PDA

View Full Version : The New Corner Bar- fantastic!

thaiguest
April 30th, 2013, 00:11
Double Shot Bar- "This is not a Pharmacy".

Tonight has opened the MOST ICONIC bar ever seen in Sunnee if not in all Pattaya. Renamed DOUBLE SHOT BAR.
It makes all the other bars in Sunnee look tatty and dated.
Funky, modern, of French design, costing a fortune (4 million baht) and it shows. The interior space has been broken into a myriad of individual spaces, the lighting effects are masterful against the overall greyish background- even the roller shutters rise and fall soundlessly and by remote control.

A typical bottle of beer costs 95 baht and a DOUBLE SHOT spirit drink 95 baht BUT BEWARE- a BOY DRINK costs 40 baht more.

The owner is a very rich Belgian gentleman whom by all accounts is gay. This bar is a hobby and he cares little for kheeniow falangs that gripe all the time about prices.

GOOD FOR HIM; at last we have restored our PIVOTAL BAR -the ORIGINAL HEART of SUNNEE (without the darkness)- the REJUVENATED CORNER BAR without the avuncular Gary and with no welcome ( I presume) for those that bring along their own tea bags.

Lets all step up to the plate and support- what's 40 baht premium on a boy drink between friends?

Halfhansum
April 30th, 2013, 01:35
Sounds amazing ...Will be the first place i head for, when i return ...
Can anyone post any pics of the new place ???

timmberty
April 30th, 2013, 02:04
halfhanson save yourself the bother .. its white its loud and its crap ..... was going to go in tonight but the place is totally bland..
i think thaiguest meant ironic rather than iconic ... slight slip.

francois
April 30th, 2013, 02:19
Double Shot Bar- "This is not a Pharmacy".
..... and with no welcome ( I presume) for those that bring along their own tea bags.

Just for the record, the persons who brought along tea bags to CB paid full price for the hot water. sans teabag, and related service. It was a special tea they were fond of.

I am looking forward to the double shots and hope they will serve Remy Martin although I may have to bring that along and pay for the snifter.

Neal
April 30th, 2013, 02:54
I too was told by the person who brought thier own tea bags that they still paid full price and that it was a special tea but then again, there just ain't convincing some of those who feel they have thier teeth on a good story, eh?
:occasion9:

frequentflier
April 30th, 2013, 03:27
Hope they do very well there.this has to be good news for the plaza.

loke
April 30th, 2013, 04:14
95 baht for a beer is ok for me

+ 40 baht for a boys drink and we are payng the same price as in go go bars.

But who cares as long as the boys are hansome.

travelerjim
April 30th, 2013, 05:38
Sawatdee Friends...

I must say...when I first starting to read the OP's post...
I immediately thought of our dear LMTU....the "over the top" exclamations were befitting of LMTU :party

May John Booth RIP....thankfully, we have found others to proclaim the goodness of bars, clubs & cafe's.

I wish the new owners of Double Shot...aka Corner Bar ...much success :alc:

Indeed, JB would have pleased to have been there for the opening preview :bis:

tj

Geezer
April 30th, 2013, 09:05
Indeed, it was I who brought my own Earl Grey tea, insisted on paying the bar the regular price for tea, and gave generous tips to the waiters.

Upon learning I preferred Earl Grey Crabby, a peerless publican, not only added Earl Grey to the menu, but also had tea cozies made.

That I brought my own tea bags, paying only for hot water is but a small example of the myriad of lies insulting many people which were posted by LMTU.

This tea bag post illustrates the fact that although LMTU may soon be naught but smoke and cinders, his miasma will persist.

What pleasure that would bring him were he but present to relish it.

SmoothLegs
April 30th, 2013, 11:34
All the best to "Double Shots". Hope that means the drinks are double shots at 95 baht

Just not sure if Sunee is the right place for a "high class" bar like this, surrounded by, well be honest, a bit on the lower class bars.

But, it is good to know that the owner sees it as a hobby, to have something to do, other then sitting in a bar everyday when living in Thailand. It is good to have hobbies and stay busy, when in Thailand, otherwise you end up in a bar every day.

Anyway, if his goal is hobby and making (well loosing) money is not important, he will do fine, since the cheap lowlifes in Sunee will not go there.

homeseeker
April 30th, 2013, 16:17
since the cheap lowlifes in Sunee will not go there.

Well if that's the case, then it will have very few customers as most who frequent Sunee are cheap lowlifes.

Dani69
April 30th, 2013, 18:13
I wish them all the best and will give it a try next weekend when I arrive back in Pattaya. :party

Doug
April 30th, 2013, 23:20
Double Shot was closed tonight, Tuesday.

Brad the Impala
May 1st, 2013, 01:30
This tea bag post illustrates the fact that although LMTU may soon be naught but smoke and cinders, his miasma will persist.

What pleasure that would bring him were he but present to relish it.

Thanks Geezer for reminding us that the consequences of LMTU's exaggerations, embellishments, fictions, and downright lies, stay with those on the sharp end long after his departure from this world. There are some who suffered much worse, and much ridicule from his malicious tongue, including those trying to run businesses. I was not among them, and I am glad to say all I know of him are from his absurd, and variously vicious or occasionally entertaining posts.

Brad the Impala
May 1st, 2013, 01:32
Double Shot was closed tonight, Tuesday.

How not to run a commercial enterprise after the plaudits of the opening night! Hopefully as has been suggested it's more of a hobby than a business.

francois
May 1st, 2013, 03:56
There are some who suffered much worse, and much ridicule from his malicious tongue, including those trying to run businesses.

Too true Brad however there are already some jockeying to replace him.

gaymandenmark
May 8th, 2013, 22:43
I was there in two different evenings, and I am sad to say so, but I do not find it fantastic.

First the plusses: New interior, clean and nead.

You decide yourself if the rest is plusses or minuses.

I ordered a gin/tonic in the bar, and had to pay 130 or 135 Bath for it, I thought is was a little steep for a bar in Sunee, I could not taste that there could be any double shot, in the drink. Well to be classy, my drink was served on a "silver" tray and I got the hole can of tonic.
I did not see any signs of 95 bath drinks.

At the same time a tall farang, well is it too nice to say sang? to the loud music of "We all live in a yellow submarine", it was really noisy in a bad way.
After they finished The Beatle song, they went on with playing German slagers!!!!!

Okay one bad evening should not destroy the happiness, so I decided to give it another try.
This evening I asked for the menu and voila, there was the gin/tonic for 95 bath, just with Gilbeys instead of Gordon.

When I ordered, the waiter was one big question.
Then suddenly a very loud and terrible farang shouted: Cheap Charley!!.
I asked him two times: Excuse me Sir, but do you call me a Cheap Charlie?

At the end he heard me, and the answer was someting like this: I was talking to the waiter, who was going to serve me this (which he was not), thats why I said: Do you think I am a Cheap Charlie and Fuck Off!!!!!

Hmmm, really charming customers......not.

Then they started to play loud German Slagers again.....and I gave up.

Maybe they want to be an upscaled bar, but their customers are not.

loke
May 9th, 2013, 12:34
I have visited this bar now , and had a beer , didnt stay for a long time. Nothing wrong with the beer pricees ,85 baht is not the cheapest but its affordable.

The interior is very nice with white chairs and tables and blue light all over the place, nothing wrong with that, it feels like your inside a late night disco.
But they played the music just too loud, you cant sit down and have a conversation there.

Also the service from the staff was not really good, they were more interested in their phones then checking if the customers was happy .

I know at least 10 other beer bars in Sunee where the staff will try to start a conversation or pay attention to you as a customer.

I might try it again later but it will not be a favourite place for mer , thats for sure.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2745/20130508214537.jpg