PDA

View Full Version : jinks named interim Forum Moderator

Surfcrest
May 5th, 2013, 14:51
Sawatdee Update

I have asked jinks, a long term moderator and friend of many of you here to step back into the Administrators role for us. I am pleased to announce that Jinks has graciously accepted, but on a temporary basis. During this time, I will be able to assess our moderator needs and move the right person or persons permanently into that role.

Again, I would really like to thank Neal for his patience through the transfer of ownership, his generous donation of time and energy managing things for us right up until now and for being so resilient through this all. I would hope the membership would consider Neal and my friendship and how unhappy IтАЩd be knowing certain members were still cutting Neal down and so I hope that stops and that he is recognized for the good things heтАЩs done for this board. I am very hopeful that Neal will continue to be a member here with us, whether or not his presence is noticed.

If you have any concerns with this announcement you can send me a PM or an email to surfcrest@hotmail.com

Surfcrest

timmberty
May 5th, 2013, 15:11
well im ok i think .. ive just had a look to see if ive slagged off jinks in the past ... and ive not ...phew
mind you jinks always said he wouldnt cut his hair till he got a job back on the board, so thats one problem solved.

jinks
May 5th, 2013, 15:18
Remember Gentlemen that this TEMPORARY for a few weeks to help surfcrest take over smoothly.

I am having to re-learn where the appropriate tools are.

ainamor
May 5th, 2013, 15:29
It is to be hoped than Jinks moderates according to the forum's guidelines and does not make decisions based on his personal feeling on a subject or his personal feeling towards a member as he has done many times in the past. Deletions were done on a whim and the board guidelines became Jinks' guidelines.

cdnmatt
May 5th, 2013, 16:06
Welcome back jinks, and good to see some experience back in the moderation pool, even if it is only temporary.

Sooty
May 5th, 2013, 16:29
It's as if Neal never existed :party

jinks
May 5th, 2013, 17:38
He did a good job, and like me deserves a rest.

Everyone leave it out - PLEASE.

Zebedee
May 5th, 2013, 17:41
Neal was ok! Never met the man in person , but exchanged emails and a few PMs. Came across as ok to me ,.....more than I can say say for some here.

jinks
May 5th, 2013, 17:49
Zebedee, you would have more credibility if you had not re-registered

I'll try to reinstate your old posts.

Zebedee
May 5th, 2013, 18:12
Neal was ok! Never met the man in person , but exchanged emails and a few PMs. Came across as ok to me ,.....more than I can say say for some here.
CREDIBILITY!! Moi!
Are you out of your p├вt├й ?

Zebedee
May 5th, 2013, 18:36
Jinks, not quite sure how to to put this. So here goes:
I do NOT particularly like you! I hold you and Elephantspikej (if he exists) responsible for the demise of this institution SGT !
You allowed beachlover Catawampus,et al, to hijack this board for your collective non stop attacks on LMTU , to the detriment of all other posters. I am not trying to defend LMTU, rather , as a moderator at the time,....you didn't moderate! At least it didn't suit you to do so!
You are supposed to be impartial

jinks
May 5th, 2013, 20:17
So you came back just to let off steam.

Nothing new, nothing to offer.

I will not react further, it's up to surfcrest if you stay.

Brad the Impala
May 6th, 2013, 01:07
I hold you and Elephantspikej (if he exists) responsible for the demise of this institution SGT !

Demise?! Is this a forum I see before me?

bucknaway
May 6th, 2013, 04:48
jinks again? Wow! I bet in 100 years from now, they will dig jinks up and prop him up next to a keyboard so that he can be a forum moderator again!

:sign5:

travelerjim
May 6th, 2013, 07:28
WELCOME BACK jinks ...

Your moderator services are much appreciated... :hello2:
I do not know how you do it...with the varied personalities & interests on this forum.

But I am sure Surfcrest welcomes, as I do I, your helful assist.
Just maybe you will feel the "love" via the forum in coming weeks and extend your services :love4:

Take good care,

tj

colmx
May 6th, 2013, 07:45
WELCOME BACK jinks ...

But I am sure Surfcrest welcomes, as I do I, your helful assist.
Just maybe you will feel the "love" via the forum in coming weeks and extend your services :love4:

i second TJs welcome and welcome jinks back to the job that he has done so well over the years.... hope the return can be extended into an Alex Ferguson type "retirement"!

Zebedee
May 6th, 2013, 16:41

"Nothing new to offer" that is indeed your tried and tested refrain! Mr jinks!

You have skilfully managed to hide away in the background ,but I suspect Sir you are not without sin .....ie in the involvement of the infamous Beach lover ,coffee break, hime, etc. etc hijacking of this board about 2005!
Are you one and the same?..

witchhunt
May 6th, 2013, 18:06
Hey Surfcrest May I nominate Zebedee as the first deletion . My privilege.

SmoothLegs
May 6th, 2013, 19:13
Maybe Zebedee should open his own board and make noise over there. :laughing3:

Surfcrest
May 7th, 2013, 00:25
Jinks, not quite sure how to to put this. So here goes:
I do NOT particularly like you! I hold you and Elephantspikej (if he exists) responsible for the demise of this institution SGT !
You allowed beachlover Catawampus,et al, to hijack this board for your collective non stop attacks on LMTU , to the detriment of all other posters. I am not trying to defend LMTU, rather , as a moderator at the time,....you didn't moderate! At least it didn't suit you to do so!
You are supposed to be impartial

"Nothing new to offer" that is indeed your tried and tested refrain! Mr jinks!
You have skilfully managed to hide away in the background ,but I suspect Sir you are not without sin .....ie in the involvement of the infamous Beach lover ,coffee break, hime, etc. etc hijacking of this board about 2005!
Are you one and the same?..

Hey Surfcrest May I nominate Zebedee as the first deletion . My privilege.
First, let me say that deleting, banning or suspending someone should be a last resort option. While I am not a big fan of heavy handed moderation, clearly we can't have a runaway train of dissent without due cause. Having been a member during the time that Zebedee is referring to, as would several other members hereтАж.IтАЩm not quite sure I understand what the complaint is.

For one thing, Beachlover joined in January of 2008, it appears hime showed up on the scene around November of 2008 and CoffeeBreak September 19, 2008. There was some hijacking going on of ships off the coast of Somalia in 2005, but I am not aware of any other incidents of hijacking here or any place else in the world at that time.

As for Catawampuscat, I see Zebedee having a run at Cat back in August 2010;

I am not having a cheap shot at you, but when you ,Beachlover,Sanook,Voyager,hereforme,LMTU, were trading insults on a DAILY basis over a period of many MONTHS did you guys ever consider the rest of us ? NO, not for a second.You guys effectively hijacked the forum for your own indulgence .
I would LOVE if the board could go back to the way it was with sensible,tolerant posters,but until there is evidence of that happening I will continue with this childish tit for tat farce!!!

Scottish Guy replies to posts one after the other...as if he is a schoolteacher correcting/grading some kids homework....exiting then with his sarcastic comments.The problem of course is that he actually thinks he is hilarious!!Such fcuking breathtaking arrogance!
Perhaps Zebedee was known by another name back in 2005 or from whenever his grievances ariseтАжIтАЩm not sure and it would be difficult to investigate those based on the only information before us.

It was, however, my decision to work together with Jinks through this transfer and to bring someone in with both an incredible amount of knowledge about the board, the membership and about the phpBB software that this forum runs onтАжand I think for the majority of the membership including those who have not yet come home to SGTтАж.this was the right thing to do. I am pleased by the response so far by the membership to this decision and hope Jinks and I are able to continue working on the things we need to do. Currently Jinks and I are the only two at the controls and that won't change without prior notification to all of the membership.

If Zebedee would like to send me a PM or an email with his specific complaints laid out, I would be happy to investigate and try to resolve these. If not, he would be best to accept the administrative decisions we are making toward making this board better, more interactive and more importantly, more inclusive

Surfcrest

Brad the Impala
May 7th, 2013, 00:41
To get on with jinks, it is important not to use a capital J. You are indeed honoured if he hasn't mentioned it yet.

giggsy
May 7th, 2013, 02:45
I like a few others have not been contributing to SGT for a while, but would like to congratulate Surfcrest on buying the board, I used to like your posts.
Also welcome back jinks. I always thought of you as a fairy godfather looking after the board and memberships interests.
I will also look forward to Neals contributions as a normal member. I hope he learns not to take things too seriously and gets back to enjoying posting on here again.

Smiles
May 7th, 2013, 02:48
To get on with jinks, it is important not to use a capital J. You are indeed honoured if he hasn't mentioned it yet.
Oh so true! 'jinks-uncapitalized' is a necessity for a peaceful entente. Capitalized 'j's' turn him into 'jinks-unchained' ... a right nasty bitch.
Keep the peace Surfcrest.

giggsy
May 8th, 2013, 19:06
Eer' I have just notice I have gone past the 500 post mark again. In my reckoning that is the 42nd time I have reached that mark with all the deletions over the last couple of years.

Neal
May 8th, 2013, 19:16
Shame they dont have a smiley that yawns but they do have one that :sleepy1: :sleepy2: :sleepy1:

martin911
May 9th, 2013, 13:12
Why does everybody keep talking / bitching about the past ????

Marsilius
May 9th, 2013, 17:22
Because the bulk of our experience - of life or merely of this board - has taken place in the past; thus our opinions and values are inevitably formed by it.

While the future remains largely speculative, both the objective data of the past and our subjective experiences of it are the main (hopefully reliable) personal sources from which we construct our beliefs and opinions about life - or, indeed, about this forum.

scottish-guy
May 9th, 2013, 19:39
What Marsilius said.

:notworthy:

arsenal
May 9th, 2013, 21:47
Welcome back Scottish Guy, the old place just wasn't the same without you. :love4:

timmberty
May 10th, 2013, 02:38
funny enough what arsenal says sums up how the board will go from now on .. its the same old people who will make the same old posts and have the same old arguments ... the past will be the future .. its all doomed ... there will be no new members joining from the other forums .. they will just be glad to have their own boards back for their own little clicks ..
this will be nut house central. ... give it time and im sure lmtu will start posting from atop his chimney.

May 10th, 2013, 02:50
Every board does seem to have it's own cliques now dosen't it?

newalaan2
May 10th, 2013, 07:41
Certainly good to see jinks back at SGF, never agreed with any of his moderating decisions when it comes to locking threads however, but good to have someone reliable with experience to look out for any of the more potentially serious posts which could be a problem legally for forum or owner and certainly always appreciate the amount of work which goes into checking through all the posts and work involved for someone who is not even owner.

But what's this??.............

Is this someone new who has taken over a previous members handle? It cannot be the same Scottish-guy who turned his back on this forum and it's members flouncing off in a humongous strop to more greener pastures than our sad little forum promising never to return under any guise...nobody would possibly be so brass-necked as to appear back just a matter of weeks after such a self important dramatic departure...would they?

I am correct am I? There was a definite "I am leaving this forum!!" never to return! thread? I seem to remember the 'farewell forever' thread landed up as just another victim of Neal's machette-moderation technique. I dont remember any other member leaving with a dramatic announcement........A447, Joe, Irish did join another forum as many of us have while also remaining to post and enagage here at SGF, but no other 'centre of attention...look at me I'm leaving!" threads.... just the one. So is it an 'imposter'?

If not and he is the original SG.........in the spirit of the new found freedom from the shackles of kim-un-neal's previous regime and a new dawning with Surfcrest i suppose all should be made welcome, no matter how devisive their contributions in the past. But while I'm sure his clique will be delighted to get things back as before, be assured there are many who, while not as vocal as some, dont particularly relish the same set-up here as was the case in the few months just prior to Neals announcement to leave, where thread after thread was turned to drivel for the apparent private 'fun' of very few.......and as a result viewing and posts dropped off to an all-time low........ Many were hoping Neal's departure would open the way for a different direction away from the forum of that specific peroid with Surfcrest.

arsenal
May 10th, 2013, 10:14
Welcome back all or welcome back none. Personally I prefer the squabbling and genuine info of long time members to the inane chitty-chatty questions of the semingly endless 'newbies' who have taken over this board recently.

scottish-guy
May 10th, 2013, 15:44
Well, well, Newalaan - some things never change do they ?

I'm not engaging one of those petty squabbles you so love - sorry to disappoint.

On 1st March I joined GayThailand and have been posting there since - which I will continue to do.
The reason that I have come back here is quite simple - the SGT toilet has been flushed and the "blockage" removed.

I never said I would not return and I am certainly not the only person to have posted a "goodbye" thread - here is an example with the ID removed:

Goodbye

The inmates can now run amuck.... Goodbye.

I am unable to comit suicide .... !

The board won't let me.

Now, guess what - the author of the above also CAME BACK and you warmly WELCOMED him - so I think any reasonable person can see that your mock surprise/outrage/whatever at my re-appearance is really just personal antipathy.

Surfcrest
May 10th, 2013, 16:31
People have their own reasons for leaving and their own reasons for coming back. IтАЩm thrilled to see these very notable members return and hopefully start posting again. With such a significant philosophical shift in how the board is managed / not managed, I'd expect quite a few past members coming back home to SGT. Maybe weтАЩll even see and welcome an increase in new members as well. The magic of this board has always been the membership. I hope weтАЩll all be able to look back upon this coming era someday and say тАЬthatтАЩs when the membership was at its best, itтАЩs most entertainingтАЭ. Like my own fond memories of the days of wowpow, TeePee, Rainwalker, Hedda, Iwan UK, Fatman41, The Colonel / Homintern, Boygeenyus, Khunying Sanitreee, Dame Sanitree na Pakin, Edith, A Doctor Wrote, TrongPaiExpat, Farang BossтАжand many more who are with us right now.

Even young Mr. Beachlover is learning.

One thing I have learnt is it's best to just post what you want to post and not worry too much about what other people are posting, whether they're being honest, whether they're slagging you off, whether they're trolling or taking the piss and winding people up or whatever... It's just a waste of energy on a bottomless pit.
HereтАЩs a favorite of my own;

To be aware of a single shortcoming within oneself is more useful than to be aware of a thousand in somebody else.

~His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Surfcrest

newalaan2
May 10th, 2013, 17:09
The magic of this board has always been the membership. I hope weтАЩll all be able to look back upon this coming era someday and say тАЬthatтАЩs when the membership was at its best, itтАЩs most entertainingтАЭ. Like my own fond memories of the days of wowpow, TeePee, Rainwalker, Hedda, Iwan UK, Fatman41, The Colonel / Homintern, Boygeenyus, Khunying Sanitreee, Dame Sanitree na Pakin, Edith, A Doctor Wrote, TrongPaiExpat, Farang BossтАжand many more who are with us right now.
Some classic and great names there for sure, and also very encouraging to hear those words come from an owner.......many mods and owners forget that a forum is all about the membership without which it's no more than a personal blog.

To be aware of a single shortcoming within oneself is more useful than to be aware of a thousand in somebody else.
Thats a bit unfair Surfcrest, I never said scottish-guy had a thousand shortcomings................though i certainly might well have close to that number!

scottish-guy
May 10th, 2013, 17:51
....I never said scottish-guy had a thousand shortcomings................though i certainly might well have close to that number!

Go fight with someone else - I'm not playing.

:thebirdman:

timmberty
May 10th, 2013, 18:46
lets all be glad dear old scotty couldnt hold his pretence for a few more weeks than he did ... otherwise he would now be the owner of the board ..
and yes newallan is right scotty did say he was never even going to look in to this board again .. let alone talk about it .. and surely not on it..
but then we all know anyone whos says thats it im out of there for good.. goes and gets a new i.d. before the inks dry on the death certificate.

scottish-guy
May 10th, 2013, 19:39
I don't have an "new ID" - as you can plainly see.

It would have been the easiest thing in the world to just register under another ID, but I don't do hydras.

Unfortunately I can't say the same about you. You've got more faces than Lon Chaney and more handles than a Coffin factory.

Please explain your comment about how I would have been "the owner of this board" - I'm puzzled.

jinks
May 10th, 2013, 19:41
OK, the toys are community property. Leave them in the play pen when you have finished.

timmberty
May 10th, 2013, 19:46
I don't have an "new ID" - as you can plainly see.

It would have been the easiest thing in the world to just register under another ID, but I don't do hydras.

Unfortunately I can't say the same about you. You've got more faces than Lon Chaney and more handles than a Coffin factory.
realy dear ??? do tell me what they are then.... you said you wouldnt even look in on this board same as you never looked at the pattaya bb, so did the same friend who was over there telling you everything that was going on over there, keep you informed about here too ???
as a mod i guess you have access to i,d's etc etc so you must have a list of all the names i use on here ..
or are you doing the little schoolboy thing of ... i dont but you do .... well i said it first so i win. ner ner.

newalaan2
May 10th, 2013, 19:50
OK, the toys are community property. Leave them in the play pen when you have finished.
Ok jinks will do! just this last one as Scottish-guy was way off-course with his reply.

Go fight with someone else - I'm not playing.

Humour bypass? Sorry scottish-guy you jumped in too quickly without reading my reply to Surfcrest properly. Since Surfcrest took a wee dig at me, which I appreciated, what I said in response was........ that while I never said you (scottish-guy) had one thousand shortcomings...... that I well might have that close to that number.....e.g... MYSELF, not you! It was self-deprecating.

The only mention of fight was your one. Once again you've started a fight with yourself...read the post again! It was a lighthearted jest at MYSELF! for goodness sake.

May 10th, 2013, 19:55
Is this what this board is all about?

scottish-guy
May 10th, 2013, 20:12
Newalaan - Fair comment - I did misread it - apologies!

Timmberty - your last post is not even worth replying to in any detail.
Anybody who hasn't figured out for themselves who you are must be as dim as a glow-worm's armpit my dear.

timmberty
May 10th, 2013, 20:20
wow the gentlemans board seems to have done the job a few weeks ago you would have accused him of changing what he typed ... now if you can let me know my hydras i'll be happy too ?
bty welcome back .. i forget to mention it ... and yes i dont mind you coming back, not that it would matter even if i did ...
its nice to feel the love again !!

timmberty
May 10th, 2013, 20:24
Newalaan - Fair comment - I did misread it - apologies!

Timmberty - your last post is not even worth replying to in any detail.
Anybody who hasn't figured out for themselves who you are must be as dim as a glow-worm's armpit my dear.
ok lets open it up to everyone ... someone prove scotty right ... mister crest has my i.p. thingy so he can verify i hope ?
lets see how many people our newbi just called glow worms :) oh i did a ni ..... lol

scottish-guy
May 10th, 2013, 20:38
Your IP?

That only works if you expect people to think you're daft enough to post under multiple IDs from a single IP address.

Don't insult us any more than you have already.

Thanks for the welcome - I'll cherish it forever.

Nirish guy
May 10th, 2013, 20:58
:) oh i did a ni ..... lol

Actually you managed to two TWO ni's as you got the smiley face AND an LOL - well done, you get extra points for that !

But seriously guys - can we not move on past all this nonsense, I honestly believe everyone ( including myself) is bored to the back teeth reading all the bull and the back and forward tennis between people ( in general ) - it really shouldn't be and isn't what this board was or is about and let's not allow it to slide to that dark place again.

As we all know Hydra's are unfortuantely a part of this and probably all other boards, that's just a (sad) fact of life, so lets not dwell on that anymore and if someone wants to play that "game" well that's up to them I guess, but instead how about we try instead to put our energies into posting interesting, informative, enteraining posts and whilst everyone of course will have a different view of what those posts might be, hopefully we can all agree that they should be positve and not negative in their tone and their content towards each other, as lets face it the other way was tried and almost actively encouraged and promoted on this board bboth overtly and covertly no matter what was said publicly about that and look where THAT all ended us up.

So, we've a new owner now, who's moderation ( or non moderation as he so nicely worded it) is a breath of fresh air, so lets not waste or abuse that opportunity by going back to the boring old point scoring days of the past and forcing his hand as to how he has to deal with that (or not as I'm guessing he's got better things to do). We've all a collective opportunity now to make "our" board enjoyable and fun again for everyone's benefit, so how about we all just take a step back for a bit and give that a shot - eh - or am I being too hopeful, I really hope not ?

Oh and Tim - you'll note not ONE smiley or LOL - THAT's just how seriously I'm proposing the above ! :-) Dooohhhh . DAMNIT and I was doing SO well too !

scottish-guy
May 10th, 2013, 22:49
I agree with NIrish

:tongue1:

timmberty
May 11th, 2013, 19:33
i also agree with ni . but a board with no bitching is never going to happen .... cause old queens love nothing more than to bitch ...
and im still waiting for a list of names i use .. or an apology ... lying is fine, but colour the lie a little ... give it some volume and fill it out ..
i just wanna know who else i am ?? ,, im not bitching just after some info ....
bty scotty i have no idea how this i.p. lark works as im not an expert like you ... so stop insulting me and all the other members of the board.
you have made a statement about me having a number of different i.d's so time to put up or shut the fuck up give us the names dear ...

scottish-guy
May 11th, 2013, 21:29
I know. You know. You know I know. That's all you need to know.

An apology for saying you have had more than one ID? Kiss it :bootyshake:

neoncrusade
May 12th, 2013, 02:47
The lunatics are back in charge of the asylum...thank goodness. Good to see you back Scotty, your wit, cheeky cantankerousness and ginger hairy knees have been missed :alc:

MiniMee
May 12th, 2013, 03:26
The rest of us would like to see your back again too.

timmberty
May 12th, 2013, 03:35

and this post sums you up.. all wind and piss ... but then your im never posting or even looking on this board again post did that even better ..
if you had tittled it im never looking here again unless ??? then who knows .. but you said a final farewell you know it i know it ... everyone knows it ..
wind and piss dear boy ... wind and piss.

dab69
May 12th, 2013, 03:42
welcome back jinks, scottish, nirish,
and anyone else I may have missed.

the world is balanced yet again. hold on tightly.

:salute:

bucknaway
May 12th, 2013, 03:56

and this post sums you up.. all wind and piss ... but then your im never posting or even looking on this board again post did that even better ..
if you had tittled it im never looking here again unless ??? then who knows .. but you said a final farewell you know it i know it ... everyone knows it ..
wind and piss dear boy ... wind and piss.

Whats the point? He didn't sign a legal document and there is no point in acting as if once something has been posted on a message board that it is written in stone. Even the bible has a old testament and a new testament because things change and we all move on. We all say and do things that are only related to that very moment in life and that particular moment may last seconds years or a lifetime depending on the person.

Save yourself some grief and let Scottishguy live his life and at the same time continue to enjoy your life.

timmberty
May 12th, 2013, 04:08
so make a comment in writting saying whatever means nothing ? sure people can change their minds .. but then you have to have a mind in the first place to be able to change it .. the guys makes alegations which are factless and baseless .. and you think thats fine ?
as i say. prove him right or let him prove himself right .. and i dont really give a shit about anything he says ... but he thinks he winds me up !! hello im here.
15 love.
a vile sad man he is .. wether for a second a minute or a lifetime... who gives a damn.

Nirish guy
May 12th, 2013, 04:21
Great, we get it, he doesn't get to you and you don't give a damn - now can we move on as all the antipathy is really boring and I think if I'm right most people are thoroughly done and over with reading it so why not put scots on ignore or whatever if you feel like it and let's get back to everyone being civil with each other and all working towards creating an enjoyable board again. As lets be honest here its very much a case of let he without sin cast the first stone and all that re who said what to who whrn etc, so to answer buckinaways thread about we all want that certainly would be my hope for the board's future and I hope it's yours and everyone else's too and I look forward us all achieving that.

timmberty
May 12th, 2013, 04:27
ni i have been called a liar. he has the proof i would imagine? so i think it only right for him to present that proof, dont you ?
how can you move on and enjoy taking part with someone you have called a liar, or been called a liar by?
if he cant present his proof then he should admit to being the liar he is, not much to ask is it ?
as i said put up or shut up.
over to you scotty dear ... whos the liar ? show us the real you ... oh you have mister wind and piss.
as for finding it boring dont you have a great group of friends on another board you like to chat with ? why bother coming back over here trying to lay down your new rules .. you all jumped ship ... it was a munity, now here we all are again...

Nirish guy
May 12th, 2013, 04:55
Tim, as you obviously feel passionately about this there's not much point discussing with you I fear and as I've said once before but will say it again once more just for Clarity, I didn't leave this board but i did stop posting to it whilst the previous owner was in place for reasons that dont need gone over again, that situation has now resolved itself so there is no longer any reason for me and others I'm guessing not to post here again and that's the end of that as far as I'm concerned.

And with regard to the "my rules" you talk about, firstly you'll not see any post from me with the word rules mentioned anywhere, that's the owner and moderators privilege not mine. I am merely suggesting and proposing that maybe it's a good time for everyone to draw a line over the past now and allow ourselves to all move on.

Personally I don't think that's anything to radical to suggest and most people seem to agree with me about that so I really hope you can do the same and allow the board as a whole to move on and let us all get back to having some interesting topics and fun posts without all the negativity generated by various situations that occured IN THE PAST - the past is exactly that, the past and the future is to what we should be looking to now as life is to short for never ending nastiness, bitterness and negativity ( and I don't mean by you personally there I just mean in general)

So, up to you of course but that's my take on where we're at and I hope you can agree to let the past be the past and move on too thus letting everyone else then do the same too - but as I said and as always "up to you" and ultimately as i guess it all depends what each of us wants to get out of our collective board each time we log in.

a447
May 12th, 2013, 09:57
dont you have a great group of friends on another board you like to chat with ? why bother coming back over here trying to lay down your new rules ..........now here we all are again...

Now, that's a bit rich, coming from someone who did exactly the same thing! Or is the Bitchboad but a distant memory?

And Timmberty, as for what SG said when he posted he was leaving the forum, unless you can quote his post you are flogging a dead horse. But of course, the post been deleted.

Nirish, you talk a lot of sense. I think it would be a great idea to take this opportunity to start all over again with a clean slate; forget past animosities and just post fun, informative, and factual stuff about life in gay Thailand. (That's why I joined this board). That would be fantastic. But I fear, as someone else said, too much blood has flowed. And as Newalaan2 pointed out, there will always be the to and fro between posters. That just reflects what happens in real life. And when poster A attacks poster B, then poster B will obviously want to defend himself and that's where it all starts.

I just wish those members who do not want to read the back and forth banter would either skip over it, or put the posters on ignore instead of complaining. Either that, or Jinks/SC could do what Neal did - move the "offending" posts to a dedicated thread.

And Nirish, how about using a full-stop every now and then?? :sign5:

Magnum
May 12th, 2013, 12:47
And Timmberty, as for what SG said when he posted he was leaving the forum, unless you can quote his post you are flogging a dead horse. But of course, the post been deleted.

You can still read the post in google cache. However, scottish-guy just said that he will not re-join under an alternative ID and he didn't. I'm glad to see him again, it was not the same place without him.

Surfcrest
May 12th, 2013, 13:19
ni i have been called a liar. he has the proof i would imagine? so i think it only right for him to present that proof, dont you ?
how can you move on and enjoy taking part with someone you have called a liar, or been called a liar by?
if he cant present his proof then he should admit to being the liar he is, not much to ask is it ?
over to you scotty dear ... whos the liar ? show us the real you ... oh you have mister wind and piss.
as for finding it boring dont you have a great group of friends on another board you like to chat with ? why bother coming back over here trying to lay down your new rules .. you all jumped ship ... it was a munity, now here we all are again...
timmberty, what I am reading and appreciating from the membership is that most of us want balance going forward rather than a vicious terrier hanging on to someone's pant leg from thread to thread. There is plenty of room for all the membership and I would like to think scottish-guy would feel very welcome here from me and the board as would all the names we've seen back recently. Nirish guy has provided excellent advice on the subject and I am pleased to see almost everyone is ready to move on. When we are reaching out to make everyone feel welcome, discussing member's reasons for coming back will only make barriers for other past members not wanting to go through the same inquisition. We can't have that and so we appreciate the points you've made...you're here, scottish-guy is here, and you both should welcome...so let's move on!

Surfcrest

Beachlover
May 12th, 2013, 13:52
i have been called a liar. he has the proof i would imagine? so i think it only right for him to present that proof, dont you ?
Brithai/Timmberty, I don't want to get too involved here and I'm not taking Scottish's side but...

It's enormously hypocritical of you to demand proof from someone calling you a liar.

You have called me a liar many times and not once come up with any proof (and I forget which other members you have called a liar without proof).

So mate, don't make demands of Scottish and other members when you haven't come close to living up to those standards in your own behaviour.

a447
May 12th, 2013, 14:22
However, scottish-guy just said that he will not re-join under an alternative ID

Thanks, magnum. I didn't think SG ever said he'd never come back, but I didn't have the quote in front of me so said nothing.

Nirish guy
May 12th, 2013, 20:13
And Nirish, how about using a full-stop every now and then?? :sign5:

I THINK you'll find that there were at least four or maybe even five full stops in my posts, that's enough for any man and any more than that would have simply spoilt you ! Grammar Nazi ! :-) Hell come on and I tried really really hard there and EVERYTHING as six months ago you'd of gotten the whole lot as ONE complete sentence. ! ha ha

But yes I guess I really should stop posting on my phone with it's tiny screen where I forget just how much I've previously typed OR you "could" just take your own sound advice and ignore what you perceive as minor imperfections in others and just spend your time instead applauding my overall general fabulousness as that would be MUCH more useful ( he say's as he flounces away whilst throwing a pink Chiffon scarf gayly over one shoulder with one hand and flicking his hair in a "i really couldn't give a shit anyway" way with the other) lol

timmberty
May 12th, 2013, 23:42
ok let me answer a few posts as fairly as i can.
i'll start with ni's posts ... irony sums your post up but i doubt you can see it? you say lets leave the past behind and start afresh giving everyone a chance ... well i do belive thats what neal did when he invited everyone back on the board ?? or is that a different kind of restart ..
if you had practiced what you preach then none of this would have happen, no ? what makes one fresh start any different from another ? double standards ring very true. no i'll never post again posts. no slaggings on other boards you wouldnt have made an enermy of a person you used to call a friend, same goes for a447 ... so was it worth it ?
a447 .. you are a man who could start an argument in an empty room ... telling me to look afresh is a bit of a joke .. take your last 100 posts and i'd imagine 99 of them are bitching about something or another !!!
you wrote and i quote ...*I just wish those members who do not want to read the back and forth banter would either skip over it, or put the posters on ignore instead of complaining. Either that, or Jinks/SC could do what Neal did - move the "offending" posts to a dedicated thread.*
so your dealings with latin and beachlover where just banter ?? you mean to tell us you disected everyone of thoses twos post for the last 2 years as banter ? you have a strange sense of humour for sure ...and sticking up for neal and doing as he did to posts some dont like .. bit late now
as for scottys post .. you read it same as me .. what is posted on the net never goes away .. ask the many people in jail who thought they had deleted images that were dangerous.. anyhow if you cant find it im sure theres a thread on gaythailand where he says he will never mention this board again let alone post on it ... thats still there go looky look ...
beachlover everyone knows i was brithai it was never a hidden i used this name as it was the one i posted on the pbb.. i didnt want people to think i was hidding ... you may well find a hydra means using more that one name on the same board at the same time .... ask your good friend combat im sure he can help you out ...
as for me calling you a liar .. you are, and everyone else thinks so too .... agreeing with scotty wont change anything about you..
i like to read your post about the go go boy you offed for the second time a year after you offed him first... and you was still wondering second time if he was of age yet !! i read that everytime you call people who enjoy pattaya perverts etc etc ... you had your chance to prove to neal you was real, but you forgot to say hello to him ....
you are a figment of a warped imagination.
and still no word of my other names !!!
so yeah lets all start afresh ... but lets not all act innocent.

scottish-guy
May 13th, 2013, 00:07
...thats what neal did ...Either that, or Jinks/SC could do what Neal did .....you had your chance to prove to neal ....

This apparent pining for the former owner is quite unneccesary.

The reason I'm here on SGT is precisely because he no longer owns the board and any comments I may have made on any board within the last 3 months about not posting again on SGT were made in the context of his ownership of this board. Any reasonable person will accept and understand that.

When he subsequently relinquished ownership of the Board there was no longer a reason for me not to post here. It's very simple and I'd imagine the same situation applies to some other "returning" members also.

Now that you have acknowledged that you have indeed posted under another ID (whether it was common knowledge or not is immaterial) then hopefully we can all move forward from all of these disputes and be one big happy family.

You state in your last line that you want to "start afresh" so let's all do exactly that.

:love4: :love4: :love4:

timmberty
May 13th, 2013, 00:20
...thats what neal did ...Either that, or Jinks/SC could do what Neal did .....you had your chance to prove to neal ....

Timmberty, you seem to be having difficulty moving on.

All this apparent pining for the former owner is quite unneccesary.

The reason I'm here on SGT is precisely because he no longer owns the board and any comments I may have made on any board within the last 3 months about not posting again on SGT were made in the context of his ownership of this board. Any reasonable person will accept and understand that.

When he subsequently relinquished ownership of the Board there was no longer a reason for me not to post here. It's very simple and the same situation applies to other members also.

Now that you have acknowledged that you have indeed posted under at least one other ID (whether it was common knowledge or not is immaterial) then hopefully we can all move forward and be one big happy family. You state in your last line that you want to "start afresh" so let's all do exactly that.

:love4: :love4: :love4:
so you make one last desperate post to let me know that ?? a hydra is using more than one name at a time is it not ?
i do so love the way you do the, as surcrest puts it, hanging onto pant legs, by trying to be mother supiour
i'll give up now because you and i have a different version of what a hydra is ... if i had of know you didnt know, i wouldnt have asked you to give out my other names ... but thanks for setting the record staight and now admitting you know i dont have what anyone other than your goodself considers to be a hydra.
also for setting the record straight that not posting here again didnt mean not posting here again ... it all makes perfect sense now !!
so now we are all friends again and scotty has come clean, we can indeed all move along in harmony.

scottish-guy
May 13th, 2013, 00:26
If you wish me to confirm that my definition of a "hydra" is someone using more than one ID at a time then I'm happy to do so - I genuinely thought that was the commonly accepted definition :dontknow:

I'm glad that peace has broken out.

timmberty
May 13th, 2013, 00:29
If you wish me to state that my definition of a "hydra" is someone using more than one ID at a time then I'm happy to do so - I genuinely thought that was the commonly accepted definition :dontknow:
you're making it up as you go along now !!! be a good boy and give up ... your fan club still love you whatever anyone else thinks of you ... goodbye :hello2:

travelerjim
May 13th, 2013, 01:43
Good Grief,

Let's move on with the new board and stop the bantering back and forth...
...seeking to have the last word. :lam:

If you have something to say it...we want to hear it, if it is about Thailand...and its neighbors too.

Otherwise..might I suggest you use your PM to get your message across or last words or dig in? :duel:

Surfcrest is the new owner and jinks is our interin Moderator.

Today is a New Day...let it shine forth :love4:

(just my 2 cents)

tj

newalaan2
May 13th, 2013, 05:33
Good Grief,Let's move on with the new board and stop the bantering back and forth... ...seeking to have the last word. If you have something to say it...we want to hear it, if it is about Thailand...and its neighbors too.Otherwise..might I suggest you use your PM to get your message across or last words or dig in? Surfcrest is the new owner and jinks is our interin Moderator.Today is a New Day...let it shine forth (just my 2 cents)tj
Well. with the greatest respect TJ you can 'good grief' all you want, NIrish can appeal for calm and moving forward, but until things actually get resolved there can never be harmony, one or the other will still have outstanding issues. It seems to me the best, or indeed ONLY way to find a bit of harmony is when an area of contention gets resolved by honesty and truth. And that is now obviously up to scottish-guy.

He and timmberty cannot both be right. But Scottish-guy CLEARLY anwsering a couple of simple questions will sort out who is at fault and finally clear up this latest nonsense.

but i dont do hydras, Unfortunately I cant say the same about you. You've got more faces than Lon Chaney and more handles than a Coffin factory. I know. You know. You know i know.
If you wish me to confirm that my definition of a "hydra" is someone using more than one ID at a time then I'm happy to do so - I genuinely thought that was the commonly accepted definition
Scottish-guy YOU HAVE'NT ANSWERED THE QUESTION YET HAVE YOU? I see no Hydra names from YOU as yet........So shoving all this bluster and hot air to one side, are you accusing timmberty of having hydras? There can only be an answer of yes or no, not some distracting side comments, not some convoluted 'story', not some almost-but-not-precise admission. That is what you have claimed in a previous posts, and what you goaded timmberty into responding to and why this thread has been trailed out much further than necessary.

You have been asked by timmberty to reveal the names of these hydras you are accusing him of having, timmberty contrary to the 'advice' from other's here is perfectly correct in pushing you to tell the truth and spit out some names......indeed in my opinion timmberty would be wrong to 'let this go' because it would be letting someone either dishonest or mistaken off the hook. It would encourage others to make spurious accusations and claims possibly more serious than just hydras and think they are free to do so without being held to account. Credibility is also at stake. So I disagree with some members here and I think timmberty is right to 'demand' an answer, which if not forthcoming would seem he is correct and what we have been dealing with is a load of bull.

A hydra is not a 'deleted' or 'dead' or 'previous-but-not-current' handle it's a live one which you are using at the same time in addition to another current live handle on A forum. Is that what you are accusing timmberty of here, having more than one active handle on this forum? And dont bother with the "why its so obvious I would have to be as dim as a glow-worms armpit not to know" or "cant you read its blantently clear in the previous posts". Just a straight answer please? A non-response or anything other than a direct reply will tell us all is needed to know about agendas here.

newalaan2
May 13th, 2013, 06:26
I apologise in advance for this long post, so those bored, not interested need only NOT READ to save having to make a useless post to say they dont like it and its too long. I had already made up the post on this thread in reply to A447 before another thread started about the hopes for the forum, so I've just posted it here anyway.

I was going to set up another thread with this post, but I since see the owner has contributed to the non-topic part of the thread so I assume it's fine to continue it here where all the previous posts are with apologies to jinks.

I just wish those members who do not want to read the back and forth banter would either skip over it, or put the posters on ignore instead of complaining. Either that, or Jinks/SC could do what Neal did - move the "offending" posts to a dedicated thread
I think a few of the long time members here have indictated they, like A447 and myself, still like some of the 'difference of opinion' 'argy-bargy' 'setting the record straight' or whatever your term is for contentious issues, and this is bourne out for me beacuse of the high number of posts and views which accompany these threads. I've never been able to understand jinks and others who, just when it's clear a thread is popular, lock it for some ridiculous, innocuous reason. Just because he or the mod/owner is bored or tired of it does not mean the membership is. Locking threads due to personal whims will only cause more resentment, it achieves nothing, maybe a bit of 'I've got the power so I'll show it' feeling for the mod/owner who locked it.....but that's about it.

But I think it can be managed in such a way to include all types of members on the front page without deleting or excluding one faction or another. There will NEVER be uniform agreement on having off-topic differences of opinion remain in the original thread. If it does go slightly off topic to a natural progression and the original poster is happy then fine, but where a thread becomes a contentious discussion between 2 or more members that is not resolved rather than shift the off topic part to another forum completely, why can we not just set up a new thread with the off topic part running on the front page with clear indications of exactly what the content is.

So lets say............a topic about "Boys Tips" goes seriously off topic just set up a new topic......say....."Boys Tips- SUB THREAD OFF TOPIC" or "Boys Tips- 3 Amigos Drivel" or some such other name with a clear indication of what the content will NOT be and so cut out having to pander to these fussy, weak minded individuals who cannot bypass content they dont like on their own without having to make another useless post just to tell us that. It would at the same time lighten the mods load as there would be no reason to fire-off a complaining PM to them. If they dont want to read the off topic part all they need to do IS NOT CLICK onto the clearly marked sub-thread. I see Brisbane guy has suggested in his thread simply moving the off topic part to another thread.

To answer a likely objection.........i dont think it will litter the front page, and even though it does if members are reading and posting on it, the new thread will deserve to be there based on its traffic, when everyone is bored with it, it will naturally die a death and move down the page. i just think it's a way of not excluding one faction in favour of another as Neal unsuccessfully tried to do by deleting, censoring and banning anything which HE considered had any flaming content or disagreements. The forum became a bland clone of all the other gay thailand forums which are controlled to the point of hardly being worth bothering to post on. This forum has always been the lively one, the most read, the most posted on, the most unique....and it didn't get there by pandering to those who want a bland dull exchange of information only and false 'nicey niceness' which does not reflect reality. Strict control also encourages the egos of owner and mods to dominate, which can NEVER be in the interests of a forum's members, just look at what happened here under Neal. Any attempt to ridgidly control this or any other fourm leads inevitably to a drastic reduction in posts, views and overall interest in the Board.

I'm not speaking about threads which the content can be a legal problem for the forum or in very extreme bad taste like underage discussion and wishing another member dead, they should be moderated as necessary. I'm talking about normal real life disagreements or difference of opinions which can spill over. My attitude is well 'big-frigging-deal' someone called some else pompous or deluded, its only a few words! and who complains the most and therefore blows the handbags-at-5-paces in to a major storm?...yes! all those over-sensitive, moaning, weak minded individuals again who interupt a thread just to complain about it! I dont know why grown up individual adults cannot simply do their own moderation...to be honest I dont NEED jinks or anyone to tell me what is suitable content for me to view I can make up my own mind about that. Most lockings, deletions are just petty personal whims with no real purpose behind the decision. Maybe splitting threads but keeping them running on the main front page and not shunting them away to some other dark corner of the Board might be an answer. IMHO of course.

Sooty
May 13th, 2013, 07:38
Talk about verbose! I thought my suggestion in another thread was rather similar - start a Bitching Forum and move everything there.

May 13th, 2013, 08:10
Five pages and no end in sight. My God! Sooty is spot on: start a Bitching Forum and move everything there.

Gay Thailand A could be for helpful, friendly, constructive, informative, civilized, non-critical posts and Gay Thailand B for anything that does not meet these criteria.

scottish-guy
May 13th, 2013, 12:32
There is something to be said for a separate section - I made that suggestion myself a couple of years ago when Spike was in charge - but only if the Owner wants that type of content on his forum at all, and he may well not.

The thing that's required is to move on from the last regime, and trust jinks to deal with the remnants of it appropriately.

timmberty
May 13th, 2013, 13:24
iwould have to agree lets finally move on, ban the past owner and anyone who worked for him !!!!!
i was sitting at a table last night listening to some members of this board trying to have a conversation... it was a riot.
they started talking about the subject of football that was on the telly, well someone mentioned they used to go to school with one of the players fathers, oh said mr b what school was that .... welll you should have seen it .. smashed glasses everywhere as the table few in the air... how dare you derail my conversation said mr c ... i wont have it ... if you want to start a new convo move to another table or wait untill this one runs out of steam.
at the end of the night they where all sat alone with nothing being said at all .. but mr c was very happy, as no more of his convos being side tracked.
this staying on thread lark is stupid to me ... its human nature that threads change, tho for the non human amoungst us, i can see it must get annoying.

latintopxxx
May 13th, 2013, 18:42
OMG...u actually socialise with board members...like in real life...face to face....its stressful enough via this anonymous board...but to actually have to face a table full...!!!...would rather set my hair on fire and put it out with a sledge hammer...

newalaan2
May 13th, 2013, 19:28
Five pages and no end in sight. My God! Sooty is spot on: start a Bitching Forum and move everything there.Gay Thailand A could be for helpful, friendly, constructive, informative, civilized, non-critical posts and Gay Thailand B for anything that does not meet these criteria.
Yes bobsaigon.....My God! good greif! etc.... The shock of it! people not agreeing with eachother about everything, its life. With all due respect bobsaigon and I'm not trying to be deliberately provocative here, but isn't your post one of the VERY reasons why this thread is five pages with no end in sight? Because YOU have something you want to add to the thread.......Yet all the other posts are the one's at fault for the length by making their points?

You need to put things into perspective here. There are about 50 threads on the front page. About 3 of those seriously off topic and contentious, THREE! and thats probably more than the ratio was even in SGF heyday. BUT there are another 50-60 threads running perfectly normally with content that you exclusively want to see........ helpful, friendly, constructive, informative etc...... so why are you denying those members who want to 'set the record straight' or have 'robust discussions' the opportunity to do so? As I say I'm not seeking to be deliberately provocative with you, but you and others with similar thoughts and comments seem to want it ALL your own way......is that a fair, reasonable comment?

Also I note your attitude flies in the face of some facts.......the 3 threads which have the most contentuous content are also the most popular, most viewed and most posted on of the 50 or so front page threads...does that in itself not at least indicate that the members 'in general' are perfectly happy for these threads to continue. If that wasn't the case they would have died naturally and simply drifted down the front page. So given there are only about 3 posts out of about 50 does that not also blow up your claims of the amount of bitchiness/contentuous threads way out of proportion. In fact the 'no tolerance for contentuous threads' camp such as your own are equally as problematic and obstrutive as the contentuous ones, with their incessant complaining posts littering the threads. I think those with your attitude are just as selfish as those who try to dominate threads with off topic 'banter' and that your view is purely negative and offering no positive way for all types of posters to co-exist on the main page. You want to be devisive. You want all the content YOU dont personally like shunted off to a dark corner. That is neither balanced or fair. Set-up a Thailand B and immediatly you create a them (B) and us (A). I'm kinda hoping for more tolerence and a situation where one faction is not simply "disposed of" in favour of another.

I have enjoyed many of your posts, they can be engaging and informative, there would be no reason for anyone to start an arguement on them, there would another 50 of the same type on a front page, so what is your problem with splitting the one or two which may have issues and allowing those issues to be aired on the front page, you dont need to be a part of them, you dont need to read them. I just dont get why there cant be a two-way acceptance that all the members are never going to all have the same views on topics. Your intolerance of those who like 'banter' its every bit as devisive as those who want to retain the right to engage if they want. Is that also a fair statement?

I personally dont think that 'getting rid' to a dark corner is going to solve the age old contentuous thread issue. If a mod or owner has to go to the trouble of moving posts there, they might as well set-up a new sub thread, then both factions are engaged on the front/main page and you can use your very own moderating decisions to read on one or the other. Why cant these threads live side by side until they naturally die off and slip down the board.

Look what happened when Neal tried to pander to those unable to bypass content they dont like. He landed up spending a great deal of time 'pandering' instead of 'ignoring'! Under Spike and smiles this forum flourished and there was no REAL problem with fights, it was a good lively forum. Spike ignored them and they just naturally drifted away. But it's more of an issue now and probably needs managing.

Talk about verbose! I thought my suggestion in another thread was rather similar - start a Bitching Forum and move everything there.

Yes talk about that sooty! But i'm afraid 'rather similar' is not the same, in fact it's nothing like the same, the point, despite my locquacity where I covered exactly what i will have to repeat here to ensure you 'pick up on it' this time seems to have passed you by. Maybe you just 'dropped off' half way though and missed the bit about trying to keep all parties engaged on the front page, almost opposite of your 'rather similar' claim.

Trying to positively accommodate all rather than exclude. The problem with shunting everything classed as potential bitching elswhere is that it's a waste of time, you would be as well just "deleting and banning". If it's not on the front page there is an immediate loss of interest as everybody knows, and if the intent is to try and keep all factions engaged on the main forum, when you start choosing one side over the other it's going to be devisive rather than inclusive quite the opposite of what I was trying (or in your case failing, through your lack of ability to process information) to get accross. Everyone engaged, included, tolerated on the front main page, until their thread naturally (through lack of interest or posts) slips down that page.

Yes I've repeated myself throughout, and yes it's too long, verbose, etc... etc... etc... Yes there is a 'bypass system'!

Brad the Impala
May 13th, 2013, 19:39
"Just a bit of banter"..............is one of the most insidious phrases in the English(UK) language. Apparently entitling the use of the most gratuitous, personal and offensive insults, without even the redeeming grace of any wit or humour.

a447
May 13th, 2013, 20:25
Timmberty wrote:
well i do belive thats what neal did when he invited everyone back on the board ?? or is that a different kind of restart ..

Yes, it's different. It was all part of a plan and you fell for it.

no slaggings on other boards..

What?? No slagging on other boards? Sorry, I thought you slagged off on Neal on the Bitchboard. Silly me!

you wouldnt have made an enermy of a person you used to call a friend, same goes for a447

You have no idea why I fell out with Neal. None whatsoever. You are speculating here.

take your last 100 posts and i'd imagine 99 of them are bitching about something or another !!!

No need to "imagine" anything. If you can't be bothered giving examples of the last 100 posts, then don't bother "imagining" - just don't post about it. Again, you are speculating.

so your dealings with latin and beachlover where just banter ??

Actually, there are a couple of recent posts OF YOUR OWN where your "dealings with latin" are very similar to mine! Remember? You were challenging his veracity.

And as for Beachlover, what posts in particular did you have in mind? I don't recall having any "dealings" with him over all the years we've been on the board. Care to give a couple of examples? Or are you just speculating?

and sticking up for neal

Sorry to disappoint. I'm not sticking up for Neal. I'm giving credit where credit is due. Just like I recently posted about how he ran the best bar in Pattaya. Just telling the truth.

Your problem is that you can not differentiate between arguing for the sake of arguing, and someone trying to put the record straight. We all should have the right to do the latter.

That's what I'm doing here.

its human nature that threads change, tho for the non human amoungst us, i can see it must get annoying.

Agree 100%.

Beachlover
May 13th, 2013, 21:18
A447, Scottish, other frustrated members....

Surely you guys must be close to accepting, it's just not worth having any sort of extended debate with Brithai/Timmberty...

He truly is a simple bumpkin who can't tell his arse from his head let alone accurately interpret and communicate facts and details. I can think of at least one rural-educated Thai I employ with better comprehension and English composition skills than him. A parasite would have more integrity... He's like a bum blocking a busy footpath LOL.

For your own sake, let him be and put him on ignore if you need to.

a447
May 13th, 2013, 22:02
sort of extended debate

I'm not interested in having a debate. I just want to pick him up on his incorrect assertions about me.

Setting the record straight. That's all.

timmberty
May 13th, 2013, 22:09
A447, Scottish, other frustrated members....

Surely you guys must be close to accepting, it's just not worth having any sort of extended debate with Brithai/Timmberty...

He truly is a simple bumpkin who can't tell his arse from his head let alone accurately interpret and communicate facts and details. I can think of at least one rural-educated Thai I employ with better comprehension and English composition skills than him. A parasite would have more integrity... He's like a bum blocking a busy footpath LOL.

For your own sake, let him be and put him on ignore if you need to.
beachy/combat, can i call you combat ? .. here it goes again ... employing thais now, is this one of age ??? or was he when you first employed him a year ago ??
really if you are going to reply please do so to the whole post and not do as you always do and pick out the bits you can handle ... cause all that proves is theres a lot more you cant handle than you can ...
has your empire spread to thailand now ?? just think 2 years ago you travelled cattle class, now you rule most os asia... yet you wonder why i call you a liar ?
a447 well done thanks for not letting me down.
are we still off topic ?

timmberty
May 13th, 2013, 22:12
sort of extended debate

I'm not interested in having a debate. I just want to pick him up on his incorrect assertions about me.

ok a447 i wont bother getting heavy again .. i'll just say you are the most cantankerous old bastard it has every been my pleasure not to have met .

Neal
May 13th, 2013, 23:11
Here Here!

jinks
May 13th, 2013, 23:14
AMERICANS AND MY LANGUAGE.

Neal, -

Hear, hear. OK.

Hear, hear (usually with a comma and set apart as a self-contained sentence) is the conventional spelling of the colloquial exclamation used to express approval for a speaker or sentiment. ItтАЩs essentially short for hear him, hear him or hear this, hear this, where these phrases are a sort of cheer.

Here, here is widely regarded as a misspelling, although it is a common one, and there are ways to logically justify its use. But for what itтАЩs worth, hear, hear is the original form (the Oxford English Dictionary cites examples going back to the 17th century) and is the one listed in dictionaries. English reference books mention here, here only to note that itтАЩs wrong.

Neal
May 13th, 2013, 23:20
Sorry Mr. Perfect but you did understand what I was saying right so who looks a little thstupid. You you haven't had A447 "rub off on ya"?

Brad the Impala
May 14th, 2013, 00:07
Sorry Mr. Perfect but you did understand what I was saying right so who looks a little thstupid?

Who looks a little thstupid now?

Neal
May 14th, 2013, 00:11
Sorry but you do. I have an excuse. What is your excuse for jumping in every time I say some something or you or cd can score brownie points.

Beachlover
May 14th, 2013, 01:21
Neal... If you are going to go out, I reckon you should go out arms swinging. Give it your best! :occasion9:

it's just not worth having any sort of extended debate with Brithai/Timmberty...

Totally understandable and I used to want to do that too... But trust me, even attempting to do something as simple as that is just a bottomless pit.

You're trying to correct the equivalent of a single brain cell organism with dementia.

It's like pouring a bottle of San Pellegrino into a fast flowing sewer in an attempt to decontaminate it. No matter how much clean water you pour in you won't keep up with the fresh sewage making its way from this stunning example of mental incapacity.

Brad the Impala
May 14th, 2013, 01:44
It's like pouring a bottle of San Pellegrino into a fast flowing sewer in an attempt to decontaminate it.

Nice allegory!

Brad the Impala
May 14th, 2013, 01:48
I have an excuse.

Of course you do, you have an excuse for everything. You have more faces than Eve and less integrity than Pinnochio.

joe552
May 14th, 2013, 02:16
sorry Brad, it's a simile not an allegory :occasion9:

but a nice use of language from Beachie, nonetheless

Brad the Impala
May 14th, 2013, 02:20
Or a metaphor? Either way happy to be guided by anyone wot ad a proper education!

joe552
May 14th, 2013, 02:22
we have a lot to thank the Christian Brothers for - unfortunately, in my case, an early introduction to deviant sex isn't one of them.

scottish-guy
May 14th, 2013, 02:58
we have a lot to thank the Christian Brothers for - unfortunately, in my case, an early introduction to deviant sex isn't one of them.

Awww - how long did you have to wait dear?

:party

joe552
May 14th, 2013, 03:26
as has been said many times about my cock - too long mister :occasion9:

timmberty
May 14th, 2013, 03:45
Neal... If you are going to go out, I reckon you should go out arms swinging. Give it your best! :occasion9:

it's just not worth having any sort of extended debate with Brithai/Timmberty...

Totally understandable and I used to want to do that too... But trust me, even attempting to do something as simple as that is just a bottomless pit.

You're trying to correct the equivalent of a single brain cell organism with dementia.

It's like pouring a bottle of San Pellegrino into a fast flowing sewer in an attempt to decontaminate it. No matter how much clean water you pour in you won't keep up with the fresh sewage making its way from this stunning example of mental incapacity.
im sure you did .. but you wasnt able to was you .. because you dont exhist ....