PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast

June 2nd, 2006, 10:41
I would like to know where the best breakfasts are in Pattaya and what type price etc - and what is the earliest I can eat.
say from 5 am onwards

Tks

Surfcrest
June 2nd, 2006, 12:35
Some of the late, late, late sidewalk places on South road near Hollywood Disco are still open if you are looking for Thai noodles and such.

If you are looking for something good later on, The Sea Falcon next to The Sugar Palm Hotel right down on Dongtan Beach make one of the most amazing Eggs Benedict platter. If you are in tow with last nightтАЩs prize, they will be equally impressed with the quality / taste of Thai food at the Sea Falcon. I've brought a few of the fussiest Thais and they were equally impressed with the food and with the disciplined service.

ThereтАЩs a very fair Issan boy there with shoulder length hair that is especially sweet.

There is also a family that serves fruit to the beach from the north corner of TuiтАЩs. While in Pattaya I like to take advantage of the great quality of fruit (especially mangos in season) in lieu of breakfast. The son, daughter and mother have been working the gay beach for many years.

June 3rd, 2006, 01:44
Does Niddy's Nook do breakfast?

June 3rd, 2006, 01:56
Does Niddy's Nook do breakfast?
Cheeseburgers in Paradise at NIDDY'S NOOK (the most famous restaurant on the Eastern Seaboard) along with a Thaiquila cocktail make a fine breakfast!
And as brekkie is a smaller meal, three cheeseburgers rather than five will suffice for those with girlish appetites.

June 3rd, 2006, 04:22
SURFCREST SAID: If you are in tow with last nightтАЩs prize, they will be equally impressed with the quality / taste of Thai food at the Sea Falcon. I've brought a few of the fussiest Thais and they were equally impressed with the food and with the disciplined service.

They can't have been too fussy then - if they had you in tow as THEIR nite's prize

I suppose anything would be better than their usual formica topped tables and plastic cultery

:bootyshake:

Surfcrest
June 3rd, 2006, 07:23
They can't have been too fussy then - if they had you in tow as THEIR nite's prize
I suppose anything would be better than their usual formica topped tables and plastic cultery

Personally I think Oogleman looks like a young Alec Guinness

boygeenyus - if you weren't such a CUNT the gay people of this forum might actually begin to like you

Boygeorge is so fat when his beeper goes off, people thought he was backing up.
Boygeorge is so fat he puts on his lipstick with a paint-roller.
Boygeorge is so fat he had to go to Sea World to ...

Maybe God decided it was time to clear out all of those gay eskimos
Time to stop them playing in/with each other's ice holes

Maybe simply a reflection of the true Smiles!!
Dull colorless and boring - perhaps?

Sometimes after reading your posts I wish I could kcik you right in your Mole Hole
What a WANKER you can be
Anyway if you are a true Australian then perhaps Numbat is more appropriate

I've just marvelled at your impressive 15 posts to date jojohydra.

I'm not sure what you base your posts on or whether it's merely a reflection of your trailer park upbringing.

Never the less, I've added you to my Ignore List with your other lame handles.

Lets hope your shrink is still listening to you.......

June 3rd, 2006, 12:19
To: ahobni, thaiguila, jojpreppy, surfcrest et al -

Why don't you guys just fuck off and start your own thread - I asked what I thought was a very simple question and got
totally irrelevant crap. Thankyoul

June 3rd, 2006, 12:21
Oops, sorry surfcrest - thanks for your input

June 3rd, 2006, 12:36
Did I forget to mention that the bar the Lone Ranger and Tonto walked into serves a great all day breakfast starting at 4:55am each morning?

Just follow the fat Aussie midget wearing the Big Bird outfit as he reels out of Sunee doing the Chicken Dance. He will be accompanied by a guy wearing an Indian outfit - ala Village People

Cost is only 100 baht per serve - all you can eat

June 3rd, 2006, 13:13
... if you are interested in traditonal English Breakfast but you can find all day breakfasts almost anywhere. For ease of location and a fairly decent truck stop caf' brekkie, I have found Monty's to be decent fare. Two eggs, bacon (not that crunchy American bacon either), beans, tomatos, toast, jam, tea or coffee and juice @ Bt99.

I also have been back to Monty's to try the cheeseburger there (I'll cross sample this with Niddy's soon) and found it also up to trucker standards. A decent sized burger, fresh (non packaged) thick wedge of cheese and chips (fries) cooked as my old mum used to make (you can taste the fat content). Not something even I could cope with everyday but once in awhile, if you want those arteries hardened up, pop along and try Monty's out.

Oh and the two day time staff are entertaining and a laugh.

June 3rd, 2006, 13:56

You forgot those cunning little square napkins. The ones that are rolled up inside a charming plastic container.

Dodger
June 3rd, 2006, 15:38
me4Thai,

If you're around the Sunee area,...Monty's Bed & Breakfast serves a great breakfast starting at around 9:30 AM for a whopping 99 baht.

Boyztown...try LeCafe Royale, or, for a cheap - on-the-run...breakfast, try the Boat Bakery (across second Rd. from Boyztown)

Jomtien Plaza...try Two Faces...nice breakfast...bold coffee...well Hung waiters. About 120 baht for the food...the waiters???..up to you.

mai pen rai

Smiles
June 3rd, 2006, 22:12
For a very good breakfast . . . try the KonTiki Restaurant just across the Soi (and toward Jomtiem Rd. a little) from the Bondi Hotel in Jomtien Complex.

Best western breakfast I've tried in Pattaya/Jomtien: the Thai owner/cook makes a great omelet, and regular eggs, bacon, ham etc etc are fine as well.
NOT open at 5am (!?), but sometime around 7am you should be fine. The rice soup there is very tasty as well. Not expensive at all.

It's certainly looks nothing fancy, no ambiance whatsoever. But the food makes up for it.

Cheers ...

painai2
June 4th, 2006, 04:47
I liked Googies Restaurant--the scrambled eggs were the best I've had in Pattaya. For coffee, you can't beat Starbucks. Lek's Hotel has a wonderful all you can eat falang/Thai food buffet 'til 1:00p.m. for 110 baht.

Dick
June 4th, 2006, 09:25
Lek's Hotel ~ good call. The coffee tastes good too, and no extra charge for refills. Big selection from the buffet, Asian and European. Clean food, good taste! Great value for money. I've even stayed in their hotel by virtue of the breakfast (not included in room rate).

June 4th, 2006, 09:27
Leks is good value and its fun in a down market Las Vegas cheapo buffet kind of way, but face it, the food is horse feed.

June 5th, 2006, 02:17
I disagree. Leks is my favorite place for breakfast. As Dick said, coffee is good and food above average. Cinnemon rolls are especially tasty.

June 5th, 2006, 02:27
Thaiquila wrote :

the food is horse feed.

Horse Feeds have researched and formulated a comprehensive range of highly digestible feeds so that every type of horse is catered for in any given circumstance.

CONSISTENCY
Only the hiqhest quality materials, all of vegetable oriqin, are used, and every ingredient is carefully selected by following strict quality control procedures, before being included in any batch. Animal derivatives are not included In any of our feeds. The formulations for the rations are fixed, so that quality and consistency are maintained throughout, and the company's "Open Declaration" policy means that each ingredient is listed on the bag label in order of inclusion.

BALANCED DIETS
Every Horse Feed diet is made entirely from individual feedingstuffs, each of which the horse would eat if fed separately, and then balanced with a high profile vitamin and mineral specification, so that all the nutrients are in the correct amounts when fed according to recommendations which means optimum levels can be achieved for the horse's health and performance.

VALUE FOR MONEY
The feeds are designed to match the needs of specific types of horses, therefore each of the compounds contains the level of protein, energy, fibre, vitamins and minerals that is relevant to the horse it is intended for. Particular attention is paid to the digestibility of the ration, and consequently, the main base for the feeds is alfalfa, which provides a valuable source of highly digestible and nutritious fibre, unlike cereal by-products that are indigestible in comparison. This added digestibility to diets makes them very efficient and cost effective giving excellent value for money.

What more you want Thaiquila ?

June 5th, 2006, 03:23
Sorry, maybe I am a food snob, but I have a higher standard for food quality. I still think Leks is fun once in a while.
What I always have to ask myself, "Is it as good as NIDDY's NOOK?" and then I always once again find myself dragging my fat ass down the mean, smelly streets of Soi Day Night for a taste of heaven on earth! Cheeseburger BLISS!

June 5th, 2006, 07:00
and then I always once again find myself dragging my fat ass down the mean, smelly streets

Sorry, maybe I am a food snob,

Your a fat ass Thaiquila ? I agree they must make the smelly streets broader !

sing_lofty_sing
June 5th, 2006, 07:45
Ok then what i do is a box of cornflakes in my room , freshmilk in the fridge, and my travel kettle takes care of my breakfast. Why pay somone else!

June 5th, 2006, 07:58
Ok then what i do is a box of cornflakes in my room , freshmilk in the fridge, and my travel kettle takes care of my breakfast. Why pay somone else!

And the boy makes your coffee !

June 5th, 2006, 08:07
At least the cream!

American Teacher-old
June 5th, 2006, 09:00
Sorry, maybe I am a food snob, but I have a higher standard for food quality. I still think Leks is fun once in a while.
What I always have to ask myself, "Is it as good as NIDDY's NOOK?" and then I always once again find myself dragging my fat ass down the streets of Soi Day Night for a taste of heaven on earth! Cheeseburger BLISS!

Funny that Thaiquila, Niddy's Nook doesn't serve breakfast. As for your fat ass, I am going to guess that you can blame that on the fact that you blow so much hot air out of your other orifice.

But, I will agree with the Cheeseburger Bliss comment.

Niddy's Nook does after all have "Pattaya's Tastiest Cheeseburger!"

www.niddysnook.com (http://www.niddysnook.com)
** check out our online store too! **

Fondly,
Chris

catawampuscat
June 5th, 2006, 09:18
Try Boat Bakery, just across 2nd Road from Boyztown and most mornings full of farangs with their offs from the nite before.. Almost a tradition to
go to Boat with your long time off (sleep over) from the nite before and eat breakfast at Boat and send the boy on his way.. It has been a while
since I breakfasted at the Boat but I remember the prices were around 40B. for a full breakfast.. Goggies in DayNight popular but
not such a bargain as Boat..Also in DayNight is Salt & Pepper, cheap, tasty and friendly ..lots of regulars and expats go there...

BTW, I am amazed this thread's author managed to keep this thread on topic with just a pithy comment.. impressive!!

June 5th, 2006, 12:42
What I always have to ask myself, "Is it as good as NIDDY's NOOK?" and then I always once again find myself dragging my fat ass down the streets of Soi Day Night for a taste of heaven on earth! Cheeseburger BLISS!

Funny that Thaiquila, Niddy's Nook doesn't serve breakfast. As for your fat ass, I am going to guess that you can blame that on the fact that you blow so much hot air out of your other orifice.

But, I will agree with the Cheeseburger Bliss comment.

Niddy's Nook does after all have "Pattaya's Tastiest Cheeseburger!"

www.niddysnook.com (http://www.niddysnook.com)
** check out our online store too! **

Fondly,
Chris
It does take a lot of hot air to talk up Niddy's Nook like I have lately. Excuse me, where is the gratitude?

Up2U
June 5th, 2006, 12:53
The 3 worst breakfasts I've had in recent memory were:

1. The DayNite Hotel buffet (they do open at 7:00 a.m.)
2. The Boat Bakery (what can you really expect for 37 baht)
3. The restaurant at Le Residence Hotel in Bangkok quite a few years back.

I like Googie's across from the DayNite Hotel, about 1/2 the price of the BT venues. Next trip I want to try the Continental Bakery in JomTien.

June 5th, 2006, 14:38
If you were unable to finish it all, can we assume it was served in a 55-gallon slop bucket?

June 5th, 2006, 15:22
How much does a bald fat midget eat? Guess we'll need to ask boygeorge that and we all know boygeorge is known for giving it away.

June 5th, 2006, 21:12
Thaiquila wrote ;

It does take a lot of hot air . Excuse me, where is the gratitude?

http://upload4.postimage.org/336435/102365.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/336435/photo_hosting.html)

Catch it !