PDA

View Full Version : Change of ownership for SGT

Surfcrest
April 30th, 2013, 04:34
As youтАЩve most probably heard, some discussions have been happening behind the scenes about Sawatdee-Gay-Thailand.com and the future of this forum that many of us here have been associated with for a number of years. As youтАЩve read from Neal already, the time has come for him to sell the board and to move on in support of his health. I still see a future for this board, based on the infrastructure that Neal has built and based on the fact that SGT is one of the most recognizable resource for gay male travellers travelling to Thailand and with the potential to be better, more interactive and more importantly, more inclusive.

For these reasons and more, I have decided to purchase SGT from Neal and to see what I can do with this board as its new administrator and to improve it for us all moving forward. Some of you may know that I have been associated with this board and its predecessors for many years and so I am hopeful that my relationship with you over the years will be enough to encourage some of you to come back to SGT. I realize that it will probably take a lot more than that to bring back the disfranchised and so IтАЩd like to think that with my existing knowledge of the board and its history, combined with my ability to invest further into this board toward making it better will make this the best forum to go to, for first time visitors or even for a long time ex-pat.

I would like to thank Neal for the time, energy and money he has invested into SGT these past few years and for laying down the framework for me to start re-building this site. I would also like to thank Elephant Spike and Smiles for all that they have done for the board in its early days.

I would like to think that a big part of the value of this board is in its membership and that includes each and every one of you and the amount of time each of you invests when you read and post to the board. It is not my intention to drive anyone away from the board, no matter who you are or what your history has been with me as a member. Provided the Rules & Guidelines are followed, all will be welcome.

As for the SGT Rules & Guidelines, I may wish to amend these slightly to allow more flexibility in some respects and less in others. The one rule that I am most concerned with is; тАЬThe encouragement of under-age sexтАЭ. I do not wish this site to be infamous for discussions on this topic, nor do I want my name or the board IтАЩm connected to, associated with it in any way. Pedophilia and whatever happens to those people, in and out of Thailand has nothing to do with Gay Thailand. While these establishments and this activity and indeed these people may hide in Gay Thailand, as it / they most certainly do with underage girls with that side of sex industry, it will not be something that is discussed here. Anything posted on the topic will be deleted; this includes all images, no matter how innocent.

I have many ideas about the board and what I hope to accomplish in my time as the current owner. Rather than list all of these for you at this point, let me simply say that it is my intention to increase the value of this board in whatever ways I can to sustain its existence well into the future.

It is my intention to run the board, as Elephant Spike didтАжquietly behind the scenes. I enjoy posting especially when IтАЩm back in Thailand or travelling through other parts of Asia and beyond and I hope that when I do post, you treat me as any other member. IтАЩm not your boss and IтАЩm not тАЬthe bossтАЭ and so as posters, not much should change. There will be some administration happening from time to time, the board will continue to have rules and some people will find themselves on either side of the lineтАж.that probably canтАЩt be helped. The board will be administered with a firm and consistent approach and yet the emphasis will be on allowing oneтАЩs freedom of speech. Our moderators will sustain my will in terms of what I want for the board, but will be free to moderate based on what they see best for the board and the membership.

As Neal and I work together toward completing the transfer with the necessary minor adjustments we will make as one administration is replaced by another, I would please ask you to be patient. You will be able to reach Neal and I through the sawatdeeforum@hotmail.com address or you can reach me by PM or contact me direct at surfcrest@hotmail.com.

If there is anything I can do to re-establish you as a member here on SGT or respond to your needs as an existing SGT member, please let me know.

Thank you,

Surfcrest

CoffeeBreak
April 30th, 2013, 07:34
Congratulations to you. Have to say after reading your introductory post as owner its refreshing to hear such good sense and the mature and adult attitude you will be adopting for this board. Best of luck and you deserve every success!

cdnmatt
April 30th, 2013, 07:59
Ohhh, you're the new owner? I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised, and think you will make an excellent owner. Congrats on the purchase, and all the best moving forward.

SmoothLegs
April 30th, 2013, 11:11
Congratulations and all the best to you and the future of the board. :thumbup:

Guess today, is the day of new "Kings",
well 1 real new King, the crowning of the Dutch Prince Willem Alexander :bis:
and Surfcrest as the new owner of SGT :salute:

Marsilius
April 30th, 2013, 11:18
After such a cogent and coherent introduction, I hope for great things from you!

Manforallseasons
April 30th, 2013, 13:21
I wish you luck and am enthusiastic about the new beginning. :occasion9:

corky
April 30th, 2013, 14:18
I hope you will enjoy your new investment and that the board will flourish under your stewardship.

We all knew the real identity of previous owners, Smiles, Spike and Neal so, for those of us that don't know you, can you post a photo of yourself so that we may recognise you when you are out and about in Gay Thailand?

Thanks and congratulations.

joe552
April 30th, 2013, 15:23
Best wishes for the future, Surfcrest.

christianpfc
April 30th, 2013, 17:43
Your introduction sounds very reasonable and I wish you good luck with this forum.

Brad the Impala
April 30th, 2013, 18:24
Welcome and good luck to Surfcrest in your new role. Your statement of intent above is both reassuring and encouraging. I also hope that we can attract back some of the more informed and illuminating posters who have moved elsewhere over the last couple of years.

Neal
April 30th, 2013, 18:38
I am sorry I had to had the pleasure of adding my conratulations and good wishes earlier but it has been a horrible day for me health wise. As that seems to be slowing down let me make sure I get in there and wish you my best wishes and hopes for a brighter future.

Jellybean
April 30th, 2013, 20:54
I should like to add my congratulations to Surfcrest, as the new owner of SGT, and wish him a long and happy period as administrator. By purchasing the board Surfcrest you have also allowed Neal to divest himself of the onerous and stressful day to day task of running the board and allowing him to concentrate on dealing with his health issues.

I should also like to take this opportunity of wishing Neal a long and happy retirement.

yaraboy
May 1st, 2013, 04:14
Congratulations Surfcrest. It has been a while since we met ...........in Vancouver
I think the Board is pretty good but am sure you can improve it more

a447
May 1st, 2013, 10:33
It is nice to see that the deal has finally been done and the previous owner has waddled off into the sunset, stuffing his face with cheesecake as he mumbles something about his health problems.

I applaud your statement of intent and look forward to a board that is free from petty deletions, editing and banning, simply because the owner did not like the posts. This board managed to survive in spite of Neal, not because of him.

I also look forward to a board where there are no "it's all about me" posts. I think (hope?) that you have a greater understanding of (and are a lot closer to) Thai culture than Neal ever was. Mind you, that would not be difficult!

Congratulations on your taking over and I wish you success in your endeavour.

peeseua
May 1st, 2013, 12:23
Congratulations on having acquired the board, Surfcrest.

And thanks to neal for having done his best to keep things civil here.

I hope it stays that way.

neddy3
May 1st, 2013, 12:31
After such a cogent and coherent introduction, I hope for great things from you!

I concur with Marsilius.

Good luck with your new endeavour.

Janus
May 1st, 2013, 23:37
:occasion5:
My best wished for you and the furture of this board.
I hope it can remain as informative and interessting to vistit and that it will keep me updated all the time.
:lam:

SmoothLegs
May 2nd, 2013, 01:31
Bla bla bla ...
I applaud your statement of intent and look forward to a board that is free from petty deletions, ... bla bla bla
:snorting:
Whatever happens, up to SC, boss of SGT

a447, I am sure the board/forum will be FREE of "petty deletions"

I am NOT the boss, but YOU, a447, are NOT a petty deletion,
Have you heard of PBB, do a search for bitch forum thailand and go there and stay there, same as all the other ...

HYDRA's :wav:

Sorry SC, I told Neal I should not post when come home after drinking and Neal told me I should not post after drinking.
We are both right.

IT is easy to shut up when sober, for me very difficult to NOT to shot up and tell the truth.
YES, when I am sober I also want to tell the truth, but do not bother with some people here.

loke
May 2nd, 2013, 02:22
The question is if there will be any changes at all but good luck.

After all it is a forum and as long as we have active members , we can read some intersting posts .

timmberty
May 2nd, 2013, 02:31
i must ad my thanks to surcrest for taking the board off neals hands, and for a decent price
altho my first post to mister surcrest would be are you realy going to be as open as you make out ?
my reason for asking ... i called nelson mandela a terrorist .. you said you blocked me .. tho i know this to be untrue ... im smart :hello2: ... but lets forget he planted bombs that killed people .. and call him a freedom fighter instead .. tell me a terrorist who isnt fighting for a cause ? wether yoy agree with the cause or not makes not 1 iota ...
be happy to know from when neal let us know the board was moving on, i guessed it was you who was buying it . :hello2: well i.ve lost my tract as i often do .. but good luck and WHY ?

ikarus
May 2nd, 2013, 06:35
:occasion5:
My best wished for you and the furture of this board.
I hope it can remain as informative and interessting to vistit and that it will keep me updated all the time.
:lam:
That is whole point. Neal deserves respect for putting a substantial effort to the endeavor despite his serious health problems. While I understand the desire
of the new owner to expand the pool of posters, I am not sure that all idiots whom Neal banned can bring anything except for BS and trolling if allowed back unconditionally (as already seen from the current thread).

francois
May 2nd, 2013, 06:58
Surfcrest; my condolences.

adman5000
May 2nd, 2013, 07:35
Personally, I would like to see more civility return on the board. When one person attacks another with cruel remarks, it is unnecessary and lacks class. When a poster tries to verbally exact vengeance for when they perceive they have been wronged by making cutting remarks about another person, I lose interest in future opinions of that person and usually utilize my ignore button.

I appreciate the effort Neal put into the board. I did not always agree with him or what he did. But I was able to either make my position known to him without becoming enemies, or just agree to disagree. I also appreciated that despite his health struggle, the board was important to him and he continued to be involved.

I hope that as we begin a new chapter on the board, we all ask ourselves when making a comment if we are keeping the conversation civil, adding to the conversation, and increasing the usefulness of the forum to other readers as opposed to cheapening the board by being petty, petulant, or disrespectful. Hopefully, we'll do the former and continue to grow the base of readers and encourage them to contribute and post their opinions and experiences.

My signature below says it best.

a447
May 2nd, 2013, 14:02
Jesus Surfcrest, Timmberty has already started on you!

And come on, Smoothlegs! Your identity is pretty obvious. First, your use of the word "boss" kind of gives the game away.

As does your constant defending of Neal every time I post in any thread across this forum.

And your attempt at appearing drunk in the second last line (after mentioning drinking in the previous sentence) is laughable, as the rest of your post is in normal English. Did alcohol only affect one sentence??

Oh, and didn't you tell me back in January that you were a member of the BB?? You know, the one you are suggesting I go join, along with "all the other hydras." :sign5:

Neal
May 2nd, 2013, 15:48
Jesus Surfcrest, Timmberty has already started on you!

And come on, Smoothlegs! Your identity is pretty obvious. First, your use of the word "boss" kind of gives the game away.

As does your constant defending of Neal every time I post in any thread across this forum.

And your attempt at appearing drunk in the second last line (after mentioning drinking in the previous sentence) is laughable, as the rest of your post is in normal English. Did alcohol only affect one sentence??

Oh, and didn't you tell me back in January that you were a member of the BB?? You know, the one you are suggesting I go join, along with "all the other hydras." :sign5:

As usual A447 the royal SGT police has got his foot up his ass and is going around throwing accusations and people here should have had it by now. I have already told you that Smoothlegs is Ronthai who was tossed off the board awhiel ago and he was the one who was developing Gaythailandforum.com. So the only ting that gave the game away was your incesant picking on people, accusing people and running your diarhea of the moth. There you wanted to see my other personality? Well here ya got it. He defends me like ohers do, well did it ever occur to you that it may be because you are just ann ass to people??? If you look at smoothlegs posts they are usually when he is drunk and going on and on and if you look at his pos, I even asked him not to post when he is drunk.

Now I have really gotten along with Surf since this deal started but I have to truthfully say that while you allow a few assholes to stay on the board and disrupt it it will never calm down. Your choice, let it go and the board goes right back to the way it was before me.

Well I had made a promise to you surf and others that I would do the training and tech stuff and kep my mouth shut and I have done an awfully good job of it but enough is enough!

Surfcrest
May 2nd, 2013, 16:28
i must ad my thanks to surcrest for taking the board off neals hands, and for a decent price
altho my first post to mister surcrest would be are you realy going to be as open as you make out ?
my reason for asking ... i called nelson mandela a terrorist .. you said you blocked me .. tho i know this to be untrue ... im smart :hello2: ... but lets forget he planted bombs that killed people .. and call him a freedom fighter instead .. tell me a terrorist who isnt fighting for a cause ? wether yoy agree with the cause or not makes not 1 iota ...
be happy to know from when neal let us know the board was moving on, i guessed it was you who was buying it . :hello2: well i.ve lost my tract as i often do .. but good luck and WHY ?

You know timmberty, when I purchased this board from Neal I struggled hard with the realization that I would have to take you off my foe list where I have beenтАжup until now, happily ignoring you. One can only imagine that this struggle IтАЩve had with this and you, has been the real reason this transfer was delayed and had nothing to do with the April 30 deadline for filing my taxes.

Anyhow IтАЩve made the great sacrifice for SGT, not by just having to shell out money for the board and cover the periodic expenses but by having to make sense of you.

Let me remind you that your Mandela remark had nothing to do with your belief or you calling Nelson Mandela a terrorist but rather you ridiculing this vastly recognized hero of South Africa an indeed the World for his age and suggesting Mr. Mandela wears a diaper.

I think the subject matter you are implying isnтАЩt all that far from others recently where the membership has been fairly united in defense of certain members? Whether itтАЩs about throwing stones at LMTU or Neal or MandelaтАж.cause is causeтАж.stones are stonesтАжwe all get oldтАж...it's karma pal !!!

Surfcrest

timmberty
May 2nd, 2013, 16:49
so mister crest when you mentioned a number of things from a post i made about the life of a bar worker and other things, that had not been copied or pasted or quoted did you have me on block then ? or did you just take a lucky stab at what i'd written ? as for nelson mandela yes he is a hero that was not in doubt. but hes getting old as we all do if we are lucky, but i have my humour which isnt yours .. such is like huh ? i call myself a dozy old fukka when i forget things i laugh when i hear young kids calling me a dozy old fukka . like is to short to get wound up about nothing ? do you think nelson got as upset as you did at my joke ? maybe try and lighten up, no.

lonelywombat
May 2nd, 2013, 18:00
timmberthy you are off topic and need to learn what on topic means.

you might have learnt a different way on your abusive board, but to post here you need to

stay on topic

back off the aggression

for all our benefit.

a447
May 2nd, 2013, 18:50
Neal wrote:
He defends me like ohers do

He defends you?
After you kicked him off the board??
After you accused him of perhaps being the one sending out fake PMs about you?

I imagine he would be the last person on earth to come to your defence!

latintopxxx
May 2nd, 2013, 19:45
there you go again picking fights.....STOP feeding the a447 TROLL....

Brad the Impala
May 2nd, 2013, 20:00
Oh dear Lord! Enough already. The past is the past, I fell out with Surfcrest big time in the past about something or other, that was then. Start with a clean slate and let's move forward, and that includes those who want to rake over Neal's years here too.

Sheez!

a447
May 2nd, 2013, 22:05
Start with a clean slate and let's move forward, and that includes those who want to rake over Neal's years here too

I am not raking over Neal's years - I'm talking about events over the past couple of months that have been ongoing. I mean, I could.

But you're right.

I think we owe it to Surfcrest to just get on with the job and so I'm happy to move on from here.

Smiles
May 2nd, 2013, 22:08
Best of luck Surfcrest! A much-needed breath of fresh air for Sawatdee.

martin911
May 2nd, 2013, 22:16
To the new owner the very best of luck
To the former owner the very best of luck
And to a447 - shame on you for your remarks about Neal ,
Nothing short of disgusting that you would feel the need to type such words ,
- I see the ranting from you still hasn't ceased ,

cdnmatt
May 2nd, 2013, 22:51
Start with a clean slate and let's move forward, and that includes those who want to rake over Neal's years here too

I am not raking over Neal's years - I'm talking about events over the past couple of months that have been ongoing. I mean, I could.

But you're right.

I think we owe it to Surfcrest to just get on with the job and so I'm happy to move on from here.

I think you're forgetting it takes two to make a fight.

I can quite confidently speak for the SGT community when saying, nobody has any desire whatsoever to listen to your guys' shit. Take it to private.

Brad the Impala
May 2nd, 2013, 23:35

And welcome back, and hope that you feel encouraged to post here more stories of home life and unusual destinations.

bao-bao
May 2nd, 2013, 23:54
Surfcrest, here's another wish for good luck on your new adventure.

An 800 pound gorilla isn't an easy beast to wrestle into submission, but there's always hope!

timmberty
May 3rd, 2013, 02:58
lonley wombat this thread is about the new owner is it not ? my post is about the new owner is it not ? try and score as many points as you can it means little to me .... but being outraged on behalf of someone else means even less to me ....
and by that i mean our new leader feeling the need to defend a dear friend of his called nelson !!! really was a joke about someone of 80 odd wearing a nappy so so bad ? i think .. yes i do actually think . if you want to run a board and make it work you really need to climb a wall and get over yourself ..
if my joke ? about nelson wearing a nappy held the sale of the board up for 2 or 3 weeks then i have lost all hope for its future

Surfcrest
May 3rd, 2013, 04:42
Thank you very much for all of your well wishes, I'll try not to let anyone down.

....and welcome home my friends :happy7:

Surfcrest

lonelywombat
May 3rd, 2013, 09:05
lonley wombat this thread is about the new owner is it not ? my post is about the new owner is it not ? try and score as many points as you can it means little to me .... but being outraged on behalf of someone else means even less to me ....
and by that i mean our new leader feeling the need to defend a dear friend of his called nelson !!! really was a joke about someone of 80 odd wearing a nappy so so bad ? i think .. yes i do actually think . if you want to run a board and make it work you really need to climb a wall and get over yourself ..
if my joke ? about nelson wearing a nappy held the sale of the board up for 2 or 3 weeks then i have lost all hope for its future

timmberty You need you to reread surfcrests comments, as it does mean your type of humour might be restricted to the bullshit board, quite soon.

Khor tose
May 3rd, 2013, 09:15
To the new owner the very best of luck
To the former owner the very best of luck
And to a447 - shame on you for your remarks about Neal ,
Nothing short of disgusting that you would feel the need to type such words ,
- I see the ranting from you still hasn't ceased ,

I have been in China for the past week where only my BF, I, and 50,000,000 closet cases are gay. I quite agree with the above. I also agree with Francois and wish to offer my condolences to Surfcrest. I too liked his introduction and have a good feeling about this board's future.
a447 you sound terribly childish and boring. Oh, A447 just in case you think that everyone who takes Neal side is Neal, I am really Khortose and not anyone else. I really do miss your commentaries about how many boys you have fucked and how good they were for you, as then, you actually seem at times to know what you are talking about and it takes no compassion on your part. In the bar scene I feel you are truly at home.

Neal
May 3rd, 2013, 09:21
I must agree his posts about where he goes and what he does is very entertaining and a blessing to the board and it's members.

kjun12
May 3rd, 2013, 10:46
Of course there is nothing to prevent you from doing so but I certainly hope that you do not return to this site and try to monopolize it with your obtrusive and hostile attitude as you did for many years. Why don't you, instead, stay with your new-found friend gaybutton?

Smiles
May 3rd, 2013, 11:49
"Of course there is nothing to prevent you from doing so but I certainly hope ... "
:crybaby: Yes, I can feel the love.
Keep those hopes up, eh.

Brad the Impala
May 3rd, 2013, 15:49
Of course there is nothing to prevent you from doing so but I certainly hope that you do not return to this site and try to monopolize it with your obtrusive and hostile attitude as you did for many years. Why don't you, instead, stay with your new-found friend gaybutton?

You're quite right Kjun, who would want to read posts about enjoying life in Thailand, when they can read your posts about how unhappy you are there and what a terrible place it is to live!

timmberty
May 4th, 2013, 02:57

timmberty You need you to reread surfcrests comments, as it does mean your type of humour might be restricted to the bullshit board, quite soon.
would that be the board you spent so much time on slamming LMTU ??.. i do wonder why the people who want us all to be civil etc etc are the ones who find it so hard to be civil themselves. i have no problem with surcrest, altho the one post i made on here since my come back seems to have upset him so much he almost didnt buy the board ..to be honest who cares who owns the board ? its meant to be a place where people exchange views etc etc . do any of you do gooders ever agrue with people you talk to in real life ?
i would ask all those who find my postings so disgusting to just block me .. so much easier than making yourself look far worse than i could try to !
and to those who have trouble to understand a word i type , please dont try to understand it .. no need to type 4000 word replys to things you cant understand is there ?
to surcrest again good luck with the board but remember a board needs different views ,and if some of those views dont agree with your views ... then ignor them !! the rules are there for a reason ... and the reason isnt to delete a persona you dont like ... or maybe im wrong .

quiet1
May 4th, 2013, 11:05
After a particularly nasty experience on SGT many months ago, I simply walked away from the board.

I saw on another board that SGT ownership had changed, with a link to this thread, and I decided to see what was up.

What's up? A very welcome breath of sanity from Surfcrest, followed not too long after by bitter nasty posts ripping him and other posters.

So, I see nothing much has changed, but am cautiously optimistic that Surfcrest will work toward raising the level of civility. Not sure just how he can do that, but let's see.

For now, I'm disappearing again and will check maybe in a month or see to see how things are going.

bigben
May 4th, 2013, 11:52
Quiet 1, I too had given this board a miss for many many many months. Various reasons not limited to vanishing posts, but that certainly rates in the top 5 reasons.

A lot of new screen names I see....not sure if they are actually new members or just old queens that needed to turn over and develop a new troll persona.

I do wish SC good luck with his new adventure. Some here have decided to just re-invent themselves with a new screen name, But I will keep mine the same and sincerely hope all those who I angered in the past will forgive me and I too will forgive those who belittled me in the past.

I wish you all good health and happiness in the future.

BB

Krazy4thai
May 4th, 2013, 16:41
Well this thread certainly turned into something other than what it's title was meant to convey. It deteriorated rapidly into a bitch fight between those who like to monopolise this board with their irrelevant and often unwanted garbage. When I first saw "Change of ownership for SGT" I naively assumed it might consist of information re the changeover of ownership and possibly positive posts for surfcrest on his being the new owner. Sadly disappointed with that hope. . Surfcrest posted a very comprehensive post detailing his hopes and aims for SGT. One can only hope he will derive some pleasure from his purchase and less attacks than the previous owner.
I originally joined SGT in the hope I could gather pertinent info for my upcoming trips to LOS. Although I have occasionally gleaned some useful info.mostly I have observed that a few notorious posters spend most of their time not posting info, choosing instead to denigrate and abuse other members usually to no purposeful or relevant end.
I hope that surfcrest will as the owner of this board, feel free to use his own discretionary rights to rein in those who continue to abuse this board and it's members.

Although I haven't been a very regular or prolific poster I sometimes feel the need to express my own contributions to certain topics as I am entitled to do as as a member of the board. I hope they are can rarely be perceived as intentionally inflammatory or personal attacks, however I may be seen sometimes to respond in kind to nastiness directed at me personally. My opinions are exactly that,... mine..., and if some feel a need to propose differing opinions that is well and good. It's known as the free exchange of ideas. It's not always about what is said so much as it is about the way and intent of how the ideas are exchanged.
I see that I too have drifted off topic, so will finish with my own best wishes for sufcrest in whichever format SGT takes on under his tutelage,hopeful that I will continue to find info which will be useful to me during my upcoming sojourn in Thailand.

timmberty
May 5th, 2013, 03:12
i have no idea about the new owners rules on posting about other boards ? but the expats and a.holes on the gaythailand forum seem to be struggling with the cast offs from here ..
scotty saying this board has decending in to petty squabbles ... the sort he used to love leading ... the richy rich ... my shit dont smell michael wearing lmtu's old coat and slagging off everyone and everything .. but being as he starts mosts posts with a well i disagree but respect what you say ... thats all ok ..
maybe the future will be the past and this board will reign again .. at least we all know who we hate ... etc etc ..and have none of the airs and graces of the other plastic boards

loke
May 5th, 2013, 06:42
Right now the best forum with information about the Gay scene in Pattaya is not SGT , its another forum that we all know about.

If you remove maybe 4 or 5 members from this board it will be quite for a while and it will stimulate the rest of us members to make new posts here that will be of an interest to us all.

Surfcrest
May 5th, 2013, 07:25
to surcrest again good luck with the board but remember a board needs different views ,and if some of those views dont agree with your views ... then ignor them !! the rules are there for a reason ... and the reason isnt to delete a persona you dont like ... or maybe im wrong .
The beautiful thing about the Rules & Guidelines is that they are simple. For now, weтАЩll take them for what they are, as they are written. Ultimately, itтАЩs whatтАЩs easy for the moderator to manage and whatтАЩs best for the majority of the membership here. I doubt you would have any examples of any deletions since the transfer this week...but if you have, please let me know!

For the rest, please appreciate that administering this board is a balancing act between those who wish free speech and those who dislike conflict. Certainly it is going to be impossible to please everyone all of the time and so the goal will always be to aim for that fine balance of keeping the majority happy.

As for the periodic discussions about hydras and hydra managementтАж.appreciate that my "joined date" reads Thurs Mar 03, 2005 but this was when I actually came back from my one and only time leaving the board. This was right after the infamous Hydra Wars. Like some of you, and from that period in history here, I'm more than a little sensitive about hydras too. I'd like to assure you that I do indeed have a strategy to manage the hydra issue going forward.

i have no idea about the new owners rules on posting about other boards ?
IтАЩve been a member of Gay Thailand since July of 2005. IтАЩve been a member of baht-stop since December of 2006. I donтАЩt get a chance to spend too much time over on the other boards other than to read up a bit. It certainly is a good way to stay in touch with the barometer of what the community wants from every corner so we can try to reach out in every direction as much as possible. I think the simple fact that we have so many different boards is telling us where each of our opportunities are. Clearly, each board has its own merits and short falls, this board included and so I would hope we can respect our differences as members, as forums and keep the focus on what is written rather than who is doing the writing. It be nice if we could keep the amount of administration to a minimum to keep something like this from having to find itтАЩs way into our rules and guidelines.....but weтАЩll see.

IтАЩd like to ask you to please be patient, we just transferred ownership over this week and we really have only just begun with the many things yet to do toward being comfortably changed over. IтАЩd like to thank you all for your words of encouragement, advice, emails, PMтАЩsтАжI promise you...... good things are ahead!

Surfcrest

timmberty
May 5th, 2013, 14:39
Right now the best forum with information about the Gay scene in Pattaya is not SGT , its another forum that we all know about.

If you remove maybe 4 or 5 members from this board it will be quite for a while and it will stimulate the rest of us members to make new posts here that will be of an interest to us all.
loke if you think posts about how you fold the money in your wallet is of a quality we need here i must agree with you .. sadly i dont have a wallet so i cant join in on such a riviting subject.
i mentioned the other board just because it is a lot busier than this one at the monent, yet if you look behind the face of the posts, you will see there is a lot of bitterness there, and soon it will all end in tears.
unless of course you are talking about the big fellas board. then you are right that one is quite enjoyable at the moment.
but i do not agree that if a few people stopped posting then others will start again. if you want quality posts then feel free to make some, rather than waiting for things to happen.
thanks for your replies mister crest,

bucknaway
May 6th, 2013, 00:07

http://i43.tinypic.com/2d2djc.jpg

Nice to see you!

Smiles
May 7th, 2013, 18:11
Regarding technicalities.
Did you (that is, Surfcrest, the new Owner) realize that when one clicks on the Forum Rules! pale orange bar which lives at the top of every single page of this Board one is taken to ... absolutely nowhere.

Information

The requested topic does not exist.

(And thank you Bucknaway for the backhanded compliment. I think.)

jinks
May 7th, 2013, 19:31
I've just looked and can't find the correct page to correct the error.
A job for our Mr Fix-it - PM sent, ......

newalaan2
May 7th, 2013, 22:17
Regarding technicalities. Did you (that is, Surfcrest, the new Owner) realize that when one clicks on the Forum Rules! pale orange bar which lives at the top of every single page of this Board one is taken to ... absolutely nowhere
That would be about right....as under the previous owner the Forum Rules seemed to be made up and applied as he went along to suit his whim-du-jour, so I suppose there was little point in having a working link to something which, to all intents and purposes, was practically irrelevant to 'the rest of us'. Except of course when he needed a reference to roll out and blame to support some lame excuse to "suspend one's account". Well that's the one he used for me...or was it Posting Guidelines?

Interestingly enough the Forum Rules route to 'absolutely nowhere' was exactly the route the whole Board ultimately followed and landed up until Surfcrest thankfully took over....just one of the various features which fell redundant under the previous owner that I'm sure Surfcrest/jinks will return to service under the change of ownership at SGT.

Neal
May 7th, 2013, 23:45
Two things addressed here:

1. Newallan it was not me wh did that it was either Bob or jinks that set that up. Sorry whoever did it, I trusted them nd they failed.

2. It appears that every single post you make you cannot help getting in more crap. OFF tOPIC, NOT RELEVANT and now certainly OLD. Yes the old jinks is back allowing what he wants, locking other stuff with no reason and deleting wihout an exlanation. No, I don't expect this post to last either but I do expect your OFF TOPIC FLAMING posts to remain here and your other one that you just posted because, well the board has gone back to it's one sided crazy self as predicted.

jinks
May 8th, 2013, 00:03
Your paranoia is showing Neal. The rules change came AFTER I left.
I will not join in with what you kept accusing me of = sour grapes.

Neal
May 8th, 2013, 00:07
Dear, the sour grapes are with you. Read the above again. I said you or Bob. I didn't remember.

jinks
May 8th, 2013, 00:19
I'm not playing tennis with you.