PDA

View Full Version : World Cup

June 1st, 2006, 13:09
Okay, we are just a week or so away now from the opening of the world cup. Whilst I am possibly the least energetic person in terms of exercise on this forum, I do love my football. I haven't taken too much interest in the Premiership lately but I want to watch as much of the world cup as possible (At least until England goes out in the first round).

Any good suggestions of Gay bars with large screens where world cup matches will be shown in Pattaya. The likes of the sports bar in soi twilight Bangkok would be ideal, is there such a bar in Pattaya? Also, any of the bars willing opr able to stay open for those 2.00am matches? I will probably be able to find matches on my cable tv but a little shared comraderie and a little English commentary is always nice.

Oh, a side note, with the signing of Shevchenko and Ballack and possibly Roberto Carlos yet to come, will Chelsea end up like the Gallacticos of Real Madrd and win absolutely nothing next year? Heres hoping.

June 5th, 2006, 04:00
Im hoping England will have a little bit of luck this time!! cant wait!

June 7th, 2006, 11:49
... appear that only you and I, Oogleman, share an interest in the forthcoming sporting event of the year. However, for those who are closetted football fans, I can tell you that I have found the Panorama Pub in Boyztown has on it's 1st Floor (the one above ground floor!) two smallish snooker tables (or largish pool tables) and a few litle rows of seats infront of a large screen tv. The worldcup, at least those matches being played out before 1.00am Thai time, will be avaiable for all those interested with a nice view down onto the boys of B'town.

June 7th, 2006, 13:03
If you find that you are missing too many matches, or that the venue in Pattaya is not suitable, you may also want to consider Phuket...

I spent most of the last world cup in Paradise Complex, where one of the boy bars had rolled a big screen tv into the street -- delightful both watching one of my favourite sports while also ogling 20+ cute lads rearranging their packages and just generally being cute. I'm not sure about bar closing time now, but when I was there in Feb and Mar they were winding down quite late.

June 7th, 2006, 13:50
It will be more of a problem to avoid World Cup madness than to find a place to watch it.

Aunty
June 8th, 2006, 19:01
The what?