PDA

View Full Version : Nice Boys Bar For Sale - Sunee Plaza

DragonMaster
April 8th, 2013, 17:12
Ok guys, here's your chance.

With so many bar experts here on the board, and the popularity of this particular bar, you can now show off your expertise in running a bar in Thailand.

Nice Boys in Sunee Plaza is for sale and can be yours to show the rest of us how it's done.

If you are seriously interested in possibly purchasing the bar, please send me a PM and I will get back to you with more details. The bar has upstairs rooms that come as part of the package. For those of you who don't know where it is, it is right next door to where Mic My Boys bar used to be, between the two Soi's that make up the Sunee Plaza strip.

Neal
April 8th, 2013, 17:37
They are all experts but none will buy one to show everyone how it is done.

DragonMaster
April 8th, 2013, 20:46
Yes I know, but with the demise of Sunee Plaza we hear about so often, I was hoping somebody could jump in and save all the rest of us ignorant bar owners. :sign5:

Manforallseasons
April 8th, 2013, 20:57
Beer the owner of Nice Boys has been involved in the Sunee go go scene as long as one can remember and has more experience then all the farang owners combined. When she decides it time to go it indeed is a turning point. :sign5:

Neal
April 8th, 2013, 20:59
Another expert and know it all. Baba ba bore!

bucknaway
April 9th, 2013, 06:26
I would think Location has a lot to do with being successful also. And does the bar have the space to be operated the way the owner invisions?

I think bar owners are too sensitive. We offer our views on restaurants and Taxi's but restaurant owners don't dare us to open a restaurant and try to serve food without making customers sick. And Taxi services don't insult us into being quiet if we mention they don't honor some reservations.

We are customers and all we are doing is trying give you some insight on how to get more baht from our wallets.

ikarus
April 9th, 2013, 06:32
I think bar owners are too sensitive. We offer our views on restaurants and Taxi's but restaurant owners don't dare us to open a restaurant and try to serve food without making customers sick. And Taxi services don't insult us into being quiet if we mention they don't honor some reservations.

We are customers and all we are doing is trying give you some insight on how to get more baht from our wallets.
You are true Gentleman,Bucknaway, and you put it very mildly. I considered a much stronger post but in the end of the day exchange by offenses is hardly constructive. Suffices to say, that sore losers should stay away from the business if they have no idea how to run it properly and at least avoid insulting potential customers.

timmberty
April 9th, 2013, 16:11
i agree 100% with bucky here ... even our glorious leader will slag off taxi services and resturants if he thinks they are not upto scratch, and will indeed give reasons on how they can improve if they want his custom again .. you would hope the resturants would indeed take note and act upon any negative press ..
yet mention a bar that you are not happy with and theres hell to pay .. even tho i seem to recall neal complaining about some on the bars in soi twilight ?. i dont know but surely its better to take on board anything customers might say, before it goes in the bin ? who knows you might even get a decent bit of advice that could make you plenty of money ..
or am i wrong and do bar owners never critices any other business ?

DragonMaster
April 9th, 2013, 16:43
Buck, I don't think I'm being too sensitive. If you're interested go back and re-read this post;
time-warp-boystown-t24964.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/time-warp-boystown-t24964.html)

Expressing a view is one thing, but complaining that bar owners are doing this wrong and that wrong, drinks prices are too high, music is too loud, lights are too bright, boys are too old, boys are too fem, boys are too butch, seating is not comfortable, off fees too high, everything should be this, or everything should be that on a forum isn't very constructive. All I was saying was for those who believe they could do it better, put up some money and give it a try. The rest of us who have already taken the risk and are running businesses here would like to see why we're doing everything wrong. :dontknow:

Suffices to say, that sore losers should stay away from the business if they have no idea how to run it properly and at least avoid insulting potential customers.

I agree with you 100% which would be anyone who has NOT put up the money and the time to run a business here. It's as simple as that. It's not about sore losers and not knowing how to run a business. It's about the "experts" on the board who have no idea about running a business in Thailand. It's certainly not the same as Europe or the U.S. and who's insulting potential customers. My comments have nothing to do with potential customers, just the delusional business experts.

Timmberty, of course we have likes and dislikes about other bars. I have my favorites and if I find something I don't like about a bar, it's far more constructive to talk to the owner of the bar directly and let them know. If there's criticism that's expressed it's always wise to listen and act on the information from a business perspective, not from rants on the forum. I have customers and other bar owners who talk with me all the time and it's very informative. I tend to listen more to the folks who are running a business here rather than those who don't since they may have been through a similar circumstance. For those who don't run a business, I usually try to explain the reasons why something isn't done the way they think it should be. So far that has worked out well.

Neal
April 9th, 2013, 19:19
When I had my company that I built up from the living room of my home to 5 warehouses and two super stores bringing in millions each year, it was obvious that most people who do not open and run businesses only want the place for thier fun. That means the people who are here with businesses in Thailand have to be hard asses against employee theft, customers that argue about everything under the sun as you easily said Dragonmaster and makes us business owners that take a hard position to try and keep thier business from walking out the door assholes who don't know how too run any type of business for entertainment and it will definitely fail! But then we are the assholes and they are all geniuses that know how to run a business here. Of course as you delicately pointed out, none will put tier moneey where their mouth is.

christianpfc
April 9th, 2013, 21:03
How do you make a small fortune in Thailand? Start with a big fortune and buy a bar.

Neal started with five warehouses in the States and now he has only one whorehouse left.

timmberty
April 9th, 2013, 21:08
thanks for your reply dragonmaster, very well put and some good points made.
neal you say people only come into your bar when you ran it for fun !! why on earth would they go in the otherwise?
sure there are those that will slag you off for everything and anything you do, those for sure are arseholes not worth the time of day, but is that everyone who's ever had a moan about a bar or your bar.
i know some people like to complain about the noise of music in gogo bars .. now if i look around at a bar that is full of 60+ guys, id be inclined to turn the music down without being asked .. its just silly things like that that can make a punter want to come back in.
there really is no reason to go on the attack as soon as someone says something you dont like, that isnt the way to run any business is it ?

Neal
April 9th, 2013, 21:49
Timmberty, you missed it all. Back up and re read. It says that there are all those people who want only to have themselves a party and YES that's ok. What you don't understand is that for an owner it is all business and it's his business to run it correctly and keep thier head. It means that all these people who think they can run a bar or put money in for a silent or active partnership but won't put thier money where thier are all mouth; unexperience experts and that includes the owner of another board who tells people he always knows how to run a great bar which is destined to fail unless they listen to him. I wonder who that could be? :evil4:

timmberty
April 9th, 2013, 22:03
oh for sure its business for the owner, i dont disagree with that one iota ..
and sure its easy to sit and say you should do this or do that .. thats far easier than running it.
for me everyone needs some sort of ideas floating around tho, no business last forever if it stands still, so someone gives you an idea and it works, then it was always your idea!! if it doesnt work then it was some other idiots idea who didnt know what they was talking about !!
and yes who could it be :scratch:

Neal
April 9th, 2013, 22:52
Of course Timmy! Well I am not talking about the occassional suggestion or idea. I believe Dragonmaster and I are talking about the ones that just don't stop. Similar to the person I referred to before. Everytime the conversation of a bar comes up the know-all talks about "well if I were the owner......" or unless here hears us (singular :laughing3: ) he is doomed! or if he doesn't do it our way (singular again :evil4: ) he is sure to have no business. :blackeye: and close.

So I have an idea, as DM says, why don't you all pool your money and buy a bar? What not a good idea?

timmberty
April 9th, 2013, 23:34
would it be a good idea ? having run a bar how much did you make ? was it enough to have lived on if you had had no other income ?
let us know if its worth the hassle and if so maybe we will !!!

Neal
April 10th, 2013, 00:57
But Timmy baby. They are all experts so how could they rely on what I'm? They know how to do it and boy are they all gonna clean up and make milions. :rolling:

ceejay
April 10th, 2013, 11:58
let us know if its worth the hassle and if so maybe we will !!!
I used to know a man in London who was a successful bar manager and owner, who sold out his pub and moved back to Ireland (where he became a wealthy man, investing the money in a shop which he traded up into a small independent supermarket chain, which he then sold to one of the bigger chains). Just before he left London I asked him why he was getting out of the bar business. He described it as "Long hours, hard work, bad money and the chance of a punch in the mouth from a drunk"
If you have a cash business, and you don't want to run it as a charity for the benefit of the staff, then you need to watch the money like a hawk. Spending every night of the week, 8 till 2 in the morning, glued to a cash register, breaking off once in a while to chat amiably with people who, in some cases and other circumstances, you wouldn't piss on if they were on fire, then spending the days doing the books, dealing with the BIB, ordering the stock, hiring the staff and doing all the other stuff that goes with running a business is not my idea of a life. I'd probably choose it over spending a couple of years in a Thai prison, but I'd have to think about it.

firecat69
April 10th, 2013, 23:13
HaHaHa

The smart ones are the ones who criticize and don't invest their own money. I owned bars that did more business in a month then most of these bars do in a year. Yet I would not profess to know the ins and outs of running a Bar in Thailand especially a GoGo Bar where bribes etc are a large part of the expenses.

The one thing I do know is that if you have lots of boys then the chance of you being successful goes up exponentially. When you walk into a Bar like Krazy or many others at 930pm and there are 4-6 boys, you have no chance of being successful.

I have no idea how you get the boys. Beer has always known how to get boys and any farang buying his business would have a much more difficult time being successful. Just look at what the Dragonmaster says Beer is paying the police and then imagine how much the 2 xboys must be paying for the xxx shows. And yet many would complain about the 180-200 baht drink prices with no understanding how many customers they need just to break even.

The Bar business is not a business for a neophyte and especially in Thailand. IMHO anyone wanting to buy Nice Boys would either have to be a multi millionaire or have a BF who has run a GoGo Bar. And even then their chance of being as successful as Beer is Zero.

All the other stuff such as volume of music , specials, drink prices mean nothing unless you have boys. I just left a week ago and in slow season FunnyBoys and ToyBoys both had in excess of 35 boys. Guess who had customers?

Neal
April 10th, 2013, 23:35
Absolutely was! Unless you have heavy medical expenses

Beachlover
April 11th, 2013, 00:50
I used to know a man in London who was a successful bar manager and owner... you need to watch the money like a hawk. Spending every night of the week, 8 till 2 in the morning, glued to a cash register
That's such a typical small business owner mentality... I've no doubt he was successful with that bar but with that mentality and approach, he was only ever going to be successful operating one bar at a time and have no time freedom or lifestyle whatsoever.

ceejay
April 11th, 2013, 01:08
but with that mentality and approach, he was only ever going to be successful operating one bar at a time and have no time freedom or lifestyle
I don't think you've read my post at all carefully BL
who sold out his pub and moved back to Ireland (where he became a wealthy man, investing the money in a shop which he traded up into a small independent supermarket chain, which he then sold to one of the bigger chains

Beachlover
April 11th, 2013, 01:14
I did read that bit and I was referring to the bar/cafe/restaurant type of business... the stuff you described him doing later is a separate thing.

ceejay
April 11th, 2013, 01:19
The second paragraph is outside of the quotation marks and has nothing to do with him. It's my opinion of what running a bar in Sunee would be like.

he quote has been fixed I do believe correctly by me. If not send a PM and I will revisit the thread. Neal

Touche'
April 12th, 2013, 17:26
By the way, there is another post on another board indicating that "he (the poster) was told last night by Beer, Nice Boys' manager, is not for sale." I was with that poster when Beer told him. I also would suggest any interested parties contact Beer directly.

Neal
April 12th, 2013, 21:05
Several people that I know have asked me if I should do something to this thread as Beer states that the bar is not for sale and George made it all up.
Interesting.

How about we just consider another thought?

I understand and I have been thinking about this new revelation and the bar not being for sale and its all a lie that George made up.
Is it not possible that George was asked to help sell the bar but when he heard everyone KNEW about it because George posted it on three open forums it got Beer scared that people would think the bar is going under and he will lose business? George is a reputable man that I have known for many years. He just would not pull this story out of thin air and I have not known him to be mean and vicious like me! :gy:

DragonMaster
April 12th, 2013, 22:56
Gentlemen, I just came back from talking with Beer and can confirm that he has had a change of heart and is NOT selling Nice Boys. He apologized and I have accepted, so there's not much else to say other than I will show him how to do his own posting in the future.

And for all you conspiracy fans on the board, I hate to disappoint you, but I would never make up something this important and I take things like this very seriously. I was just trying to help out and he asked me to post the information which I did. It's over as it should be for the rest of you. I have a good relationship with Beer and don't need some yahoo trying to screw it up with bogus accusations. As I've heard before, no good deed goes unpunished. How true for some of you!

Neal
April 12th, 2013, 23:58
Well there is the answer. Bar not for sale because he was hard worked and down and now has a change of heart. There need not be any further discussin on this topic.