PDA

View Full Version : help me and my friend with accomodation

martin_paes
May 9th, 2013, 19:09
hello ,
im new to this forum but not new to pattaya been there 2 times before
i m looking for info for me and to compare 2 accommodation places .1) soi yensabai condo and 2) mosiak apartments.

for me i can stay at any one place but im looking for details for my friend who is going with his family(wife and 2 kids) and needs a apt or condo to stay .
what i woould like to know is what is the ways for him to skip sunee plaza to get to soin yensabai condo?
secondly which is better for family and safety yensabai condo or mosiak?
do they have security guards etc???

and for me .. does mosiak allow more than 1 guest to join in my room for a ST?? or its charged?

thank u
expecting a lot of love here :)

joe552
May 9th, 2013, 20:50
Welcome to the forum. I can't speak about Soi Yensabai, but will be returning to Mosaik apartments in 4 weeks :party

There is a security guard outside the office, but it's up to you how many guests you bring to your apartment. They don't check ID of guests (that I'm aware of).

Nirish guy
May 9th, 2013, 22:01
Not only having I never noticed the staff checking ( or caring for that matter) about I.D's as I'm not sure they see themselves in that role as a hotel maybe would as I believe they are there much more as a very basic security and admin point of contact for the Apartments.

Anyone I've ever invited to visit usually comes directly to one of the of the blocks independant electronically locked access doors, rings my room via the video intercom and this enables me to let them in that way ( or in reality me going down to let them in as I can never work out how the bloody intercom works ! ). And whether that be one guy or twenty guys that's entirely up to you, I don't think the staff wise will bat an eyelid either way nor care.

The only one slight negative I have about Mosaik ( which is where I've stayed over many trips now and generally like) is that the beds are really bloody hard and every morning I wake up to find myself needing a REAL and genuine massage just to get the knots out - and I know I'm not the only farang that thinks this. One would have thought that with the use their matresses get they would have had nice springy beds but alas no, in view of the use they MUST get I'm guessing that the management bought in industrial strength matresses for that very reason - but apart from that one thing ( and assuming you pick a room overlooking the street for some light to get in ( in my case anyway) I find Mosaik to be very suitable for my needs !

martin_paes
May 9th, 2013, 22:19
Welcome to the forum. I can't speak about Soi Yensabai, but will be returning to Mosaik apartments in 4 weeks :party

There is a security guard outside the office, but it's up to you how many guests you bring to your apartment. They don't check ID of guests (that I'm aware of).
thank u

but does one have to walk thru the boy bars?
am not aware about soi day night. can u elighten

joe552
May 9th, 2013, 23:05
the boy bars at Sunee Plaza are about 5 minutes walk from Mosaik. As I said I'm not sure about Yensabai condos.

francois
May 10th, 2013, 00:08
One can avoid the boy bars walking to and from Mosaik but likely to pass by the boy massage houses. It would be easier to walk from Mosaik to other attractions for a family.

It is not necessary to walk through Sunee to get to Yensabai Condo but it is further from the main attractions and a more difficult and confusing walk for a family.

Nirish guy
May 10th, 2013, 00:35
but does one have to walk thru the boy bars

If what you are asking is is Mosaik in a suitable area to walk around with a family then the answer is yes absolutely.

As others mentioned Sunee is several streets away and you would have to go out of your way to go there and the boy massage places mentioned are simply normal massage shops with a few boys (and girls and women usually I've found) sitting outside them and short of the "hello, massage" that you hear everywhere in Thailand you'd not even notice them.

Soi day night it should be said is in general a busy shopping, eating area but I think looks a bit run down once you leave the main streets so as to you'd just want to be sure the people going are aware they are in a city centre and not 5 minutes from the beach with nice fench style cafes decking the roads and rows of children friendly shops selling disney world products ! But I'm guessing you've researched "a bit" and know the gist of the area- if not perhaps try google street view to see if Soi day night is up there yet to give you a feel for the place before booking maybe.

colmx
May 10th, 2013, 01:33
If your friend has a wife and 2 kids - then i don't think either mosaik or yensabai is a good option for them!

I would think that one of the View Talays in Jomtien (5 or 7) or Pattaya (6)would be a better option... The jomtien ones are close to beaches restaurants etc
The pattaya one is close to the beach and shopping

Regardless of where you go in Pattaya or Jomtien there will be Girl and boy bars nearby

martin_paes
May 10th, 2013, 03:45
thnak u guys
for me any one yensabai or mosiak will do
but i think for my frnd mosiak is good
close to every thing and less to do with the boys as hes straight :party

newalaan2
May 10th, 2013, 06:16
I believe they are there much more as a very basic security and admin point of contact for the Apartments.
As Nirish states 'martin_paes', there would be no problem with how many you take back to your Mosiak apartment as security would only approach if your guys were being too noisy or rowdy. They tend to keep themselves to themsleves until asked for help.

If your friend has a wife and 2 kids - then i don't think either mosaik or yensabai is a good option for them!I would think that one of the View Talays in Jomtien (5 or 7) or Pattaya (6)would be a better option... The jomtien ones are close to beaches restaurants etcThe pattaya one is close to the beach and shoppingRegardless of where you go in Pattaya or Jomtien there will be Girl and boy bars nearby

I know the OP has specifically asked for a comparison between Mosaik and Yensabai, but I would be interested to know why it has to be down to a choice between these two? I've never seen kids in Mosaik in all the years I've been staying there. I would agree and say neither area suitable for family and young children.

Like Colmx suggests, Jomtien might be a far better option if there were no other specific reasons for wanting to stay in day/night or any area near sunee, sure Jomtein has a boy bar scene but kinda away from the main area, and the girlie scene isn't as blatent as central pattaya. Jomtien has a good long beach with very little or no sex trade looking for customers, with Pattaya Park and a much more family orientated scene in Jomtien area. While a visit to Tuk Com and the shopping centres in central Pattaya would be fine in daylight, when the katoeys start their Beach Road shifts, with the beerbars lining some of beach road and second road, central Pattaya is not a great place for kids to be I would have thought.

Anywhere near sunee with it's rough outer edges full of idiotic middle eastern motorbikers, narrow roads, drunks and occassional druggies could definitely never be classed as 'family friendly' day or night. Has your friend specifically asked to have his family located in these areas?

lonelywombat
May 10th, 2013, 07:55
So often we find replies try and fight the problem with their own solutions.He has asked for comparisons between two places.

My experience is that Yensabai although monitored with cams on every floor, but that does not stop hookers and others knocking on doors, sometimes very early in the morning, looking for a quick buck. There is an adult approach where a lot of male and single patrons seek some sexual contact, all hours day and night.

The Mosaik has annexes with their own entrances , three in the main building, others opposite above the Bordeaux and also facing into Soi Day night. I would assume that the placing of families with children would be in a separate annex, with their own door at street level, used only by similar people.

Here is the reply form. I suggest you ask them if they have family areas or any suggestions.

http://www.mosaikpattaya.net/booking.php

As for the massage places. There are also female massage, makeup shops, places selling cosmetics including Botox among others. Jomtien is not that different.

It seems the OP has his own living arrangements arranged and want his family reasonably close to him.

anonone
May 10th, 2013, 09:16
Not only having I never noticed the staff checking ( or caring for that matter) about I.D's as I'm not sure they see themselves in that role as a hotel maybe would as I believe they are there much more as a very basic security and admin point of contact for the Apartments.

Anyone I've ever invited to visit usually comes directly to one of the of the blocks independant electronically locked access doors, rings my room via the video intercom and this enables me to let them in that way ( or in reality me going down to let them in as I can never work out how the bloody intercom works ! ). And whether that be one guy or twenty guys that's entirely up to you, I don't think the staff wise will bat an eyelid either way nor care.

The only one slight negative I have about Mosaik ( which is where I've stayed over many trips now and generally like) is that the beds are really bloody hard and every morning I wake up to find myself needing a REAL and genuine massage just to get the knots out - and I know I'm not the only farang that thinks this. One would have thought that with the use their matresses get they would have had nice springy beds but alas no, in view of the use they MUST get I'm guessing that the management bought in industrial strength matresses for that very reason - but apart from that one thing ( and assuming you pick a room overlooking the street for some light to get in ( in my case anyway) I find Mosaik to be very suitable for my needs !

I agree 100 % with the beds being "bloody hard"...and I am heartened to know I am not the only one that cannot figure out how the intercom/door release device works.

cdnmatt
May 10th, 2013, 10:02
and I am heartened to know I am not the only one that cannot figure out how the intercom/door release device works.

Not sure, but I was told you can't open the door from the intercom, because too many Thai guys weren't making sure the door closed behind them, allowing other people to quickly sneak in behind them and rob the place. So they force you to go downstairs and open it for them, to help ensure it stays closed.

Nirish guy
May 10th, 2013, 14:42
I'd love to think that my total lack of electronic mastery when it comes to the I think three buttons on the intercom was down to them deactivating it Matt but while what you suggested would be a very plausable idea I honestly don't think so as when the guy leaves your room he goes down unattended and could leave the door wide open on his departure if he chose to ( well there's a good closing spring on them actually but if he WANTED to he could simply hold it open for the world and his mate to walk in unhindered).

However on trying several times to master the system and even sending a boy down so we could test different buttons we still couldn't work it out and likewise when I asked (the stunningly handsome but str8 it seems) young staff member with the long hair how it worked even he couldn't figure it out either ! So who knows perhaps you're right and even though someone going out still leaves them wide open perhaps they have deactivated it thinking it would help, who knows TIT, but I don't think so?

I should add just for those worried then about security that Mosaik have a very good, high quality, high definition CCTV camera system which covers all floors and public areas / access points and they a large screen in the staff area and in my experience the staff miss nothing as once or twice I'd actually nipped down and wedged open the door with a small stone as I was expecting a visitor momentarily and wanted to jump in the shower without having to stand by the door but with seconds of my going back to my room the staff I was told later had subtlety nipped round, removed the stone and relocked the door - and all without ever saying a word to me, so in general I think the place is quite secure.

newalaan2
May 10th, 2013, 15:50
I agree 100 % with the beds being "bloody hard"...
Yet the leather sofas are wonderfully sprung there. It seems to be standard type of mattresses in Thai establishments, any of the 'resorts' or Thai owned hotels I've stayed in around Thailand have been exactly the same...rock hard!

I should add just for those worried then about security that Mosaik have a very good, high quality, high definition CCTV camera system
Yes that is one of the positives of their having cctv, its very good, couple times I've watched the mutli screen with Nong when I 've been in the office and he's said "come over and have a look at this", when some arguement was going on in the main building, and apart from that during the day there is always cleaners and maintenance guys going about.

Not sure, but I was told you can't open the door from the intercom, because too many Thai guys weren't making sure the door closed behind them, allowing other people to quickly sneak in behind them and rob the place.
When I first started using Mosaik after moving from Flamingo Hotel years ago, like cdnmatt I was also told at that time by one of the staff that the system had been disabled by the original farang owner or that there had been some technical problem and the owner was happy not to fix it......something like that, cant remember anything about it being because of thieves or the door being left open as the door automatically closes and locks unless you open it fully and jar it that way. I dont know for certain if what the guy told me was true or just a cover story 'cause he didn't know how to work it either!...so I never tried to use the entry system in the early days and after I hooked up with bf we both had keys so never bothered to try it, when friends come over we just look at eachother to see who is going to budge first to go down.

Any members presently staying at Mosaik can confirm if the system is in full use, just for interests sake?

Nirish guy
May 10th, 2013, 15:57
Yet the leather sofas are wonderfully sprung there.

Absolutely, they were my saving grace as on the odd night where I chose to stick to short time to ensure a decent nights sleep I decamped to the sofa and had a GREAT nights sleep ! And likewise I can confirm they are well sprung, I'm now just wondering did we both find that out the same way though :-)

martin_paes
May 10th, 2013, 16:13
hey guys im very thank ful to each one of you for helping in details.
my friend likes mosiak apts . as he feel sits in budget and close to all the action so he can just ride on his bike to WS or where he wants and then also come in the nights to check on his family..

now he will be taking 2 rooms as in one his wife and ki8ds will sleep and in the other he and may be his ST (secretly) bout for a few hrs.
i told him ask for the alternate rooms not the rooms close to each other :D

im just eager to know how its gonna go

newalaan2
May 10th, 2013, 16:45
now he will be taking 2 rooms as in one his wife and ki8ds will sleep and in the other he and may be his ST (secretly) bout for a few hrs
Ok that puts your original post into perspective now!

I'm now just wondering did we both find that out the same way though :-)
I'm pretty sure you already know the answer to that! But thanks must go to bf for that 'discovery' as the last few years as his "martini-appetite" has grown significantly, takes me all my time to keep up! Never thought i'd see the day I might have to consider a "headache" excuse. I said "might".

Ironically they are real comfy those sofas and chairs but when our friends come round, they move the chairs back out of the way so they can sit on the floor at the low table! Huh?

Nirish guy
May 10th, 2013, 16:59
now he will be taking 2 rooms as in one his wife and ki8ds will sleep and in the other he and may be his ST (secretly) bout for a few hrs. i told him ask for the alternate rooms not the rooms close to each other :D

Jesus, I can't work out whether the guys a genius or a nutter, I would think if it was me I'd be making sure my wife ( if I had one) was as FAR away from ANY room I might be bringing a boy back to as was humanly possible "just in case" - but perhaps he's an old hand at such fun and games and knows what works best for him - here 's hoping !

And I'm sure we'll ALL be interested to hear how that goes for him - one way or the other :-) Mind you he'll get one hell of a shock if he comes down the corridor and see's his wife coming out of another room that she'd booked on the quiet, complete with HER boy in tow. :-)

Oh the tangled webs some people have to weave, it makes me positively happy to be single sometimes ! :-)

martin_paes
May 10th, 2013, 18:02
And I'm sure we'll ALL be interested to hear how that goes for him - one way or the other :-) Mind you he'll get one hell of a shock if he comes down the corridor and see's his wife coming out of another room that she'd booked on the quiet, complete with HER boy in tow. :-)

u just made me :sign5:

im eager to know how it goes

arsenal
May 10th, 2013, 20:47
The OP is a child. He has been posting here for several months under different names. His posts are always the same. They are longish questions with varying amounts of information. One answer just leads to more questions, he always sems to have quite a lot of information for someone who pretends to know nothing. His threads drone on and on in an inanely chatty way until eventually they run out of steam. Then we never hear from this person again. Shortly after that he re-registers with another name and begins his games all over again.
To those who have been away for a while, guys, you'll soon begin to recognise his style.
As I have said before. Welcome back Harry2.

martin_paes
May 10th, 2013, 21:17
The OP is a child. He has been posting here for several months under different names. His posts are always the same. They are longish questions with varying amounts of information. One answer just leads to more questions, he always sems to have quite a lot of information for someone who pretends to know nothing. His threads drone on and on in an inanely chatty way until eventually they run out of steam. Then we never hear from this person again. Shortly after that he re-registers with another name and begins his games all over again.
To those who have been away for a while, guys, you'll soon begin to recognise his style.
As I have said before. Welcome back Harry2.
???????