PDA

View Full Version : What was the best massage you ever had in Thailand?

adman5000
April 21st, 2013, 09:05
When I was going to Thailand more frequently about 10 years ago, one night I decided to go to a host bar off the beaten path. A Thai friend was my guide and he took me to this place to do some Karaoke. It was the first time I had been to host bar. I was the only Farang but it was a friendly place, a fair number of customers and quite a few guys on display. My friend was joking with me about which was the most handsome guy. They all had their street clothes on so I was unable to choose based upon my normal criteria of seeing how their body looked. I was drinking my soda and looking at all the guys and found one that caught my eye. He was handsome and seemed to have a symmetrical build. None of the guys had any big smiles, but he had the friendliest face so I chose him. It was quite late, I had been walking all day, and when my friend asked me what I wanted him to ask the guy I chose, I said - "ask him if he does a good massage."
Well, when my friend asked the guy, the guy immediately starting massaging my leg with a very strong and steady pressure. I immediately said "He's the one!" and off we went.
So the three of us went back to my suite. The new guy and I went back to my bedroom and he took off everything except his shorts and started the massage. He covered everywhere, starting with my toes and feet, then my calves, and then he spent a lot of time on my upper legs. He used a technique I later saw used at Wat Po, which was to sit opposite my spread legs and using a towel to pull my leg towards him, use the pressure of his foot against the back of my thigh muscle in a rolling motion, and did this back and forth several times on each leg. Then he spent nearly an hour on my back, kneading the muscles and working on the muscles that were tight until they relaxed and then the same on my neck. He used just the right amount of pressure. He ended by giving me a facial massage which must have lasted at least 30 minutes. When he was done about 3+ hours later, I felt like a bowl of jello. I tipped him well, bid he and my friend goodnight, and promptly went to sleep. It stands out as one of the best massages I have ever had in Thailand. In fact, I continued to use him for several years thereafter, even after he no longer worked at the bar.

So what has been your best "real massage" experience?

hai336
April 27th, 2013, 19:49
Without question, my best massage was at Candle Paradise Spa. It's a little hard to find as it's in a small soi off Rama IV. It is a short walk from Vincents, where I was having dinner the first time I went there. They have a soothing atmosphere, professional management and most important, incredible masseurs. My masseurs on all the times I have been there knew how to provide a real therapeutic as well as sensual massage.