PDA

View Full Version : accomodation

gedykaie
April 6th, 2013, 06:19
Hi gents looking to stay near sunee plaza or night and day area any of you nice geezers recommend somewhere in that area

joe552
April 6th, 2013, 17:03
If you don't need a swimming pool, try Mosaik apartments in Soi Day/Night. Quite a few board members have stayed and if you search here, you'll find some reports. I'll be back in June for my 2nd stay

paperboy
April 6th, 2013, 18:58
i will be staying in two guys
see you in jume Joe

joe552
April 6th, 2013, 19:02
heard Two Guys is good for breakfast, so if you're an early riser(oops) maybe see you there

TravellerDave
April 6th, 2013, 21:42
The Don Plaza hotel is a good choice in Sunee. I had a Large clean room with good wifi. But because of its location and noise from the bars it's not for those who like a early night !.

travelerjim
April 6th, 2013, 23:10
heard Two Guys is good for breakfast, so if you're an early riser(oops) maybe see you there

Two Guys Guesthouse is also a goodplace to stay...Great owner/host... :hello2:
John the owner gives great advice on where to go, who to see...etc.
and the breakfast menu is served ALL DAY...very reasonable and delicious.

Opens for breakfast I believe at 8:00am...for sure by 8:30am to give the fellas time to get started.

Enjoy your stay in Pattaya,

tj

gedykaie
May 25th, 2013, 19:52
Hi guys just wondered any you got any more feedback it not matter if its apartment,hotel,or guest house as long as you can give me some info been pattaya few times now and think sunee/day night area is best

anonone
May 25th, 2013, 22:31
What is important to you in accommodation? Hard to give you opinions without knowing what kind of stay you are looking for....

For example, Baan Dak Mai is a nice guesthouse in Day/Night area, but no reception on duty if ID checking is important for you. Good, reasonable Thai restaurant on the 1st floor.

gedykaie
May 26th, 2013, 02:11
Thanks anonone cleanliness most important, don't mind if its apartment,guest house,hotel as long as its clean,friendly people good banternot to far away from bars etc noise not a problem infact the louder the better(to an extent)

newalaan2
May 26th, 2013, 03:38
Hi guys just wondered any you got any more feedback it not matter if its apartment,hotel,or guest house as long as you can give me some info been pattaya few times now and think sunee/day night area is best

Baan Dak Mai is a nice guesthouse in Day/Night area, but no reception on duty if ID checking is important for you. Good, reasonable Thai restaurant on the 1st floor.
Two places I stay regularly in Day/Night are Baan Dok Mai for short stays and Mosaik for a week or more. Both have good points. Baan Dok Mai large rooms for Bt850 with beverage making facilities, large TV with DVD, balcony (s), large comfy bed, plenty wardrobe space, daily room cleaning and towel changes in the daily rate etc...more homely feel than Mosaik as BDM has reception area where the very friendly owner Warwick can be found as well as other residents. As Anonone states reception closes early evening so you have your own set of keys for entry.

Mosaik Apartments have no reception, just an office for checking-in so as with BDM your own keys and no ID checks for guests. Plenty of info on Mosaik on this forum but briefly, no daily clean and towel changes inc in rate, these are charged extra if/when required at Bt300 for clean, I think Bt115 for towel/sheet changes. Plenty of laundry's in the area including Mosaiks own Laundry service. Immaculate large apartments/Studios many options under Bt1000 per night including elect/water which is charged sepearately on check-out. Huge comfy sofas, well furnished, kitchen area and dining table with large TV, excellent shower/toilet room, balconies on request. Microwave available on request. Also Mosaik has late check-out of 5pm on leaving day as opposed to 12pm in hotels and guesthouses.

I've tried one or two other guesthouses/hotels in Pattaya but Baan Dok Mai still fulfills all my needs for shorter stays, but rooms big enough for long stays. Mosaik is the only apartments I have tried but is so good and reasonable prices never needed to look elsewhere. Can supply more specific details if needed.

paulfort
May 26th, 2013, 05:38
Hi Mate,
I have stayed at Mosiak twice before, though until a couple of years ago I normally stayed at Cafe Royal, which to be fair was always excellent and fair value for money. But Mosiak is a hell of a lot cheaper and and if you take one of the larger rooms with a sofa and balcony still a lot cheaper than a standard double in Cafe Royal even when you add in the cleaning cost and utilities. I would suggest that is your best bet in the area you are looking for!

timmberty
May 26th, 2013, 07:49
i spent 17 days at mosaik .. almost 1800 lecky bill .. and i hardly used the aircon ...
just as well book it thru agoda or any other site .. it might be dearer but you get a daily clean and no extra charges for electric or water.

newalaan2
May 27th, 2013, 06:26
i spent 17 days at mosaik .. almost 1800 lecky bill .. and i hardly used the aircon ...
just as well book it thru agoda or any other site .. it might be dearer but you get a daily clean and no extra charges for electric or water.
Interesting snippet. Which hotel site did you use to get Mosaik info that suggests or shows you would be just as well using them than going direct? Or maybe a bot dearer for a daily clean. Never tried that option.

Just looked at a couple of hotel sites one said cleaning was an optional extra, the other didn't mention it and both quoted a higher price for a Studio Deluxe than the price I get charged for a Prestige Deluxe. Can't be arsed checking around any further, if you've already done the work I would be interested in some detail Timmy.

The Prestige Studio is very large with balcony at Bt700 per night plus elect for my June visit. If I allow an extra Bt100 per night for elect as you were charged that's still only Bt800 per night. Not sure about a daily clean anyway, even when staying in full-service hotels often don't bother with cleaning everyday, just change of towels and water on many days. So which sites quoted room rates with cleaning timmy? My post is out of genuine interest as I book with Mosaik at least 3 times a year and it's always good to find alternative options.

timmberty
May 27th, 2013, 06:41
last time i used agoda .. everything was in the bill .. this trip i booked direct with mosaik, it was ┬г100 cheaper .. then the rates dropped, ok not mosaiks fault, but the price ended up the same after lecky bill etc etc than if id booked thru agoda.
now take into account i hardly used the aircon but paid 1800 baht for it, if you do like aircon on 24/7 i reckon it would cost a whole lot more booking direct than going thru a site. plus last time i had a maid on my door every day wanting to clean and change the towels, as opposed to not oncewanting to clean my room, then for me booking direct isnt that great a deal.
i had the one bed delux .. how posh am i .. mind you one bed for me, my boy of the day and a million ants meant the room was still to small.

anonone
May 27th, 2013, 18:40
Thanks anonone cleanliness most important, don't mind if its apartment,guest house,hotel as long as its clean,friendly people good banternot to far away from bars etc noise not a problem infact the louder the better(to an extent)

OK. Easy then.

NewAlan gave a very good summation of Mosaic and BDM, all of which I would agree with.

I would add that BDM can be pretty noisy in the late morning, when TukCom opens up for business. A lot of traffic noise...and a traffic cop blowing an infernal whistle constantly. As BF and I like to stay out late at the clubs, it became a bit of a problem for us. Otherwise, fine place to stay and meets your requirements. Restaurant downstairs is inexpensive, good Thai food.

Mosaic is as described, but may not meet your requirement for "good banter". There is no bar / restaurant associated with it and no real reception area for gathering. Much more of an independent arrangement setup...which appeals to some. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes in the area for you to meet up with others, though. My only complaint about Mosaic - the beds are VERY hard. If that does not bother you, it is an excellent place to stay.

Halfhansum
May 27th, 2013, 20:23
Where exactly is Baan Dak Ma, please, anyone ? Or mosaek for that matter .. :dontknow:
I stayed miles away near soi 5 when i was there, but want to be much nearer next time ...

joe552
May 27th, 2013, 22:25
Mosaik is in Soi Day/Night - a street beside Tukcom. Nicky's gay pattaya site has very useful maps to pinpoint all these places