View Full Version : Corner Bar May Be Ready To Open

Doug
April 28th, 2013, 08:12
Most evenings I sit across from Corner Bar and have watched it's transformation. The new sign says, "DOUBLE SHOTS ....this is not a pharmacy".
It has been totally renovated. New tile floor, new ceiling, new bars (2), new furniture, new electrical wiring, lighting, sound and TVs and a new paint colour scheme. It even has automated garage doors....very hi-so. All in all, it looks very well done. By the way, the pool table is gone.
Last night they had a party for the construction workers` so it seems they're almost ready to open but no notices yet.
It will be nice to have that part of Sunee lit and active again. Good luck to the new owners...they've put a lot of money into it.

christianpfc
April 28th, 2013, 21:03
I can comfirm what Doug saw (not that that would be necessary to add credibility). I was walking past former Corner Bar several times yesterday and had a look inside through some a few of the garage doors that were open.

But to operate a bar you need the right staff, no amount of money spent on renovation can replace staff that makes customers feel at home and make them come back.

April 29th, 2013, 16:26
yes so true. Last time i walked in i was greeted with the "wewwwcome" served with a drink and then the boys disappeared back into their huddle playing iphones and looking bored. I left without finishing my beer. The place can look nice but disinterested staff will just make it a waste of money