PDA

View Full Version : 68 Year old Man dies in the water on Jomtien Beach

Neal
April 7th, 2013, 09:57
PATTAYA тАУ April 5, 2013 [PDN]; at 7 p.m. a report of a foreigner drowning in the ocean off Jomtien Beach was received by Pol. Lt. Col. Attharos Khrongrach, investigation officer, Pattaya police station, Dongtarn curve sub-branch, Chonburi province. The rescue officers of Sawangboribultharmmasatharn Pattaya foundation were dispatched to the scene along with police.

The drowning occurred at Jomtien beach, approximately 100 meters from the police station. At the scene, officers found that bystanders had assisted to bring the corpse to the shore.

The victim was identified as Mr. Leif Anders Lonvik, age 68, nationality Norwegian. He was wearing only shorts, and officers didnтАЩt find any wounds or trace of being beaten on his pale complexion body.

Police questioned witnesses, who said Mr. Leif would come nearly every day to Jomtien beach to drink beer by himself and sunbathe. Before the incident, Mr. Lief drank beer until he got drunk, and then walked into the sea. The other people thought he went to swim in the sea, so no one was interested.

But later someone found his corpse lying face down in the water about 20 meters from the shore. So the bystanders assisted him and did artificial respiration and pumped his heart for him, but despite their efforts, he later died.

Pol. Lt. Col. Attharos Khrongrach revealed that at the beginning of March, Mr. Leif had notified police that his passport was lost. As for the cause of Mr. LiefтАЩs quiet drowning, police assumed that his being very drunk was the underlying factor. However, the police will send the corpse to perform an autopsy at the police hospital to find the exact cause of death, and then will inform the Norwegian embassy.

witchhunt
April 7th, 2013, 11:05
Was this man gay, nothing suggests he was, Sure;y it is not a good advertising for any place,gay or straight.

Why is it published her at all.

Krazy4thai
April 8th, 2013, 15:33
Was this man gay, nothing suggests he was, Sure;y it is not a good advertising for any place,gay or straight.

Why is it published her at all.

As a visitor to Pattaya I personally like to know what is going on in Pattaya before I arrive. Gay or str8, this man was a tourist. Any time a tourist expires in Pattaya, knowintg the is a good thing. Fortunately in this case it appears this was a non-violent incident, so apart from the lesson to be learned re drinking and swimming, it is a good thing to know the area where this incident happened is not now a place for tourists to take extra precautions due to danger.,
I read Pattaya-one news online so that I am up to date on the various goings on in my favourite travel destination.

As to "why is it published here at all" Why Neal posted the information, I dont know. However my experiences of Neal on SGT is he is not only interested in the gay community issues, but also on Pattaya issues in general. Posting facts about news one may hear coming out of Pattaya can only be a positive thing. Dispel any rumours or speculation by getting the facts out there.
When I saw the title of the post I read it because I wanted know the circumstances of a tourist dying in the city I will soon be a tourist in myself.

timmberty
April 8th, 2013, 15:38
seems you might need to take care where you tread on the beach krazy.. and not just in the water ..
http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/ ... ien-beach/ (http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/82232/swedish-beachgoer-collapses-dies-jomtien-beach/)
but if you gotta go this isnt a bad way.