but board related

http://bangkokbois.wordpress.com/2012/0 ... unnies-25/ (http://bangkokbois.wordpress.com/2012/09/23/sunday-funnies-25/)

scottish-guy
May 20th, 2013, 23:10
I always find the cartoons on that blog quite amusing!!

loke
May 25th, 2013, 18:30
In my opinion the only real forum with interesting news about the gay scene in Thailand is Gaybuttons.

Unless someone decides to do something about it.

netrix
May 26th, 2013, 05:47
wow i missed all the drama. haven't logged in for a few months and look what happens. :ow:

Beachlover
May 28th, 2013, 18:15
"Sites like this"??? You mean sites that are developed for pensioners who go to Pattaya for their holidays in the hope of cheap food, cheap drinks and cheap boys, and whine when they don't find them? Plenty of money advertising to that demographic! :leb:
No... I was referring to forum and online community sites in general. Not this specific target audience. Personally, I think this site could generate an ok chunk of pocket money at best so you would want to be owning several other sites at the same time to get economies of scale and make the effort worthwhile.

I think some of the other Thai expat sites generate decent revenue though. The controversial subject matter and volatility of this site is an obstacle but also gives it a niche.

Slightly wrong, I was advising the first bidder, Neal offered silly money and got it. Nobody backed out.
Sorry... I was just going off what I was told by another party.

My perspective of Spike is quite a bit different than yours Beachlover. I never saw him as someone who simply didnтАЩt care
You are right that Spike did care... I was actually referring to the last 1-2 years that he owned it. It was in those last 1-2 years that it seems he didn't care what happened. Even let the site go down for several days or weeks at a time because the hosting bill was overdue. But I think he was quite pro-active prior to that.

On another note, I would use a professional (a developer experienced with this platform) to manage and make any changes you want to make. Better than getting a self-taught amateur to f*** about for hours trying to figure out this or that and doing a piss poor job of it, which is what Neal probably did. There's plenty of experienced professionals out there. They cost peanuts (e.g. would easily be less than $1,000 to get a simple site like this up, custom designed and professionally configured the way you want it) and will do a professional job without wasting your time.

In my opinion the only real forum with interesting news about the gay scene in Thailand is Gaybuttons.
Nah... I disagree that GBT offers interesting news about the gay scene in Thailand. His site is 90% focused on the commercial sex scene in Pattaya and there is little about life outside that scene. Having said that, the other gay only sites aren't too much better in that respect.

Surfcrest
May 29th, 2013, 01:06
Not this specific target audience. I think some of the other Thai expat sites generate decent revenue though. The controversial subject matter and volatility of this site is an obstacle but also gives it a niche.
You are absolutely right; it does depend on your audience and from a longer term perspective, your target audience. A great example of that would be with the Bitch Board aye, a board whose audience is limited to talking about other boards or characters within other boards. Even the target audience is limited to this by virtue of the name and so their draw base for new membership limited to the exiles or the disenfranchised from other boards, not necessarily anyone interested in Gay ThailandтАжor even Thailand for that matter. If the Gay Thailand boards that they like to talk about die off, like the doom and gloom story they like to predict everydayтАжthen theyтАЩll undoubtedly be the first to go.

Sorry... I was just going off what I was told by another party.
I can only imagine your source of information is the most unreliable source in Pattaya. I think he has demonstrated many times over, from when he burst on the scene reviewing his own bar as a complete stranger when he was justme all the way to the cruisinggaythailand scandal how true anything he says is. What I find the most amusing is that he canтАЩt get anyone to come over тАЬto be dominatedтАЭ in his cruisinggaythailand bed and so not only has he slipped between the sheets at the Bitch Board, but heтАЩs also doing his best to dominate over there. So, if you are missing him...that's the place you'll want to be!

You are right that Spike did care... I was actually referring to the last 1-2 years that he owned it. It was in those last 1-2 years that it seems he didn't care what happened. Even let the site go down for several days or weeks at a time because the hosting bill was overdue. But I think he was quite pro-active prior to that.

On another note, I would use a professional (a developer experienced with this platform) to manage and make any changes you want to make. Better than getting a self-taught amateur to f*** about for hours trying to figure out this or that and doing a piss poor job of it, which is what Neal probably did. There's plenty of experienced professionals out there. They cost peanuts (e.g. would easily be less than $1,000 to get a simple site like this up, custom designed and professionally configured the way you want it) and will do a professional job without wasting your time.
AgainтАжI would question your source of information.

There are three of us at the controls of this site. The experienced professional that you speak of is dante and jinks is our interim moderator until I take over the responsibility. There is no one else secretly at the controlsтАжwhispering in our earsтАжor any of the nonsense you may have heard.

As for a re-design, we are looking at that now. Really, we need to think of our target audienceтАжwhich is (for growth purposes) new gay visitors to ThailandтАжbut also to stay recognizable and familiar to our current membership and to our followers. Members will come from other communities, as they do now because this is the place to be simply based on our membership. I mean, if we are interesting enough to have another board following us like the paparazziтАжthen clearly thereтАЩs cause to be hereтАжif only to eavesdrop.

Appreciate that we just took over earlier this month and yes, we do see the need for improvement and updating based on how the site looks like today. We have a pretty good understanding now of our infrastructure, what it is we can and cannot do and are ready to look at making some incremental changes next over time. Until then, behind the scenes weтАЩll continue to keep the site humming while we work on some of this change.

Surfcrest

dante
May 29th, 2013, 03:28
On another note, I would use a professional (a developer experienced with this platform) to manage and make any changes you want to make.

Hi there! Nice to meet you.

Smiles
May 29th, 2013, 03:37
Hi there! Nice to meet you.
Greetings Dante!
Visited any infernos lately?

Brad the Impala
May 29th, 2013, 05:17
Dante was nearly sent off on Saturday, still nice to know there is a professional in the engine room. The inferno is in Neal's playpen, so best not visited.

Talking of professionals, it was mentioned before, but the link to Forum rules at the top of the page leads to "the requested topic does not exist"!

Sooty
May 29th, 2013, 09:32
Beachlover's post is a pure example of revisionism in action. I've been shown PMs from Beachlover stating unequivocally that this site (not "sites like this" but this site) has lots of potential to make lots of money for its owner. I suspect it is the advice he gave Neal - he does admit to advising Neal - when that purchase was being contemplated.

ftj_taw
May 29th, 2013, 13:31
Beachlover's post is a pure example of revisionism in action. I've been shown PMs from Beachlover stating unequivocally that this site (not "sites like this" but this site) has lots of potential to make lots of money for its owner. I suspect it is the advice he gave Neal - he does admit to advising Neal - when that purchase was being contemplated.

What is the shocking thing? :dontknow: That Beachlover says two different things in two different places, or that he advised Neal, or that Neal what dumb enough to take his advice.?

scottish-guy
May 29th, 2013, 15:01
I've been shown PMs from Beachlover ...

Care to elaborate?

Sooty
May 29th, 2013, 15:07
I've been shown PMs from Beachlover ...Care to elaborate?Someone who is a founding member of the Beachlover Anti-Fan Club has a collection of PMs from Beachlover that he kindly shared with me. Like a747 Beachlover takes a long time to realise his chain is being yanked. Is this a trait common to Australians do you think?

joe552
May 29th, 2013, 15:13
Beachlover takes a long time to realise his chain is being yanked.

presumably because he's too busy with all his international travel and hi-so friends :dontknow: