PDA

View Full Version : Working on Servers

Neal
April 17th, 2013, 01:48
As I mentioned previously I was going to change server services to a new one that I would no longer have members periodically running into that awful Resource Limit Reached message. The transfer to the newly selected service began this morning and is slowly taking effect. Write this email address down: sawatdeeforum@hotmail.com You should not experience any difficultiy that would last any more than a few minutes if you were to see any at all but should you, please send me off a quick message so it can be forwarded to tech support.

Once all the servers are switched and backups are done and everything is running smoothly the other changes I promised you will begin rather rapidly.

Thanks

SmoothLegs
April 17th, 2013, 02:10
Neal, domain name will stay the same,
new server means new IP address for SGT

That takes, depending on location between 1-48 hours for worldwide change.
(same as opening a new domain name)

Also as the forum stay's open, as it now is, and new posts are being made,
you will have to backup the SGT old-server database and import it to the new server.

Nothing is 100% INSTANT,
If you are transfering now and already did a backup of your database,
well this and previous posts will be losts.

BUT, h├й it is me :bootyshake: :bootyshake: , so no lose there :sign5:

Neal
April 17th, 2013, 02:32
Dont fret we do have a professional IT er on it and not me so he is doing all the back ups and assures me that it is under control and if there is a grave problem we can quickly go backwards. How the fuk should I know?

SmoothLegs
April 17th, 2013, 02:37
I am sure all will be OK.

I do like the new 3 letter word:

fuk

Can I use that also?

billy2bs
April 17th, 2013, 03:35
Yes, i too thinkworking on servers is very important. There is nothing worse than having your server down for any length of time. Whenever I notice it I will call them over to my table and begin to talk to them, rub their leg and move up close to their crotch. In no time does it take him to be up and hard and running just like before> I think it has to do with the electricity that's in the room. When it is low everyone gets down and that is no fun at all. I think a modest tip will keep the servers up all the time. Preventive maintenance so to speak. :sign5:

christianpfc
April 18th, 2013, 13:40
I have a suggestion that might help solve the problem that this site is blocked on True (which has been a nuisance to me several times): move the entire forum to a new address (but first you have to find one!) and direct from the old address to the new one.

Off topic

christianpfc
April 19th, 2013, 14:48
I knew there was a fallacy in my post above, and now I got a PM. All advertising value and visitor numbers would be lost by moving to a new address!

SmoothLegs
April 19th, 2013, 18:58
That is nonsence Cpfc.

All information is stored in the database and a simple backup and import in to the new server/domain or where ever will keep all information and counters.

I have done it with databases several times myself and nothing is ever lost (if you know what you are doing)

Neal
April 19th, 2013, 21:03
OK we are getting off topic. This is what I am doing and not what other things may or may not be possible. Thanks for staying with what the topic is and opening of a new topic should you want.

timmberty
April 20th, 2013, 00:03
the topic working on servers................ is that offing waiters ? cost more than a go go dancer, and more chance of a surprise.
i like !!!

Neal
April 20th, 2013, 01:01
Yes Timmy, for you it is waiters.