PDA

View Full Version : Capella Concert

wowpow
June 1st, 2006, 18:35
Place: Thai-German Cultural Auditorium (Goethe)
8 pm, June 15
The Orpheus Choir of Bangkok
conducted by Karen TenBrink

The Orpheus Choir of Bangkok presents its first "a capella" concert, "Love: A Capella" on June 15th at the Thai German Cultural Auditorium (Goethe) at 8 pm.

Karen TenBrink, the choir's dynamic new choirmaster, has assembled a startling array of love songs from four centuries, in many languages. Every aspect of love is explored, from the tortured visions of Gesualdo, Prince of Venosa, who slew his wife and her lover with his own hand, to the romantic love waltzes of Brahms, and every shade of passion in between. Flirtation, abandonment, joy and sorrow are all presented in this banquet of choral music.

The Orpheus Choir of Bangkok, founded in 2001, is one of Thailand's most visible and versatile choirs, and is the resident chorus of the Bangkok Opera. It is particularly known for having presented the Thailand premieres of major repertoire works like Handel's Dixit Dominus, the Brahms Requiem, and Tippett's A Child of Our Time as well as having sung in productions of opera from baroque to modern.

It performs as part of Bangkok Opera's Fourth Annual "Mozart and More Mini-Festival" which this year includes a new production of "Cosi fan tutte" on June 22, 24, and 25.

Tickets may be reserved by calling the Bangkok Opera (400 baht, 200 for students, 300 for Friends of the Bangkok Opera members). The number is (02) 661-4688-9 and the office is open 10:30 - 6 weekdays.

Tickets may also be obtained at the door.

Bangkok's awash with classical music and dance - the month I go to the UK.

The Thai German Cultural Centre is close by the Malaysia Hotel, Babylon and The Pinnacle Lumphini Hotel not to mention O Ho restaurant.

June 1st, 2006, 18:50
Nice catch, Teepee! If it weren't for you and your cut-and-paste, I'd never get to wear my white buckskin saddle shoes.